• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Check and check. Didn't think about the timer though. Good point.

Regular breaks aren't going to do much, so you should probably give Lightning Blizzard Strike or something. You should also replace her with Squall if he is more than 10 levels higher than her.

EDIT: Guess I am slow on the uptake. Congrats!

Eek, I think I'm a little above average with 17 natural 5*'s:

Golden Spear (VI) x2
Keepsake Knife (XIII)
Thunder Blade (VI)
Zantetsuken (VI) - reward
One-Winged Angel (VII)
Blood Lance (IV)
Full Metal Staff (VII)
Judgement Staff (V)
Valiant (VIII)
Vega 42s (XIII)
Diamond Pin (VII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Genji Armor (V)
Regal Gown (VI)
Edincoat (VII)
Sanctum Gloves (XIII)
Hunter's Rod (XIII)

Also, when did the US version launch? I'm definitely not a Day One member, but I should be pretty close?

My list:

Danjuro x3
Mythgraven Blade
Zantetsuken
Zantetsuken+
Blood Lance
Blitz Blade
Diamond Sword
Soldier's Sabre
Betrayal Sword
Crystal Sword
Kaiser Knuckles
Sleipnirs Tail
Official Ball
Judgement Staff+

Genji Helm
Minotaur Plate
Regal Gown
Monk Robe
Adamant Bangle

The only money I've spent on the game is for 10p gem pulls which has gotten me a Danjuro and the Monk Robe. I have more swords than probably necessary. I want to get some good other 5* equipment but the gatcha keeps on giving me more swords. Despite all my weapons only 4 have unique soul breaks and I've had 2 for a long time.

MicH

Here are all my natural 5*:

Judgement Staff +
Danjuro
Keepsake Knife
Thunder Blade
Zantezuken (Free)
Revolver
Flame Sword
Gaia Sword
Blazefire Sabre
Butterfly Edge
Heat Lance
Hunter's Rod x3
Loxley Bow

Genji Helmet +
Geni Shield
Genji Armor
Emerald Shield
Viking Coat
Diamond Armor
Golden Armor
Minotaur Plate x2
Regal Gown x2
Gold Bangle
Gold Armlet
Sanctum Gloves x2

So 32 in total but a good amount are from paid pulls

Yesssss. We did it, FFRK-gaf!

I ended the fight with the Doom timer at 33. DEFINITELY a lucky run (aka no Pyroburst, an average number of Gunshots) but the ability adjustment helped just as much. Double Hit RM on Garnet was the MVP here because she could contribute a lot to the damage output via Ret-Cloud. I just kept Lightning rotating between Armor and Magic Break. Refreshed Magic Breakdown, Shellga, and Sentinel when Bryn was at 50%. Vivi's Focus Magic finally kicked in and his Blizzagas destroyed Bryn.

Feels good. Time to chip away at the elites backlog.

'grats! I probably should have swapped my Lightning's Double-Cut with Mental Break, since Yuna was the only one really attacking into my Cloud's Retaliate. And yeah, Focus Magic is such a great default SB.

Meier

Here are my 5 and 6* items. Looks like I've had 13 5* items via pulls and then the 1 freebie. Have not spent any money on the game yet.

6*
Judgment Staff +
Rune Axe ++

5*
One-Winged Angel
Healing Grimoire
Valiant
Danjuro
Keepsake Knife
Shark
Zantetsuken
Genji Helm
Adamant Vest
Regal Gown
Edincoat
Emerald Bracer

Platinum Dagger +
Swordbreaker +
Mesmerize Blade +
Royal Crown +
Red Jacket +
Wizard Armlet +

Main Gauche ++
Mage Masher ++
Fencing Sabre ++
Thunder Rod ++
Rune Staff ++
Shell Shield ++
Aegis Shield ++
Golden Shield +
Gold Hairpin ++
Black Cowl ++
Golden Helm ++
Diamond Vest ++
Mythril Mail ++
Luminous Robe ++
Shepherd's Bolero ++
Diamond Bangle ++

Only 12 natural 5*, not counting accessories but counting the free FF6 sword. I've been playing since day 1 and have rolled on every 100 gem pull.

I have 6 natural 5*, including the free sword, and I've been playing since day 1.

Zantetsuken
Enhancer
Shark Knife
Fujin Chakram
Genji Armor
Regal Gown

I have pulled all the 100 gems pulls available, have 180 inventory slots, and just 87 mythril still hoarded.

After reading these posts and the equivalent on reddit, I feel even more shafted.

Which I totally am, by any standard...

johnsmith

remember me
I have 6 natural 5*, including the free sword, and I've been playing since day 1.

Zantetsuken
Enhancer
Shark Knife
Fujin Chakram
Genji Armor
Royal Gown

I have pulled all the 100 gems pulls available, have 180 inventory slots, and just 87 mythril still hoarded.

After reading these posts and the equivalent on reddit, I feel even more shafted.

Which I totally am, by any standard...

Ouch, I guess it always can be worse.

Meier

To pull the all 100 gem pulls, does that mean to basically spend $1 a week? Honestly, that's not too bad if you're playing it like crazy but I just can't bring myself to do it personally.

To pull the all 100 gem pulls, does that mean to basically spend $1 a week? Honestly, that's not too bad if you're playing it like crazy but I just can't bring myself to do it personally.

$1 every 6 or 7 days, plus an extra $5 whenever there's a Soul Break Festival (every couple of months?). I play this game enough (and am financially stable enough) that I don't mind tipping the developers in this way.

Yea and you might end up with no 5* after 15 pulls just like me! I expect (yea, right!) my luck to change and pull a few at some points and bring back my stats closer to 10% like it should be. It's cheap enough and I play the game a lot so I feel that it's justifiable to spend that much.

I started during the first event (I think it was the first anyway?) where we got Sephiroth.

I've done every 100 gem pull but never any other paid pulls. My natural 5*'s are:

3x Genji Shields (IV)
Zantetsuken (VI) Free one from FoG
Enhancer (VI) Terra
Diamond Pin (VII) Red XIII
Butterfly Edge (VII)
Full Metal Staff (VII)
Gold Armlet (VII)
Valkyrie (VIII) Rinoa
Blitz Sword (VIII)
Fujin's Chakram (VIII)
2x Balamb Garden Uniform (VIII)
Minotaur Plate (VIII)
Mage Masher (IX)

So 16 natural 5*'s, three of which are character SB items. Guess I'm batting around average too. I've skipped some banners entirely though and currently have around 215 mythril. My inventory is at 150 for items and 105 for abilities. I've also burned quite a bit of mythril for stamina refreshes and a handful for earlier boss rushes/events.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I already had a rant about my luck earlier, so... I'll just ask something off topic.

How do I set up my party for the FF13 boss rush? I assume I can avantalate/retameta/whatever it's called through the whole thing?

B.K.

Since we're all posting gear, I have:

Danjuro (XII) x 2
Zantetsuken (VI) x 2
Blood Lance (IV)
Golden Spear (VI)
Crystal Glove (VII)
Kaiser Kunckile (XIII) x 2
Judgement Staff (V)
Diamond Hairpin (VII)

Emerald Shield (X)
Minotaur Plate (VIII)
Regal Gown (VI)
Monk Robe (X)
Black Robe (IX)

I've got quite a bit of fake 5* stuff, but that's all the natural 5*.

Realized that Celes' relic is not in the next celebration event. Does it come back later? :(
She will have a banner with
Strago
that has her first sword sometime around late October/ early November. I think that will run concurrent with a banner of her and
Setzer
which has her second sword in it.

We should start seeing multiple banners for events a few weeks before those 2 banners. Generally, there will be one banner with brand new stuff and a "catch up" banner with older relics (although sometimes new relics are in both, iirc). It is also around this time where the banners start to have 4 characters' relics in them, rather than just 2. Typically, the banners will be the two focused on characters and have 2 returning relics of others from the same game.

For example, when we get Cloud's MC2, we should see two banners:
Cloud's Organix, Barrett's first Gunarm, Tifa's Crystal Glove, Aerith's Ribbon.
Cloud's Hardedge, Cloud's Buster Sword, Red's first Pin, Aerith's first Rod.

Falk

that puzzling face

Yeowch!

Well, look on the bright side, you have more 5* armor than me.

image.php

So 16 natural 5*'s, three of which are character SB items. Guess I'm batting around average too. I've skipped some banners entirely though and currently have around 215 mythril. My inventory is at 150 for items and 105 for abilities. I've also burned quite a bit of mythril for stamina refreshes and a handful for earlier boss rushes/events.
That's way higher than average. A lot of you here have been very fortunate I'd say.

My turn, I guess. I've been playing since the first Cecil event and I think my overall luck has been great. My only "problem" is I am kind of sword heavy. I used to be sorely lacking in armors, having only a Balamb Uniform, but had a good set of pulls during the Edgar event that rounded out my armor pretty well... even if two of them were shields which doesn't seem like the best type. No money spent.

Gaia Blade (FF2)
Dark Sword (FF4 - Dark Cecil)
Heavy Lance (FF5)
Judgement Staff (FF5)
Rising Sun (FF6 - Locke)
Thunder Blade (FF6)
Zantetsuken (FF6)
Crystal Glove (FF7 - Tifa)
Official Ball (FF10 - Wakka)

Genji Shield (FF4)
Genji Hel (FF5)
Golden Shield (FF6)
Mystery Veil (FF6)
Regal Gown (FF6)
Balamb Garden Uniform (FF8)

Gauntlets (FF4)

I think that's it. I've also got a few good 4++ items like Hypno Crown and Gravity Rod. If I had a genie to grant one wish it'd be a dagger, because it would cover all of the characters with rare weapon types like guns and whips and katanas and what not.

My inventory is like 240 but I keep one of everything because I like to collect shit.

Mastered the whole event so far. Don't think I would have been able to do demon wall the way I did it if I didn't have a butterfly edge. That was a really lucky pull. I did it without sentinel grimoire. Bad idea btw.

Anko

I suppose my luck for FFRK has been a lot better than my other Gacha game *coughCCcough*
I haven't been all that active on FFRK and have not been fully clearing the events. I even missed the Tifa crystal...
But I think my pulls have been quite okay so far.

For the FF13 banner on 3 x 11 pulls...
Weapons (2):
Vega (FF13, Sazh SB)
Keepsake Knife (FF13, Veil of Protection)

Armour (3):
Adamant Vest (FF9)
Sanctum Gloves (FF13, Power Sigil)

And the rest so far...
Weapons (7):
Danjuro (FF12)
Zantetsuken (FF6, freebie)
Diamond Sword (FF9)
Butterfly Edge (FF7)
Fujin's Chakram (FF8, Cyclone)
Valiant (FF8, Irvine SB)
Diamond Pin (FF7, Red XIII SB)

Armour (5):
Genji Helm (FF5)
Minotaur Plate (FF8, Veil of Annulment)
Regal Gown (FF6)
Gold Bangle (FF13)
Emerald Bracer (FF10, Veil of Annulment)

That brings my total natural 5* equipment to 16, 3 of which are SB relics, if we don't count the freebie. It seems I have better luck with the second featured SB weapon as opposed to the main one. Ask for OWA, get pin. Ask for Blazefire, get Vega. Ask for Squall's Gunblade, get Valiant. I like the Chakram. It's lovely on Rinoa.

The elite Sandworm is annoying as shit to get master on. Urgh!

My summoner dropped its' RM2 while doing the dungeons though so that's nice. It's pretty amazing for clearing trash rounds. One quake and two summons does wonders. The only thing that sucks is that your summoner is worthless once you get to the boss unless you're running a retaliator.

That's way higher than average. A lot of you here have been very fortunate I'd say.

But, but, but....I wanted Blazefire so bad! T_T

But, but, but....I wanted Blazefire so bad! T_T
I'm pretty sure you're one of the luckiest RK player on GAF. A lot of people are scraping by with much less. With you're luck, you'll get three Blazefires during the next SB celebration.

I'm happy for all y'all that are getting such awesome pulls, I just think it's weird that it's being assumed to be a normal state of affairs, because it certainly isn't for many. Most of the people that haven't been so fortunate most likely wouldn't be so forthcoming with that information, so it's a bit skewed I think.

I'm pretty sure you're one of the luckiest RK player on GAF.
After seeing all of the recent list posts, I'm kinda curious what Wazzy's list looks like. Anytime Wazzy would post about pulls in a mobile game I'm playing I'd think "Damn, the Gatcha Gods must love this person". :p

After seeing all of the recent list posts, I'm kinda curious what Wazzy's list looks like. Anytime Wazzy would post about pulls in a mobile game I'm playing I'd think "Damn, the Gatcha Gods must love this person". :p
I'm always happy to hear about her awesome pulls. (Hi Wazzy! :D)

She's on the eternal quest for Gunblades. I hope the next FFVIII banners treat her well.

Falk

that puzzling face
HOW ABOUT DAT MAGE META

Decided to use Beatrix @ Cleyra Cathedral as a punching bag test subject

2nd fight, made some tweaks since she has slightly higher RES and HP. (Also realized I don't need Shellga)

DEJA VU!

Probably would have been better served with Faith or Diaga instead of Diara, but oh well!

Also featured: Easiest trash ever.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, Garnet was rocking Hunter's Rod with Cetra RM (+Holy damage) because I figured I wanted Phoenix to hit for 9999. I think I'd have gotten more damage out of her giving her the Judgement Staff and then using Eidolon's Bond (+Summon damage) instead.

(Or just replace Diara with Faith to make Rydia/Vivi hit harder)

edit: Now that I think about it:

- Vivi with Quake/-ja, BM RM2
- Rydia with Comet/-ja, Devotion
- Garnet with Valefor/Ramuh, Summoner RM2

- Get rid of Diara

Would have been even more damage, and even easier time with trash. (Quake/Summon/Summon each battle RIP 3 waves)

TIL falk is bad @ mage meta

I guess when Terra gets her memory crystal you could use Terra/Quistis sharing Breakdown duty instead of Support 5* guy and essentially have even more damage. You'd need a shit ton of MAG weapons though. (And Quistis' stats kinda suck so she'd definitely need Devotion)

Falk

that puzzling face
Waiting till I need it I guess.

-ja spells are in this really weird place where most of the time on elemental bosses, the -ga with decent weapon will already hit 9999 with debuffs, so you'd load up on -ga for more uses. Hence the main use from -ja spells at this point actually comes from non-vulnerability damage. Which means that Waterja is your best friend since few mobs resist/absorb water, and the 4* load is split between Fire and Ice orbs, and for whatever reason Waterga/Waterja have a shorter cast time. I guess that'll change if/when Break Damage Limit comes about, or when we start seeing bosses with absurd RES. (Omega Weapon doesn't really count because of Reflect)

Nohar

Regarding my "true" 5* list, I'll copy/paste what I wrote on Reddit:

12 natural 5* and 5 SB: 3 shared, 2 unique.
Shared SB: Gladius x2 (FFXII), Kaiser Shield (FFXII).
Character: Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire, Vanille's Binding Rod.
I started playing during the first Aerith's Event.
5* list includes:
  • 5* Zantetsuken
  • 5* Blitz Sword
  • 5*++ Genji Shield
  • 5* Kaiser Shield
  • 5* Emerald Shield
  • Two 5* Gladius
  • 5* Judgement Staff
  • 5* Binding Rod
  • 5* Sentinel Grimoire
Yup, I am very, very sick of shields, and I'd love better armors now.

List Wars pulled stuff only (no freebies or fakes):
Danjuro, Mage masher, Diamond Sword, Sun Sword, Blazefire Saber, White Robe
Start time: Tidus. Missed: Balthier.
I don't know how many 11 pulls. I'm thinking it might even be as low as four (I am sitting on 250 mythril because I'm a hopeless hoarder) as I got the 3 FFIX items from a single 11 pull (so very good to me even if I didn't get the staff or rod I wanted and the other 8 items were 3*). Having strong swords in 5 relms (plus a dagger for a 6th) might be why I find retaliate satisfying.

How do I set up my party for the FF13 boss rush? I assume I can avantalate/retameta/whatever it's called through the whole thing?
If you want to eat a mythril, you could do that on all four rounds.

Personally I didn't and my two charges of Advance went on Interceptor and Odin. Dreadnought can just be paralyzed into doing nothing (provided you keep it up), blind can also work as that triggers steam cleaning (worth noting both status are very useful in the Aerith event) and Anima isn't too bad once you take down one arm, power break the other and just start getting retaliate hits off the main body. Do remember to use wind on the interceptor.

I don't think many found magic to be too useful here though things would vary if retaliate was not being rolled out.

Disclaimer: I ran with White mage RM2 (so no worries of running out of protectaga), a level 65 cloud with Blazefire saber as retaliator which affect my experiences.

Anko

But I think my pulls have been quite okay so far.

For the FF13 banner on 3 x 11 pulls...
Weapons (2):
Vega (FF13, Sazh SB)
Keepsake Knife (FF13, Veil of Protection)

Armour (3):
Adamant Vest (FF9)
Sanctum Gloves (FF13, Power Sigil)

And the rest so far...
Weapons (7):
Danjuro (FF12)
Zantetsuken (FF6, freebie)
Diamond Sword (FF9)
Butterfly Edge (FF7)
Fujin's Chakram (FF8, Cyclone)
Valiant (FF8, Irvine SB)
Diamond Pin (FF7, Red XIII SB)

Armour (5):
Genji Helm (FF5)
Minotaur Plate (FF8, Veil of Annulment)
Regal Gown (FF6)
Gold Bangle (FF13)
Emerald Bracer (FF10, Veil of Annulment)

So much for all that. My android phone died, and with that, so did my FFRK. Goodbye... my sweet digital relics. Thank goodness I did not spend on anything more than 200 gems. I doubt I will be picking this back up on my next/spare phone.

So much for all that. My android phone died, and with that, so did my FFRK. Goodbye... my sweet digital relics. Thank goodness I did not spend on anything more than 200 gems. I doubt I will be picking this back up on my next/spare phone.

Are you not using your Google account? My Record Keeper stuff follows me between my phone and the emulator on my laptop.

I'm pretty sure you're one of the luckiest RK player on GAF. A lot of people are scraping by with much less. With you're luck, you'll get three Blazefires during the next SB celebration.

Now I feel bad lol.

Or you have Valefor and Ramuh at r3. 6 turns is plenty on a boss, especially if you foist off RW duties on him.

I think I've made a terrible mistake.

Damn, those hones! I need to get my grind on.

And I also had no idea about Wazzy lol.

forgrim

Been playing since start and I have I believe around 10 natural 5s with one character specific sb (rinoa). Need mc break pleaaaase

LucaMac

Been playing since launch. No paid pulls.

Zantetuzken+ VI
Ice Whip IV
Blazefire Sabre XIII
Golden Spear++ VI
Danjaro XII

Genji Shield+ IV
Gold Bangle+ XIII
Genji Helm V

So 13 natural 5 stars before combining. I regret combining the Gold Bangle. No shared soulbreaks unfortunately. I wouldn't consider myself either too lucky or unlucky. It seems to be rather balanced overall.

Red Mage

Natural 5's: 14 (only two Character-specific SBs)
4+:8
3++:18
4++: 1
Natural 4's: 19

I've only done a couple of paid pulls (3 Draws), and those resulted in 3's.

Wait, are we supposed to count accessories? 'Cause I have like 3 or 4 more if we do.

In case anyone doubted the in-game warning not to abuse the invite system:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3hljob/surprised_no_ones_talking_about_the_friend_invite/ said:
3 people in a kik chat im in for this game have been banned on the global server using the blue stacks method, took them less than 6 hours to catch them.
I've had 2 friends banned for exploiting this system so far
The most tragic thing is that the invite system is kinda bad as well (20 mythril max which is like 4 pulls).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom