• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mwhahahahha

I've actually posted my items before but I'll write them all out instead.

Rare relics:
Valkyrie 5*(maxed) VIII
Valiant 6*(maxed) VIII
Betrayal Sword 7*(maxed) VIII
Betrayal Sword 5* x 2 VIII
Genji Shield 6* (maxed) V
Genji Shield 5* x 2 V
Kaiser Knuckles x 3 XIII
Morning Star 5* (maxed) VIII
Fujin's Chakram 5*(maxed) VIII
Genji Helm 5* x 2 (maxed) V
Balamb Garden Uniform 6*(maxed) VIII
Balamb Garden Uniform 5*(maxed) VIII
Raijin's Vest 5* (maxed) VIII
Genji Armour 5* x2 V
Minotaur Plate 5*(maxed) VIII
Regal Gown 5* (maxed) VI
Gold Bangle 5* x 2(1 maxed) XIII
Gold Armlet 5*(maxed) VII
Emerald Bracer 5*(maxed) X
Diamond Pin 5*(maxed) VII
Blitz Sword 7*(maxed) VIII
Blitz Sword 5*(maxed) VIII
Judgement Staff 6*(maxed) V
Zantetsuken 5* (maxed)

Fake 5* and +:
Mesmerize blade 5*
Trident 6*
Ten-gallon Hat 6*
Galdius 5*

and a bunch others I don't care much about lol

I sure am! (hi gorl <3) and I'm also trying to get every VIII item I can. :D

I only stole the VIII 5* relics. D:
I feel like since we're friends, I can be cool and popular like you in RK via osmosis. I'm luck adjacent.

That means something, right??

FireVoa

That's 37 natural 5* and you did ONE 11 paid pull? Get out of here! :p

Let's say you spent 600 mythrils all in 11 pulls, that's 132 items. 37 5* is about 28% of your pulls being a 5*... Let's bring it down to 26% with your paid pull and 100 gems, that's still close to 3 times the average...

Haha seriously? OK I have nothing to complain about the when it comes to my pulls then. I did only 1 paid 11 pull so the fact I'm averaging 3 a pull is awesome. But i really thought that most people had about the same or slightly less... I feel like Wazzy now hehe.

The majority of RK GAF seems to be RNG blessed. And that's awesome. Some of us lowly plebs aren't as 5* rich though, so please think of us while you dive into your vaults of SB gear.

Though I've been sailing through every event with almost no issues and my gear is pretty lame so I'm doing alright. It can be done my fellow peasants!

Falk

that puzzling face
The majority of RK GAF seems to be RNG blessed. And that's awesome. Some of us lowly plebs aren't as 5* rich though, so please think of us while you dive into your vaults of SB gear.

Honestly I'd be more inclined to believe it's more of undeclared* (or conveniently forgotten because drunk, etc) paid pulls and less of amazing luck. Not in all cases, but when half the people in here are all "me too I have 16 relics loool!" when the mathematical average is 13, notwitstanding current Mythril stash, you gotta wonder :p

* We need FFRK IRS on the case!

How many 5* wind orbs does it take to get Valefor to R3?

5. 2 to r2, 3 to r3.

p.s. if you need just one more, Beatrix in Alexandria Castle has one for a Mastery reward.

Falk

that puzzling face
Did Turks with 3 different configurations. Some notes:

- You want Blind on Reno ASAP. Confusion/Pyramid sucks and Blind takes him out of the picture more than half the time.
- You want Slow up on Rude ASAP. Reno as well, but Rude is priority.
- Mitigation is far better than Breaks for this. Breaks are near worthless because:
- - Break resist cuts effectiveness by half
- - The fact that landing a Break on one of two enemies means (esp. Power) effectiveness per action is cut by half again
- - Exception to this is maybe Magic Break/Breakdown on Rude because Fira HURTS and 25% less of that is worth it. Also if you're 100% physical or 100% magical relevant Break on Rude to finish him faster.

Other than the exceptions w.r.t. above you're better off cramming more DPS/DPA in, or debuffs. You want Slow/Blind/Protectga/Shellga castable on the first turn so put them on different people. (Shellga or Protectga can be from RW)

Alternative to Boon/Lunatic High, another good RW is Shadow Flare (Sephiroth) because of Blind application. If you're caster heavy, consider Mirage Dive (Locke) for AOE slow and full damage (~6k) from back row. All four of these RW choices either help apply debuffs directly, or indirectly since haste = more turns. Sentinel Grimoire is an option if you're confident of applying debuffs, or don't mind savescumming a lot. (This fight really isn't so much mitigation as it is dealing with Reno's BS fast by blinding him, because Pyramid and the confusion attack basically messes with 2/5ths of your available actions)

Even more alternatively, if you're feeling like sudden death you could always go back to Advance/Ret or Taunt/Ret and pray your debuffs land. I haven't tried this so I have no idea what happens if Pyramid hits your ret guy.

Unfortunately this fight seems a lot more savescum heavy to start off like all fights where applying debuffs are key. Still much easier than Brynhildr and Proudclad/Schizo though.

Some napkin stats:
- Reno/Rude have ~125kish HP each. (Ballpark, this is just going off how much damage I did rather than datamining)
- Cloud with a Buster Sword hits for ~3k, 4.5k Bladeblitz (without Boost/Advance)
- Garnet with Eidolon's Bond (+Summon Damage) and a non-RS 5* rod hits for just over 9k with Valefor
- Vivi with Devotion (MAG up, less DEF/RES) and a non-RS 5* rod hits for ~5.5k with Quake (disappointing) and ~8.5k with -aja.

Wazzy

Banned
I feel like since we're friends, I can be cool and popular like you in RK via osmosis. I'm luck adjacent.

That means something, right??
I bless thee with my luck!
Honestly I'd be more inclined to believe it's more of undeclared* (or conveniently forgotten because drunk, etc) paid pulls and less of amazing luck. Not in all cases, but when half the people in here are all "me too I have 16 relics loool!" when the mathematical average is 13, notwitstanding current Mythril stash, you gotta wonder :p
Surprisingly most of my pulls have been from Mythril I've gathered BUT I'm obviously open about the fact I've done paid pulls and I've definitely gotten 5*'s from it.

IIRC the ones I got from non-paid were:
Valkyrie(y'all remember this pull)
Valiant x2 (got with Squall mythril dump)
Blitz sword x2(from Rinoa and Squall banners)
Balamb garden uni x2(from Rinoa and Squall banner)
Minotaur plate(Squall dump)
Betrayal sword all of them(Squall dump)
Fujin's Chakrim(Squall dump)
Most of the Genji armour
All the XIII gloves(I remember getting these when I was using all my Mythril for Squalls Gunblade)

While my paid pulls netted me:
Diamond Pin(only did one paid pull on the banner and got this)
Raijins Vest(I think only one paid 3 pull got me this)
Morning Star(also a lucky one paid 11 pull from the Selphie banner)
A couple of 4*s that made my fake 5*s
Emerald Bracer(I might have done two when I got this)
Balamb Garden Uniform

And a lot of my less than 5* equipment is a mix from all the pulls. Some 5* like the judgement staff I don't remember if I got from paid or not.

None of my 5* items come from 100 gem pulls. :(

I remember I did a couple paid pulls after using all my mythril to get Squall's Gunblade and I only got a bunch of 3 and 4 * items lol

5. 2 to r2, 3 to r3.

p.s. if you need just one more, Beatrix in Alexandria Castle has one for a Mastery reward.

Hmm...I have 5 now (6 once I beat Beatrix) but I like how shiny they look in my inventory! It would be nice to have a summoner that's more than a 2 pump chump though...

Nohar

Reno/Rude is a ridiculous fight. Like Falk mentioned, you are stuck with save scumming the beginning of the battle until you manage to land all of your mitigation effects (otherwise you can kiss those Damage taken medals bye-bye as soon as Rude uses Fira). I decided to say "Screw this!" and just be fine with the non-mastery reward.

You know what they need to do with that game? Revamp the medals system. The Damage taken part: because of it, having good healers doesn't mean anything, since mitigation is more important, and even with good mitigation it is almost impossible to avoid losing at least one medal. The Actions Taken part: even if you play well, it doesn't mean anything, since the game arbitrarily decided that if you spent too much turns on a fight, you will lose medals! And quite often it means that you need better equipment to actually be able to deal enough damages to beat that (not to mention be able to mitigate at least some damages thanks to good equipment). But, hey, one more reminder that this game has an unfair gacha system and that it wants our money!

I'll maybe retry the fight once, but that's it. I don't have any good FFVII weapon (unlike FFXIII in which I had Vanille's Rod), Boost+Retaliate+Armor Break isn't enough to burn through these guys' HP before losing two medals for Action Taken. I don't see how it is possible to not lose 2 medals for Damage taken unless one is very lucky not only at the beginning of the fight, but throughout all the fight as well.

And that stupid Reno bastard just kept using his Pyramid on my Retaliator, and it landed nearly always, even when blinded! And, of course, it means that your Retaliate buff is canceled (along with other buffs? Didn't check for that, but I remember being surprised seeing Shell off).

Truly fucking ridiculous.

LucaMac

Ran out of abilities when I got to Demon Wall. Nearly got him without any retaliate and vivi with just two jas. Fled and tried again so vivi would have two more casts thanks to BM RM, even closer. Just fled again so Vivis magic should be pretty much full. No retaliate means I still have to defend and wait for Vivis turn while my mitigation runs down but with all my magic back for vivi and Aeris it shouldn't be a problem. Fleeing and using 40 extra stamina is still better than using a mythril. Being a coward is great craic.

Boss Rush and Turks mastered.

Pyramid is freakin' cheap. It erases all buffs, ignores blind and taunt, and seems to have a really high usage rate. Unfair tactics IMO.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pyramid is actually 30% use rate.

Turks are now farm status but good God savescumming every single repetition for good debuff starts is absurd.

Not sure what the 3* and 4* summon orb rates are (or if they even drop any lol) since they haven't dropped anything in 5 attempts.

Falk

that puzzling face
he only has 100 stam what a noob ahahahaha

edit: Wait, goes into FFIV realm, fights Gilgamesh

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON

edit2: In a week? That's pretty soon!*

image.php

Razmos

edit: Wait, goes into FFIV realm, fights Gilgamesh

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON]
He doesn't go into the FFIV realm, he taps on the button at the top (there are 2 options, realm view and.. progression view? or something, which basically gives you a linear path of dungeons to follow) and he chooses a FFV dungeon from there.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeh, not bothering to farm Reno/Rude. Blue Dragon at least dropped 3* summon half the time, and then 4* summon once in a while. I've gotten zero drops out of 7 kills so far. Unless FFRKI data eventually shows I've been having a shitty streak, stamina seems to be better used elsewhere.

kenji

so with the game becoming harder the more I progress, I decided to improve my setup with the help of sinergy, but since I rarely changed characters most of them are at level 1

any tips on better ways to leveling characters? it's just about choosing 5 characters, give the best equip and go full force on sunday's exp event?

so with the game becoming harder the more I progress, I decided to improve my setup with the help of sinergy, but since I rarely changed characters most of them are at level 1

any tips on better ways to leveling characters? it's just about choosing 5 characters, give the best equip and go full force on sunday's exp event?
Depends on how many eggs you have and what your hoard is but I like to egg to around 30 or allowing them to take a hit (unless they're core, those guys can be hopeless). Then it is a matter of who to level. Ones you have MC for generally take priority over ones you can get MC for (from doing a dungeon), may be too early for you to think about MC coming soon. After that the order is what RMs are important. In other words ASAP White Mage and Black Mage as their RM2 are insanely useful and fixed drops.

I tend to priortise getting mage characters up to 50 as being able to equip RM helps them a lot.

No matter what difficulty you do on Sunday aim for doing full runs as various levels of growth eggs are a completion bonus for each time you do the daily (I wish the other dailies would do this rather than be gil). The heroic dungeon gives 3 growth eggs so effectively 30k extra EXP just for doing all three stages. This makes the advice of spam RW and retreat after one stage hard to recommend.

In terms of EXP do note 1-40 is about the same as 40-50.

I would always bring a full party as it makes it harder to lose damage medals asnd you really don't want to get non-champion rank when doing these (as that can be up to 35k EXP lost per battle)

MicH

I was hoping Leg Shot had a decent chance to inflict flow. 6 uses later and nothing. Should've brought another WM with Slowga :/

LucaMac

Dammit. My blind never landed on Reno but I managed to finish the fight. Surprisingly managed to lose only one damage medal but lost two turn ones. I was hasted at all times so not sure what to try instead. Might swap quake in for one of my -jas, Rude won't go down as quick but it will be more damage over all on the two of them.

Edit: Honed shiva to put in three of those instead of two 4* summons. Going to have another go at them now. Hopefully the turns thing was marginal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dammit. My blind never landed on Reno but I managed to finish the fight. Surprisingly managed to lose only one damage medal but lost two turn ones. I was hadted at all times so not sure what to try instead. Might swap quake in for one of my jas, Rude won't go down as quick but it will be more damage over all on the two of them.

Isn't that -3 medals for mastery?

Any tips for this Turks fight? My team is getting absolutely stomped.

Best to post current team so we got a ballpark estimate of where you're at.

LucaMac

Isn't that -3 medals for mastery?

Is it? I should manage it no bother this time then. Reno ko'd Aeris just before I stomped him so I lost more than three but I assumed it was only losing two for mastery so was trying to organise the team to deal with losing one for turns. Losing three should be grand.

MicH

Haha, yeah I'm not gonna bring Leg Shot for that. I might go double WHM for Curaga, Protectga, Shellga and Slowga + Sentinel's Grimoire. I'm just worried about my damage output being enough

Cloud And Sephiroth do have over 360 attack though

I'm in kind of a weird spot right now.. I've finished all the classic dungeons, worked my way through the elite dungeons up to the ones in the 80s/90s, but I'm kind of hitting a wall in terms of making progress. Of the elite dungeons I have access to, I either can't beat them at all or can complete them but not close to mastery.

I have Cloud at 63 but past that, my next highest character is 57 and I have around a dozen characters in the low- to mid- 50s range. I've been trying to build a well-rounded roster with the idea that equipment and realm synergy made a bigger difference than levels-- but now I'm wondering if I've spread my leveling out too thin.

Up to now I haven't had too much trouble making progress-- between classic dungeons in different realms, elites, and whatever event was running, I could always find something that I could steamroll.

Do I need to just pick a handful of characters and grind them up so I can start fielding a whole team of 60s instead of Cloud being 10 levels above everyone else?

Falk

that puzzling face
Even though levels contribute, RS trumps in terms of power gain. What do your abilities and hones look like?

MicH

Fuck that EX++. I completed it with Sephiroth and Tifa dead. Not gonna try mastering it, because that fight is bullshit. Those pyramids are stupid

Mastered the Turks on the second try. First try was hit with pyramid way too many times so decided to bring in slowaga and dark buster and things went much better. Got a greater earth orb. Not worth the hassle to farm these there. I think I ll hone slowaga for the next rush or elites, 4 uses wasn't enough with two bosses. Used boom as the rw and sephiroth as retaliator. A boring way to handle them, but it worked I guess. One of these days will hone valefor to r3 and do a quake valefor bladeblitz all aoe all the time fight, but not for these Turks.

Now to spend these greater holy orbs. Do I hone diaga to r3? Do I hone curaja to r4 and diaga to r2? Do I hone carbuncle to r2(hah-nope)

Have any of the bosses in the rush or challenge elites dropped greater holys? Those are my priority farm once I get a few lesser holys to hone Kirin to 4 once we get some more lesser summon orbs with the eiko event.

Even though levels contribute, RS trumps in terms of power gain. What do your abilities and hones look like?

Of the Breakdowns I only have Power; I could craft at least one more, but I get nervous that I'll spend my orbs on the "wrong one," and not have enough for the one I really need, so I end up crafting nothing. :p I have Protectga and Shellga, both R1. My attack staples are the second-level spellblades, all R3, Double Cut R3, Launch R3, Pound R1, and all of the -aga spells at at least R3. The only fourth-level elemental spell I've crafted is Thundaja.

I've seen the Retaliate strategy mentioned a lot but I haven't really tried it myself, I think I have the necessary abilities, I know I have Boost and Retaliate at least. I just haven't really bothered to try it out yet. The basic idea is you have Cloud or Sephiroth Retaliate, then you have your weaker characters use Double Cut on them, and it translates into Cloud Double Cutting the enemies? So basically your mages or whoever are borrowing Cloud's stats? That's the idea right?

Balphon

I found the Turks fight par for the course as far as EX++ fights go with a straightforward strategy. Certainly easier to master than Brynhildr and Schizo.

I brought a Locke RW that helped a fair bit. A mitigation RW seemed like a waste since you'll probably lose 2 damage medals no matter what.

In other news, it was also the 3rd straight EX fight I brought Gordon along for. Let's keep the streak alive.

Of the Breakdowns I only have Power; I could craft at least one more, but I get nervous that I'll spend my orbs on the "wrong one," and not have enough for the one I really need, so I end up crafting nothing. :p I have Protectga and Shellga, both R1. My attack staples are the second-level spellblades, all R3, Double Cut R3, Launch R3, Pound R1, and all of the -aga spells at at least R3. The only fourth-level elemental spell I've crafted is Thundaja.

I've seen the Retaliate strategy mentioned a lot but I haven't really tried it myself, I think I have the necessary abilities, I know I have Boost and Retaliate at least. I just haven't really bothered to try it out yet. The basic idea is you have Cloud or Sephiroth Retaliate, then you have your weaker characters use Double Cut on them, and it translates into Cloud Double Cutting the enemies? So basically your mages or whoever are borrowing Cloud's stats? That's the idea right?

Yep that is retaliate. Refresh it every other turn to be safe. Add in a boost and/advance or Cecil's taunt rw for maximum effectiveness. Give the Josef rm2 double hit to a Mage to let them get in on the party.

Re breakdowns: I would save orbs to create and hone to r2. id choose an r3 break over an r1 breakdown every time. I have mine at r2 but have been toying with taking power and magic to r3. The damage motivations are the most useful I've found. Ranking I would out the. Power magic armor mental in terms of usefulness for me personally,

broz0rs

I'm starting to realize that the RWs I should have on my friends list should be mostly support soul breaks, such as Sentinel (Cecil), Haste/Shell (Sazh), and Advance (Luneth). Is that how it is for you guys?

I made the mistake of accepting mostly single target damage-based RW and I have the painful task of unfollowing a bunch. The problem is that I play on iOS iPad and it lags terribly on the friends list, and crashes when I unfollow.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm starting to realize that the RWs I should have on my friends list should be mostly support soul breaks, such as Sentinel (Cecil), Haste/Shell (Sazh), and Advance (Luneth). Is that how it is for you guys?

I made the mistake of accepting mostly single target damage-based RW and I have the painful task of unfollowing a bunch. The problem is that I play on iOS iPad and it lags terribly on the friends list, and crashes when I unfollow.

I've had situations where after I finish the dungeon and used the RW, it asks if I want to follow/friend the person whose RW I used. Not sure how that relationship works

broz0rs

I've had situations where after I finish the dungeon and used the RW, it asks if I want to follow/friend the person whose RW I used. Not sure how that relationship works

That's the problem. I kept following people and when it got to around 70 I said to myself "this is really stupid" because I ended up hardly seeing the RW that I really wanted to use. I think I want to get it down to thirty or so.

Yeah, it is a pain. Once I realized that I culled about 25 friends, I need to do more. I won't if they are mutual and on here, if I remember, because if I did they would lose my rw as well since I'm at 100 followers with sazhs boon.

I will say that my income with sazh is way way down compared to sephiroth with hells gate, but the Gil is so minor to begin with, it doesn't matter much at all.

For the tough bosses, a hasteaga sentinel or advance is the way to go, not the damage attacks usually. So I figure that the dailies and what not I can just pull whaterver terra or rinoa off the slag heap to help out for a round or two.

Falk

that puzzling face
The non-elementals rake in money on Sunday and Tuesdays because they bulldoze XP and Black/Power dailies. Sephiroth's 2 RWs, Mirage Dive and Deprotega especially. The latter two are usable from back row too. edit: And Maser Eye

You might wanna try posting your Sazh or Luneth friend code on the official wiki if you're not particular about people knowing it. Those guys definitely cycle through 100 (or more accurately 100 - <the number of follows they have>) every couple of days because that's how often I need to re-add the Luneths.

Falk

that puzzling face
Prior to these two sets of dungeons, Greater Holy Orb was trailing far behind the others for Elite dungeon farming (it was ~250/orb on average vs ~80 for most of the other flavors). Right now Burmecia brings it much closer, although Lost Number may be a safer bet. Hard to tell with the current sample size.

Considering that this event also rewards Diaga, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deliberate bone thrown for stocking up on Greater Holy Orbs.

Vorpal

- You want Blind on Reno ASAP. Confusion/Pyramid sucks and Blind takes him out of the picture more than half the time.

Man, Blind does not seem like a reliable safeguard against Pyramid whatsoever. I just mastered EX++ after about 10 tries, blinding Reno each time, and I'm honestly not sure that I ever saw Pyramid miss. RNG, of course, but in retrospect I would have probably just had my Dark Buster attacker feed the ret-bot so to take down Rude a little faster.

And yeah, Pyramid definitely erases Advance RW and Retaliate.

My two cents: If anyone else takes the Advantaliate route for EX++, it really helps to burn down Rude as fast as possible. Ideally within one application of Slow. Reno's damage output is nothing compared to Fira, so the battle is waaaaay more manageable when he's alone.

Falk

that puzzling face
Probably should have phrased that better. Blind makes his other two abilities miss, so instead of Pyramid/Confusion 70% cumulative of the time, it's Pyramid 30% of the time. Pyramid, as far as I can tell, is an ability that is neither affected by hit chance, nor reflectable.

edit: man reflectable Pyramid would be so hilarious. Alas, was not meant to be!

Vorpal

Okay, that makes waaaaaaay more sense. It's helpful to avoid Neo Turk Shot and regular attacks too, I guess, but I'm still going to hold a grudge against blind for not doing the impossible thing I expected it to do

Prior to these two sets of dungeons, Greater Holy Orb was trailing far behind the others for Elite dungeon farming (it was ~250/orb on average vs ~80 for most of the other flavors). Right now Burmecia brings it much closer, although Lost Number may be a safer bet. Hard to tell with the current sample size.

Considering that this event also rewards Diaga, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deliberate bone thrown for stocking up on Greater Holy Orbs.

Maybe so.

Six runs, or one full stam bar, and I got one greater holy one regular dark orb one large Adamantite,

So not bad. Considering there is nothing for me to do between now and exp day and this is so easy, will run nonstop, hell, may even drop 5 mythril on it.

So I went ahead and honed curaja from r3 to r4 and diaga to r2. I need 11 more ghos to hone diaga to 40r3 which will,be my goal. If I can get halfway there before Sunday, will be pleased.

Off the top of my head my deck of 31 is something like:
2*Seal Evil (before I had Aerith myself this was useful), 1*Runic, 1*Sentinel, 4*Sentinel Grimoire, 7*Boon/Lunatic (need to cull), 4*Advance (was 5 but one of them became Cyan...like why would you do that, four is plenty), 5*Status Reels,/Whip Kick, 2*Mirage Drive, 3*Shadow Flare, 1*Angel Wing Bolt, 1*Trance Fira, 1*Shiva.
That can do with some cutting down as aside from advance the rest are rarely used more than twice a day.

Sorry about your glitch but if smaller decks are more useful as you can use each more often (important for keeping yourself on thier list, especially for things like advance and currently boon) and have a higher chance having what you want on top.

Some people like to do something like say an event or dungeon where Angel Wing Bolt is useful is coming up. They will add a whole load of those people them remove once they're done with that content.

There are 10 RW you can choose before a dungeon. Up to 7 come from the list you are following/friending but you can only summon those once a day (day resets same time as daily draw) while the rest are random players.

If you want to ensure always* having certain RW available then it is a good idea to follow. But don't go mad following because you need to be realistic about how many times will you need it in a given day.

*-(or at least after a shuffle of this deck via Fabul Castle classic spend 1 stamina choose no RW then retreat)

Via your profile you can see who is following you and follow them back if you like their RW. This will make you mutual followers which makes it much harder to be removed from each others lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom