• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow780

What is this Litho stuff?

I started with 10 and get 2 each wave, so the most I can get is 20, and there are 30 stages total? Should I just use on the last 4 stages of each wave?

Can someone explain this tablet thing to me? I'm not getting it. Do I want to save them? Use them right away? Mog wasn't too clear with his explanation.

I think it's ten to toatal for all five challenges. I'll be doing two on this, four on the final egg day, two on Gil and one each on the mats days. That's assuming the mats go to the inbox and not inventory, will not be expand dint inventory for that,

My four pulls wants as expected, four garbage therees. Two new ones and two that are now 3++ at least.

MicH

I can "practice" on these event dungeons right? Like, I can do it once without betting my tablet to make sure I can beat it, then I can get the forbidden rewards the second time?
Yes. I did all the difficulties up to ++ tier and can still use the lithographs to claim the forbidden treasures. So it seems we're getting 18 in total? We already have 10 + 4 more phases which each give out 2. Japan only got 10 in total

forgrim

Yes. I did all the difficulties up to ++ tier and can still use the lithographs to claim the forbidden treasures. So it seems we're getting 18 in total? We already have 10 + 4 more phases which each give out 2. Japan only got 10 in total

yeah not sure what's going on, but i'm going to use 3 right now, and if we get two more tomorrow, i'll know what's up. if we don't get 2 more, then i'll just skimp one litho on a mat or gold day

My first post on Gaf :O, day 1 player ready to join the Record Keeper Gang :)

I got this on my second individual pull (21 in total, the rest was 3* trash)

eS179rtl.jpg

I really wanted the lullaby rod (dat heal and regen SB) :(

So, the graphics for the different phases when looking at the rewards are wrong, right? They all show orbs except for the last phase w/Squall+Growth Egg

100gem got me a Gravity Rod so I can make it a 4*++, while a 3-pull got me all 3*

Can someone explain this tablet thing to me? I'm not getting it. Do I want to save them? Use them right away? Mog wasn't too clear with his explanation.
Use them on the hardest dungeons you can beat for the added rewards.

The best bet would be the top two you can beat per set, but you can save them if you want smaller rewards from specific days (materials, gils, etc.).

The rewards do go to your item box, so you don't have to make space for the equip mats immediately.

The wording is weird, that you star with ten and get two more each additional set for a total of 18. I'll like other do the top three for growth eggs.

Leviathan is quite easy. Have attempted the final boss yet. Anyone tackle them?

Esprit:'no, it clearly says ten distributed over the event, yet two per day and we seem to have ten on hand now... Hmm

Yeah, kind of confusing. I thought we only got 10 tablets total but it says we'll get 2 per event change so it sounds like 18, as MicH said.

My first post on Gaf :O, day 1 player ready to join the Record Keeper Gang :)

I got this on my second individual pull (21 in total, the rest was 3* trash)

I really wanted the lullaby rod (dat heal and regen SB) :(

Welcome!

MicH

So how do tabs work? You have to unlock the rewards, then beat the dungeon to claim them?
Yeah, unlock the forbidden treasure and clear the dungeon to get the reward

The rewards do go to your item box, so you don't have to make space for the equip mats immediately.

The wording is weird, that you star with ten and get two more each additional set for a total of 18. I'll like other do the top three for growth eggs.

Yeah, just beat Leaviathan twice (second time to get the FT). Waiting to clear the last difficulty level for now :p Seems really tough

forgrim

Esprit:'no, it clearly says ten distributed over the event, yet two per day and we seem to have ten on hand now... Hmm

i used advantalitate and lost two stars, one for action, and one for damage. i couldn't believe i lost one for action considering how fast i tore through them all. my healer just cast shellga and did nothing else but attack my retaliator. power/magic/armor breakdown and boost, then double cut for everyone else.

max stars you can lose is 2 for master btw

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, if you can only unlock the reward once, is there a reason to beat them again? Do they just give growth eggs upon normal completion?

Damn, somehow missed master on the final boss. Need to rerun. Used three lithographs and am 16 major growths richer, damn! Will see what the drop rates are for greater orbs, I haven't gotten any drops yet. Medusa is incredibly easy and gives good exp, maybe viable for a solo run to build exp, particularly for the folks who can use break sword or pretrify to ohk medusa.

MicH

So if we only get the 10 tabs we have now, I'm not quite sure how to spend them. I do still have a lot of equipment upgrading to do so I may just use 2 in every phase or maybe just 1 on armor upgrademat and 3 on an egg day.

Thanks! :)

i used advantalitate and lost two stars, one for action, and one for damage. i couldn't believe i lost one for action considering how fast i tore through them all. my healer just cast shellga and did nothing else but attack my retaliator. power/magic/armor breakdown and boost, then double cut for everyone else.

max stars you can lose is 2 for master btw

Same tactic here and lost 2 medals. I went yolo and removed curaga from yuna and added shellga and protectga, magic+ power + armor breakdowns and advantaliate with cloud,

I had to s/l a bunch of times until I had shellga/protecga + power/magic breakdown all up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
People I have at 50+
Wakka, Cloud, Yuna, Lightning, Vivi, Tidus, Sephiroth, Vanille, Rinoa, Aerith, Terra, Lenna, Rydia, Warrior of Light, Tyro, Squall, Celes

I have every character since launch, and they're all level 30+.

I have 2 major growth eggs. Any character not on the above list I should be paying attention to, either for Record Materia purposes or just because they're good by their own merits?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
People I have at 50+
Wakka, Cloud, Yuna, Lightning, Vivi, Tidus, Sephiroth, Vanille, Rinoa, Aerith, Terra, Lenna, Rydia, Warrior of Light, Tyro, Squall, Celes

I have 2 major growth eggs. Any character not on the above list I should be paying attention to, either for Record Materia purposes or just because they're good by their own merits?
You didn't mention them, but most strats seem to be built around having White and Black Mage's RM2 for the free ability uses. Summoner's RM also gives free summons as well.

People I have at 50+

Cloud/Sephiroth and Vivi probably. The best melee attackers and best mage.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry, I must have asked my question in a strange way.

Those are the characters I have at level 50. I am wondering if I should use the orbs on other characters that I don't have at level 50, to get them to level 50.

Edit: I'm probably just going to use it on Black Mage.

Those are the characters I have at level 50. I am wondering if I should use the orbs on other characters that I don't have at level 50, to get them to level 50.

Summoner's RM2 is pretty good too.

Red Mage

raelly. interesting

Bring Protectga or Power Breakdown as well. The second summon has an attack that is long ranged and hits for three thousand minimum. Probably more like five k on any mage.

Get White, Black and Summoner to 50 immediately. Their second record materia refills a characters skill slots by one each per battle. Makes dungeons so much easier.

Used up 4 of my credits today on the top 4 egg rewards. Will use 4 more on the last dungeon anz 2 on the money dungeon.
Fun battles, but too easy when you can bring any weapon and character. Having to bring along a useless log on the ++ battles and working out how to keep them alive is always part of the fun.

How are you guys avoiding losing 2 medals for damage on the aeon fight? I've done it 3 times now with 3 different setups and always lose 3 medals (1 action, 2 damage) using the advance + retaliate strategy.

I'm packing power break, armor break, magic breakdown, and shellga. Not sure what else to do. Maybe I need to throw in protectga too?

Falk

that puzzling face
Used up 4 of my credits today on the top 4 egg rewards. Will use 4 more on the last dungeon anz 2 on the money dungeon.
Fun battles, but too easy when you can bring any weapon and character. Having to bring along a useless log on the ++ battles and working out how to keep them alive is always part of the fun.

Honestly I'd use 1 each on the upgrade rewards.

Money comes easily. Can't say no to 20 5* upgrade materials (twice)

Road

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing in this event. I just beat everything and this seem so underwhelming...

Anyway, celebration time. My first 5* mage weapon, and it came in a great time as I still haven't managed the Rinoa event ++boss. Was spending one mythril at a time on the banner and stopped when I got my second 5* on the 7th pull (the rest was useless 3* staff). I really want that Lullaby Rod, though...

R5mhyU_RcxF1CIfwmxyxFJTxvf5XY1zFU45zJCmcW82Y8hEPAEC68exyveK0hy1vcz3Nh-b-KW-wlxDjzNKDPgCbzl9FEWBkJsDOVQCJEjsl6IJfJ3HqhwpB3pgYPueJDsMNR0JN1VbPWe8Uspl0bC-NFK8NJREofZNTAl70WZjBbgVNj5fbtRYmSyO43KHszpz2A8aGbOcyomkVAF4a7LHlaSlVKXcrWzYrzAbTOQR58GflBvNB5AhP7VLRDTrn_nxsZh3vR42lQQW1nLhkb4BLhJr7fTtoZ9f77INZhHY86Gjt1EaZV7jPVdTvha4XiDaWaMqJX9pVR4fLzZdyXU-_8K9H23Nx41z7j8kBvDPImbvLHV-Zb35vID2pQ3PvcU0wffmm2YiuGNLY-clSHaiupMFuH4r9kpkkPjiiuMGE3y4KUxmWV8UzFMReSAHqXTcWC3PM6fMpLqVIIGXOX1vaqoe_3E8iE7zAW631uy-fDyhOW1DzViraWzcspyRp1qW2bpj78GRShAiWdF7bsiD5=w250-h860-no
IsTnN22f4fuIXrunkVjJP9xUcZ-uMiJc-AuMiJrtN6o3kNGtJOGP416f1es7O0ajAtRtTUzdmpYli5eQUFsuP_TkdhUPRJGD5D0O2DvIwOxoh-MxKDm9CqI1mFD7hdgHAoZCedxQvjnY0w6HJLLL2IMtssLgT0lMxEKmgk1Ye00meJyJWJ6eE5NqaY39XkQG0IVlzl7jfMbWkk4xdeXCUbTjD6nuOAA1gjgIBJi3ClS3kEY_RzBlMzv_sEDOGzIKD7-glp-VmWzc_hWXX9hVofkaoVTCXGUILjTd3ks4_VxullDoNN65kRERDFGE8Ic-hLxbn-tLOMjHYxdNhJInNhvZwtKuHldSnErOOxW1Y-Gnjkxf7NSaOHlvJMvdACIsUqwCLjxThf2cB2TtEi7KB0-KUFARb4335dRHOLjZxKpIo6lv9bEj4X0YelQlcKhPDEj0IOeev_EtgQp6xEnwpblmWvudWFhwF_quZSZz8Ejy21NGmtiI9hl5hIzax2NhomqU5uN656RNHYc3rnl2YkAM=w250-h860-no

How are you guys avoiding losing 2 medals for damage on the aeon fight? I've done it 3 times now with 3 different setups and always lose 3 medals (1 action, 2 damage) using the advance + retaliate strategy.

I'm packing power break, armor break, magic breakdown, and shellga. Not sure what else to do. Maybe I need to throw in protectga too?

I had protega. Didn't lose any medal to damage, but maybe I got lucky on the bosses attack RNG. This was my team:

MyA-WymEikeUStWJpxMOH_F6PPSw5Nr7sj2ikyRDGVNHtDedFQK9dDYdVx68uGz6mpDcNq3R7PcbJ8WyIyBJrKk_wffsCZKBT0g5LNH9LkR8pOUWGfuKUuareNxBOyVet2vHjPjNhdRNYthL8Pyzg2q4fgLEOPOboGPm8-iIE-PWeWfLEUYijgKcljdep6vNKHCCp2ihfrDG0k0epyLyOoOYCPC60vmxMO3mi7nRB3Iv4JAoEJTFBM3KM-zEaCVCzPUg3F6rnijYq6ipYfGgjAp4wXy71_xyiKgeQWkDu55JgVR9XLgV2HQ0dWBGds20AKX-Giz2YnKalt6yO3grl7EoEr3p13H5pMZ2XCME4epcPsOgqb_1bYj2ZFsEgFkGz7ZK2KX3JVXkGo0vggLa7Arp6qxr1kDq5CNN2uN8bt345G-d6gbJdDcaNlevWJiRohfLW5i4mM8CLT6MUVLyniFDCHcQeS3z_T9g-5-aEEG0bZIY_zIPmGmkes7xBQCzylZGjTAeLgZsZq22ZzJIo1d-=w400-h860-no

I officially have the worst gacha luck in this game in all of GAF, there's no competition.

My 11 pulls were enough to break a man. But I'm not gonna give up. This game won't beat me!

Azusa

Well, that went better than expected

Nice. But I see her SB as useless.

I don't see why anyone who played this game more than 2 months wants to pull on these celebration banners. These relics are old. It's way better to pull on XIV or Golbez&Tellah banner later this month.

BasilZero

That's what you say

That's what they all say

Isn't that his death attack? (Don't quote me on that)

edit: nevermind, I'm thinking of the FF7 boss

I dont think so but I need to reorganize my party.

I've been using Tyro (lol) but removed him (he's lv 56).

I wanna use Squall but didnt get his memory crystal (he's already lv 50).

I also wanna use Rinoa (lv 50) over Aeris (Lv 55) mainly cause she can use the -ja spells but I still like the healing wind from the guard stick I got :(!

That's what you say

That's what they all say
Haven't missed mastering an event since Locke's. I really haven't encountered any major struggles battle wise, it's just I have a horrible selection of natural 5*.

I've been playing since day one and only have ten natural 5* relics, and only four of those have SBs, three of them shared. And five of my ten 5* are doubles. It's pretty dire. The gacha hates me confirmed, but I don't even get that upset anymore. My luck will change eventually, and in the meantime, I'm definitely proof you don't need good pulls to get through this game.

Honestly I'd use 1 each on the upgrade rewards.

Money comes easily. Can't say no to 20 5* upgrade materials (twice)

I have about 50 slots filled with 4 and 5* upgrade materials doing nothing, at this point I'm just throwing them away as i get them, which is becoming frequent.

I went in with this and lost 1 medal to actions using advance + retaliate. Doublehit RM on Fran, haste RM on Wakka, Preemptive Strike and Flash of Light on Mages, SOLDIER Strike on Cloud. Cast Proectga, Shellga, and Breakdowns immediately. I casted haste on Cloud and Fran. Refresh breakdowns and armor break on each eidolon and you'll probably want to refresh Advance and hastes during the last battle to make sure you don't run out. I used Kirin but there's not really a point since if you needed it to survive, you probably lost the medals for mastery, so maybe another haste or something would be a better substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom