• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beelzebubs

New event for Tomorrow. Light Against the Darkness 6:00pm 4/7 PST (2:00AM 4/8 UTC)

A legendary character faces a struggle within, the dark side against the light. Face the challenges of Mount Ordeals to cast off the shadows of the past.

Sounds like the Cecil event.

GAMERG0D

They do. I'd imagine that's what the Kazekiri are for (you get three copies of a fist weapon for Tifa in the course of climbing the tower, too).
They work very well upgraded, especially in the V dungeons. The only other weapons he can equip are daggers. Kunai good in IV dungeons I guess.

jwhit28

I like this game. The action is much less involved than Terra Battle (the only other mobile game I really play) but there is so much other stuff to keep track of out of battle.

Would be nice to have someone from V or VI since those worlds are playable. And have the hardest elites. I honestly thought Cyan was going to be the first added/

elty

New event coming Light against the darkness 4/7 6PM PST!!!

FF IV event according to wiki. Seems like a good time to bring back the white mage as boss has high AE attack.

Stuff you will get in the event
Characters
Cecil (Dark Knight)
Cecil (Paladin)

Equipment
Chocobo Feather (accessory)
Earrings (accessory)
Power Wrist (accessory)
Silver Spectacles (accessory)
Star Pendant (accessory)
Talisman (accessory)

http://chrysaliswiki.com/guides:the-light-that-pierces-the-darkness-ffrk

User on Reddit, haha!

hwMK0tH.png

Roto13

Just started playing this on my phone. (I had been playing it on my tablet.) Seems like it automatically syncs my progress between the two devices. That's nice. Benefit of being an online-only game, I guess.

Road

Jesus, restarted the fight 10 times against Wing Raptor (FFV first elite) because I didn't look at proper strategies against him. lol

I can't believe I farmed Gravity but ignored because I thought it didn't work on any boss at all. =\

One thing the reddit strategies don't mention is sleep is useful as well, just do nothing and let poison ticks. Also, I didn't try, but maybe Silence will stop his nasty Wind Gale?

elty

Heh, I guess all you guys who farmed Black Cowls have a leg up due to synergy :V

Wizard hat is easy to get and not bad either

Wizard hat++ 10/10
8 MAG 11 DEF 22 RES 9 MND

Black Cowl++ 20/20
11 MAG 27 DEF 54 RES 11 MND

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jesus, restarted the fight 10 times against Wing Raptor (FFV first elite) because I didn't look at proper strategies against him. lol

I can't believe I farmed Gravity but ignored because I thought it didn't work on any boss at all. =

One thing the reddit strategies don't mention is sleep is useful as well, just do nothing and let poison ticks. Also, I didn't try, but maybe Silence will stop his nasty Wind Gale?

He is easy. He closes his wings every 3 (or was it 4) attacks. Just time your attacks and heal when he closes up. One of the easier elites honestly. No magic needed.

Awesome news! Hopefully it will be active for another week+ as I'll be on vacation and no idea on Internet.

On another note, my sleep blade procs sleep much more often than I would have expected:b

TheContact

Just started playing this on my phone. (I had been playing it on my tablet.) Seems like it automatically syncs my progress between the two devices. That's nice. Benefit of being an online-only game, I guess.

I wondered if it would work on my iPad because I saw some info in game about switching saved data to other devices. That's awesome I'm going to try it out now

Road

He is easy. He closes his wings every 3 (or was it 4) attacks. Just time your attacks and heal when he closes up. One of the easier elites honestly. No magic needed.

The counter attack is not a problem at all, it's easy to avoid.

Wind Gale, however, doing 700 (x5 = 3500) damage to my party was pretty hard to keep up with only 4 Cura on Tyro. And he did it a lot, every time I tried, one try he did four in a row...

But I mostly restarted a lot because I wanted to get both Poison and the first Sleep in. Funny how he's supposedly one of the easiest, but the only elite boss to give me trouble so far. haha

Anyway, just looked around and I won't even try any more Elites until Sunday. Good thing there's an event tomorrow to distract me.

Roto13

There's an option in the main menu to upload data for other devices.

Yeah. I assumed I'd have to upload it and download it whenever, like some cross-save PSN games. But what I do on my phone affects the file on my tablet without having to do anything. I assume it works the other way, too.

Pleasant surprise.

Caerith

Are these new events progressively more challenging, or are our level 30+ teams going to steamroll through?
In the JP version, this upcoming event was their first, so there's a good chance we'll be able to steamroll it with our current teams. Unless they tweaked it to make it harder than Shinra.

Sounds like Fira and Flame Strike will be our best friends for Cecil event! (And no flying bosses)

And offensive healing.

Got the third Black Cowl for minimal effort. Feels good man

Also I guess we get to fight Scarmiglione in this event? I was wondering why we get to fight Cagnazzo in the tegular dungeons but not him.

Clunker

Ran up against the Hundred Gunner ranged boss in the Shinra event -- I had tried preparing for it and brought a team of Kain, Rydia, Tyro and Wakka along with Cloud for the regular trash mobs, but I still got romped. I'm probably a little low level (Lv 17-20, with Cloud at 24) but man, I find Tyro super-underwhelming. He can do pretty much anything but kind of sucks at everything equally. Does he get better, or is his strength just flexibility? Is he just super-gear dependent?

I think I've found the secret real reason this game is free ... marketing. Hearing all of the music and seeing the sprites just makes me want to go play every FF all over again. Already loading FF7 back up on my Vita!

Ran up against the Hundred Gunner ranged boss in the Shinra event -- I had tried preparing for it and brought a team of Kain, Rydia, Tyro and Wakka along with Cloud for the regular trash mobs, but I still got romped. I'm probably a little low level (Lv 17-20, with Cloud at 24) but man, I find Tyro super-underwhelming. He can do pretty much anything but kind of sucks at everything equally. Does he get better, or is his strength just flexibility? Is he just super-gear dependent?

I think I've found the secret real reason this game is free ... marketing. Hearing all of the music and seeing the sprites just makes me want to go play every FF all over again. Already loading FF7 back up on my Vita!

Flexibility mainly. You can customize him to fit whatever role

Also load up on your Thundaras and put it on Rydia.

I also farmed Protect Vests from the Antlion to make my life a little easier. I didn't max them out but I got enough to spread around with one upgrade.

Yea now my problem is getting it to max level so I can combine. Need the armor upgrade daily

You could be fine just farming Scarletites tomorrow and just feed them if you want them quicker.

Flexibility mainly. You can customize him to fit whatever role

Also load up on your Thundaras and put it on Rydia.

I also farmed Protect Vests from the Antlion to make my life a little easier. I didn't max them out but I got enough to spread around with one upgrade.

You could be fine just farming Scarletites tomorrow and just feed them if you want them quicker.

Regular antlion or elite?

mstevens

Is there any reason for me to get the 3x black cowls for my Rydia if I have the 5* Gown already? Even with synergies I feel like it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Glad that there is a new event tomorrow. The Shinra tower has definitely been the most fun part of the game so far. I probably won't use Cecil since I like my party already, but I loved having to farm things I wouldn't normally worry about and use strategies I wouldn't normally use to beat the tower.

Just gotta get Mastery on the last Shinra stage and I'm all done with that event. (Basically just waiting on a stamina refill.) Bring on Cecil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom