• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

My Cloud, Vivi, Tyro, Squall and Tidus are already 65 here. Wakka, Irvine, Fran and Balthier are on the bench until I actually get a decent ranged weapon for them. Sephi is 62 (don't have any synergy weapon he can use, but I have a natural 5* FFXII Dagger, and quite a few fake 5* daggers, making him actually useful thanks to his high ATK), PCecil is 64 (bulky), and my Yuna is slowly but surely reaching level 60. The Figaro brothers should hit level 50 by tomorrow (Sabin will need a few eggs though).

Nice! Smart to keep Tyro level-capped so he can continue to fill gaps when needed. I didn't think about that.

Danjuro is the best weapon I have for Seph as well, so he's hovering around 56. Not a bad weapon by any means, but he usually gets booted in favor of a character who can equip something with a particular realm synergy. Not sure that I'll focus on leveling him any time soon.

Balphon

My Cloud, Vivi, Tyro, Squall and Tidus are already 65 here. Wakka, Irvine, Fran and Balthier are on the bench until I actually get a decent ranged weapon for them. Sephi is 62 (don't have any synergy weapon he can use, but I have a natural 5* FFXII Dagger, and quite a few fake 5* daggers, making him actually useful thanks to his high ATK), PCecil is 64 (bulky), and my Yuna is slowly but surely reaching level 60. The Figaro brothers should hit level 50 by tomorrow (Sabin will need a few eggs though).

The best weapon option for Fran and Balthier is probably a spear if you have a decent one of those. Looks like strong bows and guns are going to remain hard to come by.

I pulled a 4* FFX katana with one of my 100 gems pulls that I didn't know existed that I've had Sephiroth use a few times. It's only barely stronger than a dagger but the sound effect on attacks is cooler.

Nohar

Nice! Smart to keep Tyro level-capped so he can continue to fill gaps when needed. I didn't think about that.

Danjuro is the best weapon I have for Seph as well, so he's hovering around 56. Not a bad weapon by any means, but he usually gets booted in favor of a character who can equip something with a particular realm synergy. Not sure that I'll focus on leveling him any time soon.

Well, it helps that I have the Sentinel Grimoire. Without it, I'd probably wouldn't have leveled Tyro at all.
For Sephi, as I've mentioned, I actually have a couple good daggers (Mage masher 3*++ (FFIV), Dancing dagger 4* (FFIV), Maneater 4*+ (FFVI), Gladius (FFIX) 4*+, Gladius (FFXII) 5*), making it easy to use him in several realms.

@Balphon: I do have a 3*++ FFXII spear, and a Trident (4*, FFXII again), but without synergy they are not worth using. Also, Balthier and Fran remain rather fragile, I prefer to avoid putting them on the front row if possible.

Falk

that puzzling face
Doesn't make sense that fists and katanas aren't at least as good as swords in terms of stats. Fewer people can use them.

Or if you wanted to be eccentric, give katanas a really shitty base stat but great scaling so they kind of catch up to swords at max level, and surpass at + and ++ and/or RS.

THERE, LESS COMMON WEAPON THAT'S SCARY.

Nohar

Getting rid of my excess scarletite and adamantium every single day makes me sad... But I will stay strong and wait for the celebration.

Vorpal

What are people doing for non-Retaliate EXP daily farming? RW and non-elemental summons? Berserk + Blind messes me up otherwise.

I can get Edgar/Sabin/Vivi/Garnet through the first round alright and retreat, but it bugs me to miss out on the Growth Egg completion rewards.

Nohar

I never used Retaliate for the Sunday Dungeon. It's really unecessary. Take a Black mage character and equip him/her with Waterga and Comet (for Galkichimera). If you use a summoner, give her Valefor. For your front-line fighters, give them good weapons and Double Cut or a Break ability (heck, Pound also works). A RW with a non-elemental SB is also great.

Frankly, unless you go into that dungeon with a whole party of level 30 or lower characters, or with less than 5 characters, there is no reason to lose more than one medal per stage. Give eggs to the new character(s) to bring them to a respectable level (35+) in order for them to not be walking liabilities (not to mention the more HP and Defense they have, the less you are susceptible to lose medals for Damage Taken), take other characters which are already 50+ (but not 65), and level up all of them. Better level up everyone at a slightly lower pace than to have to S/L like crazy, repeat only the first stage and miss out the Growth eggs at the end of the dungeon (5 Growth eggs = 1 Greater Growth egg = 50000 exp = nearly a full level for level 40+ characters); since you can run the entire dungeon a little less than 10 times in 24h, and you win 3 Growth eggs per completion, it really would be a waste to not grab those; not to mention the Lesser Growth eggs which can drop, they are a nice little bonus).

MicH

Yeah, I usually go with three front row characters, a BM and a WM. Throw Double Cut on the physical characters along with Bladeblitz and a Break. Give WM Comet and WM Curaga. Use a NE AOE RW for the last two rounds of the third dungeon. I just S/L if they Berserk or Blind me

Also, I hate leveling Summoner. Even at level 40 and with a Regal Gown he dies often

Nohar

I need to find the ATK and MAG numbers threeshold you need to reach for OHKO the Garchimacera (I had to look for the spelling of that accursed name). My level 53 Quistis deals around 4000 damages with Comet and 243 MAG (which is more than enough, since Garchimacera have around 3600 HP IIRC). Same for Sephiroth with 263 ATK and Magic Break. I have Yuna on stand-by with Valefore when I want to get rid of two Garchimacera when they pop together, Quistis can use Waterga to OHKO the Crew Dust, and other characters can kill the other monsters without too much problems (or just skip their turn until the others can act, or summon the RW if they act first way before everyone else).

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm at a point where I just yolo with no healing abilities but r2 Phoenix/r1 Valefor. Bladeblitz/Comet/Waterga round out the other damage abilities. Bladeblitz guy gets Pound in the other slot just in case he gets blinded.

Don't even need to savescum. Just trade body blows and Phoenix if someone passes away.

I've only ever lost more than 1 medal once in the past three weeks (oops) and that was before Summoner RM2 too.

Road

Started the day with left, but Yuna hit 50 and I asked myself WTF is Kihmari doing in my party? It basically revolves around boost Ricard for bladeblitz + finish off round with others since he can't OHKO yet, and AOE RW. I have to s/l sometimes to avoid damage and aguarantee champion

_aWizwQAHe5pDxnzA0Fxy9Z0ohTRt2dSJcj2mkSr1TBr=w350-no
9aYAlDqYsRda30ANjDV_j3dPyfbIBGyHCNFXZSFJmGJX=w350-no

I didn't kill Negator either. Red XIII RW stronk.

(Also 6x Power Breakdown helps)

In any event, the hardest part of the dungeon is getting mitigation off against Crawler before it shoots you. 10~ Thundara/Thunder strikes from Squall and Cloud were enough to down it on elite. I didn't even bother killing Negator.
Good tip on not killing Negator, will probably try that. Thanks.

Vorpal

Tips for non-Retaliate setups worked well! Although this is definitely a spot where I regret taking a break from getting Summoner's memory crystal/RMs. Oh well. Next week.

MicH

Got Edgar, Sabin and Josef to 50 and Tyro needs less than a level. Awesome! That means I'm ready for the EX dungeons

eastx

Has anyone gotten their free 5 Mythtil from the Figabros' relic banner pull? I haven't and I pulled twice...

I haven't received the 5 Mythril either. I hope they don't leave us all high and dry.

Also, I forgot to thank you for the advice a few days ago. The drop rate for Lesser Power Orbs is not great, but I managed to get Double Cut and Retaliate up to R4, at least. Kinda dread going for R5.

zulux21

so I have been logging into this game for a while but due to how poorly it runs I don't have much motivation to play it.

if there is a way to transfer accounts and someone wants my account just let me know.

I have 119 unused mythral
42928 gil
and a ton of 2 star + items and weapons from log ins and relic rolls.

Razmos

Sounds like we should be getting another mythril apology soon...
"Sorry it took so long, have 5 mythril"
then that takes a while and we get the banner mythril during that time.

Then they apologize for the apologies mythril and give us another 5 mythril, creating a never ending stream of apology mythril.

MicH

Managed to get Summoner to 50, WoL to 40, Kain to 46, Luneth to 45 and Vanille to 47. Not bad! Going for Summoner and Tyro's RM2 today as I need fire orbs. Hopefully it won't be too bad

I haven't received the 5 Mythril either. I hope they don't leave us all high and dry.

Also, I forgot to thank you for the advice a few days ago. The drop rate for Lesser Power Orbs is not great, but I managed to get Double Cut and Retaliate up to R4, at least. Kinda dread going for R5.

Happy to have helped! Retaliate is good to get up to R5. It's better to have 2 R4 Double Cuts than a single R5 one... Josef's RM2 helps out immensely if you have it. :)

Done with EXP day and get Edgar and Sabin within a whisker of leveling up. Time to tackle the boss rush!

Nohar

Edgar and Sabin are level 50. Time to fight the last Elite of Sabin's dungeon, then boss rush, then EX+. Shouldn't we too hard... I hope.

The celebrations banners can't come soon enough.

Edgar and Sabin are level 50. Time to fight the last Elite of Sabin's dungeon, then boss rush, then EX+. Shouldn't we too hard... I hope.

The funny thing is, what's giving me trouble is the goddamned trash, since everything like to use AoE even worse than the end of the Yuna event. Given my performance in the FFVIII event and the fact that I got my current major players some more levels today, I'm feeling pretty confident about beating up Blue Dragon and Atma Weapon, I just need to get to them without looking like hamburger.

forgrim

After starting ffrk at the locke event, i finally finished all elite dungeons, yay. Now farming ff 2 for Josef's rm, dumped 120 sta into it and so far nothing.

Negator

Who are you farming? I do Scarmiglione in Babil part 1 for 19 Stamina per try. 2/3 so far. Small sample but I am already happy enough. Not sure where to head to for Greater Non-Elemental.

I was doing 9-1 Masked Man on elite. I finally got the dark orb I wanted and this is the fruit of my labor:

jKKO1hzl.jpg

Time to work on Power Break. Rip my 4* Lightning Orbs :(

Road

First Blue Dragon down. Easy fight (thanks free Zantetsuken), but I annoyed I'm got expert on it due to sap damage (champion on the whole dungeon thanks to s/l'ing the shit out of Ninja). Party used: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AyWBTrit_XN7kuX95EqVe6cURyD2GlwMxnRHfHteA-Z9=w474-h842-no

Spent an entire stamina bar trying to get just one Greater Dark Orb. Got nothing, rip.
Who are you farming? I do Scarmiglione in Babil part 1 for 19 Stamina per try. 2/3 so far. Small sample but I am already happy enough. Not sure where to head to for Greater Non-Elemental.
I was doing 9-1 Masked Man on elite. I finally got the dark orb I wanted and this is the fruit of my labor:

Thought it was common knowledge Phantom Train elite (not event) is the easiest GDO spot -- easy fight (OHKO with Raise) and good drop rate. If you accept the drop, you can't repeat it without going throughout the whole dungeon, but the stamina cost is so low that is still worth it.

Anyway, for future reference, check this spreadsheet that uses drop data from ffrk inspector: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q-7YHNFigCqzOITIY7PrXtCM7qw5Y89eTcU6cqDyR_o/htmlview

Falk

that puzzling face

jKKO1hzl.jpg

Time to work on Power Break. Rip my 4* Lightning Orbs :(

I found Power Breakdown and Armor Breakdown a little redundant when Power Steal and Armor Steal are coming in future.

I mean yeah I honed both to r3 but that's enough for a stopgap right now, methinks.

Thief characters tend to have slightly better stats and equipment than support characters too, outside of Vaan.

Negator

I found Power Breakdown and Armor Breakdown a little redundant when Power Steal and Armor Steal are coming in future.

I mean yeah I honed both to r3 but that's enough for a stopgap right now, methinks.

Thief characters tend to have slightly better stats and equipment than support characters too, outside of Vaan.

I feel like by the point Magic and Power Breakdown become less relevant, I'll have gotten a ton of use out of them. I'm not too hot on Armor and Mental Breakdown, because they generally aren't as effective.

Thought it was common knowledge Phantom Train elite (not event) is the easiest GDO spot -- easy fight (OHKO with Raise) and good drop rate. If you accept the drop, you can't repeat it without going throughout the whole dungeon, but the stamina cost is so low that is still worth it.

Anyway, for future reference, check this spreadsheet that uses drop data from ffrk inspector: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q-7YHNFigCqzOITIY7PrXtCM7qw5Y89eTcU6cqDyR_o/htmlview

Yea but there is no stats yet for Scarmiglione in Giant of Babil, Part 1(Elite). Since he's the first boss, it's 19 Stamina only and very quick to do (not as quick as casting Raise but still), making it a very good option if the drop rate is good.

I love how it comes up with NaN healed (just did that to the event one ow that I have raise, even without raise paralyzing the train
I'd prefer to stop it
makes things simple).

Yea but there is no stats yet for Scarmiglione in Giant of Babil, Part 1(Elite). Since he's the first boss, it's 19 Stamina only and very quick to do (not as quick as casting Raise but still), making it a very good option if the drop rate is good.
The inspector only has 6 runs for that part of the dungeon. Now for the 4th part there are 8 runs with 4 greater wind drops. That is a minuscule sample size though.

Falk

that puzzling face
I feel like by the point Magic and Power Breakdown become less relevant, I'll have gotten a ton of use out of them. I'm not too hot on Armor and Mental Breakdown, because they generally aren't as effective.

Yeh, same here. I don't foresee any situation I'd use more than 6 though, in the upcoming few months. The debuff lasts ~2 1/2 turns, and if boss isn't dead in 15 turns, I'm already probably dead.

(My 4* support guys rarely are in there for DPS, and in fact I have them wait at full ATB for ~1/2 a turn before refreshing Breakdowns just to get longer uptime. Maybe I'm over-playing this game lol)

I feel so empty on Mondays with no dungeons to master and the dailies full of orbs I do not want or need. I guess I still need garnets rm2....

Grinding orbs against elite bosses is so unappealing, however since there are a few more repeatables at least it isn't completely wasted stamina. Maybe I should farm to finally craft/hone blizzaja.

elty

I almost wiped on Blue Dragon. I imagine Ultima weapon can only be harder because of no weakness. What would be a good strategy for it? I can only think of advance retaliate.

Falk

that puzzling face
8x intimidate

I feel so empty on Mondays with no dungeons to master and the dailies full of orbs I do not want or need. I guess I still need garnets rm2....

Grinding orbs against elite bosses is so unappealing, however since there are a few more repeatables at least it isn't completely wasted stamina. Maybe I should farm to finally craft/hone blizzaja.

FWIW Blue Dragon on the ++ drops 3* and 4* summon orbs and is objectively easier than the previous ++ bosses with the right abilities, especially if you don't care about the medals (e.g. no need to bring Edgar/Sabin, no need to be very frugal with action count, etc). No idea on the drop rates though.

Will echo the r4 intimidate on Ultima. Sl until it hits first out of the gates and then hit his with a breakdown once it comes off unless your intimidator can get it back on immediately. Makes things very easy, use either advance or lunatic high rw.

8x intimidate

FWIW Blue Dragon on the ++ drops 3* and 4* summon orbs and is objectively easier than the previous ++ bosses with the right abilities, especially if you don't care about the medals (e.g. no need to bring Edgar/Sabin, no need to be very frugal with action count, etc). No idea on the drop rates though.

Oh right, thanks for reminding me, that's what I'll do until the dailies change over. Presumably the tifa event will launch in 31 or so hours.

Random thought. Carbuncle might not be bad in the boss rush. Ultros can made to fry itself with Thundaga counters and the tentacles can bio themselves too (also if you bring Kirin that can be used to overwrite poison). Still you tend to be ability slot short during a boss rush.

As for me I'm still doing Floating Continent (and also have Ancient Castle left) and given Edgar/Sabin needed to use breaks to OHKO those blasted bombs in the non-boss version and I'll be needing said breaks for Ultima weapon, this is going to be tough. At least I won't bring Fire this time if I do want to trash mobs with magic :*(

I'm also contemplating getting some Mythril Rod (VI) for relm synergy (Esper Valley classic seems to be the best location).

Reading up on the Tifa event. Apparently there are a lot of “airborne” things on the Magician side. Not sure if it includes regular enemies or not.

Balphon

Worth noting that Ultima doesn't use its big AoEs until it's below half health, so if you're trying to conserve intimidate charges you should save them until the second half of the fight. You'd need to keep magic break up if you're going to let it get attacks in, though.

Random thought. Carbuncle might not be bad in the boss rush. Ultros can made to fry itself with Thundaga counters and the tentacles can bio themselves too (also if you bring Kirin that can be used to overwrite poison). Still you tend to be ability slot short during a boss rush.

I used a Runic RW myself. Same principle, worked great.

EDIT: Seems I'm going to need to hone Wind Slash for the TIfa event.

Done with Blue Dragon ++. His AoE attacks are bloody annoying even with Magic Break, especially since I don't have Shellga and SG RW only has two casts. Hooray for poison buster though... He actually died because of a 3k poison tick!

I don't really have anything to clear now since I've mastered all of the current content. I think I'll try farming Mythril Rod VII from Temple of the Ancients classic for some magic boosting realm synergy for the upcoming Tifa aerial battles.

Nohar

Good lord! That boss rush was tedious. Runic Blade is a must-have for Orthros and Tentacles. However, if you take Runic Blade, you better be lucky with Intimidate and have enough burst for Ultima Weapon. I went with RW Advance, but I had to S/L a couple times Orthros and Tentacles (used Advance once on Tentacles, once on Ultima). Not to mention I had Sentinel Grimoire, making things easier. I can't imagine how hard this boss rush can be without good damage mitigation. Some may want to wait until they unlock Shellga (that, and/or you need a honed Magic Breakdown).

@Lights and Waves: we will get the celebration banners in a little less than 2 months.

MicH

I just beat Orthros in the boss rush and he was a pushover. Vargas was surprisingly hard as he could just go nuts with Gale Wind while I was trying to take out the two bears. I had to use an SG charge on him.

I'm really fearing the tentacles

johnsmith

remember me
Had to burn a myrhril because I ran out of retaliates. Should have brought runic blade and used it on Ultros and the tentacles to get charges back. Ultima weapon never hit me once I started intimidating once he began to charge. Every intimidate was successful.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahahaha man, I ended up with literally zero abilities left on Ultima Weapon except for 2 cures. Ultima died about a round after the last Paralyze wore off after maybe 3 rounds of autoattacking.

Echoing Runic over anything else. Sentinel Grimoire... didn't really do anything that Runic wouldn't have mitigated just as well while getting back charges. (I rerolled RWs like a billion times and gave up and just went with SG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom