• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Not even gonna bother with this stage of the event. Have 0 need for upgrade materials right now, and I don't have the storage space for them.

Shahadan

Not even gonna bother with this stage of the event. Have 0 need for upgrade materials right now, and I don't have the storage space for them.

Same here. I could get the mithrils, but I don't even feel they're worth the headache that will result from having to handle these materials :lol:

broz0rs

So for these two celebration banners I did three 3-pulls, and two 100 gem pulls. All three star relics.

I think the game just convinced me to not pull until the gacha improvements are implemented.

MicH

Holy shit!

After months of getting only 3* and 4* from my 100 gem pulls and never a single 5*... It finally happened. My very first 5* from the 100 gem pull!

zxUMYpm.jpg

Oh my god! That is soo cool! I have no idea if I'll ever use Mog, but the SB I'd pretty cool! Couple it with SG and you can be sitting pretty damn good in hard battles.

Holy shit!

After months of getting only 3* and 4* from my 100 gem pulls and never a single 5*... It finally happened. My very first 5* from the 100 gem pull!

Oh my god! That is soo cool! I have no idea if I'll ever use Mog, but the SB I'd pretty cool! Couple it with SG and you can be sitting pretty damn good in hard battles.

Someone is on a roll! Congratulations!

Now you go back in time and shut up mister 2 Lullaby Rods and Scarf! ;)

I think I'm gonna do a 3-pull on tonight's banner and an 11-pull on the banner with the Vega. I guarantee you I won't be getting any character specific relics though,
I'll get two White Robes instead :(

Negator

Mastered Rinoa++ with the sleeping gas thing. Damn that was rough. Had Quistis throwing Comets at them with Sleep Buster in case not all of them were sleeped with the soul break.

Xetherion

Seymour & Anima felt easier than in the Yuna event even without the RS. Can't say for sure whether they actually are weaker, though.

They're way weaker. Anima only has 72k hp this time, instead of the 100k+ it was in Yuna event. This ++ was ridiculously easy.

MicH

Someone is on a roll! Congratulations!

Now you go back in time and shut up mister 2 Lullaby Rods and Scarf! ;)
Haha yeah, I've been extremely lucky this time around. I now have five unique SBs so that is pretty cool. Too bad Mog is completely useless right now. No access to rods or staves.

Also, wow. I can't master the Seymour battle to save my life! How are you guys doing it? I tried Runic, but I can't really insta-KO the guards as Break Strike always (ALWAYS) fail to inflict Petrify so I can't kill everything fast enough

MicH

I don't have Death :p and I'd prefer not to craft it. I might try Pressure Point instead and bring Carbuncle along

Of course I would pull armour now that I have a horrible blight of weapons upgrade. Only doing three pulls on these celebrations, got one 5* so far which funnily enough is also the non-featured Edincoat so that is probably my lot of luck here. I've also combined some crappy shields and got the worst pull of them all, black cowl...the day after I made a 5* one (got a few RM in getting that drop so not a total waste) and my other FFIV gear makes me think I don't need a second one.

Seymour & Anima felt easier than in the Yuna event even without the RS. Can't say for sure whether they actually are weaker, though.
Kind of:
Yuna EX++ Anima 100k HP, 365 mag, 305 def
Mog EX++ Anima 72k HP, 410 mag, 280 def

An unmitigated pain nearly OHKOd level 65 cloud in this event.

For comparisons sake:
Macalania Temple Elite Anima 127,512 HP, 371 mag, 220 def

Same here. I could get the mithrils, but I don't even feel they're worth the headache that will result from having to handle these materials :lol:
Is the interface really that bad for you when it comes to selling selling materials? Unless the 3 mythril you get (assuming 4/3/4/3/4 spend) will have to spent on space to sell the things (protip, the same can be done on the 4th round).

Mastered Rinoa++ with the sleeping gas thing. Damn that was rough. Had Quistis throwing Comets at them with Sleep Buster in case not all of them were sleeped with the soul break.
I did a similar thing. I used sleep instead as I could apply that to already sleeping targets near the end of the battle (most other debuffs overwrite themselves if they are already applied* so I assume is the same).

*-I'm taken back to that time when I overwrote magic breakdown with magic break (meant to use power break) when fighting the storm dragon.

Also, wow. I can't master the Seymour battle to save my life! How are you guys doing it? I tried Runic, but I can't really insta-KO the guards as Break Strike always (ALWAYS) fail to inflict Petrify so I can't kill everything fast enough
Break strike is shit. 15% chance of petrify vs. the 25% break normally has.

Pressure point is more negotiable with 50% death rate (Death has 70% but needs to be R2 to have two uses).

I don't have Death :p and I'd prefer not to craft it. I might try Pressure Point instead and bring Carbuncle along
Pressure point works (I wanted double cut access for advance+retaliate
should have bought Tyro instead
). I was also able to finish the fight within one Carbuncle cast but no idea how tight the timing was to achieve that.

LucaMac

Probably the whole not having to beat Anima before Oblivion thing on top of the lower stats too. Takes the pressure off significantly.

Nohar

Well, Seymour was a walk in the park. I expected a much more difficult fight. I just Death'd one of the body guard, Magic+Advancetaliate the second, applied Magic Breakdown, switched to phase 2 quickly, beat Anima in a record time of two turns (she never used her attack, just used Focus), cast Carbuncle and finished Seymour. I didn't even aim for mastery, and I still got it. Nice.

Anyhow, back to EXP dungeon. Leveling Eiko, Red XIII, Wakka (we have a FFX event in the near future), Linoa and Aerith (Zack's Event). All of my FFIV characters are already between level 62 and 65, so I'll just have to egg the newcomers. I guess I won't use Kain though, since he is behind both Cecils in terms of stats (he still has a slightly better DEF stat than D.Cecil, but D.Cecil has +1150 HP, so it is a no brainer).

Azusa

Decided to just rip the band-aid off quickly and get the relic draws done straight away.

2 useless 3* items again
Same here, again. I'm doing 2 pulls per SB phase and no luck so far.

Finished phase 2. Unlocked + and ++. Everything was easy.

MicH

I'll try the Seymour battle again tomorrow. Need all the exp I can get today! Mog mastered his SB in less than 105 stamina worth of the exp daily. Pretty amazing how easy it is to master SBs there

Also, my 6* Judgment Staff has more mind than my 5* Lullaby Rod (both at max level). That's pretty crazy. I might just go ahead and combine my two Lullaby Rods as I don't think I'll ever need three white mages all at once. Pretty good magic stat too (same as my 5* Hunter's Rod -100)

Razmos

Another pull another 3* just another Record Keeper day

I can't get past Anima, she uses Pain and insta-kills a party member every single time without fail.
I'm using Status Reels + mental break and trying to burst her down as fast as possible, but she only needs to attack once and my run is ruined :/

Azusa

I can't get past Anima, she uses Pain and insta-kills a party member every single time without fail.
I'm using Status Reels + mental break and trying to burst her down as fast as possible, but she only needs to attack once and my run is ruined :/

Remember, you don't need to master this dungeon to get locked rewards. I have finished ++ using random retaliate party and got Novice in the end. Doesn't matter as locked rewards much better than mastered.

Hachitora

Damn, how did I not know this game existed??? Started playing this last night and having a good time so far. Love how it uses the music and fanfare from each game.

Also, when I did that first draw, I got a 5 star weapon. Is that scripted or is it random like the rest?

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess it's scripted now, either that or massively inflated chances on that first pull to accomodate reroll culture for new players.

Giard

Just got the Cyclone Grimoire for Tyro... worst animation ever. I guess I still might start using him though.

Thought about making him use Summons, which are the best to have/hone? Note that I'm pretty much limited to 3* abilities.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you want a long-term investment, Final Fantasy as a franchise has a very proud history of lightning-weak bosses. Especially the cyberpunk ones.

(RAMUUUUH)

MicH

So what would you guys prefer for me to put up as my RW? I think these are my best options:

Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth (AoE heal and heavy regen to all allies)

Mog's Heroic Harmony (Lowers attack and magic of all targets by 30%)

My other SBs are Squall, Fran and Lightning which aren't as good as those two

Falk

that puzzling face
Mog's has a very limited use as a RW to be honest. The only time it makes more sense than SG is:

1) You have an SG, so you want to stack mitigation (in many cases Boon/LH still wins out because of the DPS increase even with less mitigation)
2) Boss dispels buffs with abilities like Pyramid lol

Hymn of the Fayth is one of the strongest healing RWs right now. In normal cases, SG would always be superior to healing because of damage taken medal mechanics, but the regen factor is not something to sneeze at.

Meier

I didn't realize how the tablets worked. Should I be saving them up or is it basically always 1 to get the forbidden reward?

MicH

Mog's has a very limited use as a RW to be honest. The only time it makes more sense than SG is:

1) You have an SG, so you want to stack mitigation (in many cases Boon/LH still wins out because of the DPS increase even with less mitigation)
2) Boss dispels buffs with abilities like Pyramid lol

Hymn of the Fayth is one of the strongest healing RWs right now. In normal cases, SG would always be superior to healing because of damage taken medal mechanics, but the regen factor is not something to sneeze at.
Thanks for your input. I definitely agree with your points. Personally I'm really looking forward to us getting Mog's buff so he's actually usable. Tight now he's worse than god damn Kimahri because he can only equip daggers and Spears, yet he has 0 physical based skills. Heroic Harmony + Sentinel's Grimoire/AN Hastega RW sounds incredible.

For now I think I'll keep Yuna up. Not a bad RW for the Seymour battle either if you're using Carbuncle strat

Negator

Try putting Sky Pirate's Pride on your support and Magic/Power break Anima before it acts. Yes, it's a pain in the ass.

I didn't realize how the tablets worked. Should I be saving them up or is it basically always 1 to get the forbidden reward?

Look at the upcoming event days, figure out if your team can beat either the + or ++ difficulties, then go from there based upon what you need and how many tablets you have left. Easy and normal forbidden rewards aren't really worth it unless you know you can't beat heroic or the +/++ difficulties. Just plan it out so that you use all of them on something before the end.

Also I didn't really think about FF2 as a game with a lot of playable characters until I went to put my ff2 characters in my party and realized I had 4 already. None of them seem to be any good and are mostly carried by the mage I brought with them (Vivi) but its weird to think that a game like FF2 has more playable/potentially playable characters then most ff not named 6

I wasted most of my stamina yesterday, I was on a road trip with friends and ended up going to three craft beer breweries, so my plan to empty out on the drive home was squashed as I was not even close to coherent (manged to auto-battle the first four event stages at least). And today is still EXP Day, so I'll have to finish up Phase 2 tomorrow morning.

My Banner #2 pull. My 3★++ arsenal is getting crazy. Still lacking another character relic. Maybe tomorrow?

COOL1ijUAAAQc6j.jpg:large

Falk

that puzzling face
If I hadn't pulled a 5* armor today (e.g. I still had 2 5* armor total) I would have shot you with a baseball bat for that pull.

If I hadn't pulled a 5* armor today (e.g. I still had 2 5* armor total) I would have shot you with a baseball bat for that pull.
I was a little ambivalent with the pull, I'm taking it that I should be pretty pumped for the armors? Didn't even think about that, makes sense though.

The 4★ and 3★ armors were all combinable too (have a 4★++ Red Jacket now).

Xetherion

So what would you guys prefer for me to put up as my RW? I think these are my best options:

Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth (AoE heal and heavy regen to all allies)

Mog's Heroic Harmony (Lowers attack and magic of all targets by 30%)

My other SBs are Squall, Fran and Lightning which aren't as good as those two

Don't you have the Sleeping Gas SB as well? I find that more useful than any of those tbh. I never use healing SB's, i only used mitigation (SG) in the Blue Dragon++ Edgar event, and the rest aren't worth using except Lightning in XIII realms.

Falk

that puzzling face
The ranking for armor in terms of stat usefulness is typically:

Bracer > Helm/Light Armor/Hat > Robe > Heavy Armor

I dunno, people seem content to forgo some defensive stats in favor of pumping MAG or ATK as high it will go. It generally works too, since if a boss is doing too much damage there's SG/Boon/LH to fall back on, and it's hard to have too much ATK/MAG.

Most boss AOEs are still magic. I mean, there are some McHurty physical boss abilities like CT0 (lol) but generally you get way more use out of RES than DEF at this point.

Not to mention that if someone is standing in the front row, he's probably retaliating and can't be hit by single target or AOE physical anyway outside of certain special abilities, so who cares about DEF.

MicH

Don't you have the Sleeping Gas SB as well? I find that more useful than any of those tbh. I never use healing SB's, i only used mitigation (SG) in the Blue Dragon++ Edgar event, and the rest aren't worth using except Lightning in XIII realms.
I do have the AoE Sleep SB, but I don't think it's as useful in general. It seems to be the most useful against a certain few bosses, but I'm not completely sure on that. But I guess all my SBs are niche in one way or another :p

Balphon

Try putting Sky Pirate's Pride on your support and Magic/Power break Anima before it acts. Yes, it's a pain in the ass.

There's no stage transition to Anima so you can just have your support wait at full ATB when Seymour summons her (or even queue up their breakdown right after the hit that will bring Seymour below half). Haste isn't critical.

Razmos

Finally managed to beat the anima fight earlier, I got a novice and nearly all my party was dead but I managed it and was glad to put such a stupid fight behind me.

Then, clearly not having enough punishment for the day, I decided to try and beat the Macalania Temple elite since I had my abilities all set up for Anima already, and the one I just beat was difficulty 110 right? so a difficulty 79 should be NOTHING in comparison.

SO WHY THE FUCK IS IT EVEN STRONGER. GAHHHHH. Not content with having the boss being able to one-shot a character whenever it pleases they decided to make it tanky as hell too so that I ran out of abilities and had to resort to using normal attacks until (what was left of) my party got wiped out by Oblivion.

I've said for ages that I don't want to resort to using cheap tactics like Advance/retaliate, but I can see why people use it when the fights are ridiculously cheap and luck based like the anima fight is.

Sigh. I love this game, but then I get shitty draw luck and annoying as hell dungeons at once and it just kills my enjoyment of it.

On a side note, what type of attack even is Pain? I hit her with a power breakdown before and she still managed to do 4000+ damage with it

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe if you did Black/Power daily you wouldn't run out of abilities <___<

Friendship Pain is Magic

To be absolutely honest, I don't see how Anima is luck based. Not in comparison with Reno/Rude, or Seifer trio. Heck, even Magissa and Forza was more luck based because you'd be trying to land a silence on Magissa, and then trying to land a sleep on Forza when he shows up. Good times.

Balphon

On a side note, what type of attack even is Pain? I hit her with a power breakdown before and she still managed to do 4000+ damage with it

Magic.

There really isn't much random chance involved since their attacks are relatively easy to mitigate. It's mostly just a check on how honed your abilities are.

I think I'm going to have to do the black/power daily I've just run out of black orbs and lesser power orbs which I need either for quests or for refining the aga spells to 10

Red Mage

Magic.

There really isn't much random chance involved since their attacks are relatively easy to mitigate. It's mostly just a check on how honed your abilities are.

Yep, only luck based with the Pressure Point KO. Now that Seifer city was some luck based nonsense.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Really been doing some good catch-up the last few days. Making good progress on the unfinished classics, hit the dailys a bit today, working on going back and doing some of the Elites to get scattered memory crystals. Don't feel like I'll ever be able to get back to the cutting edge without paying, but feel pretty good that I'm catching up a bit.

Red Mage

BTW, Tellah's event comes out the ninth, right? Isn't that the same day as the last Forbidden event? If so, will that have the bonus on its pull?

Nohar

BTW, Tellah's event comes out the ninth, right? Isn't that the same day as the last Forbidden event? If so, will that have the bonus on its pull?

1cf3c272-cab9-355e-9d4c-439048d65bb2.png

Tellah's event is released the ninth, but the last forbidden event will be released the 12th.
Also, we have yet to see the confirmation that we will get the gacha improvement.

https://cdn-image.pf.dena.com/b0bf411b1e59ff824059847b9384dcc0134c5eba/1/1cf3c272-cab9-355e-9d4c-439048d65bb2.png [IMG]

Tellah's event is released the ninth, but the last forbidden event will be released the 12th.
Also, we have yet to see the confirmation that we will get the gacha improvement.[/QUOTE]

What are the exact gasha improvements anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom