• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SougoXIII

I'm more worried about the FF5/6 Elite dungeons. Are there any decent FF5/6 gear (non rare-draw) out there that we can take advantage of? I swear they've given us way too much FF4 gears lol.

JTran2003

Op thanks for the thread and introducing me to this game. Huge fan of turn based RPGs and the nostalgia factor makes me like the game even more. Not that far along (lvl 9), and still don't get all the mechanics but so far enjoying the game.

..... Nope.... ant lion still completely destroyed me. Something tells me I'm going to be farming some lesser ice orbs to upgrade my blizzara...

marrec

Banned
Immune to melee attacks eh?

jfc... Hundred Gunner... why?

Guess I need to farm up some ranged weapons.

Is there a few specific weapons that people are going for? The only ranged weapon I have right now is a Chakram. I can make 1 Thundara as well (with one more L. Lit Orb I can make another one)... I'm guessing I'll need more than a Chakram and 4 Thundara casts to take him down.

Mastered two more Elite levels after Sunday Funday and got the Protect Ring to finish the complete mastering of the event.

Elite FFX first two dungeons Mastered. Wasn't even that difficult the hard part was taking too many actions and he (???) jumped (3 stars) before I defeated him. More stamina before I head to Besaid (?) (Diff: 26)

Love this game and refusing to cheese the system.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, I'm on the Hundred Gunner tier of Shinra. How might I go about leveling my party right now without the weekend dungeon up? I want to get some levels on Tyro before I give it a go.

Is there a few specific weapons that people are going for? The only ranged weapon I have right now is a Chakram. I can make 1 Thundara as well (with one more L. Lit Orb I can make another one)... I'm guessing I'll need more than a Chakram and 4 Thundara casts to take him down.

This should be more than enough if your offensive caster is Rydia with some +mag gear. If you're using Kain, using jump is also helpful.

Caerith

I just got the Champion rating on the second flying boss, who's a lot harder than Hundred Gunner, but hopefully my setup will give you an idea of what to shoot for.

My party:
  • Cloud - best weapon, VII armor
  • Tifa - Leather Gloves++, VII armor
  • Kain - strong weapon, VII armor, Jump (2 uses)
  • Keeper - a Harp (just in case), VII armor, Protect, Cura
  • Rydia - Whip++, Black Cowl++, VII accessory, Thundara (4 casts), Thunder (4 casts)
I passed for Keeper and Rydia on trash mobs to keep my actions down; Tifa could one-shot one while Cloud + Kain could kill the other. On the boss, Keeper cast Protect on Rydia and passed otherwise except to cast Cura. Rydia used all her Thundara and one Thunder, Kain used both Jumps and Double Jump, and that ended it. If I was smart, I would have grinded the earlier levels to max Kain's gauge so he could use Double Jump multiple times. You may have to reload if the boss decides to pick on Rydia.

(The rod from elite Octomammoth is probably a better investment for Rydia, but I already had the Whip.)

Hundred Gunner's a lot easier, and maybe just Double Jump plus a few Thundaras will do it.

MicH

I mastered Ant Lion purely because I mastered the other stages in the dungeon. I was do close to wiping out at the boss.

It's not the defense, it's the offense. I just can't do the damage and he widdles me down with counters after my mana is all spent.

I was asking because I only had 2 Blizzara and 2 Blizzard Strike. The defense is what allowed me to finish him with melee attacks while surviving the counters once my ice attacks were gone.

DeviantBoi

Does anyone else have a problem with the inventory screen getting stuck when scrolling?

Any solution other than closing the game and opening it up again?

FUCK I just fled on a black cowl drop. It was hidden by all the coins!

That's why the airplane mode method is superior. You can sit out the entire animation without worry of completing it. And if it's something you wanted, you just reconnect and grab it right away.

Man, after reading the game will eventually get fast forward and multiple party configurations, I'm tempted to give it a rest until then...

Does anyone else have a problem with the inventory screen getting stuck when scrolling?

Any solution other than closing the game and opening it up again?

For me, it scrolls if I swipe "hard enough". It's as if it got literally stuck (bouncing back) and you had to scroll more than two rows at once to get it unstuck and actually load the next part.

Bairds

Neo Member
Yes, happens all the time on iPad Mini 2.

And no, I don't think there's anything that can be done.

I use an iPad Air and run into the same problems, when on the iPhone they don't pop up. Hopefully its fixed soon because it makes any sort of inventory management a pain if you're on an iPad.

elty

So my next target:

- farm 8 more summon orb and associated ice orb to make Shiva
or
- farm 3 more Black Cowl for Tyro
or
- farm Curaga and drain strike

humm..........

Grr.. Just used 3/4 bar of stamina trying to get 1 (ONE!) Lesser Power Orb from South Figaro Cave. But instead I got 4 Lesser Fire Orbs and 3 Lesser Ice Orbs, even though the only 3 orbs that can drop there are ice, fire, and power. Thanks RNG

Negator

Just barely beat Siren on Elite. Didn't even get gold chocobo :(.

However, I did have to laugh when I saw her drop a Black Cowl.

Grr.. Just used 3/4 bar of stamina trying to get 1 (ONE!) Lesser Power Orb from South Figaro Cave. But instead I got 4 Lesser Fire Orbs and 3 Lesser Ice Orbs, even though the only 3 orbs that can drop there are ice, fire, and power. Thanks RNG

I've run through that place twice today and only received 9 orbs, 4 ice 4 power, 1 fire and two worthless weapons/armors. Not a very good return on stamina. I'm thinking I will just get the minimum to get whatever ability I'm aiming for then just stockpile the hell out of them on the dailies.

Jomjom

Banned
That's why the airplane mode method is superior. You can sit out the entire animation without worry of completing it. And if it's something you wanted, you just reconnect and grab it right away.

Ah when do you turn on airplane mode? When the boss fight starts? Also what if its not an item you want?

Meier

This all ranged party is so god damn weak even though I've leveled them all up into the 20s. The ranger and black mage are just paper thin when it comes to defense. I'm a little unsure as to what happens with the loot when you die and leave an area. Do you lose it for all battles within a stage or just that most recent, final one? This applies to retreating too..

Ah when do you turn on airplane mode? When the boss fight starts? Also what if its not an item you want?

when the fight starts. If it's not an item you want, just kill the app, restart it with the connection, and then when it asks if you want to resume an interrupted battle, decline

chrono01

I felt bad in the beginning for using the Airplane Mode method. However, after the 30+ time and not having the item drop? I no longer feel remorse.

Man, I have some decent luck with the RNG gods in this game

Just decided to run Ship Graveyard for the Black Cowl; turned off my connections, beat Siren, and lo and behold the item drop on the first go /brag

I felt bad in the beginning for using the Airplane Mode method. However, after the 30+ time and not having the item drop? I no longer feel remorse.

This is where I'm at. And once I got that first Black Cowl, I felt even less remorse!

By the way, which jobs/characters are you all looking forward to the most? I can't wait for Red Mage. I need my pimp hat! Will XIII be added? They showed Lightning in the promo pics in the app store... That battle theme... <3

Xetherion

I can't wait for the Super Figaro Bros (Edgar and Sabin) from FFVI. Zack Fair is high on my list too, though it's gonna be awhile for him since Japan just got him.

This is where I'm at. And once I got that first Black Cowl, I felt even less remorse!

By the way, which jobs/characters are you all looking forward to the most? I can't wait for Red Mage. I need my pimp hat! Will XIII be added? They showed Lightning in the promo pics in the app store... That battle theme... <3

While I never played much of any FF after 6, besides 12, I do like having FF6 versions of all those newer characters. That's always cool. Outside of that, I want any and every person that isn't a normal play character, like Sephiroth. Finally having General Leo with Shock as his Soul Break would be awesome.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

It's really unnecessary though. Seems some of you are making the game more of a chore than it needs to be. You don't have to min-max that much.

Xetherion

While I never played much of any FF after 6, besides 12, I do like having FF6 versions of all those newer characters. That's always cool. Outside of that, I want any and every person that isn't a normal play character, like Sephiroth. Finally having General Leo with Shock as his Soul Break would be awesome.

Oh man, yeah General Leo would be awesome!

rybrad

If I beat the second ranged boss in the Shinra event am I set for the last boss or should I do something else for prep? I was just going to try it but the stamina requirements in these last few floors makes it a real bummer to die on the boss floor due to being unprepared.

If I beat the second ranged boss in the Shinra event am I set for the last boss or should I do something else for prep? I was just going to try it but the stamina requirements in these last few floors makes it a real bummer to die on the boss floor due to being unprepared.

Do you have Dark Attack? It would help if you can blind Rufus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom