• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Boss rush mastered. Didn't have too much trouble actually, but that's mostly because I have Protectga and Shellga SB armor. Blue Dragon next!

Not the hardest boss rush event, bit very slow and steady. Really hate how the game punishes you for being "slow".
Sorry DeNa, that ain't how I play RPGs.

Someone did some insanity on the blue dragon+. I'm tempted to try it myself but my FFVI armour is not great in comparison, I have breaks instead of breakdowns and not enough retaliate as well. That said another person had success with a minor adjustment of having someone with Curaga and Kirin.

As for the boss rush itself. When I get to it I'm tempted to make my life easy and just burn mythril on a refresh after the tentacles. Using the cheesy Advance strategy on Ultima Weapon, Vargas and Tentacles.

Nohar

EX++ Blue Dragon mastered. I went with Advance, only to realize that the boss really hits hard, even with Magic Breakdown, which was equipped by Tyro, who was on healing duty too. Very, very, very bad move, since there was absolutly no way to use Sentinel Grimoire between the mandatory healings and the need to refresh Magic Breakdown every two turns. After 3 S/L, I activate Advance on Edgar instead of Sabin (who had Double Cut) by accident. At this point I said "Screw this" and activated Advance on Sabin right after that. So I had Cloud hitting 9999 with Zantetsuken and Thundara Strike, Sabin hitting 7000~ with Double Cut (in total), Edgar dealing 7000~ with Poison Buster or Armor Break, and Vivi using Thundaga each time it was his turn for 7336 damages. I managed to burn it down before it burned me down. Phew. And I didn't even need to use Retaliate (my original plan was to do Advance+Retaliate, but it worked fine that way).

I just hope that I will be able to master other future events, because right now this is getting really difficult. Thanksfully we are finally getting Shellga, this is going to be a game-changer for several bosses.

elty

So a healer, Sabin, Edgar is madatory for boss rush, Probably Cloud for retaliate and then just a single slot left.

Meier

Tried to go back and beat Sinspawn Gui in the FFX Elite level (Mushroom Rock Road). Thought I'd beat him but just ran out of magic attacks and I was SOL since I had no one who can do ranged. Can I just kill his body and ignore the rest of him? I see on the wiki that he has 130k HP on his body which is rough but maybe if I just focus solely on that, I'd be able to do it. Last time, I killed his arms and was going after his body but the arms eventually respawned (ugh). I should note that Tidus is my highest level character of any realm at 56.

Haven't been able to finish any of these events on elite mode.. kudos to you guys who do. I don't even bother to try if there are multiple bosses, lol.

Meier

Ha! Squeaked by.. you can indeed beat it by just taking out the body. I had full stamina since I had gotten to it last night.. just went from 106-107 and got nothing out of it but oh well. Incredibly, just beating it even as a Novice was enough to get me mastery of the stage. Yay for having revive and no one being dead when he went down.

johnsmith

remember me
So a healer, Sabin, Edgar is madatory for boss rush, Probably Cloud for retaliate and then just a single slot left.
Support 4 user for Magic Breakdown is a requirement. The damage is insane without it. I used Quistis so I could nuke with Thundaja too.

MicH

Aaannd the EX++ is beaten! That was pretty damn easy. SG + Shellga + Magic Break mitigates an incredible amount of damage. Vivi's Thundagas dealt 9999 each turn and poison really stacks up at 3000+ each turn too

Support 4 user for Magic Breakdown is a requirement. The damage is insane without it. I used Quistis so I could nuke with Thundaja too.
Quistis is pretty good in this regard. She can wield the Breakdowns and black magic. Especially if you bring Quake to do a lot of damage to 3 of the tentacles

Razmos

Just tried to beat the last dungeon of the Edgar path, Storm Dragon.
What a pile of bullshit that boss is. Ridiculous levels of HP, ability to wipe out your party in one hit using one of its MANY AoE attacks unless you keep Magic Break on it constantly.

And it just rubs salt in the wound that the fucking tip says to use Shellga when they haven't seen fit to let us craft it despite the metric fuck ton of magic nuking bosses they are throwing at us.

Why the hell has it taken this long for us to get Shellga? it's a joke.

Nohar

Just tried to beat the last dungeon of the Edgar path, Storm Dragon.
What a pile of bullshit that boss is. Ridiculous levels of HP, ability to wipe out your party in one hit using one of its MANY AoE attacks unless you keep Magic Break on it constantly.

And it just rubs salt in the wound that the fucking tip says to use Shellga when they haven't seen fit to let us craft it despite the metric fuck ton of magic nuking bosses they are throwing at us.

Why the hell has it taken this long for us to get Shellga? it's a joke.

The game really isn't balanced, especially since we get many key abilities rather late, Shellga being one of the main offenders. Aside from that, you have some Jobs which have only a few abilities available, and those aren't even interesting: Monks and Knights don't have any abilities worth crafting yet, Dragoons only have the completly overshadowed Jump, and Samuraï is saved only by the fact that their one usable ability is way more useful than it probably was designed for.

Between that, the atrociously slow user interface (how can a game like that run so badly? It doesn't make any sense), challenges which are difficult to impossible to beat without very good honed abilities (which is fair, since we can farm *most* orbs) and gatcha pulls (which is definitly not fair), the game is overall poorly designed.

I also could argue that being limited to only two equipable abilities per character is rather low, hindering team composition and the gameplay itself. It would be better for characters to be able to equip at least up to 3 different abilities (though some would argue that it is the case with Soul Breaks, but you are too dependant over gatcha pulls), and would allow more interesting encounters. I'd like some characters to be able to equip a third ability, with some restrictions (for example, the 3rd ability slot could only be filled with ability unique to the character's job, ie. Knights would only be able to equip Knight abilities, same thing for Dragoons, etc).

Between that, the atrociously slow user interface (how can a game like that run so badly? It doesn't make any sense)

I was thinking about that yesterday and I think that I would pay 50$ for the game to run perfectly smooth at all time. I lose too much time because of how terrible it runs. One update made it ok but it did not last after the next update...

elty

Just master the boss rush. Kirin is extremely useful and make every boss easy. (Ultros just need lots of S/L if blind lands on Cloud or the magic break user). I only need to drop heal once in awhile.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was. Until it used 2 AoE attacks in a row and killed my party faster than I could heal them.

I don't think Blue Dragon has ever hit for more than 700 with Tsunami (the worst aoe) on low res characters with Magic Breakdown applied.

This is on ++ too, not at the end of Edgar's stuff.

edit: rechecked screenshots, was 700 not 600.

How much health does the Phantom Train have in the Sabin event? Because I went though one fight with him where I had to reset because after using both friend summons and a bunch of attacks he was still kicking... but on my second attempted I did friend sumon (blitz ball) -> boost locke -> locke charge strike and he died o_O is there some kind of glitch that causes damage to be carried over during a reset?

johnsmith

remember me
Next event seems lame. Break the level cap for a character I'll never use? Yawn. The only thing redeeming it is that we finally get Shellga.

Falk

that puzzling face
How much health does the Phantom Train have in the Sabin event? Because I went though one fight with him where I had to reset because after using both friend summons and a bunch of attacks he was still kicking... but on my second attempted I did friend sumon (blitz ball) -> boost locke -> locke charge strike and he died o_O is there some kind of glitch that causes damage to be carried over during a reset?

Phantom Train is not immune to death.

Zantetsuken procced.

(You can further cheese it with Raise lol)

edit: Holy shit the greatest part about farming Blue Dragon for summon orbs is he drops 30k gil a pop hahahaha

Falk

that puzzling face
So out of sheer boredom (and because Yuna and Garnet both hit 65, but I want to not waste any XP*) I swapped to a non-Luneth RW, no-healer strat and blew up Blue Dragon++ before he blew me up.

lfKpwKW.jpg

*yes I realize Terra is capped at 50 doesn't get XP. Fixing that next. Maybe considering that Thundaja is going to hit for 9999 regardless, I can swap her with Tyro. *shudder*

Also Edgar and Sabin are in there because I can't get Champion otherwise. Which reduces my XP gain. I'm too OCD for that :(

Been blowing mythril for stamina to try and just catch up on the classic dungeons, but then hit a point where I blew my stamina and now have it maxed where the dungeon I'm at only needs like 40 to clear of my 70 D:

Red Mage

So, for my Long Range party, I use Sephiroth with retaliate for trash, Wakka with bow + breaks, Healer with Protectga + haste, a summoner with Kirin + Ramuh, and a black magic user with Thundara and Thundaga. Any suggestions for improving my setup?

Balphon

So, for my Long Range party, I use Sephiroth with retaliate for trash, Wakka with bow + breaks, Healer with Protectga + haste, a summoner with Kirin + Ramuh, and a black magic user with Thundara and Thundaga. Any suggestions for improving my setup?

I'd use Cloud instead of Sephiroth since he has Celerity.

Negator

I would use Tyro to consolidate Retaliate + Kirin/protectga/haste to save on ability slots to bring more ranged skills.

Road

Lesson of the day: do not attempt boss rush during work... That was sloppy. I had to s/l a million times.

As for ex++ Blue Dragon, before and after:

YQfmjtogU7VdkopyblK1yjqT_8Nyuyp94Zu_UqfQpUKR=w350-h953-no
8g4GKruxv0gxJVR85iakQ-w2aipx0oi7pdhet2reE-uM=w350-h953-no

Having to bring dead weight Sabin was the biggest handicap. The heroic fight I did earlier today was much different from this. I also should have made Kirin r2 (I didn't realize Acid Rain was going to cancel it out). Cloud too stronk, though.

Falk

that puzzling face

So I actually did this, because OCD. Putting useless Tyro in the no-healer lineup was the last piece of the #yolo puzzle. Oh well as long as I can kill Blue Dragon and get summon orbs the medals don't really matter.

... Wait

Vorpal

yWi1xKX.jpg

Tidus and Wakka were my highest level characters on Saturday and then the EXP daily happened. A moment of silence for all of the brave mythril that contributed to the cause. Time to try out the boss rushes!

Girlfriend got so hype for the Figabro event she did some fan art:

That's awesome!

Balphon

I'm sorry, but if it isn't too much trouble, could someone post a screenshot of the team you used to beat the Figaro Bros. boss rush?

Sabin: Innate Healing
Edgar: Double Hit
Garnet: Concentration II
Cloud: Soldier Strike
Terra: n/a

+ Celes Runic RW. I probably would've replaced Terra with Vivi if I didn't have her sword, and may have had to put Fira Strike on Cloud in lieu of one of the breaks.

I ended up blowing a mythril to finish the boss rush. T_T

I made it to Ultima pretty easily but had very few abilities left. After s/l'ing numerous times to try and make it work, I became impatient and said fuck this. I'd rather spend one mythril and move on with my life versus doing s/l a hundred times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom