• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Jesus, it's times like these that you can't 'fall back' on 3++ synergy equipment for defense.

Only 2 5* armor is really hurting lol. I might have to go with Sentinel Grimoire and try to blow the 3rd Aeon up with every -ja spell known to mankind.

I had protega. Didn't lose any medal to damage, but maybe I got lucky on the bosses attack RNG. This was my team:

I went in with this and lost 1 medal to actions using advance + retaliate. Doublehit RM on Fran, haste RM on Wakka, Preemptive Strike and Flash of Light on Mages, SOLDIER Strike on Cloud. Cast Proectga, Shellga, and Breakdowns immediately. I casted haste on Cloud and Fran. Refresh breakdowns and armor break on each eidolon and you'll probably want to refresh Advance and hastes during the last battle to make sure you don't run out. I used Kirin but there's not really a point since if you needed it to survive, you probably lost the medals for mastery, so maybe another haste or something would be a better substitute.

Yeah, thanks guys. Just got mastery on it. I rearranged again, added protectga, and some rng luck (no hellfire or that tornado looking attack Valefor does) saw me through. Fourth time is the charm! Every attempt was a nail biter though; Bahamut's countdown reached 1 all four attempts lol.

Jesus, it's times like these that you can't 'fall back' on 3++ synergy equipment for defense.

Only 2 5* armor is really hurting lol. I might have to go with Sentinel Grimoire and try to blow the 3rd Aeon up with every -ja spell known to mankind.

I'm not sure you'll be able to take Bahamut down before he uses megaflare. I tried using ja spells my first attempt and I wasn't even close. Maybe if you have boon/lunatic it's possible. I forget what RW I had...

Nohar

Well, I wanted to pull that banner for armors, I guess I got what I wanted: two Emerald Bracers. Funny how this game loves to give me duplicates.

Vorpal

Since the event went live, for some reason my phone (Galaxy S5) has been getting stuck on loading screens at random when finishing or entering battles. Only the app locks up, not my phone. Restarting FFRK fixes it, but the problem has been cropping up semi-frequently.

Anyone else running into this?

Nohar

And I did a second 11x pull... All 3*.

Screw this. Back to hoarding my Mythril until we get the gacha improvements we were promised.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not sure you'll be able to take Bahamut down before he uses megaflare. I tried using ja spells my first attempt and I wasn't even close. Maybe if you have boon/lunatic it's possible. I forget what RW I had...

Well, I did it, countdown 2.

And then out of curiosity, I rolled Fabul for an Advance and did it again with Advance/retaliate and Bahamut-clone died at countdown 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ God damn.

edit: FWIW, On that mage meta attempt, I had Valefor-clone at like 500hp, so I waited, then queued up a Comet, then Mental Breakdown, Firaja, Waterja, Valefor. Meaning Comet kills Valefor-clone, and then Bahamut-clone gets hit by Mental Breakdown and a shit ton of hurt before he even gets his first move. Next turn Thundaja, Power Breakdown (prly unnecessary), Firaja, Waterja, Valefor. He was at 1/3 HP after that and at Countdown 3. Next turn, mopped up.

He definitely countdowns at a faster rate than normal turns though. I suspect all interrupts like the Brynhildr ++

edit2: Also for whatever bizarre reason, he started with a tiny sliver of HP gone. Like maybe 5%. No idea what was up with that.

Damn, well done! How much were your ja spells hitting for? Mine were only hitting for like 4000 IIRC. Advance was doing about 6000.

I need to work on my tactics, obviously. >_>

I went in with this and lost 1 medal to actions using advance + retaliate. Doublehit RM on Fran, haste RM on Wakka, Preemptive Strike and Flash of Light on Mages, SOLDIER Strike on Cloud. Cast Proectga, Shellga, and Breakdowns immediately. I casted haste on Cloud and Fran. Refresh breakdowns and armor break on each eidolon and you'll probably want to refresh Advance and hastes during the last battle to make sure you don't run out. I used Kirin but there's not really a point since if you needed it to survive, you probably lost the medals for mastery, so maybe another haste or something would be a better substitute.
This strat worked like a charm. The only thing I changed was I swapped Kirin for Diaga. (My White Mage has really high MND, so it would hit even more than a retaliate strike.) I also used two Haste RMs, Double Hit, Self Sacrifice, and Prayer of the Cetra.

It was a piece of cake really.

Falk

that puzzling face
Vivi and Rinoa were touching 8000. Quistis sucks and did 6800ish?

Also tickling the prior two to death with -agas and Comet is hilarious but I guess when you have Sentinel Grimoire you can literally take twice as long and still have less damage taken.

Same here. I was wondering what that was.
Did you finish off the last boss with a retaliated Double Cut? I think it's carry over damage because they can't switch bosses between retaliated Double Cuts due to the way the fight is programmed. (Unlike trash mobs where you can have another strike "saved" if the first one finishes the enemy off.)

I went back and did the FFVIII EX++. How did it go this time? + setup:
seiferexchamp_zpsxxwu5raf.jpg

seiferexsetup_zpsrp2oedjb.jpg
MicH it was your sleeping gas that was used (but thanks to all the other people for also providing it, I didn't even have to actively shuffle my modest RW deck...
of course keeping it modest I might unfollow eventually, I see it as more beneficial to not have to shuffle the deck in Fabul castle but also like you don't need more than a few of any RW if you ask me
).

I tried to follow this guide to avoid damage overkill and I must have done something wrong like not accounting for Vivi having attunement II as I was doing nearly 9000 damage with Biora without any form of boosting (in other words he was doing half the fight alone). My quakes were also slightly undercooked (it is also worth noting I wasn't even using the minor boost the Gaia vest gives...that is how terrible my setup was) as a result of the equipment layout. On the other hand I could give Vivi haste sooner.

Haste was crucial here. I even used it on Quistis to help in the later part (when you need to put them back to sleep) and made a mistake after the second RW use. I had Quistis target Raijun who the RW hit. If I had left the targeting alone I think it would have gone onto Seifer instead. That kind of thing could have been enough to cost the battle (some of my close calls were essentially lost due to sleep failing to hit.

Order was Fujin, Seifer, Raijin. Overkilled Seifer and Fujin a tad (Fujin was down before I needed to re-apply sleep, Seifer was rushed because I thought "won't he wake up soon and wouldn't it be easier if I just have to land sleep on one?") and had a few Biora uses leftover.

Honestly I'd use 1 each on the upgrade rewards.

Money comes easily. Can't say no to 20 5* upgrade materials (twice)
If you agree with the stamina costs to obtain equivalent outlined here going one each on the upgrade materials is the way to go as the highest tier of those is better than the heroic growth eggs or Gil (not to mention anything below that which is not listed).

Still I feel Gil and especially Upgrade materials are worth slightly less stamina, than is outlined there actually. 2* and 3* upgrade materials are regular drops in dungeons these days. As exciting as 5* upgrade mats are they are still equal to two 3* mats. Then again the whole you can get it elsewhere logic you would have to EXP as well...

Still with all 10 tablets thrown out at once I'm am tempted to go 3/1/2/1/3 instead of the 2/1/3/1/3 I had planned as I feel the eggs have more utility and only have one farming opportunity per week.

edit2: Also for whatever bizarre reason, he started with a tiny sliver of HP gone. Like maybe 5%. No idea what was up with that.
I noticed a few days ago when going through FFX elites that after Anima being slain I could hit Seymour before he appeared (as in I hit nothing for ~5k damage) could it be a similar thing happened? I can't remember if it was a double cut or not.

Nohar

Did you finish off the last boss with a retaliated Double Cut? I think it's carry over damage because they can't switch bosses between retaliated Double Cuts due to the way the fight is programmed. (Unlike trash mobs where you can have another strike "saved" if the first one finishes the enemy off.)

Probably that yeah.

Anyhow, I'm done pulling until we get the gacha improvements (if DeNa dares to not gives us the one which should be released with Tellah's event... *sigh* I'll stop ranting, that's becoming ridiculous). Next 11 pulls will be on these banners only, nothing else:
  • FFXIV banner: 4 character SBs. Y'shtola has 2 amazing ones (Thyrsus grants the same effect as Sentinel Grimoire with Stoneskin II, and her Robe is an AoE Heal + Esuna), and Thancred's weapon is rather good (4 hits + DEF down, and this dagger has the same ATK as a sword). Also a chance at getting a 5* scepter and bow.
  • Banner 48 (FFVII): Cloud's Organix. Also Barret's relic weapon (I still own 0 5* ranged) and Aerith's hat (+50% ATK for everyone is very nice, although her stats are rather low). Also a Katana and two gloves.
  • Banner 51 (FFXIII): New occasion to get Vega.
  • Banner 56 (FFVIII): Squall's SSB, and no less than 3 ranged weapons (including a whip).
  • Banner 59 (FFIX): Eiko's Flute is an AoE Heal + Hastega. That's amazing. In total, that banner has 5 mage weapons.
  • Banner 61 (FFX): Well, Lulu's Hairpin (AoE Mag+Res buff) and a few good items.
  • Banner 65 to 69: New Soul Celebration, which includes Linoa's SSB.

Ashodin

Well, I did it, countdown 2.

And then out of curiosity, I rolled Fabul for an Advance and did it again with Advance/retaliate and Bahamut-clone died at countdown 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ God damn.

edit: FWIW, On that mage meta attempt, I had Valefor-clone at like 500hp, so I waited, then queued up a Comet, then Mental Breakdown, Firaja, Waterja, Valefor. Meaning Comet kills Valefor-clone, and then Bahamut-clone gets hit by Mental Breakdown and a shit ton of hurt before he even gets his first move. Next turn Thundaja, Power Breakdown (prly unnecessary), Firaja, Waterja, Valefor. He was at 1/3 HP after that and at Countdown 3. Next turn, mopped up.

He definitely countdowns at a faster rate than normal turns though. I suspect all interrupts like the Brynhildr ++

Bahamut takes extra "bleed through" damage that Valefor takes. I confirmed it with a double hit that went past 0 health on my champion run.

Probably that yeah.

Anyhow, I'm done pulling until we get the gacha improvements (if DeNa dares to not gives us the one which should be released with Tellah's event... *sigh* I'll stop ranting, that's becoming ridiculous). Next 11 pulls will be on these banners only, nothing else:
  • FFXIV banner: 4 character SBs. Y'shtola has 2 amazing ones (Thyrsus grants the same effect as Sentinel Grimoire with Stoneskin II, and her Robe is an AoE Heal + Esuna), and Thancred's weapon is rather good (4 hits + DEF down, and this dagger has the same ATK as a sword). Also a chance at getting a 5* scepter and bow.
  • Banner 48 (FFVII): Cloud's Organix. Also Barret's relic weapon (I still own 0 5* ranged) and Aerith's hat (+50% ATK for everyone is very nice, although her stats are rather low). Also a Katana and two gloves.
  • Banner 51 (FFXIII): New occasion to get Vega.
  • Banner 56 (FFVIII): Squall's SSB, and no less than 3 ranged weapons (including a whip).
  • Banner 59 (FFIX): Eiko's Flute is an AoE Heal + Hastega. That's amazing. In total, that banner has 5 mage weapons.
  • Banner 61 (FFX): Well, Lulu's Hairpin (AoE Mag+Res buff) and a few good items.
  • Banner 65 to 69: New Soul Celebration, which includes Linoa's SSB.
I'm gonna do an 11 pull on the Golbez/Tellah banner and the Y'shtola/Thancred banner, and after that, it's hardcore save mode again until Lulu.

Lulu's doll is the one relic I want more than anything in the game.

Falk

that puzzling face

Bahamut takes extra "bleed through" damage that Valefor takes. I confirmed it with a double hit that went past 0 health on my champion run.

Makes sense. Guess that was the second attempt and not the mage meta attempt.

Razmos

Did a 100 gem pull and a single mythril pull on the new banner, got a crappy 4* FFXII axe and a crappy 3* FFVI hat.
That's off to pretty much the start I was expecting.

EDIT: My position was saved before the Iguion fight for some reason, I fought them again and mastered them, but ended up with Quistis petrified and Irivine and Selphie straight up KO'd :p

Also sweet, the forbidden rewards get sent to your item chest

Should just give WoL 2, WoL 3 and WoL 4.

and WoL 5. All different colors. Rangers of Light
I wouldn't mind other FFI "jobs" like Black Belt, Thief, etc, but since they're going with the Dissidia version, it's unlikely.

I do think we'll get at least Garland eventually (though this would of been the perfect time to add him), and Princess Sarah has been playable in a few other games.

I see her being like the support character, to end all support characters. Support 5, Bard 5, White Mage 3, Celerity 3. That would be a nice build I think.

lankelink

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind other FFI "jobs" like Black Belt, Thief, etc, but since they're going with the Dissidia version, it's unlikely.

I do think we'll get at least Garland eventually (though this would of been the perfect time to add him), and Princess Sarah has been playable in a few other games.

I see her being like the support character, to end all support characters. Support 5, Bard 5, White Mage 3, Celerity 3. That would be a nice build I think.

And Matoya for FFI black mage

LucaMac

Forbidden treasures only takes half a full stamina bar? I'll get the last elites done today so.

Ronka Ruins 1 is driving me mad. How did ye master it? Just that and RR2 left. Went in with all mages, summoners and haste RW. Everything doing at least 8500 most 9999 with mental breakdown. I needed another two casts to finish it off and it used wave cannon. I've cleared but failed to master it 3 or 4 times with different set ups. My DPS just doesnt seem up to scratch.

Road

I think I'll just farm 3* dark orbs today -- only have 150 and haven't even honed Biora like crazy. I don't think I've ever even done today's daily except to get the mastery mythrils...

Forbidden treasures only takes half a full stamina bar? I'll get the last elites done today so.

Ronka Ruins 1 is driving me mad. How did ye master it? Just that and RR2 left. Went in with all mages, summoners and haste RW. Everything doing at least 8500 most 9999 with mental breakdown. I needed another two casts to finish it off and it used wave cannon. I've cleared but failed to master it 3 or 4 times with different set ups. My DPS just doesnt seem up to scratch.

As others have said, hastega is "obligatory". It's actually a very easy fight, as long as you know what you have to do, similar to that CPU. Did you champion the trash mob, though? Way harder than the boss...

My video of it: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B...JRP=m22?cpn=Yjpdj96_OBQNroC7&c=WEB&cver=html5

MicH

FT Phase 1 ++ fight was pretty easy for me. I just used my highest level guys and went ham. -ja spells work wonders. 9999 after a Mental Breakdown is great. Diaga is really good too.

MicH

Just went through an Elite dungeon as I wanted to try out Hymn of the Fayth (Lullaby Rod SB). It's really good when you're in tough situations. AoE heal + regen, I very much likey

Brandson

Got Yuna's rod on a 100 pull. That is the first time that has happened for me.

This event is a bit buggy. Each time I complete a battle, after the usual mastery/first time rewards screen, the screen goes black. I have to close the app and restart it, then it goes through the main screen again. Free Mythril in our future for this maybe?

So starting to use tablets now and why is Dr. Mog saying we will get more tablets when the next phase opens up? I thought it was 10 for the event and the change was giving you them all at the start. I think it is just a DeNA gaffe considering the event rewards page has the orb dungeon icons except for phase 5 which is the Squall and growth egg it should be.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just think... if you'd just waited for the gacha % change instead of succumbing to the temptations of the devil you'd have 10 5* SSB weapons in 45 Mythril worth of pulls.

Brandson

Beat the 3 Eidolon EX++ fight with a non advance/reliate setup, but got megaflared with one hit left on the last guy. I used Seph/Wakka/Rinoa/Yuna/Vivi. I like that mastery isn't a requirement to earn the forbidden rewards in this event. I had to s/l once because I didn't kill the second eidolon fast enough the first time, and he started one-shotting my guys with that single target wings attack. The second time I used more spells on him and it went much better. So if you care most about just completing that fight, and not mastery, don't conserve as much for the last eidolon.

Razmos

Mastered the Isaaru fight but had to use the advance/retaliate strategy.
No regrets though because FUCK that fight.

The next ++ fight is the Seymour/Anima/Seymour fight. That probably won't be too hard though, all you need is Death/Break/Break Strike and Carbuncle.

Phase 3 ++ is Black Waltz 1 and Sealion again, so Runic/Carbuncle 4 days

Phase 4 ++ is Ultima Weapon, yikes.

and Phase 5 ++ is the lol tank thing from the FFVIII dungeons. Angel Wing Bolt and Light Rod 4 dayss

BasilZero

I beat Leviathan (did it again for a 2nd time - to get the forbidden rewards).

Seems like there's a timer to get "2" tablets within 33 hours from now for me o_O. So I'm guessing we can get more tablets than the initial 10 they give us?

(Also I'm a newbie....somewhat lol - but what is the advance/retaliate strategy)?

Meier

That's depressing. Thought I'd beaten all of the FF8 event levels before the final 3 that are level 99.. turns out I hadn't played the final classic dungeon where you'd get Rinoa. I was so pumped! Doubt I'll be able to beat her elite version. :*(

Seems like there's a timer to get "2" tablets within 33 hours from now for me o_O. So I'm guessing we can get more tablets than the initial 10 they give us?

It sounds like it but we're not exactly sure because it's running a little different than what happened in JP

(Also I'm a newbie....somewhat lol - but what is the advance/retaliate strategy)?

Retaliate counters just about any physical attack targeted at the user with a regular attack. It counters attacks made by your party too, but instead of countering back at the party member, it attacks an enemy instead. If the attack does multiple hits than that means multiple counter attacks. The bonus is that you don't receive damage from the initial attack.

Advance is Luneth's SB from his Tyrfing weapon which raises Attack a good amount at the cost of your defense. Combine that with how Retaliate works, and you pretty much got a strong attack with almost no downside while both are up. Other party members will just attack the person with Retaliate, and make use of their Attack stat.

Finally caught up with the realm dungeons after falling behind after update 7. I guess it's time to just run dailies now until the next dungeon update. Hardly seems worth it to run bosses for greater orbs now that we know what the conversion rate for orbs is and with the orb festival right around the corner.

Razmos

I highly doubt it, but could Irvine's 10-shot soul break be directed at a retaliate user? :p
I very much doubt it because it would be the default strategy otherwise, but still haha.

I'm also getting ready to catch up on classics. I have all the Rinoa event dungeons complete (apart from the parade float, I've got time for that though) and i'm finished with phase 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom