• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run through that place twice today and only received 9 orbs, 4 ice 4 power, 1 fire and two worthless weapons/armors. Not a very good return on stamina. I'm thinking I will just get the minimum to get whatever ability I'm aiming for then just stockpile the hell out of them on the dailies.

Figaro Castle seems to be better. My sample size is limited, but I just ran through the first level twice and got 1 Lesser Power Orb each time.

Anyone know the best places to get the orbs for Dark Attack (lesser power and dark orbs)?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...B7DoKJCGodDPgTU0JTbploNcu0/htmlview?sle=true#

Also see above, Figaro Castle (Classic) seems to be a good place for Lesser Power.

Negator

From what I've been reading, the elite bosses have double the HP in the NA version? Why? Resonance isn't going to offset double the amount of health they have, that's just stupid.

Also, 1 Mythril every 5 days is a joke. At that rate I would have to wait 2 months to do a 10+1 draw, and that's starting from the 25 that I have.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
From what I've been reading, the elite bosses have double the HP in the NA version? Why? Resonance isn't going to offset double the amount of health they have, that's just stupid.

Also, 1 Mythril every 5 days is a joke. At that rate I would have to wait 2 months to do a 10+1 draw.

Or you could just spend your whole paycheque fight now and do dozens of draws. Isn't $750 a fair price to get a virtual 7* masamune?

Falk

that puzzling face
Also, 1 Mythril every 5 days is a joke. At that rate I would have to wait 2 months to do a 10+1 draw, and that's starting from the 25 that I have.

Isn't that... the whole intention? To get people who want to draw to pay?

edit: beaten

Negator

Isn't that... the whole intention? To get people who want to draw to pay?

edit: beaten

From what I've heard, the japanese version is much more generous. I don't mean what they're getting right now, I mean with what they started with.

What I'm trying to say is that we are getting gimped really hard, and Mythril is so scarce it's practically a non-factor.

If this is the route they are going to go, I can't see myself giving a shit for much longer.

While I never played much of any FF after 6, besides 12, I do like having FF6 versions of all those newer characters. That's always cool. Outside of that, I want any and every person that isn't a normal play character, like Sephiroth. Finally having General Leo with Shock as his Soul Break would be awesome.
I definitely want to see more playable characters who were just temporary party members in their respective games, and even some NPCs! There's no reason to limit things in a game like this that already throws party conventions out the window.

Falk

that puzzling face
From what I've heard, the japanese version is much more generous. I don't mean what they're getting right now, I mean with what they started with.

What I'm trying to say is that we are getting gimped really hard, and Mythril is so scarce it's practically a non-factor.

If this is the route they are going to go, I can't see myself giving a shit for much longer.

Well yeah, from my brief experience on both, it seems that the game brickwalls much faster than the domestic release.

Not too sure what's up with that, if it's an intentional change w.r.t pacing, or they just see the Western world as bigger whales.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, you should probably just move on if getting free currency is that important to you. In no game is there really a reliable way of getting free gacha pulls (or the equivalent thereof) if you want to "collect them all" and those games that give more free currency than others tend to have atrocious and brutal pull rates/rules. Thankfully there is no PVP in this game, and all of the content can be completed without any uber pay weapon, so it's not really an issue unless you just gotta have that buster sword.

Hige

If you queue up a bunch of actions, but the enemies die before all of your characters can attack/use abilities, do those unused attacks still count against the "actions taken" score?

Razmos

While I never played much of any FF after 6, besides 12, I do like having FF6 versions of all those newer characters. That's always cool. Outside of that, I want any and every person that isn't a normal play character, like Sephiroth. Finally having General Leo with Shock as his Soul Break would be awesome.
I actually came into this thread to say that it would be really cool to have Seymour from FFX as a party member.

SougoXIII

Now I'm curious, what did Japan start with?

Yeah, you should probably just move on if getting free currency is that important to you. In no game is there really a reliable way of getting free gacha pulls (or the equivalent thereof) if you want to "collect them all" and those games that give more free currency than others tend to have atrocious and brutal pull rates/rules. Thankfully there is no PVP in this game, and all of the content can be completed without any uber pay weapon, so it's not really an issue unless you just gotta have that buster sword.

I somehow doubt we're going to be able to beat the Difficulty 50 + mission on VI's realm without rank 4* or higher equipments

Well yeah, from my brief experience on both, it seems that the game brickwalls much faster than the domestic release.

Not too sure what's up with that, if it's an intentional change w.r.t pacing, or they just see the Western world as bigger whales.

Aren't there legal restrictions when it comes to gacha machines in Japan? Most JP games that have a domestic counterpart are FAR more generous on the gems than the Western version. I read somewhere that it was because of laws in Japan that have something to do with gambling in these types of games, but I don't know the details.

Also, don't forget that you get some mythril from elite dungeons as well as event dungeons. If they cycle new event dungeons in every couple weeks it helps. You can get 7 Mythril from Shinra's Tower, for example. I don't know when the event started, but it seems like total time is like a week and a half or 2 weeks? That's 1 mythril every other day.

Negator

Maybe I will. If the North American version of the game is going to screw us with double boss HP and drastically reduced Mythril, I can already see the domino effects happen where the game will eventually be pay 2 win.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I definitely want to see more playable characters who were just temporary party members in their respective games, and even some NPCs! There's no reason to limit things in a game like this that already throws party conventions out the window.

The reason to limit it is so you can parcel them out so people don't unlock them all in 3 days and then say "this game is boring I already did everything 1* sux"

Maybe I will. If the North American version of the game is going to screw us with double boss HP and drastically reduced Mythril, I can already see the domino effects happen where the game will eventually be pay 2 win.

Without paying a dime someone who played daily can trivially auto-battle all the content so far except the back half of elite dungeons and some hard dailies. I don't think it's a great crime if the game is structured that some of the elite content can't be beaten for a few months.

oni_saru

I don't know if i'll get Sephiroth. My ranged characters just suck >.< ah well. Will keep at it! This game is very addicting!

Until just now, I haven't paid for any pulls, and coincidentally enough those three pulls aren't useful to me. With that said, I've Mastered all Elites on VII, all but one on IV and X, and haven't started the others. My highest characters are Rydia and Cloud at 38. I'd say it's fine.

(my paid pulls were paid by google survey)

The reason to limit it is so you can parcel them out so people don't unlock them all in 3 days and then say "this game is boring I already did everything 1* sux"

Yea, I mean the longevity of these types of games are based on the release of new and more powerful characters, and new and more powerful dungeons over a period of time. In other games where there's no established mythos you can just invent new characters forever, but You've got maybe 4-5 characters per Final Fantasy in this game, for a total of maybe 50-60 characters down the line. And then after that, what will be left to keep players around? So they need to space out the character delivery for that reason.

rhino4evr

Trying to get the light Rod for rydia, but my black Mage is under powered. Is it possible to still get gold mastery without using a dark attack limit break?

Road

Breezed through FFX SSLiki and almost all FFIV (Baron Castle left) elites today, thanks to Mythril++ defense and Kunai++ and Rod++ attack.

The good thing about that was the stamina recovery after completing five shards, making it all very fast.

I'm more worried about the FF5/6 Elite dungeons. Are there any decent FF5/6 gear (non rare-draw) out there that we can take advantage of? I swear they've given us way too much FF4 gears lol.

I've started the first FF5 elite, and I already had Bronze++ Armor, Helmet and Shield from random drops. I'll try to farm more Broadsword++ if I can't get by with the one I have.

FF6 only next week, after a new round of Sunday xp (hopefully I'll have free time for it).

..... Nope.... ant lion still completely destroyed me. Something tells me I'm going to be farming some lesser ice orbs to upgrade my blizzara...

For Antlion, Rydia with Rod++ and Wizard Hat++ was hitting Blizzara for ~3500 each.

But more importantly, inflict Poison and Blind on it. Restart the battle until both hit if necessary. Then you can just defend and Blizzara and Cura until he dies. For ultimate defense, put everyone on the back row.

Is there a recommended order for elites to get special equips? I have the light staff and light rod and am wondering where to go next to get the most bang for my stamina buck.

You can see all the rewards for every Elite dungeon in the game or here:https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Elite Dungeons_FF IV

It's really unnecessary though. Seems some of you are making the game more of a chore than it needs to be. You don't have to min-max that much.

Yeah, I never farmed Whip or Black Cowl and Rydia is getting by fine.

I don't know if i'll get Sephiroth. My ranged characters just suck >.< ah well. Will keep at it! This game is very addicting!

There's still almost one week left, don't give up.

Just started playing this the other day. I'm enjoying it so far but really need to get some Gil. Missed out on Saturday's dungeon so is there another alternative for easy gil?

Wednesday gil daily. =P

Selling starlaracactite (sp?) from Tuesday is an option as well.

Caerith

If you queue up a bunch of actions, but the enemies die before all of your characters can attack/use abilities, do those unused attacks still count against the "actions taken" score?
Pretty sure they don't count until they actually fire.

Trying to get the light Rod for rydia, but my black Mage is under powered. Is it possible to still get gold mastery without using a dark attack limit break?
It's possible, but you have to play more or less perfectly.

LevelNth

Banned
Sweet, beat the second flying boss in Shinra. One more level to go!

I didn't master the last two levels and might not master the final either, are any of the mastery awards for those must gets?

Jomjom

Banned
Thanks for the airplane trick guys! Got my 3 black cowls.

Which part of Figaro Castle is best for lesser holy orbs? Trying to get a curaga.

Caerith

Sweet, beat the second flying boss in Shinra. One more level to go!

I didn't master the last two levels and might not master the final either, are any of the mastery awards for those must gets?

The second flying boss's mastery award is an accessory with evasion +10, and the final boss's is a 3* accessory with lots of defense on it. Final boss is easier the second time around though if you come back with Tifa and Sephiroth in the party.

Grr. So is The Dark Attack thing like the only dark attack in the game? I though Judgement Grimoire would do it on Octomammoth but nope. Would have had the mastery bonus if it weren't for that?

Grr. So is The Dark Attack thing like the only dark attack in the game? I though Judgement Grimoire would do it on Octomammoth but nope. Would have had the mastery bonus if it weren't for that?

Yeah, Dark Attack makes a big difference in that damage taken score. I kept restarting until it proc'd and then I was able to master that floor.

So if you start losing a battle or know your going to lose but could have won, is there any negative effect to closing the app, opening the app, and then "continuing" from where you left off if it always restarts the battle?

Syrus

Banned
Can someone explain how airplane mode works for getting drops?? If the boss dies and doesn't give item I swith to airplane and fight him again or start all rhe way over?

rhino4evr

What is the airplane mode trick? I've played the black crowl dungeon like 10 times now...and nothing. I actually got it the first time I played it. , Id be happy with just one combo.

Getting 3 seems like it would take forever.

What is the airplane mode trick? I've played the black crowl dungeon like 10 times now...and nothing. I actually got it the first time I played it. , Id be happy with just one combo.

Getting 3 seems like it would take forever.

Turn on airplane mode when you enter boss round
If you don't see a treasure chest from boss:
1) close and kill app
2) turn off airplane mode
3) restart app
4) flee battle and re-enter

You lose the stamina, but better than repeating from the beginning

When you do see a treasure chest, turn off airplane mode then click retry at the connection error prompt, don't have to kill the app

GAMERG0D

I went into a IV dungeon and looked at the stats and the Black Cowl is better than a fully upgraded Wizards Hat for Rydia to use synergy. Now granted it's 5* level 15/20, but the stats are still higher than a fully upgraded Wizards Hat.

old

So I just got sephirith and I have no weapons I can equip on him. Anybody know where to get him some katanas?

Caerith

Looks like they just announced the next event, Light Against the Darkness. 6:00 PM PST, 4/7. So, tomorrow?

A legendary character faces a struggle within, the dark side against the light. Face the challenges of Mount Ordeals to cast off the shadows of the past!

If I know my FF lore, this means we're getting
Gogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom