• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisonian

Does his defense allow him to sustain front row damage?

All of his stats are totally average, so it really depends on your gear and what you want to do with him. He's a jack of all trades. If you expect him to heal though, and give him a bunch of decent armor with no MND, it's probably not going to end well however.

I have best results with him having a ranged weapon, MND armor and Cure/Cura in the back row. I am rapidly entering territory where his heals are no longer cutting it however.

elty

Streamlined your steps :)

How to grind (like) a boss:
At start of the Boss section, on any round, activate Airplane mode.
Proceed to beat the boss.
See if you drop coin/orb/chest/nothing.
Connection Error.
IF GOOD DROP: deactivate Airplane mode and press OK. [DONE]
IF BAD DROP: Kill App, continue steps.
deactivate Airplane mode.
Activate App.
Click Cancel. [RESTART]

Ok, seriously wondering if this revised method actually works... I'm stuck in a loop where Dragoon boss keeps dropping an orb... (trying to get the whip). I'm not even getting attempts where he drops nothing anymore...

I'm wondering if my steps are leading to a repeat of the same outcome from the server somehow...
Works for me.

Finished off the FFX elite dungeons.

I only have Baron Castle left in FF4, but I'm too scared to try.

I'm still stuck on Ant Lion in FFIV... It feels like I need to really level grind (most of my characters are still sub-30) but even when the XP dungeon was on, it seemed to take forever to get anywhere.

Beelzebubs

I'm still stuck on Ant Lion in FFIV... It feels like I need to really level grind (most of my characters are still sub-30) but even when the XP dungeon was on, it seemed to take forever to get anywhere.

Blizzard and blind my friend. Also if your characters are low skip the auto attackers turns until you get them healed up.

v9yW5v1l.jpg

Does this party seem capable enough for the 2 flying bosses in Shinra's Tower? Small Caveat: Kain doesn't have Jump yet but he will later today, i just need 1 more orb. I know Tyro is a little under leveled but he'll probably just have to do. I could replace him with a 24 White Mage if he's going to be useless though, but then only Rydia and Kain will be able to damage the boss. Wakka is level 19 or so and not very strong.

Edit: The 2 thundaras are both rank 1, so 4 total uses

Mythril Helm (IV)?

I got it from my free relic drop today!

That goes without saying that it comes from relic drops as well :p

Blizzard and blind my friend. Also if your characters are low skip the auto attackers turns until you get them healed up.

Blind... Hmm don't have anyone (of a useful level) that can use dark attacks. Ice spells eh? Think I'll need to grind some ice orbs, but that at least sounds better. Thanks!

Meier

How many times can you combine an upgrade an item? Like, if it starts at Lvl 1, I combine to get it Lvl 2, I can combine once more to get it to 3 and that's it, right? Or can you do a third combine to increase it once more?

Thanks!

The Boat

Does this have cloud saving or would the save in my iPad be separate from the iPhone. Not that I'm liking this too much tbh, but I was wondering.

Beelzebubs

I autobattled all but the last stage and got the expert reward. It isn't that bad once you have the gear and levels.

More the levels seeing as it's a FFX dungeon and there's no gear for it :( In order to not get dumpstered you'd need to have at least 4* gear on everyone. Or just have everyone sit on the back line and use casts.

Does this party seem capable enough for the 2 flying bosses in Shinra's Tower? Small Caveat: Kain doesn't have Jump yet but he will later today, i just need 1 more orb. I know Tyro is a little under leveled but he'll probably just have to do. I could replace him with a 24 White Mage if he's going to be useless though, but then only Rydia and Kain will be able to damage the boss. Wakka is level 19 or so and not very strong.

Edit: The 2 thundaras are both rank 1, so 4 total uses

The flying boss isn't as difficult as people are making it out to be.

With that said, you party is too weak the (cloud and tifa are useless in this boss fight).

The two main stars of this fight are tyro and Rydia, you need Rydia to have a lot of Mag so they the boss can be downed within 4 to 6 thundera. The whip doesn't provide enough mag to do that and given your level.

So I will say level up tyros anyways because your current party will not help you with rufus.

The flying boss isn't as difficult as people are making it out to be.

With that said, you party is too weak the (cloud and tifa are useless in this boss fight).

The two main stars of this fight are tyro and Rydia, you need Rydia to have a lot of Mag so they the boss can be downed within 4 to 6 thundera. The whip doesn't provide enough mag to do that and given your level.

So I will say level up tyros anyways because your current party will not help you with rufus.

Only took 3 thundara with Rydia, and she did use whip, and she was level 23 or 24. The air boss isn't hard at all.

I think I'll take a break if they don't have new stuff after Shinra event, there not enough stuff to waste time grinding up gear yet.

I'll gather my dailies until some more non-VII/VIII/X characters pop up.

Caerith

Anyone else needing to frequently re-download old locations when revisiting them?? I play mostly over data connection and it's eating a lot... It is clear that this game is swapping data in / out to keep its footprint down. I wish I could override that and force it to store everything.

It only re-downloads locations when I clear the cache. I think some devices have optimization settings that clear caches constantly to free up memory, and this could be what's making you re-download data over and over?

I think I'll take a break if they don't have new stuff after Shinra event, there not enough stuff to waste time grinding up gear yet.

I'll gather my dailies until some more non-VII/VIII/X characters pop up.

From what I can gather, in JP at least the events have been back to back. If that holds here, the Shinra event will end and we'll immediately begin the next one.

StMeph

I ended up leveling and using a full ranged group since there were two ranged-only bosses. Kain (with Jump), Archer, Wakka, Tyro, and Rydia (with 2x Thundara).

Switched back to a more normal composition for Rufus, who wasn't much of a problem.

Spent about two days just grinding XP for the ranged characters to tackle those two floors though. =/

I ended up leveling and using a full ranged group since there were two ranged-only bosses. Kain (with Jump), Archer, Wakka, Tyro, and Rydia (with 2x Thundara).

Switched back to a more normal composition for Rufus, who wasn't much of a problem.

Spent about two days just grinding XP for the ranged characters to tackle those two floors though. =/

What's the best place to grind xp now that the daily xp dungeon is gone?

At the moment I got a White Robe on her that I got from an early pull. Comparing the stats (something I should have done before, lol) I think I can skip the Black Cowl, even without combining the Robe feels pretty decent and it also gets the synergy bonus in the IV stages. I'll be missing that magic boost, but alas. Really don't feel like trying to farm it for now, it never drops and it feels too unrewarding. :(

http://i.imgur.com/MvUjA2x.png
http://i.imgur.com/hSRvjwI.png

Here's my synergy stats for BCowl++. Post what you get for the WRobe, I'm curious. Still getting the hang of the bonus, myself.

Mag - 27
Def - 67
Res - 136
Eva - 99 (no bonus)
Mnd - 27

Also, I scrolled through the whole list of items that can be pulled, and I don't think I see any for FFX right now.

StMeph

What's the best place to grind xp now that the daily xp dungeon is gone?

No clue what the best alternatives are, but I fed all the eggs I had on hand to bring them up to 10-ish, and then ran Normal for whatever the Daily dungeon was until they got up to about 20, which was enough to Master the two ranged Shinra bosses.

You can probably sub Cloud for the area synergy over Kain if you want to help clear the non-boss floors faster.

Om3ga

Damn didn't think I could beat Rufus. Went in with no strategy too as I didnt want to farm anything. That was a long and stressful fight! Only thing that sucks is since I didnt think I could beat him I didnt bother getting champion in 1 stage which cost me mastering that floor.

Oh well time to level Tifa and Sephiroth!

No clue what the best alternatives are, but I fed all the eggs I had on hand to bring them up to 10-ish, and then ran Normal for whatever the Daily dungeon was until they got up to about 20, which was enough to Master the two ranged Shinra bosses.

You can probably sub Cloud for the area synergy over Kain if you want to help clear the non-boss floors faster.

I posted my group on the previous page, it includes cloud even for the regular bosses. I mean Rydia should be able to kill a boss with 4 Thudaras right? And I was planning to use Cloud and Tifa as meat sponges, as well as to kill the trash on the way to the boss. So I was going to use Cloud/Tifa/Tyro/Kain/Rydia.

For Rufus I was planning to do something different (not exactly sure what yet, still have to figure that out, lol).

Kitoro

So, just to confirm.. People have been able to get Dragoon to drop the whip instead of materia by resetting the fight? Or is it actually predetermined at the start?

Thanks!

mstevens

Dang, the seed cannon attack in the hard daily hits very hard. No mastery for me, but the orbs should be farmable at least.

edit: You keep rewards after each part right? Thinking about just resetting the dungeon after the first part each time so I can just auto-attack all day and not worry about healing / deaths.

Shouta

They just updated the JP version of the game with a party set feature to quickly change between groups you make before hand. Woo.

Dang, the seed cannon attack in the hard daily hits very hard. No mastery for me, but the orbs should be farmable at least.

edit: You keep rewards after each part right? Thinking about just resetting the dungeon after the first part each time so I can just auto-attack all day and not worry about healing / deaths.

Yes! You keep your orbs.

They just updated the JP version of the game with a party set feature to quickly change between groups you make before hand. Woo.

Oh great! We need this and fast forward so bad...

datamage

Bah, I wish I hadn't renamed Tyro, I wasn't sure the direction this game was going in, and I thought that name would represent me online.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Here's my synergy stats for BCowl++. Post what you get for the WRobe, I'm curious. Still getting the hang of the bonus, myself.

Mag - 27
Def - 67
Res - 136
Eva - 99 (no bonus)
Mnd - 27

Also, I scrolled through the whole list of items that can be pulled, and I don't think I see any for FFX right now.
I'll have to wait until the next upgrade materials daily before I can get it to level 15, but here's the synergy stats for a base 13/15 WRobe & no bonus stats:

ZqerrUA.png
rHPQ3h1.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How do you check what the stats are with synergy? Am I missing an option somewhere?
Get into one of the dungeons, then go to inventory and press on the respective equipments to see their synergy stats. They need to be equipped on a character who's currently in the dungeon, they'll be shining on the party tab too so you know they're getting the bonus.

You don't need to start any battles, just enter a dungeon so you can retreat later without wasting stamina.

xCobalt

Just started playing this the other day. I'm enjoying it so far but really need to get some Gil. Missed out on Saturday's dungeon so is there another alternative for easy gil?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My characters are late twenties. Cloud, Tidus, Sephiroth, Keeper, and Rydia. If there was X gear i'd probably be able to do it.

For reference, my party is as follows:
Cloud (lv 38, 5* weapon, 5*armor)
Sephiroth (lv 31, 5* weapon, 3* armor)
Tidus (lv 37, 4* weapon, 5* armor)
Kain (lv 37, 5* weapon, 3* armor)
Tyro (lv 36, 5* weapon, 5* armor)

the hards aren't that tough with this setup. They can still occasionally focus somebody and I will have to take it off autobattle to heal up.

Just started this this morning,for the hell of it...it runs pretty bad on my old Kobo Android tablet though lol but is there a way to choose a target when there is more then one ennemy during a fight or am I just too early on...? I like the whole nostalgia look to it.

Tap the enemy u want to hit or party member u want to heal.

Get into one of the dungeons, then go to inventory and press on the respective equipments to see their synergy stats. They need to be equipped on a character who's currently in the dungeon, they'll be shining on the party tab too so you know they're getting the bonus.

You don't need to start any battles, just enter a dungeon so you can retreat later without wasting stamina.

I must STILL be missing something... because going into the inventory screen just asks me to sell items, not see their stats...

(edit) Have to long click!

Wow, black cowl scales way high in FF4, Ant Lion is going down this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom