• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

So with the 2nd exp daily almost over how are everyone's party levels?
My main party atm is:
Cloud lv 44
Kain lv 43
Tidus lv 39
Tyro lv 37
Rydia lv 40

Building up Sephiroth lv 31 and done some work on Tifa, Wakka and Bm who are at 25.

Damn, impressive. My party is around 34-36.

SLV

It's nice if you got ranged weapons, I don't have any, no idea where to get them either :( stuck on floor 60

Vorpal

It's nice if you got ranged weapons, I don't have any, no idea where to get them either :( stuck on floor 60

Farming Figaro Castle leaves you with a truckload of Longbows. Easy enough to get one up to Max Lv so Tyro has something to do after he's burnt through his Thunder reserves. I had a Chakram for Wakka, though I don't remember where that came from.

Like others have said, it was really all about Rydia's Rank 2 Thundara. I spent the afternoon farming Figaro Castle for Lesser Thunder Orbs and cleared Floor 60 on my first trip back.

I have one mythril dagger and no mythril knives but Ill check it out.
They may be two separate items. I've only come across the knives personally, but if your game says dagger, then they must be different.

Edit: They are separate it seems. Sorry I don't know where to get the dagger.

Huh? Where do you get these?

Whips you get from beating Kain in castle in FF4 (okayish drop rate) (edit) forgot there were multiple castles, the one before Baron castle.

Black cowls you get from beating the boss of the ship graveyard from FFV (lower drop rate)

Wondering if I should be farming more black cowls since they are the only 3 drop you can actually farm at this point that I'm aware of.

Z3M0G

Whips you get from beating Kain in castle in FF4 (okayish drop rate) (edit) forgot there were multiple castles, the one before Baron castle.

Black cowls you get from beating the boss of the ship graveyard from FFV (lower drop rate)

Wondering if I should be farming more black cowls since they are the only 3 drop you can actually farm at this point that I'm aware of.

Hmmm, thanks! Time to start grinding random bosses

Z3M0G

Question/Comment:

At start of the Boss section, on any round, activate Airplane mode.
Proceed to beat the boss.
See if you drop coin/orb/chest/nothing
Connection Error.
Kill App. <- If you get the drop you want, can't you just enable your connection again and hit "OK" on the connection error to claim it?
Disable Airplane.
Activate App.
Click OK. <- If you didn't like the drop, just hit "Cancel" here and skip the next 2 steps.
Throws you into round 3, the boss round.
Flee if you don't like what it dropped//Kill Boss if you like what it dropped.

Also, grinding the whip feels like a waste of time if I already have the gravity rod... am I right?

Z3M0G

You don't, you can disable airplane and click OK to retry connection and it'll move forward. I left that out to just streamline the directions.

Or this haha

Streamlined your steps :)

How to grind (like) a boss:
At start of the Boss section, on any round, activate Airplane mode.
Proceed to beat the boss.
See if you drop coin/orb/chest/nothing.
Connection Error.
IF GOOD DROP: deactivate Airplane mode and press OK. [DONE]
IF BAD DROP: Kill App, continue steps.
deactivate Airplane mode.
Activate App.
Click Cancel. [RESTART]

Ok, seriously wondering if this revised method actually works... I'm stuck in a loop where Dragoon boss keeps dropping an orb... (trying to get the whip). I'm not even getting attempts where he drops nothing anymore...

I'm wondering if my steps are leading to a repeat of the same outcome from the server somehow...

Falk

that puzzling face
Man you guys are just gonna make them reset loot seeds every time you continue and/or force you to abort or reconnect prior to the loot screen lol.

(although the Japanese version has been running for a while)

Ashodin

If you want a whole party of casters, sure.

Z3M0G

Man you guys are just gonna make them reset loot seeds every time you continue and/or force you to abort or reconnect prior to the loot screen lol.

(although the Japanese version has been running for a while)

Do you mean that's why I may be getting the problem above?

Z3M0G

Ok, anyone who grinded for the whip... does the dragoon boss also drop an orb with a very high drop rate? That's all I'm getting on every attempt now (using the trick). Either that, or the trick is failing me... or he doesn't drop the whip at all and it is somewhere else?

Yaari

Ok, anyone who grinded for the whip... does the dragoon boss also drop an orb with a very high drop rate? That's all I'm getting on every attempt now (using the trick). Either that, or the trick is failing me... or he doesn't drop the whip at all and it is somewhere else?

Yeah its the orb most of the time. That's normal.

Z3M0G

Anyone else needing to frequently re-download old locations when revisiting them?? I play mostly over data connection and it's eating a lot... It is clear that this game is swapping data in / out to keep its footprint down. I wish I could override that and force it to store everything.

Yeah its the orb most of the time. That's normal.

Yikes, ok...

Well I'm done with this then... this is a really un-fun way to play the game. I'll stick with my Gravity Rod. Doesn't everyone get that eventually? I don't think it was a Rare pull for me... though I may be wrong.

Drop rate has been one in six to eight for most people.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
I've completed a load of dungeons and no more has appeared and I stupidly skidded mogs instructions on how to unlock more (I've only been playing around 2 hours).

What do you have to do to unlock more?

Z3M0G

LOL

Tried getting the whip about 10 times using the connection cheat... nothing.

Did a non-cheated run for the black cowl and got one first try.

garath

I've completed a load of dungeons and no more has appeared and I stupidly skidded mogs instructions on how to unlock more (I've only been playing around 2 hours).

What do you have to do to unlock more?

Just finish dungeons to unlock more. It wont' always be in the same area so just look for the FF world with "NEW" next to it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I tried the airplane mode + force close the app thing for a bit but it's way too boring to keep doing consecutively. I'm glad I can pull the flee trick without doing that. Although I don't think I'm going for the 3 black cowls, I had enough of that kind of farming with the whips (which even had a higher drop rate) and I don't want to burn myself out on the game. Think I'll go after some orbs to create/hone some abilities now, normal-style farming.

Ricker

Just started this this morning,for the hell of it...it runs pretty bad on my old Kobo Android tablet though lol but is there a way to choose a target when there is more then one ennemy during a fight or am I just too early on...? I like the whole nostalgia look to it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Today's daily stinks. Normal drops Minor Orbs 90% of the time. Useless.

Yeah, it's super annoying.

Is there a guide for the Shinra floors? I'm on 41-45 now, so I want to start thinking about what I'm bringing so I can get Sephiroth before the event ends.

I tried the airplane mode + force close the app thing for a bit but it's way too boring to keep doing consecutively. I'm glad I can pull the flee trick without doing that. Although I don't think I'm going for the 3 black cowls, I had enough of that kind of farming with the whips (which even had a higher drop rate) and I don't want to burn myself out on the game. Think I'll go after some orbs to create/hone some abilities now, normal-style farming.

this early in the life of the game, unless you got lucky with mythril pulls, 3 black cowls are pretty important for rydia on ffiv elite. Not only does it multiply def but mag. I had 5* gown that I put on WM while I put a fully upgraded BCowl on Rydia.

Got a fully upgraded Mythril Helm on Kain since it gives a small boost on attack

LOL

Tried getting the whip about 10 times using the connection cheat... nothing.

Did a non-cheated run for the black cowl and got one first try.

Yeah like you I wondered if the airplane trick triggered something else to keep having orbs drop. But after my 10th or so try I finally got my third Mythril Helm, so I dunno.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Just finish dungeons to unlock more. It wont' always be in the same area so just look for the FF world with "NEW" next to it.

I have no new missions, I've completed around 8 missions in iv v and vi, 2 in VII and 3 in x. No more have appeared and I've checked everything

Mknzy

Just got my Sephiroth this morning after doing nothing but the gil and xp events over the weekend. Good to know I cleared him. Went into the final battle fairly strong, so I didn't have too much trouble with it.

Meier

Was trying out the Elite version of one of the FF4 dungeons and am up against the mist dragon and this thing is a real pain in the ass. :\ I cruised through until him easily but I have no clue how much health it has. The mist counter absolutely rekt me initially.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have no new missions, I've completed around 8 missions in iv v and vi, 2 in VII and 3 in x. No more have appeared and I've checked everything

Did you dismiss a popup that told you that you beat the current content, teased the next batch, and suggested you do elite/daily dungeons?

What's with all the gears from XII? We'll sure be ready for resonance once those dungeons come out... Pulling another 3* relic from XII stings big time with how much work is involved now from getting Mythril through the higher difficulty Elite dungeons...

White Mage has undoubtedly bigger heals (approx 2x I'd say), but Tyrone can actually attack. If you can get away with the lesser heals, he's definitely a benefit.
I lucked out and got a ***** Healing Grimoire for Tyro during a mythril pull. He is by far my best healer now.

Was trying out the Elite version of one of the FF4 dungeons and am up against the mist dragon and this thing is a real pain in the ass. : I cruised through until him easily but I have no clue how much health it has. The mist counter absolutely rekt me initially.

Does he have a tell before going to mist mode? As far as I can tell you just need to be conservative with your attacks and wait for him to do his thing.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
this early in the life of the game, unless you got lucky with mythril pulls, 3 black cowls are pretty important for rydia on ffiv elite. Not only does it multiply def but mag. I had 5* gown that I put on WM while I put a fully upgraded BCowl on Rydia.

Got a fully upgraded Mythril Helm on Kain since it gives a small boost on attack
At the moment I got a White Robe on her that I got from an early pull. Comparing the stats (something I should have done before, lol) I think I can skip the Black Cowl, even without combining the Robe feels pretty decent and it also gets the synergy bonus in the IV stages. I'll be missing that magic boost, but alas. Really don't feel like trying to farm it for now, it never drops and it feels too unrewarding. :(

MvUjA2x.png
hSRvjwI.png

Today's daily stinks. Normal drops Minor Orbs 90% of the time. Useless.

Yeah. I'm just moving on to hard now for all these. Even if I can complete them all, doing the first set of rounds bags you lesser or higher orbs minimum. Quit and repeat. Managed to get another 2 double cut abilities today bolstering attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom