• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to catch up on the classic dungeons lately. I'm now sitting at 127 stam +2, with just the last dungeon of FF2 and FF1 left. I'm so glad to be almost done with that ! Some of those dungeons are the worst thing. I'll try to get my bioras honed for the EX++ boss now.

If you need a sleeping gas RW, my code is eDAi .

Damn. I finally started making more time for dungeons a few weeks ago and was pretty happy to get my stamina to 100.

Falk

that puzzling face
This boss rush was... interesting.

As people suspected, no Ethers, Seifer is a freaking tank, better have super honed abilities or just advance/retaliate. (or drop Mythril lol)

On the other hand Edea is a punching bag. Double cuts for 5.8k x 2, Quake hits for 9.5k, Ramuh hits for 8k, even Irvine debuffing with a shitty knife hits Magic Breakdown for 7.8k.

dIQdxEa.jpg

GET SHIT ON

Road

Stuck on Iguions for the past 30 min because there always someone being petrified within the four rounds I need to finish the fight...

Edit: "Allowed" to move after 40 min and 25 s/l.

Edit2: Boss rush done. Easy aside my fight with RNG above. I even ran out of abilities against Edea and Squall had to Attack by himself but it wasn't a problem (good thing I had Garnet with her soul break). I should have replaced one mage with another melee for Edea, but I forgot she had piss defense from the last time.

toaNKZ-fAQKT9QTf47m-u5PhcEvONULjmmNUTZ4oa0I7=w400-h860-no

Now for the EX++... So many honing decisions... Not sure I'll try it today.

Falk

that puzzling face
Mastered ++ on the second try. Was an idiot and lost two damage medals the first time (pretty sure it was just over too lol)

Definitely in the 'easier-to-clear, harder-to-master' category like Schizo/Proudclad. You need enough AOE juice and/or Bioras to kill at least 1 + half HP the others before sleep wears off. Waterga was sub-MVP again on a 3rd caster.

Found savescumming to get 3 sleeps to land too aggravating, so I just blew them both at the start.

Whaaaaaat? Even with non-RS weapons? Or were you using Galbadian Blades?

Blitz Sword sry :V

But Irvine was using a Mesmerize Blade and hitting Breakdowns for almost 8k. She has like 80DEF

I try to keep myself in the dark about upcoming events/boss rushes/etc., until I get stuck then I'll look and see what strategies other people are using. I didn't realize there were no ether recharges between stages this rush. >_>

Still beat the boss rush on my first try, even without champion ranking on Seifer and Edea.

Now on to the group fight....

Holy Jesus 4 major fire orbs for boss rush

edit: And 4 Black/NE for the superboss.

Yeah, I did a double take at the rewards screen! Awesome!

ETA:
If you need a sleeping gas RW, my code is eDAi .

Added you!

Vorpal

Blitz Sword sry :V

But Irvine was using a Mesmerize Blade and hitting Breakdowns for almost 8k. She has like 80DEF

Aight, I can live with that. Mostly just happy to hear that my melee could be hitting for more than 1500-2000 in an EX battle

Balphon

5 mage group cleared EX++ without much trouble once sleep landed. Lost a medal for actions but that was probably inevitable.

Almost did need that third Biora since Quistis was pretty much completely useless even with -ja spells. Vivi and Rinoa did most of the heavy lifting.

Falk

that puzzling face
You should have put Biora on Quistis with Attunement II tbqh.

Vivi with Waterga and Devotion was hitting over 8.5k for me.

I've actually used all of my stamina on gil farming today. Ran out of money to combine things... Making these 6-star items is expensive, but I finally fully upgraded a Hammerhead axe, Hypno Crown (FF5), Man Eater, Golden Shield, and Gravity Rod. The latter is especially important because it's still my best +Magic weapon. Maybe I should've held off on doing this for the next FF12/FF5 event, though, but at least I have the Golden Shield ready for when I get to those new FF2 dungeons. I was just tired of seeing duplicates in my inventory.

Balphon

You should have put Biora on Quistis with Attunement II tbqh.

What do you think Rinoa was doing? :)

If I had to do it again I'd probably shift some abilities around after replacing Quistis and Terra with Selphie and Gordon. But it all worked out.

Falk

that puzzling face
Rinoa has a far higher magic stat. Unless you're telling me she wasn't hitting over 9999

edit: nm, maybe I'm being presumptuous since Rinoa is lv65 here.

That ++.... Wil not be running that for whatever orbs they drop,

So many s/ls to get sleep to land. In retrospect I should have dropped curaja for sleep to hit the third boss when two were slept. Had to back out and hone up a few skills quake to r3 and waterja and lightja to r3 and the second biora to r4, though I barely used one of them so I could have done without. Faith r4 was the real mvp, I burned through all ten uses of it, need to hone to r5 clearly.

Vivi firaja r3 lightninja r3
Rydia valefor r3 biora r4
Garnet Diara r3 curaja r4
Rinoa quake r3 waterja r3
Selphie faith r4 biora r4

This is where having more than one five star rod would have come in handy, 2 four star rods, the rs flag, guard stick and the j staff for garnet that dealt massive damage with Diara.

Edit I mean diaga

Azusa

Boss rush mastered. I forgot that most bosses main dmg is magic and took protect+haste RW. This was a mistake but after countless SL I have managed to kill Edea without taking much aoe lightning damage.

Falk

that puzzling face
That ++.... Wil not be running that for whatever orbs they drop,

Feels like it should be much more repeatable if you don't care about mastery. Slowga picks up the slack and makes it more manageable as long as you get two with Sheepskin (You burst down the 3rd)

They don't hit exceedingly hard like Beatrix either, just because of break resistance and multi-target. And they don't mess up your party actions like Reno. It's all just straight out slugging damage.

Not convinced it's worth farming though. I might as well burn my extra stam today into Phantom Train for dark orbs, and Lord knows we won't have any loose stamina this coming week++

Nohar

Finished with Rinoa's Elites. I'm waiting for my stamina to refill before attempting the boss rush (manageable, though the Iguions are gonna be very tedious; that's a very S/L heavy fight if characters get petrified) and EX++ (I feel like that one will be worse than Reno and Rude... and that's saying something).

Also, please remind me to strangle Wazzy.

Sleeping gas codes added. Now to wait for the day to roll over so I can do the boss rush and then head into S/L land where I still lose due to running out of abilities or something (maybe it won't be so bad while my RS gear sucks I do have, one R3 Quake, 2 R4 Biora, 2 R4 Comet, R3 Shiva, R2 Valefor, R3 Faith :( ).

So many s/ls to get sleep to land. In retrospect I should have dropped curaja for sleep to hit the third boss when two were slept.
Ordinary sleep only has a 30% success rate so I think there will still be some S/L but you essentially don't have to throw away the attempts where the RW hit twice...
I'm at about 28 s/l's so far, trying to get sleep to fucking stick on the trio. Backed out and reconfigured once already too. Rage level rising...
...Apparently sleeping gas is supposed to be 50% on each target so 12.5% of hitting all three? If is the success of normal sleep though that falls all the way down to 2.7% :(

Finished with Rinoa's Elites. I'm waiting for my stamina to refill before attempting the boss rush (manageable, though the Iguions are gonna be very tedious; that's a very S/L heavy fight if characters get petrified) and EX++ (I feel like that one will be worse than Reno and Rude... and that's saying something).

Also, please remind me to strangle Wazzy.
Apparently it is 6% chance but since it is AoE that effectively becomes a 26.6% chance of petfiying one or more party members and if we say they do it a total of three times that rises all the way to 60.4% chance of one or more party members.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's a 9% chance for Petrify

For the lv95 dungeon I just equipped my 4 Jeweled Rings on people because I couldn't be arsed to deal with savescumming that. Not like I wasn't hitting for 9999 anyway with Diaga and Quake.

LucaMac

Recommended order of dealing with the three Stooges? Seifer then FUJIN then RAJIN? They are all getting blasted with aoe spells but who do you send the single targets at first? I'm assuming that is the order of most damaging toward your party?

Had one run and nearly did it but RAJIN ko'd Rinoa just when he was the only one left. The prick.

CAPLOCK EDIT!!!!

How do I quote my avatar? Appropriate here it seems.

Nohar

Fujin is a she. She is quite dangerous because of her magic attacks, and has less HP than the others. I also heard that one of them has a HP-to-one attack, but I don't know which one.

LucaMac

Sorry yea. I know. I mixed up their names. It was Rajin who I left for last and who k'od Rinoa. Fujin has serious magic and is a bit nasty I assume, so I didnt allow her to wake up. I finished FF8 again a month ago so I really have no excuses for mixing them up. I knew which I meant and just wrote the wrong one. Fujin starts with and F aka female. Simples. No more mixy uppy.

Nohar

Arright, Boss rush completed. Didn't have to S/L the Iguions (thansfully), and Seifer went down quickly thanks to my two R4 Biora. Edea was a formality after Magic Breakdown: Advancetaliate made a quick work of her.

Not really looking forward the EX++ fight. This is going to be Reno/Rude all over again, except worse. But I can't ignore those 4 Major Non-Elemental orbs.
I may wait until I pull a new 5* rod (or Quistis' whip) before attempting that one... I'm really afraid that fight is going to be a chore.
I'll also egg Rinoa from level 51 to level 60 (we are going to win a lot of eggs: no point in hoarding them).

Also, no news about the gacha improvement. I'm a little worried we won't get it at all.

LucaMac

It's Fujin who has the reduce HP to one attack. She just did it on me. Sleep only hit the other two so I decided to try blitz her down quickly. No such luck.

PS. I definitely mean Fujin.

How many medals can be lost for mastery on this one? It does look like a case of handy enough to clear but very difficult to master.

Razmos

I think it is such a waste that people are spending all their orbs to hone Biora when Bioga comes out in less than a week

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah it's a 5% chance.

Incidentally, both Fujin and Raijin's move table drops in a ~1/4 chance to use a hi-potion on their turn (i.e. a 1/4 chance to be useless) when they've taken some damage.

Seifer technically is still the highest-priority target, since AOE Fira takes off the most HP when we're talking about vs damage taken medals, but he also has the most HP. I guess that ultimately means that whoever you decide to burst down, when savescumming for a good start he's a far higher priority to be slept (along with at least one of the other two) so he doesn't wreck medals.

I think it is such a waste that people are spending all their orbs to hone Biora when Bioga comes out in less than a week

When you have 500 3* Black Orbs and nothing else to use 3* Dark Orbs on, and Bioga uses different orbs, why not. :V

How many medals can be lost for mastery on this one? It does look like a case of handy enough to clear but very difficult to master.

Nohar

It's Fujin who has the reduce HP to one attack. She just did it on me. Sleep only hit the other two so I decided to try blitz her down quickly. No such luck.

PS. I definitely mean Fujin.

We can only lose 2 medals.

Biora is way easier to hone, and I only own 23 Greater Dark orbs (to hone to R2, it's 15 GDO; to hone to R3, it's 30). Bioga is incredibly demanding in GDO. And another useful 4* ability requires GDO: Ruinga.

Falk

that puzzling face
The one blessing is that 4* Darks are by far the easiest to farm in terms of stamina per orb.

Holy used to be the worst (200+ on average) but that's toned down with Burmecia Elite. Between those and Orb Dungeon I'm not -too- worried about getting a leg up on Ruinga. Possibly even just prepping for 2x r4 Ruinga.

I give thanks that Ruinga and Valefor don't use the same 4* orbs.

After a million s/l attempts I lost 4 medals on EX++. Blech.
Going in with a support and dps seems like a mistake. I should have just went all mages and nuked shit as fast as possible.

Nohar

Suggestion: it may be worthwhile to hone Bio to R4 for this fight if you need a filler spell. Its base damage multiplier is x2.8, but it becomes x5.6* thanks to the trio's weakness, making it more interesting to use than Comet. Combine with Attunement II, and it should be quite effective.

* Assuming exploiting a weakness is a x2.0 multipler.

MicH

I'm having a surprisingly hard time with boss rush Edea. She keeps using Counter Disspel stripping me of Sentinel's Grimoire And Shellga!

I honed two in the hope they will help in the FFIV EX++ and EX+++ fights as those bosses resist every other magic element (well one of them doesn't resist earth but you would have to be desperate to bring quake to a fight against one enemy) and one of them counters physical too.

Nohar

Really, this is bullshit. I hate luck-based fights like that. This is beyond stupid. That's not interesting game-design: that's downright moronic. And I thought the Reno/Rude fight was bad... Urg.

The trio murder squad.
Sleeping Gas RW
Rydia - Eidolon's Bond
Quistis - Attunement II
Selphie - Light of the Fayth (because I forgot to change it to something more useful lol)
Rinoa - Devotion
Garnet - Sky Pirates Pride

I'm surprised that I lost a medal for actions given that amount of damage I was delivering. Perhaps if Quistis and Rinoa were higher leveled I could have. Only things I'd probably change are honing Faith to r3 so that my 3 offense mages can be buffed the entire time, and to give Selphie the other RM that grants haste at the start of the battle. Still takes an annoying number of save/loads to get everything set up right (minimal damage before shell/protect, majority targets put to sleep.)

Edit: Now that I think of it, I probably would have been better off swapping Quistis for my lvl 65 Yuna so I could make use of another summon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom