• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMac

So, do we know yet how the 11 pull works with the increase on the Golbez banner?

There was a discussion a page ago in the thread. It's treated as 11 single pulls so odds increase within the 11 pull. However single pulls may be better as once you get a 5 star you can stop pulling rather than waste the increase following on from the 5 star.

That 5++ knife will be super sweet when dena returns to an actual storyline for this game and has tyro take he lead in an all new core realm.

I think you have to combine this just to avoid the insanity of optimize perpetually equipping three characters with these.

Razmos

Decided that since I'll likely have 100 mythril by the time the XIV banner shows up, I'm going to do an 11 pull (+ 100 gem pull) on the Golbez banner. and then the same on the XIV banner, since I couldn't decide which one to focus on more. Spread out the disappointment, :p

I'm bound to get SOMETHING. right?

Right?!

Decided that since I'll likely have 100 mythril by the time the XIV banner shows up, I'm going to do an 11 pull (+ 100 gem pull) on the Golbez banner. and then the same on the XIV banner, since I couldn't decide which one to focus on more. Spread out the disappointment, :p

Right?!

Um… I plan the same and it's us so who knows… but right! (let's think positive)

Red Mage

Right?!

Yep... 12 Maneater Knives.

Kenai

Hmmm....anyone have info on where to get a Runic friend SB or 3 so I can finish Black Waltz/Sealion? Would be much appreciated.

Pejo

Since Phase 3 was the first phase I was interested in multiple relic weapons, I did an 11x pull. Got 3 5*, Behemoth Knife (boo), Mystery Veil(not bad!) and low and behold, I finally got myself a diamond pin. I was pretty freaking ecstatic! Overall a pretty damn great day for me. Looks like I'll burn the rest of my tablets trying to restock on Gil, since I was down to like 40k.

Overall though, I definitely don't like this new event as much as the awesomeness that was the Festival of Gold.

Yeah this event is pretty lame and seems like a money grab by dena, frankly. Burn mythril and gems on here banners that have mostly recycled relics and acquire 50 mats of each type so you have to upgrade your,inventory through myhril and gems. The eggs are nice of course. Much preferred the field of gold and the farming qualities of it rather than this. Otoh, I do like that you can skip the first levels and go to the rewards you like. That's a nice change.

Haven't had any luck getting unique SB gear lately, but I did pull a sheepskin coat and a 5* FF9 vest that should be useful. I'm also starting to build up quite the stable of 4*+ and ++ gear. I now have 2 FF6 4*+ daggers that have come in handy from time to time.

Pretty good luck on black/power day so far.

MUZpRupl.png

Balphon

I find myself needing white orbs more than black at this point.

Power orbs I stopped needing ages ago, yet I still seem to get more of them than black/white.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does Joseph need to have his default RM equipped in order to drop Double Hit?

300 stamina later and still nothing. This is ridiculous.

Ugh that was dumb of me. FFIII Sunken Cave elite. I decide to bring a long a summoner with summoning spring for nuking trash with summons (Quake is starting to fail to do the job fully...especially on currently lesser characters like Rinoa...). I did not however think to bring Alexander for the boss condition and decide instead to drop boost from Rinoa for her to have Diara for the boss condition. Then there is the matter that Curaga should also meet the condition.

I also decided Rydia needed the light rod (if she were to have Valefor and alexander she wouldn't need it as she easily OHKOd mobs with Valefor, Shiva just missed out though) which probably could have given Rinoa her OHKO quakes.

I still won it just too a little longer. It is like I learned nothing from the FFVIII trio about making sure you don't fuck up on equipping characters.

Kenai

Do you really need Runic? I found Magic Breakdown/SG to be plenty of mitigation.

I don't have enough orbs to hone Magic Breakdown, craft Shellga, or craft Carbuncle. Also, when I happened to get a Boon SB and use that (admittedly didn't have Magic Break on yet) my 50 something Eiko died in one round anyway, the Blizzard 2 thing hit her for 1500 with Shell up and the auto finished her.

I know I'm not capped or anything but they have a lot of good gear (all my casters have native 5* bracelets and she was wearing the Gauntlets too), so that situation felt pretty cheesy to deal with over and over again

No, mine dropped for me and I haven't even cleared half of FFII's elite dungeons and I am 100% sure I took that off. Pray to RNGsus harder (or be like me and totally not expect it to drop at all, the game feeds on hope).

I have runic up still as my RW. I'm at the top of the spreadsheet.

Thank you, will try again when phone is charged.

I took Josef from level 50 to level 61, solo for 90% of the way, to acquire it. It was basically all I focused on for a couple days between events. The rm is well worth it, and the amount of lesser orbs, power in particular, meant less farming to hone double cuts. They're are reports of some folks taking their Josef to higher levels. The ability to put the rm on a support character with two breakdowns or a Mage really is a game changer with retaliate, so keep at it, it will be worth it in the end.

MicH

I really have a problem... I did another 3-pull on the phase 3 banner. As I said earlier I could use all of the character relics - especially the Diamond Pin (I don't have SG or Boon) and Balthier's gun (I don't have a gun). So I did a three-pull... TWO rainbow orbs!!

First one... Why of course, the Behemoth Knife. What immediately pops into my head is the possibility of getting two Behemoth Knives. I did not want that :(

Second rainbow orb.. DIAMOND PIN OH GOD YES. So it was worth it in the end. Now I eagerly await the release of Red XIII's MC

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, but check if you're in the right realm. Some RMs are any-realm and some are specific.
Yeah, it's FF2 which is terrible since I can't make any progress anymore if I want this RM.

I took Josef from level 50 to level 61, solo for 90% of the way, to acquire it. It was basically all I focused on for a couple days between events. The rm is well worth it, and the amount of lesser orbs, power in particular, meant less farming to hone double cuts. They're are reports of some folks taking their Josef to higher levels. The ability to put the rm on a support character with two breakdowns or a Mage really is a game changer with retaliate, so keep at it, it will be worth it in the end.
Yeah, I really want it to avoid having to make another double cut. But man, this is getting ridiculous. I can't imagine doing this for every character with a RM2.

Yeah, it's FF2 which is terrible since I can't make any progress anymore if I want this RM.

Yeah, I really want it to avoid having to make another double cut. But man, this is getting ridiculous. I can't imagine doing this for every character with a RM2.

This was the only tough one for me. Even garnet dropped fairly quickly. The Cecil's drop when running the power daily, thankfully.

Adeptrain

If you're diligent enough you should have a party that can clear some of the last phase of this Soul Break fest event which should be in about 3 days and end in about 5. Even clearing Normal and/or Hard will give you a stash of XP eggs that'll be quite the boost.

But yeah, for now, keep clearing classic dungeons. The game basically has a set of progression content (the paintings) and time-limited events. Your first short-term goal should be getting a core team up to the point where you can obtain the Event characters from each time-limited Event. By the time the Tellah/Golbez event ends, you should be able to get them. They're a solid white mage/black mage pair.

What you need to know: The core class characters suck, and so does Tyro, but it's a tough choice when just starting the game on when to swap to other named characters you have since those named characters will start from lv1 again. Thankfully, the XP eggs mentioned above should help you boost some.

In terms of gear, keep in mind that the initial star ratings are very clear tiers of power, but also that Record Synergy (e.g. using FFIV gear in FFIV events/realms) is a huge boost.

In terms of abilities, to start off, Double Cut is a primary damage ability (2*) that is still key today. Elemental spells are a good bet for all-purpose damage, and you definitely want heals. Try to hone abilities rather than creating new ones - r3 is when they start to have enough lasting power for events and such.

Thank you for this, I was hoping for some clear cut instructions like this ;) It's appreciated. I guess I'll work on the storyline and build a team for the last events. I'll also work on getting Double Cut. Thanks again.

Razmos

Tidus' Lightning Steel sword is boring.... when equipped on Tidus.

On the other hand, give it to a spellblade user with Thundara strike and put that 20% extra lightning damage to good use ;)

MicH

Just set up my party with IV gear. My natural 5* Diamond Armor gives 190 DEF with synergy. DK Cecil now has 299 DEF :lol My Flame Sword gives 190 ATK too with synergy I believe

MicH

Wow should I just sell this Behemoth Knife or what
No, it's a 5* dagger which nearly everyone can equip. The fact that it has Core synergy is completely useless (Only available in the Monday daily lol) and the soul break is completely useless as it's MAG based for God knows what reason

Kaiterra

Banned
No, it's a 5* dagger which nearly everyone can equip. The fact that it has Core synergy is completely useless (Only available in the Monday daily lol) and the soul break is completely useless as it's MAG based for God knows what reason

Yeah, but on the other hand, I have a maxed FF9 Mage Masher, Shark, Keepsake Knife, Mesmerize Blade+, Gladius+ and Swordbreaker+.

As you can probably guess, my Optimize function is useless.

Nah, just keep it for when they add the gear reforging.

Oh that's a good point.

Falk

that puzzling face
There was a parable.

A man was going off on a journey. In his absence he gave his three servants Behemoth Knives.

- The first servant was given 5 Behemoth Knives, and that servant went and traded and earned 5 more Behemoth Knives
- The second servant was given 2 Behemoth Knives, and that servant went and traded and earned 2 more Behemoth Knives
- Thie third servant was given 1 Behemoth Knife, and that servant out of fear went and hid the Behemoth Knife

When the master came back he was furious with the servant with 1 Behemoth Knife and took his Behemoth Knife and gave it to the first servant who had 10 Behemoth Knives, so now he had 11 total.

That's where your stupid 1 extra pull comes from in an 11 pull. Okay? OKAY??

Road

I wanna draw again from the celebration banner for Oak Staff (I accept a Diamond Pin as well), but all these Behemoth Knife horror stories are pushing me away from it.

Then, I'm tempted to 11-pull on the Golbez/Tellah banner, which will surely render me none of the mage weapons.

But that limits me to FFIV synergy, so I'd rather do an 11 on the Sentinel Grimoire / Storm Staff / Hunter Rod banner, from which I'll probably get Kaiser Shield because apparently I love FFXII 5* itens.

So many options for guaranteed disappointment, I don't know what to do.

At least I've had a serviceable black power day:

T4MWAkLGbJDQaj9UVf8EDLRsbT21avBA8tDBuvFF6pB0JwT60jofy6yoqaENfHtmA8666tD9DfBs9_2bDqxeFvamniPhSii5qbeAlAFQ3irtkCDRJqSH_MMjreGut3012WpNQctreED3LIglCL7IkFfTer_6zDWmnlJmLE_yE96Km_mn-NSaoY8w8eNLinMT2SFFmAWcVTKv_fyVGr9_K1k187cE12xA_KAHXr0m4N-sRHGCz5g5zF4Waxi9nSJ_fXG0rM5pfwRwsaIa_aE-Et9EsFLDreSBXREHv1YE17kFL_b08m93SH7fi-_y5l6tCN6yHr87bNO1Du9H99z2_0U2cOMZcz9dR5JYfNJvudjlrw00OUouRG9azY_g7r9UfBjVxXFWE6QfzIVBPeB28sPO1wTwe4S2MvZtwJG1NE8TmM3RnlFWLua5wkpTE891x0LT1bBDnoxNCwvh5F_hdqfaIZ1V5svsWAZiRYiANst_3keQOeavTDiTvTqjav8JLCs93VsANLBOQB5o9FLwRnpG=w250-no

Falk

that puzzling face
IT IS TIME

image.php

edit: If there's any announcement about pull mechanic changes, I'm not seeing it.

DeNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Road

Yeah, the increased drop rate note is the still the same as before and different from what Japan has.

I guess I'll just wait until people get an answer after spamming dena support.

Falk

that puzzling face
100 GEM DRAW RUNE AXE HOLY SHITJFKJDSKFJSKJD HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHITHOLYSHIT

H H H H H H H H
H
H
H
H
H
H
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT

GOD IS REAL

I want to pull on this banner, but I'm not going to yet until we know if we're getting the increased Gacha odds. I sent them a support ticket asking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom