• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenji

is there a guide on how better do the daily dungeons with descriptions on the enemies' weaknesses and the best strategy?

Orb drop rate for Forbidden Treasure event is not great so far, but ultimately probably cheaper than other methods until Big Texas Orb Fest.

Should just give WoL 2, WoL 3 and WoL 4.

and WoL 5. All different colors. Rangers of Light
Why you thief my suggestion?

Pejo

Just think... if you'd just waited for the gacha % change instead of succumbing to the temptations of the devil you'd have 10 5* SSB weapons in 45 Mythril worth of pulls.

wait what?

that's only 9 pulls worth of mythril unless I'm common core mathing or this post is sarcastic.

Orb drop rate for Forbidden Treasure event is not great so far, but ultimately probably cheaper than other methods until Big Texas Orb Fest.
For this phase dungeons still seem to be a bit better but it can be frustrating spending your way up to the boss and blowing bars on stuff then wanting to do some other content.

Makes me wonder if each phase will have different greater orb drops from the Heroic, + and ++. Still what would be phase 5 be in that case as you've used all 12 orbs up
upgrade material and gil just to annoy everyone

Razmos

Makes me wonder if each phase will have different greater orb drops from the Heroic, + and ++. Still what would be phase 5 be in that case as you've used all 12 orbs up
upgrade material and gil just to annoy everyone
It does.

Phase 1:
Heroic - G. Fire Orb
+ - G. Ice orb
++ - G. Power orb

Phase 2:
Heroic - G. Lightning Orb
+ - G. Earth Orb
++ - G. White Orb

Phase 3:
Heroic - G. Wind Orb
+ - G. Holy Orb
++ - G. Black Orb

Phase 4:
Heroic - G. Dark Orb
+ - G. Fire orb
++ - G. Summon orb

Phase 5:
Heroic - G. Ice Orb
+ - G. Lightning Orb
++ - G. G. Non-Elemental Orb

"Orb" doesn't feel like a word any more

Falk

that puzzling face
wait what?

that's only 9 pulls worth of mythril unless I'm common core mathing or this post is sarcastic.

:)

edit: FFRKI spreadsheet now has a decent enough sample size that unless the community has been super unlucky, 4* orbs from SB Fest are way below (~130stam/orb) the best Elite dungeon alternatives (~85-90stam) for Fire and Ice

Vorpal

Still only doing one single pull on every banner, and I wound up with a 4*+ RS weapon for FF1. I'm okay with this!

TyNpnzP.png

Otherwise cleared the Rinoa/Forbidden Treasures EX+ and ++ without much trouble. Now it's back to the elites backlog.
more like backslog am I right

Vorpal

Soul Cannon: Ruining everyone's day since 1992.

Sure sounds that way! Thinking I'll save V for last and/or later, like Storm Dragon before it. Two months from now I'll be back in this thread all like "PEOPLE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SOUL CANNON GARBAGE UGH"

Barely got mastery on ++

XPcSNcNl.jpg

Got wiped on the first try. Used Boon RW way too early and had nothing left for Bahamut. Times it better on second try and squeaked by. Was hard but fun!

MicH

Slowly clearing the last few classic dungeons (still need a ton of the elites). Just finished Soul Canon and about to take on the dragon after it (Arche-something? The one that comes back undead). Is that the last classic dungeon for now?

I'm at 80 mythril now so I should be able to do two 11-pulls on the last banner of the soul break celebration (want that Vega!). When I've done those two I'm saving up future mythril for Clouds Organics

Soul cannon I found to be fairly simple. Deathed both addons and the everyone used some form of lightning attack, basically brynhilder plus death for the friends. Litja r3 was useful. Oh, diaga with the 5++ jstaff and rs= oooooh boy. When lenna gets her crystal she will be beastly in v events.......:(

insert obligatory EX++ bitching here

e: beat it, but only got expert. Couldn't get Raijin to sleep again to prevent a KO. This was a team of Lv 51s with some 4*+ rods. Used 1 mythril and got the Offense boost

Yogg

I'm curious. How do you guys handle/curate your "followed RW" list ? I unfollow some of them once in a while, but I reached 50 followed today, and it seems pretty high to me. Most of them (46 actually) are unevenly SG/lunatic/boon/advance, and I'm debating trimming the list down to about 30 with a better proportion.

That would make any mandatory future RW much easier to get in the suggestions, and overall limit the chances to get a list of just one or two of the same RW.

How do you handle this ?

MicH

I follow about 50 people. Mostly gaffers as I can't get myself to unfollow them (though I probably should unfollow some of them, sorry :(). I mostly follow the usual must-haves (SG, Boon, Advance etc) and then mostly non-elemantal AoE RWs, but I tend to keep one of each useful SB

If I want a specific RW and it's not there immediately I just run the 1 stamina dungeon a few times until it pops up. I believe there is a cooldown timer in place so you can't use the same RW within a certain amount of time so it's always nice to have multiple friends with certain SBs

My RW deck once had about 50 but when only 5 were advance (that I always want as I am a retaliate using scrub) I was lowering my chances of getting so took it down to around 30 (and also lost an advance along the way, not due to falling out of their list but instead the player decided to change their RW to Cyan for some reason, probably to just annoy everyone following them).

It is about saying to yourself "look, when have I ever completed 10 dungeons in a day let alone needed Status reels in them all?"

I also like to go with the flow and not shuffle (as it is tedious). Usually that means "no advance on this list won't do content x or y then, can still do z".

I'm up at 34 now thanks to sleeping gas (I decided I couldn't be bothered to shuffle at all for that stage, that is also a viable RW strategy, mass add a certain one when a stage needs it).

Some people like to do one stage and retreat from dailies for example. Those people will need more RW.

If I want a specific RW and it's not there immediately I just run the 1 stamina dungeon a few times until it pops up. I believe there is a cooldown timer in place so you can't use the same RW within a certain amount of time so it's always nice to have multiple friends with certain SBs
I think it is the day resets the "used pile" gets shuffled back in but also when you have completed a dungeon. At least I don't recall my RW list changing between when the day changes.

Yogg

I feel pretty much the same. But something unexpected happened yesterday when I put my Sleeping Gas code out there, I got about 30 new followers with advance in less than a day. I couldn't resist the follow-back so I ended up with 25 advance out of 50 followed. I feel lucky about that, but that can make the need of a boon or lunatic quite annoying. I think I'll actually unfollow a good dozen of advance, never thought I'd say that.

Damn, I hoard everything except friends lol. I'm only following 12 people. I think at one time I had a list of 15. I just keep the ones that I use a lot (SG, LH/Boon, Advance, AOE). If I run out or need a specific one I just look at the spreadsheet here, the thread on the official forums, or the huge spreadsheet on reddit and add whatever I need.

Beats trying to cycle through a big list, IMO.

Razmos

Don't you ever get the "I wished that boon/advance would be suggested already!" situation?
Sure, I just reset at Fabul Castle though.

And all the Status Reels Wakka's I added at the start keep changing their roaming warriors as new relics are released and with new events so it's quite a lot more varied than it was at first.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, when I realized that nowadays you can do 9999 in a turn without too much difficulty, I went on another pruning spree for many of the RWs that didn't also debuff. Goodbye Braver, Somersault, etc.

BasilZero

I want to get Cloud's weapon but with my luck I probably wont :(!

Didnt get anything good last time (which was few days ago) - I have 28 mythrils now and I doubt I'll have enough before the selection changes........wish me luck :x

elty

Finally did rinoa ++. Easier than I thought only need 3 S/L. First gas hit all three, then when they reach 40% I used the second charge, except it miss all of them. I quickly kill Seifer. The other 2 wakes up and I resleep raijin. Fujin managed to attack once but died quickly and it is over.

Wait I don't understand how this new event works? I use tablets to unlock the forbidden rewards but I only get x amount a day? Can I get the forbidden rewards multiple times? I'm too tired and the in game description confused me

Edit: I think I get it, is there any reason to use a tablet on the easy dungeon?

Beat ++ with Advantaliate and got an Expert; -1 actions -2 damage. Brought no physical mitigation which was probably the reason

Wait I don't understand how this new event works? I use tablets to unlock the forbidden rewards but I only get x amount a day? Can I get the forbidden rewards multiple times? I'm too tired and the in game description confused me

Edit: I think I get it, is there any reason to use a tablet on the easy dungeon?

no not really unless you've just started playing and you can't beat Hard

Falk

that puzzling face
Answer is we really, really don't know until at least phase 2.

It could be one line of descriptive text or another in error.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Answer is we really, really don't know until at least phase 2.

It could be one line of descriptive text or another in error.
Well, hrm. It's probably worth it get as many growth eggs as you can anyway I assume, since the rest is easily farmable.

Negator

"Oh yeah, I'll just hone this Waterja to 4/5, and these breaks I always use to 5/5, oh man I have so many orbs why didn't I do thi-"

You do not have enough gil.

Nohar

So how many tablets are you supposed to get across the event? 10 + 2 per change over so 18?

From Reddit:

First time posting a topic, so I apologize if it doesn't format correctly.

I emailed DeNA though the "general feedback" help section about all the questions and confusion we've had on the sub about this event and why it's so different from the game mechanics we originally understood it to have. Here's the response they sent me:

DeNA's Support Team Response Hello there,

Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

We appreciate that you took time to inform us about your experience

In regards to your inquiry about the actual event Forbidden Treasure and the Tablets rewarded, as you may have noticed, the Event Rules page states that the maximum number of Tablet will be 10 Tablets during the all event period, 2 Tablets being sent to all players every time dungeons change with a new Phase.

There was an error during the launch of this event that led to the 10 Tablets to be sent all at once to all players accessing the event, instead of the 2 Tablets that were supposed to come along with the 1st Phase.

We have decided not to change the event schedule in anyway, and to keep sending 2 Tablets for the start of every Phase until the end of this event. The new maximum number of Tablets that you will be able the collect is now 18!

When spending those Tablets in Forbidden Treasure, you will indeed be able to unlock 18 Forbidden Rewards instead of 10 as designed originally!

Please be reminded that even unlocked, it is still necessary to complete the dungeon in order to get its Forbidden Rewards.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

END RESPONSE

Wow! Thanks for staying cool, DeNA! Everyone, have fun with those extra lithographs! :D
He added a "proof" mail pic.

In short: we get 8 extra mythrils, and many more rewards overall. Best course of action would be 4/3/4/3/4.
I'm still a little wary. I would appreciate if DeNa could add a news about that in the game.

LucaMac

Really don't know what to do with my stamina. Went phantom train smashing and I've been resetting drops all morning with no GDO dropped yet. Getting close to just dropping it until the new forbidden treasures tomorrow. It feels wrong wasting stamina...I miss Beatrix. It was pricey but at least you could dump all your stamina quickly and feel like you didn't waste it.

EDIT: Realised that with the orb conversion it's not really worth farming greaters so much. Probably better to just spam run the dailies. This realisation comes off the back of 100 stamina for no gdo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom