• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got another character relic, hoorah or something.

COV-wisUEAAoKlj.jpg:large

pathos11

I was excited about this banner. Really, really wanted Vivi's weapon (Tidus' would be good too).

11-pull. Two 5* orbs showed up!

...both Diamond Pins....

I hope ya'lls have a Level 1 in reserve that can do water or ice damage cause that first stage Mastery needs both and one shot from a low level nukes the boss.

Forst Bow does NOT count as ice damage, apparently (says it does wah).

AYE. Mog, he can do the Black.

So that was fifteen stamina down the drain (okay, that's not a lot).

Still, enjoy the tip.

I wanted basically all of the five stars of this one, all useful to my needs. Got the tidus weapon! Awesome, now a kick ass x retaliate weapon. To bad my tidus has been capped since he was broken so long ago. Also got the I 4 star sword defender and a 4 star iv light armor that will be useful in the next event. 7 of the 11 were weapons and only one dupe trash so useful with all these mats laying around. Still have a number in my inventory let alone my inbox.

Road

My fourth draw:

ZHErWAj3PDeyDbf924za6OZlsJu4a3hrP9DHNQuqQQlceTVc0boXd4iu6tU5_ScoAUvJ6bDqZtr_q1hxW-GSjJZocC_OqtyjCizTKOgPOokTG3bounAmoJT-ayBZ3gRJGzVNq3B-m13N1_oGa-WFMGS8lNx6qhLwlRLx3r2-u-yWtTamxR2JMDU2UkXHwFAo2kM8LEPjCSHkW90ydh4Fu8g2N7OU6OB-y2nmA3dwwVObjue7kqXV0L_75K9VGsUGk8wPtgrWe-UeWgH0aKq5kRI8RfRbVXkQnGLicjCsjiF9NpzdhzqxzF8olmOpu-I-B8Tzg1-KVX9tTZ-AlBuawCnNbMXDnv7Q4cCj9hxhBvH5-0c4FCNS-DmRXBD4I6VX_8oVz75M9dqRA3HkPGJZjo88SUNPuObRhTc-LhW-Muc2u1bEfURzk2T7rBafAvTc5IHGg3jLxuqm_lYlWQdz4SQESrywUv2e_GNrsMbmPFw7hvsqvtX76mI5tWwOwtlzkCxDdmg91gRE9g4vPJf44n9d=w200-h869-no

With that, my luck on this banner has been spent and I just saw my Oak Staff flying away. It was so close, within arms reach....... At least it should be useful to spend my upgrade mats.

Brought Waterja and Blizzaja on Quists to the ++ as a carry over from the previous fight, so she just stood there looking at Sealion. haha I blame it on this event being relatively easy and today even easier due to Intimidate and Carbuncle, which made me not care as much and double check my party.

As for the Ifrit fight, I just brought my level 40 something Red Mage (one day I'll get his Memory Crystal...) with bare hands using Water and Blizzard (no, I didn't sell them).

EDIT: Gonna keep Balthier as my Roaming Warrior for the next couple of days, in case anyone wants to use him against the Bagamnan in the event: 9ty2. (Will switch back to Quistis after that).

EDIT2: Just realized the more things change, the more they stay the same. As a beginner, I (and everyone else) was flooded with XII equipment. Months later, 4 our of my 11 natural 5* are from FFXII...

Well grats on the usual series of good pull guys. Here, 0/20 on getting a 5* with a 100 gems pull. Event so far has been 9 3* with shit like Mage Masher and the like and a 4* I don't think I will ever need. I'm once again... overjoyed.

Kenai

I knew I'd love this banner. Got the generic slowing spear and the new Tidus Sword from a single 11 pull (I am an idiot so i have no idea how to take a pic of my pulls from my phone).

Red XIII's pin still eludes me and I won't have enough mythril for the other banners if I spam this one, but I won't complain, my only other character SB is Locke and that 50 cap sure is cramping his style.

Xetherion

Got Vivi's Oak Staff from my 11 pull! Got him rockin 319 MAG as my RW, if you want to add my code is erW5.

Man with this and Steiner's Defender, IX realm dungeons are gonna be cake.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Grinding for Record Materia really is worse than doing draws. Why would they make this RNG instead of challenge based like the White/Black Mage ones?

Grinding for Record Materia really is worse than doing draws. Why would they make this RNG instead of challenge based like the White/Black Mage ones?
I would like to see more Challenge based ones, but considering how many RMs there are, it makes sense most of them are drops.

That being said, they should increase the drop rate, though in that regard I've been pretty lucky as I have all of the currently available ones with very little grinding required to obtain them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would like to see more Challenge based ones, but considering how many RMs there are, it makes sense most of them are drops.

That being said, they should increase the drop rate, though in that regard I've been pretty lucky as I have all of the currently available ones with very litter grinding required to obtain them.
It's funny, I was trying to do Summoner and Joseph at the same time. Summoner gets it doing the first dungeon, while I'm still grinding away with Joseph. It's kind of silly, especially when you don't gain anything from it outside of some paltry XP.

Vorpal

xZq0idn.png

Broke the no-5*-on-100-gem-pulls streak! Hyphens! I'm happy to have an RS weapon for IV.

Otherwise I've been way too hooked on Phantom Pain this week to keep up with FFRK. So glad the Orb Fest isn't happening right now.

ssSGcdbl.png

I am now officially a member of the Cult of Three. I could care less about the Shield as I have 5 better pieces of armour. However, I finally have a 5* rod with the Oak Staff. Its a good change from all the swords I have been pulling.

MicH

Gah, I don't know if I should pull on this one. Some really good relics and I could use all of them. But I really have my eyes set on the Vega/Shear Trigger in phase 5. Maybe a 3-pull...

EDIT Did a three pull. All three stars :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Let me laugh at all of you today to get my fill.

Because I'm pulling up to 150 Mythril on Golbez banner tomorrow (wru FFIV synergy) and you can laugh at me then.

Let me laugh at all of you today to get my fill.

Because I'm pulling up to 150 Mythril on Golbez banner tomorrow (wru FFIV synergy) and you can laugh at me then.
I would do something similar, however I'm also considering holding off on pulls for the XIV banner (we should be getting that sometime this month, iirc). Those really seem like some great relics.

Azusa

2x 4* at least one of it a healer stuff and I could upgrade mine copy.

Tomorrow I'll do 11x, 3x and 1x pull on Golbez. I want to save 50 mythril on FFXIV banner too.

MicH

I'm throwing everything I have at phase 5. If I get the Vega I'll stop and save the rest for the XIV banner too (maybe a pull on the Golbez one if I have enough)

The phase 3 ++ battle is incredibly easy compared to phase 2's Seymour battle. Runic RW and go crazy with Fire. Lost 0 medals for damage

Nohar

Special Gil dungeon completed. Easy enough. Back to farming tuesday for orbs. I could have waited tomorrow, but I needed to get that out of my system.

Got a FFV 4* Hypnocrown from the Gacha yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. Well, now I have a 4*++ and a 4*+ (yup, I got a lot of those). Since it is a very nice piece of armor, I'm not complaining in the slighest. My Emerald Bracers outclass them now, but for FFV synergy, this is going to be godly.

Mitigation makes such a difference. No mitigation (it wore off as I got a dumb idea to shellga at the start) tsunami was doing like 2k while shellga and magic breakdown wasn't even doing 300.

Why even bother with the ifrit levels?
Fighting? 8 stamina for 15k gil (provided you don't goof up and fail to get champion) is a slightly worse rate than heroic dailies. Now the phase 4 equivalent..that can seriously be skipped. edit: make sure to get Frion or whoever though.

But if you mean using tablets on it I agree:
I'm done with today's battles.

I used tablets to get all six Forbidden Awards, so I'm at four million Gils now.
You just lost 40k gil. You see had you used a tablet on a Heroic upgrade materials dungeon instead and sold the forbidden rewards instead that would be 50k gil compared to the 10k gil the normal gil dungeon has rewarded you.

Razmos

Still no 5* items from the 100 gem draw, but I did get a 4* Ten Gallon Hat today, which I combined with the one I had. That's a fantastic hat so making it 5* is awesome.

Then I did a 5 mythril pull and got a 4* Hypnocrown which is also quite decent.

261a5ac02e8d08409d1cb8372870f838.png

I don't mind not getting 5* as long as I get something usable.

Falk

that puzzling face
I generally don't combine my 4* mage armor since most likely I'd be using both in that realm synergy.

Had two 10-gallon hats since forever. Then I got a 3rd one. OK game, you win. One 4* and one 4*+ hat now.

Razmos

Does Summoner have a huge "Hit me!" sign on her somewhere? it's not showing up on her sprite and yet all the enemies seem to be doing exactly that

Adeptrain

Evening all. I got access to NA Google play recently and downloaded this game :) It seems great so far, but I'm completely lost. I just got Cloud, did a free relic draw and looking at all these options going...now what?

Anyway, my friend ID is BUqh.
Please add if you have have room on your friend list.

Finally, and tips on what I should be doing right now? There are so many events going on, like the forbidden treasure event? Oh, and quests..they need to be accepted before they will clear right? Because I did the free relic draw and did not get credit for a free relic quest..because I hadn't accepted it yet...correct? Thanks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Evening all. I got access to NA Google play recently and downloaded this game :) It seems great so far, but I'm completely lost. I just got Cloud, did a free relic draw and looking at all these options going...now what?

Anyway, my friend ID is BUqh.
Please add if you have have room on your friend list.

Finally, and tips on what I should be doing right now? There are so many events going on, like the forbidden treasure event? Oh, and quests..they need to be accepted before they will clear right? Because I did the free relic draw and did not get credit for a free relic quest..because I hadn't accepted it yet...correct? Thanks.
Yes, you need to have the quest active for it to count.

If you are new, you won't be able to do much of the events. Starting out, you basically are going to clear the dungeons to increase the stamina that you have and to get the rewards that they give you, and also to unlock some new basic characters. The quests actually start off by guiding you toward making abilities that will be useful early on.

Razmos

Got Summoning Spring 2 on literally the first round of my first fight with Summoner in my party.

Oh god, there goes any luck I was building up for relic draws in the future.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you're diligent enough you should have a party that can clear some of the last phase of this Soul Break fest event which should be in about 3 days and end in about 5. Even clearing Normal and/or Hard will give you a stash of XP eggs that'll be quite the boost.

But yeah, for now, keep clearing classic dungeons. The game basically has a set of progression content (the paintings) and time-limited events. Your first short-term goal should be getting a core team up to the point where you can obtain the Event characters from each time-limited Event. By the time the Tellah/Golbez event ends, you should be able to get them. They're a solid white mage/black mage pair.

What you need to know: The core class characters suck, and so does Tyro, but it's a tough choice when just starting the game on when to swap to other named characters you have since those named characters will start from lv1 again. Thankfully, the XP eggs mentioned above should help you boost some.

In terms of gear, keep in mind that the initial star ratings are very clear tiers of power, but also that Record Synergy (e.g. using FFIV gear in FFIV events/realms) is a huge boost.

In terms of abilities, to start off, Double Cut is a primary damage ability (2*) that is still key today. Elemental spells are a good bet for all-purpose damage, and you definitely want heals. Try to hone abilities rather than creating new ones - r3 is when they start to have enough lasting power for events and such.

This tablet dungeon thing is just really not fun. I'm not enjoying it at all. I'd rather pass on the bonuses if it means we could go back to the old event style.

Razmos

Now that i'm able to use Summons reliably, who is the strongest summoner out of Rydia, Eiko, Garnet and Yuna?

I'm considering using Yuna as my dedicated summoner

MicH

Now that i'm able to use Summons reliably, who is the strongest summoner out of Rydia, Eiko, Garnet and Yuna?

I'm considering using Yuna as my dedicated summoner
Garnet has the highest MAG stat, Yuna DEF and Eiko RES + MND (This is not including Rydia who I believe has 2 more MAG than Garnet)

Garnet's default SB is by far the best imo

EDIT Rydia has 120 MAG, Garnet has 119

Garnet has the highest MAG stat, Yuna DEF and Eiko RES + MND (This is not including Rydia who I believe has 2 more MAG than Garnet)

Garnet's default SB is by far the best imo

EDIT Rydia has 120 MAG, Garnet has 119

chocobo is such a garbage default sb. I am not looking forward to seeing that available for use during this event. Do not have a shared sb item she can use unfortunately.

Edit: since I pulled the tidus sword, looking at when I will actually see the soul break in action and use it in realm, thankfully it seems the next dungeon update or two includes X maps and the Auron event is coming up in three or so events. Need these second cap breaks to start up to use some characters again.

Falk

that puzzling face
Uhhhh. Rydia is tied for 2nd highest MAG after Vivi. 148MAG

You didn't forget to level them did you :p

Razmos

I dislike using Rydia, something about her child form just makes me think she's weak, even when she's not.

I'll be using her in the upcoming event though because my only FF4 mage weapon is my 5* Blitz Whip

Meier

Used a 3-pull and got a 5* which was awesome but it was the Behemoth Knife rather than a person specific item. Kind of a shame but it certainly could have been worse. Got a useless 3* robe that was a lesser version of the 4* robe that I got on the same pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom