• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
In case anyone doubted the in-game warning not to abuse the invite system:

The most tragic thing is that the invite system is kinda bad as well (20 mythril max which is like 4 pulls).

I mean if it's any indicator of their accounts system/service wisening up, that can only be a good thing, right?

Seriously this game needs a proper login system. I don't feel safe.

dantehemi

This is becoming ridiculous!! How do I beat Anima on the Lightning event? How do you use this "retaliate" strategy? I've been trying for 2 days now to beat this boss and it's not like I'm under leveled, I'm going in with a party of 50-57 level members. I really need to beat this thing today so any help would be great!

Red Mage

This is becoming ridiculous!! How do I beat Anima on the Lightning event? How do you use this "retaliate" strategy? I've been trying for 2 days now to beat this boss and it's not like I'm under leveled, I'm going in with a party of 50-57 level members. I really need to beat this thing today so any help would be great!

1st Round: Guy with Retaliate uses Retaliate, someone uses Boost. Someone uses Armor Break on the first Gear-thingy. If you have it, uses Protectga/Shellga.
2nd Round: Guy with Retaliate uses Advance. Someone uses Armor Break on Anima. Everyone else attacks Retaliate person.
3rd Round+: Re-apply as needed (shouldn't take long).

1st Round: Guy with Retaliate uses Retaliate, someone uses Boost. Someone uses Armor Break on the first Gear-thingy. If you have it, uses Protectga/Shellga.
2nd Round: Guy with Retaliate uses Advance. Someone uses Armor Break on Anima. Everyone else attacks Retaliate person.

Yeah, the only thing I'd add is make sure you don't hit the second gear thing, like with blade blitz or quake, retaliate goes after lowest percentage remaining hp, so If that is damaged, your retaliator will hit that instead of anima.

LucaMac

Remember when elite Baron castle was bloody terrifying with it's mini boss rush? It's funny how trivial it is now.

All the events, quests (bar 5 star crafting) and dungeons done now. Just have to revisit Beatrix round 2 again for mastery. Any recommendations? I was missing something last time and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Remember when elite Baron castle was bloody terrifying with it's mini boss rush? It's funny how trivial it is now.

All the events, quests (bar 5 star crafting) and dungeons done now. Just have to revisit Beatrix round 2 again for mastery. Any recommendations? I was missing something last time and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yeah, it was fun taking in bagain and caignazzo, really simple now!

Good luck with Beatrix round 2, I had to run her dungeon twice to get past climhazard. I tried to be fancy with slow and all that jazz but the second time I went pure dps retaliate. The first time through I wiped out all trash wo quake and valefor without a scratch and failed to get the soul break bars close to one bar for the boss, I used sephiroth with hells gate, garnet defautl, and sazh boon so I was screwing myself by being too efficient. second time either lunatic high or advance will give you what you need, which is hard hitting or speed. I like lunatic in this situation because then garnet can carry valefor instead of protecga. Climhazard sucks, it means auto fail due to the loss of five medals. So little margin for error. Such a challenging boss that I felt the need to go flat out retaliate with two double cutters a double hit and boost with a party of full 65s And I still needed a couple reloads.

LucaMac

Yeah, it was fun taking in bagain and caignazzo, really simple now!

Good luck with Beatrix round 2, I had to run her dungeon twice to get past climhazard. I tried to be fancy with slow and all that jazz but the second time I went pure dps retaliate. The first time through I wiped out all trash wo quake and valefor without a scratch and failed to get the soul break bars close to one bar for the boss, I used sephiroth with hells gate, garnet defautl, and sazh boon so I was screwing myself by being too efficient. second time either lunatic high or advance will give you what you need, which is hard hitting or speed. I like lunatic in this situation because then garnet can carry valefor instead of protecga. Climhazard sucks, it means auto fail due to the loss of five medals. So little margin for error. Such a challenging boss that I felt the need to go flat out retaliate with two double cutters a double hit and boost with a party of full 65s And I still needed a couple reloads.

Yea the last time I ate a Climhazzard right at the end. I think I used sentinel grimore to allow for Valefor so lunatic high might be the way to go. I'd a slightly lower than normal team with me last time too. Will be level 65 Cloud, Vivi, Garnet and Rydia along for the ride. Not sure who else to bring. I might need the breakdowns so maybe Sazh or Wakka, but I've lightnings Blazefire and her soul break was taking chunks off Beatrix last time. I dunno about Rydia either. Have the ice whip so it should be a simple decision but I've only one double cut materia so I'll be missing out with retaliate. I should probably just go physical, but the next highest I have is level 55ish and she'll cut me down then. AGGGGHHH! I won't know if I've made the right decision until I'm standing in front of her again a few billion stamina later.

Well, if he followed my advice, he'd never use an AoE attack. = P

Right"! The temptation to use quake or an aoe is too strong at times, must remind not to give in!

Yea the last time I ate a Climhazzard right at the end. I think I used sentinel grimore to allow for Valefor so lunatic high might be the way to go. I'd a slightly lower than normal team with me last time too. Will be level 65 Cloud, Vivi, Garnet and Rydia along for the ride. Not sure who else to bring. I might need the breakdowns so maybe Sazh or Wakka, but I've lightnings Blazefire and her soul break was taking chunks off Beatrix last time. I dunno about Rydia either. Have the ice whip so it should be a simple decision but I've only one double cut materia so I'll be missing out with retaliate. I should probably just go physical, but the next highest I have is level 55ish and she'll cut me down then. AGGGGHHH! I won't know if I've made the right decision until I'm standing in front of her again a few billion stamina later.

Yeah, sentinel to lunatic high is probably the needed change for you. You need to move faster, not mitigate as much damge as sentinel gives you. Good luck, not a fun battle.

Falk

that puzzling face

I remember being so happy crafting Shiva to nuke Baigan, only to have the elites nerfed (barring North Mountain which was a warzone for a lot longer)

re: Beatrix, my setup was pretty nonstandard, but I just beat her face in with magic and summons (incidentally, trash is now hilariously easy because of Quake/Summon/Summon) Slow and Lunatic High means you have literally 2.5x as long to do stuff before Stock Break/Climhazard.

dantehemi

Just beat him using this method. Thanks a bunch!!

LucaMac

Absolutely mangled Beatrix this time around. Went with Wakka for power and armour breakdown in slot 5 with double cut. Only lost one medal for actions taken. SG really was overkill. Lunatic high and slowga and I'd her over half gone by the time the first slowga wore off. Dropping my black mage record materia on vivi for Devotion made a difference as he was doing 9999 with each of his 8 -jas. Probably should have done the same with Rydia as her Pheonix and Valefor were only doing 7500ish with mental break but I figured I'd use her on the trash but ended up gettig loads of those bloody fluffy killer dog bandersnatches so retaliated my way through instead. Once both of those had unloaded everything they joined Wakka and Garnet wacking Cloud upside the head until he got pissed and took it out on Beatrix. Simples.

Vorpal

Slowly working through my huge backlog of elites. You guys weren't kidding--some of these are surprisingly tough to master

You guys have so many relics...literally the only one I have is Wakka's blitzball, and I've been playing the game since day 1. I must be very unlucky, lol.

Ouch. That's rough :( Have you been hoarding a lot of mythril or spending it as you get it? Either way, kudos for clearing stuff with only one relic! Sheesh

LucaMac

Slowly working through my huge backlog of elites. You guys weren't kidding--some of these are surprisingly tough to master.

Some of them are plain nasty. That second Beatrix hits like a tank and you've to beat her within the time limit. The IV boss rush from the last update isn't all fluffy bunnies either.

Balphon

Some of them are plain nasty. That second Beatrix hits like a tank and you've to beat her within the time limit. The IV boss rush from the last update isn't all fluffy bunnies either.

Four fiends is pretty terrible since it's full of random mechanics you can't really control for. If you can get lucky with that stuff it's actually rather easy compared to some boss rushes.

LucaMac

Four fiends is pretty terrible since it's full of random mechanics you can't really control for. If you can get lucky with that stuff it's actually rather easy compared to some boss rushes.

Yea, it's all the slots that you have to fill for conditions thats the biggest problem. It really restricts what you can do. First time I did it I forgot jump and it cost me overall mastery.

FireVoa

Guess I'll chime in my 5 star natural acquisitions as well.

Zantetsuken ×2 (1 free)
Blitzsword ×3
Danjuro ×3
Golden Spear ×2
Judgment Staff ×2
Vega 42s ×2
Minotaur Plate ×2
Regal Gown ×4
Shark ×1
Flame Sword ×1
Blazefire Saber ×1
Valkyrie ×1
Hunters Rod ×1
Rising Sun ×1
Diamond Pin ×1
Mystery Veil ×1
Genji Shield ×1
Genji Armor ×1
Monk Robe ×1
Adamant Vest ×1
Balamb Garden Uniform ×1
Gold Armlet ×2
Edincoat ×1
Gold Bangle ×1
Sanctum Gloves ×1

Thats not including 4++ either which i have quite a few of too. All in all though i can't complain,missing out on OWA was a major annoyance at the time.

Reading those lists, everyone and their mom have either Blazefire or Vega... Must not use the 45 mythrils I have left on that banner, 260+ was enough... 5 hours to go!

LucaMac

Guess I'll chime in my 5 star natural acquisitions as well.

Zantetsuken ×2 (1 free)
Blitzsword ×3
Danjuro ×3
Golden Spear ×2
Judgment Staff ×2
Vega 42s ×2
Minotaur Plate ×2
Regal Gown ×4
Shark ×1
Flame Sword ×1
Blazefire Saber ×1
Valkyrie ×1
Hunters Rod ×1
Rising Sun ×1
Diamond Pin ×1
Mystery Veil ×1
Genji Shield ×1
Genji Armor ×1
Monk Robe ×1
Adamant Vest ×1
Balamb Garden Uniform ×1
Gold Armlet ×2
Edincoat ×1
Gold Bangle ×1
Sanctum Gloves ×1

Thats not including 4++ either which i have quite a few of too. All in all though i can't complain,missing out on OWA was a major annoyance at the time.

Holy mother of ****!!! Have you spent a couple of thousand by any chance? That's redonkulously above average.

5 star natural acquisition

Judgement Staff x2
Keepsake Knife
Blitz Sword
Zantetsuken**
Crystal Glove*
Kaiser Knuckle
Binding Rod*
Golden Bangle

Binding Rod and Crystal Glove I got from 100 gem pulls, Zantetsuken obviously doesn't count so overall I've gotten 6 natural 5 star weapons which I think is 6 for the 8ish 50 pulls I've done. I guess that's not too bad

yo, fuck Brynhildr. That petrify strat is too good.

Since everyone is listing their natural 5*, these are mine. Been playing since the end of the first Aerith event.

Danjuro (XII)
Behemoth Knife (Core)
Zantetsuken (VI) x 2
Butterfly Edge (VII)
Kaiser Knuckles (XIII)
Official Ball (X)

Balamb Garden Uniform (VIII)
Genji Armor (V) x 2
Regal Gown (VI) x 2

Safety Bit (X)
Gauntlets (IV)
Rose Corsage (XII)

Decent number of fake 5/6* in addition to these.

My natural 5*s, if we're doing this. Started at launch

Blitz Sword x4
Danjuro
Gladius
Buster Sword
Zantetsuken x2 (1 free)
Revolver
Gaia Blade
Betrayal Sword
Blazefire Saber
Soldier's Sabre
Kiku-ichimonji
One-Winged Angel
Hawkeye
Diamond Pin
Emerald Shield
Mystery Veil x2
Minotaur Plate

FireVoa

Holy mother of ****!!! Have you spent a couple of thousand by any chance? That's redonkulously above average.

Did a paid 11 pull and have done all the 100 gem banners so far. When I win I often get 4 at once which is great... Until I want something and RNGESUS won't hear my pleas.

Xetherion

I've been playing since pretty much day 1 (day 2 or 3, don't remember), and haven't done any paid pulls except the $1 new banner ones. I have over 150 mythril saved up and still have a bunch of classics and elites not done. I have fully mastered every event.

My natural 5* list:

Weapons

Thunder Blade
Zantesuken (free)
Blitz Sword
Masamune
Golden Spear
Kaiser Knuckle x2
Guard Stick (the only one from a $1 pull)
Ice Whip
Official Ball
Judgment Staff

Armor

Minotaur Plate
Regal Gown x2
Gold Bangle x2

So I have 16 total.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I ended up having to spend 2 mythril because I went into the Odin fight with no HP and couldn't survive the initial hit before protectga went up.

But I've come to realize that spending mythril to get the 4 star abilities is a way better use of the currency than spending it on draws. The luck of some people here notwithstanding. lol

Did a paid 11 pull and have done all the 100 gem banners so far. When I win I often get 4 at once which is great... Until I want something and RNGESUS won't hear my pleas.

That's 37 natural 5* and you did ONE 11 paid pull? Get out of here! :p

Let's say you spent 600 mythrils all in 11 pulls, that's 132 items. 37 5* is about 28% of your pulls being a 5*... Let's bring it down to 26% with your paid pull and 100 gems, that's still close to 3 times the average...

What is the petrify strat for bryn?

You have a team of Cloud, Sazh and another guy(probably Tyro).

You set up advance+retaliate and the other buff you want + exploit the ice weakness.
Then you have Sazh and the other guy cast break on themselves since being petrified doesn't count as being KO'd.
With those two petrified all the attacks will be drawn to Cloud to retaliate.
Use drain strike to keep your health topped from the magic attacks.

It's very gimmicky imo

What is the petrify strat for bryn?

Best strat I've seen is the following:

Cloud w/ Loner RM, Retaliate, Drain Strike.
Sahz w/ Blizzaga.
C3 w/ Sky Pirate's Pride RM, Break and/or Break Strike.
RW: Luneth Advance

Turn 1:
Cloud Retaliate
Sahz Blizzaga
C3 inflicts petrify on Sahz.

Turn 2:
Cloud uses RW.
C3 petrifies self.

Turn 3+:
Keep a rhythm of Retaliate/Drain Strike/Attack, reapplying Advance when it wears out.

You can keep Retaliate active over just about 3 turns if one of them is attack (and definitely if you do Retaliate - Attack - Attack), but if you're feeling uncomfortable you can simply alternate between Retaliate and Drain Strike. Goal is to get enough physical attacks to get Bryn to kill herself while Advance is active.

Bryn's attack odds, taken from Reddit's Enemy AI thread (VERY USEFUL):
30% Gunshot (PHY: 6 hits/LR - 45% Phys Dmg)
25% Valkyrian Scythe (PHY: 3 hits - 110% Phys Dmg)
25% Pyroshot (NAT: 350% Fire Magic Dmg)
10% Pyroburst (NAT: AoE - 330% Fire Magic Dmg)
10% Slash (PHY: AoE/AutoHit - 120% Phys Dmg)

So you've got 65% chance of avoiding all damage with Retaliate active, and 55% chance of doing at least 3 retaliates per action.

You have a team of Cloud, Sazh and another guy(probably Tyro).

You set up advance+retaliate and the other buff you want + exploit the ice weakness.
Then you have Sazh and the other guy cast break on themselves since being petrified doesn't count as being KO'd.
With those two petrified all the attacks will be drawn to Cloud to retaliate.
Use drain strike to keep your health topped from the magic attacks.

It's very gimmicky imo
It took a boatload of S/Ling, but I got this to work. On the first turn I had Sazh do Magic Breakdown, Vivi do Blizzaga, Cloud do Ret. Then round two was Vivi casting Break on Sazh and Cloud doing Advance. I then had Vivi cast Break on himself, leaving Cloud to alt between Ret and Drain Strike until the boss was downed.

I had to S/L anytime one of the 2 died or if the boss decided to spam magic and kill Cloud before I could do another Drain Strike.

So what is the chance of getting break to work on the FF1 Tiamat battle? The game suggests it and I made it partially because of the game and partially because of the above strat idea using it, but is the odds of it hitting so low it's not worth banking on?

Edit: Fuck all these knights with the instant kill move

So what is the chance of getting break to work on the FF1 Tiamat battle? The game suggests it and I made it partially because of the game and partially because of the above strat idea using it, but is the odds of it hitting so low it's not worth banking on?

Edit: Fuck all these knights with the instant kill move

Real odds are ~30%, but with S/L, it's effectively 100%.

Not having any 5* weapon for FFVII, I brought Luneth as my RW for the Boss Rush but I ended up not calling him. That was pretty easy with Slow and Blind and the Breakdowns... Now to the ++!

Edit: Only Expert on Reno and Rude, I was sure that I did not lose 50% of my HP for the Damage Taken medals.... It's so freaking annoying to try to keep track of that. Oh well, will Master it in 7 Stamina... Ok, done.

I accidentally hit "Update All" to update Terra Battle and now I lost my stamina notification.

Hopefully it's fixed soon, it's incredibly useful.

HyperInuyasha

Neo Member
I've been lurking in the thread for a while, ever since I started playing the game (around the first Sephiroth event, I think?), and it's only recently did I get a NeoGAF account. Let us all be salty at our lousy pulls together!

Even though I got Aerith's ribbon yesterday.

Faithless

This satisfies some kind of OCD I didn't know I had.
6rfa660l.png

I still have to upgrade my Rune Axe and Moonring Blade to ++, but I will do that with more Gil.
I know a lot of these don't have incredible stats, but I can almost kit out my party in all five stars now, and that's nice. The only thing I don't have is a good wand for Vivi.

broz0rs

I still have to upgrade my Rune Axe and Moonring Blade to ++, but I will do that with more Gil.
I know a lot of these don't have incredible stats, but I can almost kit out my party in all five stars now, and that's nice. The only thing I don't have is a good wand for Vivi.

3748023.gif

Mastered both extra battles first try. Obviously my gear helped but the boss rush seems much easier this time. Blind and slowga really help, along with the usual breaks/breakdowns.

The Turk fight was harder and I was actually really surprised I mastered it. I used Shadow Flare as my RW which blinded one of them. I used power, armor break, and quake.

If you manage to land blind through an ability and use advance as your RW, it'd probably be faster/easier.

Wazzy

Banned
After seeing all of the recent list posts, I'm kinda curious what Wazzy's list looks like. Anytime Wazzy would post about pulls in a mobile game I'm playing I'd think "Damn, the Gatcha Gods must love this person". :p
And I also had no idea about Wazzy lol.
Mwhahahahha

I've actually posted my items before but I'll write them all out instead.

Rare relics:
Valkyrie 5*(maxed) VIII
Valiant 6*(maxed) VIII
Betrayal Sword 7*(maxed) VIII
Betrayal Sword 5* x 2 VIII
Genji Shield 6* (maxed) V
Genji Shield 5* x 2 V
Kaiser Knuckles x 3 XIII
Morning Star 5* (maxed) VIII
Fujin's Chakram 5*(maxed) VIII
Genji Helm 5* x 2 (maxed) V
Balamb Garden Uniform 6*(maxed) VIII
Balamb Garden Uniform 5*(maxed) VIII
Raijin's Vest 5* (maxed) VIII
Genji Armour 5* x2 V
Minotaur Plate 5*(maxed) VIII
Regal Gown 5* (maxed) VI
Gold Bangle 5* x 2(1 maxed) XIII
Gold Armlet 5*(maxed) VII
Emerald Bracer 5*(maxed) X
Diamond Pin 5*(maxed) VII
Blitz Sword 7*(maxed) VIII
Blitz Sword 5*(maxed) VIII
Judgement Staff 6*(maxed) V
Zantetsuken 5* (maxed)

Fake 5* and +:
Mesmerize blade 5*
Trident 6*
Ten-gallon Hat 6*
Galdius 5*

and a bunch others I don't care much about lol

I'm always happy to hear about her awesome pulls. (Hi Wazzy! :D)

She's on the eternal quest for Gunblades. I hope the next FFVIII banners treat her well.
I sure am! (hi gorl <3) and I'm also trying to get every VIII item I can. :D

Wazzy stole all of yours. Sorry. = (

I only stole the VIII 5* relics. D:

Falk

that puzzling face
Where are you guys getting all of those summon orbs to hone those things anyway? I seemingly never have enough.

I farmed Blue Dragon for roughly 2 1/2 day's stamina worth or about 60 times.

Neither Schizo/Proudclad nor Brynhildr were conducive to to repeat farming especially without having to reroll endlessly for specific RW (I could clear Blue Dragon with virtually any RW, while levelling people because I lose at most 3 medals, and getting 30k Gil a pop so it was quite a pinata)

Hopefully Reno and Rude turn out to be the same way. Need more summon orbs now that I've blown them on Valefor/Ramuh r3.

Rare relics:

Holy jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom