• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news, and it sounds like you don't need to master the event to get the forbidden awards just beat the boss? Might try throwing myself at leviathan I might be able to beat him with a level 50 party, doubt I can do anything beyond that.

Is the hard math behind relic RS buffs known?

I've read that the buff varies by relic level (in increments of 5), but I didn't know too much else. I like trying to figure things like this out, so I selected a realm at random (FFIV) and looked at all of my weapons there to see if I could figure anything out. I've only come up with some rough data thus far.

- The main stats increased in the following ranges:
+41 to +44 at lvl 10
+60 to +69 at lvl 15
+73 to +84 at lvl 20

- A relic's natural star rating and typing seem to have an effect on how large of an increase RS gives.
Ex:
+73 Atk = 20/20 Mage Masher ++
+77 Mag = 20/20 Ice Rod ++
+77 Atk = 20/20 Defender +
+84 Atk = 20/20 Blood Lance

- Sub stats saw increases of around half what the main stats received.
Ex:
+66 MND vs +34 MAG for 15/15 Rune Staff +
+77 MAG vs +37 MND for 20/20 Ice Rod

Falk

that puzzling face
IIRC, it's
+15lvl at lv1,
+20lvl at lv5,
+30lv at lv10,
+40lv at lv15,

etc. etc. etc.

The differences you're seeing is basically the difference in delta/growth per level that different pieces of equipment have. Star rating has nothing to do with it other than the fact that it determines the maximum level cap, and hence indirectly the maximum extra level bonus an item can have.

It's easy to prove if you have a lv1 5* lying around (lolol) - go into a realm synergy, look at its stats, then exit, level it to 16 and look at its stats again (without realm synergy).

MicH

Current max stamina is 129, right? I just made it to 119. Slowly catching up, all dungeons below difficulty 80 are done. Now the more difficult ones start to appear.

Oh Leviathan is actually a lot easier then I thought, guess I didn't need to hone thundaga to 10 and thundara strike to 8 for it :X

Edit: So I assume the only kind of party that can beat the ++ is someone with level 65 characters and 6-10 usage on 3-4 star abilities since you're basically doing a gauntlet of 3 bosses without the chance to refresh abilities or heal inbetween?

Falk

that puzzling face
If you don't care about mastery, you might as well give it a shot.

Taking as little as possible damage in the first two phases, then having enough nukes to get Bahamut down before Megaflare is a whole different ballpark from losing 2 action, 2 damage, then limping across the finish line with whoever's left standing after the first megaflare.

Not saying it's a pushover but while 110 IS technically higher dungeon level than regular event ++s, the numbers are tuned decidedly lower than expected probably to compensate for no RS.

MicH

Oh Leviathan is actually a lot easier then I thought, guess I didn't need to hone thundaga to 10 and thundara strike to 8 for it :X

Edit: So I assume the only kind of party that can beat the ++ is someone with level 65 characters and 6-10 usage on 3-4 star abilities since you're basically doing a gauntlet of 3 bosses without the chance to refresh abilities or heal inbetween?
I didn't use any level 65 characters (most were 60+ though, one at 51). I brought Boon RW and the only 4* abilities I used were R2 Magic Breakdown and R2 Mental Breakdown as well as R3 Waterja and R3 Diaga

If you don't care about mastery, you might as well give it a shot.

Taking as little as possible damage in the first two phases, then having enough nukes to get Bahamut down before Megaflare is a whole different ballpark from losing 2 action, 2 damage, then limping across the finish line with whoever's left standing after the first megaflare.

Not saying it's a pushover but while 110 IS technically higher dungeon level than regular event ++s, the numbers are tuned decidedly lower than expected probably to compensate for no RS.

Yeah I tried it and I got stomped, even using breaks on Ifrit he's still doing 70-90% of a characters HP per hit, outside of lots of s/l and hoping for him to hit my retaliating Cloud the amount of pure luck to pull this off just isn't worth it.

My party was

Cloud Lvl 50 with retaliate lvl 3 and power break lvl 3
Aerith lvl 50 with curaga lvl 5 and diara lvl 3
Vivi lvl 50 with thundaga lvl 10 and blizzaga lvl 3
Squall lvl 50 with magic break lvl 3 and blizzara strike lvl 2
Tidus lvl 53 with mental break lvl 3 and armor break lvl 3

Tidus and Wakka are my highest level characters at 53

I feel like I'd better spend my time trying to catch up on memory crystals and classic/elite dungeons then throw myself over and over again at a super hard fight I'd only win by miracle

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, in that situation I'd totally go for memory crystals. Even 50 -> 50 broken is a 10% (roughly) bonus to damage or whatever just from equipping one.

Incidentally do you have WH/BM crystals?

Yeah, in that situation I'd totally go for memory crystals. Even 50 -> 50 broken is a 10% (roughly) bonus to damage or whatever just from equipping one.

Incidentally do you have WH/BM crystals?

I just broke WM level cap, I'm currently waiting for stam recharge to get BM's as I'm at 4 shards, then I'll go get WM's second record materia. All the characters above I broke their level cap and then basically side lined them for other event characters who haven't hit 50 yet like Paladin Cecil, Edgar, Sabin, Lightning, and Sazh.

Razmos

Yeah I tried it and I got stomped, even using breaks on Ifrit he's still doing 70-90% of a characters HP per hit, outside of lots of s/l and hoping for him to hit my retaliating Cloud the amount of pure luck to pull this off just isn't worth it.

My party was

Cloud Lvl 50 with retaliate lvl 3 and power break lvl 3
Aerith lvl 50 with curaga lvl 5 and diara lvl 3
Vivi lvl 50 with thundaga lvl 10 and blizzaga lvl 3
Squall lvl 50 with magic break lvl 3 and blizzara strike lvl 2
Tidus lvl 53 with mental break lvl 3 and armor break lvl 3

Tidus and Wakka are my highest level characters at 53

I feel like I'd better spend my time trying to catch up on memory crystals and classic/elite dungeons then throw myself over and over again at a super hard fight I'd only win by miracle
My party wasn't much different except that Cloud was higher level.

Gt568xzl.png

after s/l for 35 min, the rinoa ++ is over

B8fgOqO.gif

I think I'm gonna use my tablets on eggs (after I wasted some of them on quistis and selphie) and GIL.

after s/l for 35 min, the rinoa ++ is over

I think I'm gonna use my tablets on eggs (after I wasted some of them on quistis and selphie) and GIL.
I spent more than 35 on my initial failed (but close) attempts which I retreated on.

Support are saying 18 tablets total (10 now, 2 each remaining phase) so the best use of tablets is 4/3/4/3/4 and to just sell the upgrade material if you don't want to expand inventory. The lowest two difficulties of each are basically daily dungeon levels of reward.

Yogg

Just saw the rewards for stage 2 and 4 upgrade materials, that's going to be tough on the inventory.

Now I'm debating using mythrils on pulls or expanding my inventory to even be able to store those upgrades before I use can use them.

Vorpal

I wish you could use tablets to just farm Forbidden Treasures you've already received. I'm only here for the growth eggs, FFRK!

Just saw the rewards for stage 2 and 4 upgrade materials, that's going to be tough on the inventory.

Now I'm debating using mythrils on pulls or expanding my inventory to even be able to store those upgrades before I use can use them.

At least you can keep them in your delivery box for 30 days.

Razmos

They get sent to item box and stay there for 30 days

MicH

The completion and mastery rewards of those stages still give out a pretty large number of materials so keep some inventory slots open.

I'm so excited for these. I need to upgrade so much stuff!

Falk

that puzzling face
Nice part about white magic is the 2 extra casts meaning you often can simply forgo WHM RM2 and still be fine on uses when you reach the boss.

(Not Diaga atm though, for obvious reasons)

Oh surprise, I am now 0/19 on pulling a 5* on a 100 gems pull. Greatest thing about it is that I keep getting items that are pretty much useless to me. I expect 0/23 by the end of the event including Golbez banner.

Negator

Got so much extra scarletite I had to sell three rows of it just to keep playing. That doesn't include the shitload of them in the box from Tablets.

Balphon

Seymour & Anima felt easier than in the Yuna event even without the RS. Can't say for sure whether they actually are weaker, though.

I had plenty of weapons to upgrade from my many failed 11 pulls for Lightning's saber :(

I have so many great fist weapons and none of the first users really have access to great abilities. The only person who can either use retaliate or the elemental slashes with them is Tyro and he's awful D:

Hey, I actually got a 5* from the 100 gem pull, the Cyclone Grimoire. Neato. :) (Oh, it's non-elemental magic damage too, and it lowers resistance. Cool.)

That makes the last Phase's epic failure a bit easier to take.

So which banner is worth blowing 50 mythril on? I'm eyeing the one with Sentinel's Grimoire and Lighting's Saber or the one that has Sazh's Boon ability.

Nothing good from my 100 gems or 3-pull. I'm really tempted to do an 11-pull on this one but I'm trying to hold strong. I don't have a single katana.

Is Mog any good? I never really looked up his stats/abilities.

Balphon

Nothing good from my 100 gems or 3-pull. I'm really tempted to do an 11-pull on this one but I'm trying to hold strong. I don't have a single katana.

Is Mog any good? I never really looked up his stats/abilities.

The only thing that distinguishes him is having Dancing, but there aren't any abilities for that right now. Aside from that he has magic skills without the stats or equipment to make much use of them.

Road

11 rows of weapon upgrade material (not counting what's in the treasure chest) and nothing to upgrade... The worst is since Japan got the separated inventory, it's feels like a waste to increase current space just because of upgrades because at 270 I have more than enough for equipment.

I know, but when you want to move them to your inventory when you need them, that 10 at a time. I don't have that much space right now.

1. Keep them in the treasure chest. 2. When you have a new 4* or 5* weapon to upgrade, bring them to your inventory. 3. Upgrade weapon, inventory space is free again.

Well, that's if RNG doesn't hate you. I had to bring the upgrade mats from the treasure chest to my inventory from the Festival of Gold because the 30 days were expiring and I hadn't gotten a single 4* or 5* weapon to upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom