• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

100 GEM DRAW RUNE AXE HOLY SHITJFKJDSKFJSKJD HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

GOD IS REAL

wait

[.img]http://imgur.com/hRLE9wZ.jpg[/img]

vlxat2S.png

I felt like this when I got an Enhancer (FFV).

There's no other game where the letter I is so important...

Will they leave me alone with their stupid Aevis Killer... 0/21 on pulling a 5* on 100 gems pull now. To top it off and make me angry, I always get real shitty items. :)

MicH

Wow, I really hope they increased the 5* rate. Otherwise that's really disappointing.

100 gem pull yielded me a 3* Javelin. Really liking Tellah. Instantly bumped him up to lvl 40

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahahahah wow, reddit already jumping hardcore into the "Japan is xenophobic" theories with both feet.

That's amazing-tier, even for reddit.

So I need someone with a runic rw to rofl stomp the black waltz ya?

Can someone pm me from the spread sheet can't get it to open on my phone :(

Red Mage

I am saving 50 mythril for the XIV event... So, with 50 left after that, should I do another 11 pull on the 4 banner, or wait for the banner tomorrow?

MicH

Oh yay, I should be able to hone Valefor to R3 with those three major wind orbs! Awesome!

Also one major earth orb away from being able to craft Meteor

Xetherion

Lol, I got the Thunder Rod on my 100 gem pull, and the Polymorph Rod on my 11 pull. I already had the Ice Whip also, so i now have three 5* mage weapons for IV. I also have the Oak Staff and Guard Stick, so I now have five 5* mage weapons total. Mage meta here i come!

Red Mage

Lol, I got the Thunder Rod on my 100 gem pull, and the Polymorph Rod on my 11 pull. I already had the Ice Whip also, so i now have three 5* mage weapons for IV. I also have the Oak Staff and Guard Stick, so I now have five 5* mage weapons total. Mage meta here i come!

You... I don't like.
Congrats

When you mostly have shit luck in this game, reading the Relic Pull topic on Reddit is soul crushing... You see people complain like if it's the end of the world because they got shit pull on this banner (after getting Oak Staff and Tidus' weapon on the last banner). You read things like "I hope my luck comes back for banner 4", all disappointed that they did not get anything after getting 5-6 character specific relics in banner 1 and 2. I can't believe some people... Some don't complain but you recognize the names, getting shiny stuff banners after banners.

Even reading this topic on new banners day can be hard but I can be happy for most people even if it makes me feel like Lot's wife after she turned back to look at Sodom...

The more I think about it, the more I can't wait for this event to be over with so I can be without Mythrils and without hope of getting any cool 5*, I enjoy the game the most when Relic pulls are not there to disappoint me almost every single time. The only time this game makes me feel like shit is when I pull. I know I should keep my expectation low but there's low and low... Always getting Aevis Killer, Mage Masher and Wyvern Claws is getting old. Being 0/21 on 100* gems pull is getting old. The rare time you get 5* they come from the "other stuff" non-SB 5* pool is getting old.

Ok, ok, going back to being a salt statue while advancing in Golbez's event.

Balphon

Dropped about 120 mythril and ended up with 4 5* items, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Inventory went from 457/500 to 308/500 after all the combining and upgrading.

I got a response to my email about the missing Gacha boost already, basically a non-answer saying they can't comment on this feature but just to stay tuned/keep playing. :/

Ashodin

I got a response to my email about the missing Gacha boost already, basically a non-answer saying they can't comment on this feature but just to stay tuned/keep playing. :/

Wow DeNA holy shit people probably sunk tons of money into this banner already because of that.

Wow DeNA holy shit people probably sunk tons of money into this banner already because of that.
They said I should "consider the two versions to be completely different games", which is obviously impossible. They're always going to get directly compared to one another, especially in regards to stuff like this. The Gacha boost is a huge deal, so we better be getting it soon.

Ashodin

They said I should "consider the two versions to be completely different games", which is obviously impossible. They're always going to get directly compared to one another, especially in regards to stuff like this. The Gacha boost is a huge deal, so we better be getting it soon.

That sort of finality leads one to believe they will never add it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh well, that means it's time to pull for real, hilarious 100gem aside.

edit: BUT FIRST AN IMPORTANT DETOUR

Behold: The highest-quality bootlegs from China.

HAH. A decent melee weapon for FFV. Let's see anyone pull a 5* that can do that.

Too bad it's still not a retaliate weapon lol

Nohar

Well, I knew I was going to be pissed. I just didn't know how much.

That's a sloppy excuse, and if there is one thing I don't like, it is to be taken for an imbecile. Now, we all know that this game is in reality a money-grabbing machine, and that they will do their best to push people to buy gems. It seems that they decided that the better way to do that is to not add the gacha improvement for the Global version. I guess their reasoning is that with lower chances to get a 5*, people will pull more? It depends on the data they have after they included that change in Japan. If, after implementing that change in Japan, people would buy gems less often (because they would have enough 5* to complete most events after a while), it wouldn't surprise me that they decided it would be a bad move (economically speaking) to add that change to Global version.

I guess I'll send a (polite, mind you) e-mail asking them when to expect the gacha improvement. At the very least the guys in charge with responding to e-mails will notice their higher-ups.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people if they don't implement the change. Think it's possible that they stealth added it? Maybe they're waiting until after the SB celebration to end.

Falk

that puzzling face
On one hand, I do think people are going to be salty regardless. On the other hand, the global team (this is DeNA we're talking about) should know better than to assume they're operating in a vacuum. Comparisons to JP always can and will happen, and not just for mobile games.

It's almost laughable to think that anyone whose job it is to monitor community habits/etc. to be completely oblivious when things like the subreddit and everything from all its in-depth analysis to daily garbage has existed since the start of the global service.

I don't doubt that gacha changes will come, since there is no way that pulling is going to be able to keep up with the effectiveness of simply refreshing stamina, even when SSB items get introduced. The big question is if it'll be documented/announced the way it was in JP, considering that gacha mechanics are a lot more transparent in Japan due to law.

Nohar

I don't doubt that gacha changes will come, since there is no way that pulling is going to be able to keep up with the effectiveness of simply refreshing stamina, even when SSB items get introduced. The big question is if it'll be documented/announced the way it was in JP, considering that gacha mechanics are a lot more transparent in Japan due to law.

I really would like to have the same transparency as in Japan.

Falk

that puzzling face
FALK'S LONG AWAITED GOLBEZ BANNER PULL EXTRAVAGANZA: We Don't Care About No Stinkin Gacha Change

EPISODE #1

FFRK SEZ: Here, have a Golden Hairpin to go with your Rune Axe!

FFRK SEZ: Juuuust kidding here you go.

FFRK SEZ: We're really sorry for being bad, have another.

a week ago I had 2 5* armor total

edit: Episode 2: I got a Polymorph Rod and Dark Helm soz guys EP3 is cancelled while I'm ahead.

Holy shit I actually went from 2 5* armor to 6 5* armor in the span of a week, after waiting literally half a year lmao

I did an 11 pull and got the Polymorph rod (now I'm going to be hunted to death or something :( ), the dragon gloves and some combining fodder. That brings me to one natural 5* mage weapon. Now I've set Tellah as my RW to watch my income drop below WoL Shining Wave levels (outside of the "what does this SB look like" curiosity).

The Dragon gloves also meet my >136 res in FFIV requirement once upgraded so now I don't have to farm black cowl. I'm free...to farm something else...

I can't wait until Phase 4 for the simple reason I have no armour upgrade materials.

Haven't been keeping up with the banners. Anything worth doing a 50 pull on?
What is your equipment like? Look at the features items in each banner and think to yourself "if there are two here I want, I have a 1/5 chance of getting one of them".

I really would like to have the same transparency as in Japan.
Yeah the fact the server has stopped sending out item odds completely* is worrying too (since the lightning banner).

On the other hands odds make people even more salty as they think silly things like "it is a 1% chance but I did 10 11 pulls so I have a 110% chance of getting of getting it" (it is more like 60%...and that is why it is bad to aim for specific relics as it sets expectations).

*Edit: It still has a the overall odds which are a renmant from the Japanese client. Daily draw is 73.818/19.976/5.979/0.132/0.095 for example and the featured ones are 65/25/10.

FALK'S LONG AWAITED GOLBEZ BANNER PULL EXTRAVAGANZA: We Don't Care About No Stinkin Gacha Change

EPISODE #1

FFRK SEZ: Here, have a Golden Hairpin to go with your Rune Axe!

FFRK SEZ: Juuuust kidding here you go.

FFRK SEZ: We're really sorry for being bad, have another.

a week ago I had 2 5* armor total

edit: Episode 2: I got a Polymorph Rod and Dark Helm soz guys EP3 is cancelled while I'm ahead.

Holy shit I actually went from 2 5* armor to 6 5* armor in the span of a week, after waiting literally half a year lmao

My one 11-pull also netted me the Polymorph Rod and FFIV Golden Hairpin. Maybe the mocking 100-gem pulls are a good sign?

Tempted to pull again, but I'll stay strong and save it for XIV and Orbpalooza. So glad to have a versatile 5* Rod at last. I also got a second Gravity Rod, so I have a knockoff 4+* rod as well! My IV mage gear is gonna be ridiculously good for the EX battles. 3++ Lilith, 3++ Blitz Whip, 4++ White Robe, 3++ Black Cowl...here's to hoping for a smooth ride in 3 day's time!

Razmos

Hey guys I just did my Golbez banner draws after a long period of saving up mythril and having absolute zero luck with draws the last... 4 or 5 different banners and probably over 300-400 mythril, as well as 100 gem draws.

But I am happy to confirm that I got
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING. Not a single 5* again. 3 goddamn 4* items and the rest shitty 3* that I will never ever use. I am so done.

So in looking up info about equipment forging (to find out if I can be cheap and just feed Black Cowl++, looks like no is the answer) I found out Japan got buffs to the daily login bonus at a similar time. The eggs and upgrade materials became 4*.

In other words eventually there will no longer be days of 200 gil daily login "bonus". Unless they kept that one.

Also pretty good start to man in black. Two RM2 done; WoL and Irvine. That just leaves Luneth, Ranger and...Josef :(
Snow join Josef when I get him to level 50

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm glad I'm done with the Record Materias. I unlocked everything (except Hunter and Red Mage).

Imagine if it comes to the point that to clear trash without losing medals you need to savescum Hunter barrage procs for retaliate, on every wave.

Nohar

Is there another event between Golbez and XIV?

Depends on when we get the FFXIV event exactly (since I don't believe we have a date for its release, except a vague "September" IIRC). The next events should be Zack & Aerith, followed by Auron & Khimari, then Vaan & Ashe (Edward and Mog's special event will certainly be skipped). After that one we will get the constant 4 characters banners, starting with Terra, Cyan, Edgar & Sabin.

Tried and Mastered the Seifer battle this last day.
Unfortunately my hones doesnt cut it. My abilities were all spent.
I don't have Valefor, only source of damage were

-Vivi casting Biora(8) and Bio(6)
-Rinoa casting Quake(4) and Biora(6)
-Quistis casting Firaga(8)
-Yuna casting Shiva(2) and Alexander(1)

Tried retrying using the continue boost (hoping I will get the extra abilities boost) and
for 5 consecutive times drew HP boost. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
I suspected letting us choose the cards is just an illusion and the powerup you get beforehand is predetermined at the start of the fight. I was about to give up and just tried one last time, drawing an Offense Boost. Luckily it was enough for my party to finish and master the fight.

My hardest battle so far... Not fun at all. I hope there does not exist anything much harder than this. For the record, I did not bother trying the Brinhildr fight during Lightning event.

Depends on when we get the FFXIV event exactly (since I don't believe we have a date for its release, except a vague "September" IIRC). The next events should be Zack & Aerith, followed by Auron & Khimari, then Vaan & Ashe (Edward and Mog's special event will certainly be skipped). After that one we will get the constant 4 characters banners, starting with Terra, Cyan, Edgar & Sabin.

Thanks! Trying to calculate as best as I can how many (I think between 70-100) and when I must start saving Mythrils for the Orb event.

Falk

that puzzling face
My hardest battle so far... Not fun at all. I hope there does not exist anything much harder than this. For the record, I did not bother trying the Brinhildr fight during Lightning event.

For what it's worth, what things have looked like is basically the ++s holding steady around this difficulty level (Ignore the Soul Break Fest ++s since they're a little nerfed to accomodate for no RS), while two more tiers get added on top of that. So far, at least.

On the other hand, SSBs mean RWs will become even more potent (barring cheese strats that require e.g. Galuf), characters start getting MC2s, and Orb Fest/new dailies/Majors dropping from more common bosses all compensate for the increased difficulty tiers.

LucaMac

Only 3* items from the Golbez banner for me. It sucked quite a bit of mythril out of me. I'd been sticking to one pull per banner for a while and three pulls per celebration banner but I'd say this one got 7 or 8 out of me which I;m annoyed about. Got a few duplicates that got me to 3++ on a few items though. Also, went to combine those sage robes after leveling one up to level ten to only discover that I already had a 3+ version of that somehow. Now I've a 3++ and a 3+...and I don't think either of them are currently equipped as they aren't good enough. FFS.

Razmos

I'm not surprised that Dena have said the "2 different versions" thing in regards to the relic draw changes.

I've been thinking for a week now that they wouldn't implement the change, especially not during the soul break fest.
Their reasoning is probably that the game isn't as popular in the west as it is in Japan (which I assume is the case) and so they need to make more money off the game this way.

This coupled with the fact that we were blocked out from viewing the percentages on the banners is a rather troubling sign, I must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom