• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
30 actions for 3 action medals.

That's really steep even considering AOE and Biora 9999s, especially for an encounter with ~340k total HP

Nohar

Well, managed to master it... Once again, thank you MicH for your RW.

Still a ridiculous fight. Faith is a must-have, don't forget to bring it.

Also honed Bio to R4 for nothing: never had to use it. Oh well, it doesn't matter.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't tell you how useful Snow's RM is for mage meta.

Oh? Vivi already hitting for 9999 without Devotion/Attunement? Cool, give him Haste or in the case of bosses where you're gonna bring Boon/LH, give him more DEF.

(I gave it to healbot/slowbot in this case)

Falk

that puzzling face
Well

This is it guys. I've thought long and hard about this. I bet more than a few people thought this day would never come. But I'm feeling kind of burnt out so I'm gonna take a break from FFRK.

meaning I'm just gonna let the game sit at max stamina without using it for anything until Soul Break Fest event dungeon opens in a few hours then I'll be back. Completeld everything else, don't really need white/power orbs, don't really feel like farming Seifer+gang for unknown drop rates, and reeeeaaaally don't feel like farming Phantom Train for GDO when Orb Dungeon is in a month or so

I bet it's gonna bite me in the ass when I'm like 2 GDO short to hone Bioga for that last push to beat Tellah +++ lol

Thank you random trash mob in pretend boss rush. I couldn't have done it without you (no really, I lost 8 medals overall which was the max I could lose). Now to wait for stamina regen...

don't really need white/power orbs, don't really feel like farming Seifer+gang for unknown drop rates
In case anyone wondered what can drop there Greater Holy orbs and normal dark orbs. Data currently looks like one is better off doing Burmecia.

AZYG4LYFE

Neo Member
Kn6BnuC.png
HYRB0Ki.png

Good riddance, but tbh it was a really fun fight once the momentum kicked in. Haste really helped me out the second time around after failure to master EX++ first time.
Zeal and Sky pirates pride on Garnet, Selphie, start of battle either of those two casts Sleep gas RW. Once all 3 are asleep activate Haste + Faith on the other 3 mages and begin nuking.

RMs:
Rydia - Impetuous Youth
Vivi - Rod Master
Rinoa - Devotion
Garnet -Zeal
Selphie - Sky Pirates Pride

Rest of album including synergy stats and victory shots included for reference: http://imgur.com/a/S2SEB

Well that was lame. I ran out of abilities with only Raijin left at a slither of HP (well technically Quits could do her soul break...to heal him for 800). If I had done things slightly differently that could have been a victory (one less attack on Fujin or casting comet before faith).

I really doubt I have the gear to do this with only losing 1 damage medal (I take a lot of damage before I can get sleeping gas off) but at least it looks hopefull I can win at all.

Nohar

Well that was lame. I ran out of abilities with only Raijin left at a slither of HP (well technically Quits could do her soul break...to heal him for 800). If I had done things slightly differently that could have been a victory (one less attack on Fujin or casting comet before faith).

I really doubt I have the gear to do this with only losing 1 damage medal (I take a lot of damage before I can get sleeping gas off) but at least it looks hopefull I can win at all.

Like I mentioned above, regular Bio should be more powerful than Comet (and since it seems that it was a close-call).
Which were your abilities by the way?

Meier

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/toaNKZ-fAQKT9QTf47m-u5PhcEvONULjmmNUTZ4oa0I7=w400-h860-no[IMG]

Now for the EX++... So many honing decisions... Not sure I'll try it today.[/QUOTE]

Damn, this reminds me that I forgot to follow the person I got the other day with that angel wing quake. That thing was badass..

Like I mentioned above, regular Bio should be more powerful than Comet (and since it seems that it was a close-call).
Which were your abilities by the way?
Quitis: Sleep R3 (because sleeping gas sucks), Biora R4
Rinoa: Biora R4, Comet R4
Vivi: Firaja R2, Quake R3 (hindsight: swap abilities with Rinoa so you can actually take advantage of focus magic to...do 9999 with Biora)
Garnet: Shiva R3, Valefor R2
Selphie: Diaga R2, Faith R3.

Due to the constraints of Faith R3 it might be best to shuffle abilities even more. edit: and definitely consider crafting haste.

Garnet and Vivi are level 60 the rest are level 50-55.

Second close call this time Seifer was 1 comet away from death but he did Fira AoE killing the caster.

Third close call Rajin one comet away from death Seifer not far. Both awake sleep failed on Seifer and he did AoE Fira killing off casters.

Well nice to have a reasonable challenge even if half of it is down to sleeping gas.

Edit: I can't take this bullshit anymore plus it is clear I can arrange my party better. Retreat.

MicH

That was close. I finished (and mastered!) the EX++ battle with my very last Biora spell (last attacking spell overall!). If I can give one piece of advice it's to bring Haste. It helps a lot! Haste + Faith is a good combo

Rinoa did 9999 (after Faith) with Biora and 7400 (after Faith) with Quake. Yuna did 7400 with Valefor too

Xetherion

Trio mastered! I was blessed by RNGesus, Sleep Gas RW got all 3 on 3rd S/L, then got both 2 remaining again after they woke up from the first. Thanks to all the bros who posted their Sleeping Gas friend codes!

Falk

that puzzling face
Well

This is it guys. I've thought long and hard about this. I bet more than a few people thought this day would never come. But I'm feeling kind of burnt out so I'm gonna take a break from FFRK.

meaning I'm just gonna let the game sit at max stamina without using it for anything until Soul Break Fest event dungeon opens in a few hours then I'll be back. Completeld everything else, don't really need white/power orbs, don't really feel like farming Seifer+gang for unknown drop rates, and reeeeaaaally don't feel like farming Phantom Train for GDO when Orb Dungeon is in a month or so

I bet it's gonna bite me in the ass when I'm like 2 GDO short to hone Bioga for that last push to beat Tellah +++ lol

I couldn't stay away and decided to blow my full stam bar on Phantom Train.

3 GDO in one stam bar hahahah.

So the 10 for 1 orb coversion is confirmed. Hopefully we won't have to wait six months for it to arrive. 600 lesser fires converted into 6 greaters, yes please. 800 lesser earths into 8'greaters, yes! Unknown what the Gil cost will be yet.six months of stoclkpiling normal orbs will make avoid and five star abilities trivial to create and hone, other than summons of course.

And it seems that the ability disassemble will round up, so that freebie Phoenix will be worth a major fire etc.

Nohar

Did they mention if orb conversion is free or if it is gonna cost us something, ie. most certainly gils, and if it is the case: how much?

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not sure if ability disassembly would give you everything back. Seems a little superfluous to have the whole honing mechanic then since there's no penalty or opportunity cost for going up ranks - might as well let each ability have - + buttons where you just add or subtract the rank without the honing animation.

Then again pointless time-wasting animations fit right into the current precedent of how terrible the UI is. :V

I'm not sure if ability disassembly would give you everything back. Seems a little superfluous to have the whole honing mechanic then since there's no penalty or opportunity cost for going up ranks - might as well let each ability have - + buttons where you just add or subtract the rank without the honing animation.

Then again pointless time-wasting animations fit right into the current precedent of how terrible the UI is. :V

It supposedly give you half the orb cost, including the honings, back, rounded up to the nearest whole orb.

Wazzy

Banned
I have quite a few RW options so if anyone would prefer I have a different one up, I'll post the options.

Rinoa Angel Wing Lightning 3x or Angel Wing Quake 2x
Irvine 10x shot
Selphie healing party
Red XIII(my current) Protect and Haste
Irvines Sleep

They should just let you skip to the end with all your FFVIII gear.

Like an Edea Fast Pass. :)
Right? I just want to do the boss rush. D:
Finished with Rinoa's Elites. I'm waiting for my stamina to refill before attempting the boss rush (manageable, though the Iguions are gonna be very tedious; that's a very S/L heavy fight if characters get petrified) and EX++ (I feel like that one will be worse than Reno and Rude... and that's saying something).

Also, please remind me to strangle Wazzy.

fufufufuufu

Quake the shit out of them and they'll go down fast before petrify can happen.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just got another GDO on the first Phantom Train attempt (at 20% drop rate)

That makes 4 in 140 stamina.

Why can't I have this luck pulling 5* armor

MicH

I think I'm gonna do a 3-pull on tonight's banner and an 11-pull on the banner with the Vega. I guarantee you I won't be getting any character specific relics though,
I'll get two White Robes instead :(

Need the sleeping gas RW. Anyone got it?
I have it: 9rsP

Deciding to go through dungeons and I had an amusing glitch which I think was only graphical:
frozenvivi_zps33dqzfck.jpg

Vivi's HP bar froze.

This girl is a bit easier even without some sort of taunt (would still recommend can be a tad rough without) and you can afford to lose medals this time due to 3.75 rounds of trash. Also you could just paralyze her (new weakness get).

Need the sleeping gas RW. Anyone got it?
That last few pages have three (at least I added three).

Yogg

So the boss rush was a piece of cake, but this EX++ is so fucking annoying! I absolutely hate those fights where you know you've lost when you see empty ATB bars in the first second. They always boil down to "get all the debuffs/buffs up before you get hit or restart". This is disgusting when planets don't align.

edit: Holy hell, championed after dozens of resets. It's been just about 2 hours of reseting, "so much fun!". Well I won't be farming that.

johnsmith

remember me
Woo. Mastered on my first Mage party attempt. Got lucky with the sleeps. Screwed up and brought lightning summons, didn't realize one of them absorbed it, but my hones on my single target spells were high enough to make up for it.

I am so pissed about my ++ run, got lucky enough to get all 3 to sleep from first RW, Seifer almost dead when he wakes up, second RW sleeps none of the 2 left and they managed to do all the strongest attack in the little amount of time they had left alive and I managed to lose 3 medals because of damage (1 to action, 2 to damage)...

Mastered the trio this morning. I ended up honing Valefor, Shiva, biora, quake, and faith. I was prepared to take both Valefor and Shiva to R3 but decided to see how close I could get at R2 first. Spending the orbs on Valefor hurt the hoarder in me but it'll be useful for multiple scenarios outside of this one battle so meh. Ended up mastering it, even after forgetting to bring Shiva. >_>

The sleep RW only hit two so I had to spend a few rounds casting sleep on the third until all of them were snoozing. Luckily nobody was murdered during that timeframe. After that I focused on Fujin, then Seifer, then Raijin. I recast my RW before anybody woke up (hit 2 again) and then kept casting sleep until it hit the third. I ran out of sleep and Raijin woke up but luckily it was at the very end and I survived long enough to take him down.

Glad that's over with so I can focus on the event tonight.

Here's my party.

KNYgdPZl.png

Yogg

Woo, done with all classic elite dungeons and with current EX++ ! It's the first time in a very long that I have spare stamina to actually do dailies. Feels good man. Time to hone stuff, I'm late on that.

Nohar

Archeobis done. All Elite dungeons completed*. Feels good.

* Well, I do miss a Mastery in FFIV... Stupid Bahamut and stupid trash mobs.

Anyhow, if you need a bucket for your tears, I have some nearby. The Celebration is going to be painful, I know it.

Ok, round 2 of ++ went better, really happy to be done with this fight. It was a bit on the bullshit side of things!

Now only 6 Elites left to do to be all caught up, that will happen throughout the event since the dungeons are not too taxing on Stamina. Now to decide how I will spread my thin amount of Mythrils, all the upcoming banners are good to very good...

Razmos

I went into the Iguion elite fight thinking "I can do this, I forgot to equip my anti-petrify accessory and forgot to bring stona, but i'm sure I can just soft reset if someone gets petrified"

The battle started, the Iguion used Magma Breath before I could take a single action, my entire party was petrified with one attack instantly failing the dungeon.

do9xBKs.gif

MicH

I went into the Iguion elite fight thinking "I can do this, I forgot to equip my anti-petrify accessory and forgot to bring stona, but i'm sure I can just soft reset if someone gets petrified"

The battle started, the Iguion used Magma Breath before I could take a single action, my entire party was petrified with one attack instantly failing the dungeon.

do9xBKs.gif
I'm sorry, but that made laugh :lol

You're gonna enjoy the boss rush!

Lol holy shit! Sorry for your terrible RNG luck, Razmos. You'll get er done though, I have faith in you!!! ^_^

Here's my Banner #1 draw.

COBWJBBUcAATO36.jpg

Five of those 3★ were able to be made into 3★++ at least.

I just realized that I now have something like FIVE 3★++ or higher MND weapons and only one 4★ for MAG (plus the one everyone gets).

Got some 3* dagger from my 100 gem pull, which I promptly sold as I already have a 3++ of it. Did a 3-pull and got a 5* FFIX robe (forget the name). I'd really like any of the items on this banner but I think I'll just stick to 3-pulls on all of them. I want to save mythril for the upcoming orb fest.

Is everyone just spending 5 tablets on each of the growth egg days? I can't see upgrade material or gil being a high priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom