• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Well, that's it then. Gonna do my second ever 11-pull. I just hope I get new combinable 3* items (no more staves and FFVI weapons, please).

EDIT:

CwEqKCIj2TT0mjUC23KOoDVom4xrEsjRgOB68VKFAw3BiCBZVMgZvIW0ej2MDEgQfxHoZ9lz21uJzatPQAF3GtIYIpKAzRjx2lNkS6PLwmgYwRS8okXiqE-DvZhLb7s53LKn7R-lxyQfGiZVOus75iijh9xHpvY_bWTa0gqzclZr7_CTX6JnD6GGnLk8xeFNeNMj8F8j1Q33tvENTwG2LqPiW8AVPqIOmTErtazE1k_iflgz0S0LlBuhhnjOR9pMp3yIq1RVlzA00Iw_B6sjeIybD_-11NB4b2it6pNMesYpzTdgd-s6OkIAD6JpzZ9FuJHU9ZbaCkPeeZ4QJCMO5I0RJtRt6r5-SSKKw0rEfCQpVIM9CNFXui6B19yIv-21NmMDo0iPIa6IbFXNXD8UwqjKc6MV61YAEJXfp9ar2hqd0NyaMROxHT5HzrE08HEQrisKpGJRK-1MYM3b7j4Gjw6aW8YprJiLcDhMft1vWax_3RkHxc_T_43FCMJg3ynVML2suZKPc7W8BzDgSBoKg3LQ=w400-no

I'll just pretend I'd only have gotten that Thunder Rod on my 10th individual pull and didn't waste 45 mythril here. Polymorph Rod is better with his high mag and mnd, but the 20% extra lightning damage will make Thundaja and Thundaga hit like a truck.

Anyway, first ever 5* rod get. With the Sleipnir Tail I got on the soul break celebration, my mage meta has improved considerably this week. Now, for that Sentinel Grimoire, or any good soul support soul break, really...

Mastered the trio this morning. I ended up honing Valefor, Shiva, biora, quake, and faith. I was prepared to take both Valefor and Shiva to R3 but decided to see how close I could get at R2 first. Spending the orbs on Valefor hurt the hoarder in me but it'll be useful for multiple scenarios outside of this one battle so meh. Ended up mastering it, even after forgetting to bring Shiva. >_>

The sleep RW only hit two so I had to spend a few rounds casting sleep on the third until all of them were snoozing. Luckily nobody was murdered during that timeframe. After that I focused on Fujin, then Seifer, then Raijin. I recast my RW before anybody woke up (hit 2 again) and then kept casting sleep until it hit the third. I ran out of sleep and Raijin woke up but luckily it was at the very end and I survived long enough to take him down.

Glad that's over with so I can focus on the event tonight.

Here's my party.

KNYgdPZl.png

Thanks for this post. I did pretty much the same thing and got super lucky on my sleep casts (after a bunch of S/L). Sleep Gas hit all 3 on the first cast. I nuked with Rinoa, Rydia and Vivi while casting Faith on them w/ Garnet. After I defeated Fujin, I recast Sleep Gas and hit both Seifer and Raijin. I was then able to DPS them down before either woke up. :D

eastx

I've done well on the relic draws lately.

On the second festival draw, my 1-pull got me the Behemoth Knife, which has a unique (but crappy) soul break. Another decently strong knife is always better than nothing, though.

1-pull on the FFIV banner got me a 4-star FFVII bangle that probably won't get used, but still better than 3-star junk.

My 11-pull on the FFIV banner today resulted in the Polymorph Rod and Gold Hairpin, so I'm set for the FFIV event. It's my first true 5-star rod too, so that's exciting.

[Fugo]

11 pull on Golbez banner, got 2 stoneblade swords. I was after the unique SBs, but I'm still happy since I really lacked decent IV synergy weapons

I did another 11 pull and got the polymorph rod and a regal gown.

I'm considering switching my rw of sazh/boon to tellah/whaterver that is named. Tons of boons out there and I think there are going to be some interesting uses for tellah refilling, as an rw, 10 ability uses. Particularly against multi enemy bosses. For example round one meteor and Bahamut, rw, meteor Bahamut, rw, meteor Bahamut meteor. That is a crap ton of magical non elemental offense right there out the gates. Not so useful on single boss's, but on multiples, that is going to hit like a truck and make crafting those uber pricey spells actually viable to use.

Really loving the idea of tellah rolling with a ja spell and either protecga or Shellga in the second slot, freeing up the white Mage to focus on healing and diaga, that was missing in my party configurations. Am bummed that I didn't get the rune axe or a sword or spear, but what' are you going to do, not keep rolling 11 pulls, that is folly.

Re: regal gown. I have three of these now, two maxed at level 20. I think I'll combine two of them together. I am so tempted just to make one 5++ because I rarely use both simultaneously outside of vi realms, but the in realm synergy for a level 20 gown is so stout that I think I need to hold off still and have one 5+ and one 5, then revisit it the next time we have a vi event to see how useful keeping two copies around are. Since the gowns are pure def and res, I am far more inclined to use a mag/mnd boosting hat or bracer outside of vi.

Edit it appears that it has been raining polymorph rods around here, did anyone get the rune axe?

Falk

that puzzling face
Tellah might see a niche use capitalizing on all the OCD people out there who crafted Meteor, then realized its 2 casts kinda sucks but wants to use it anyway and picks Tellah RW just to get more mileage out of mistakes that were made.

Road

Throws away the three FFIV staves from the event rewards because already has a 3*++ and a 4* one.
Does free relic draw.
Gets a 3* Aura Staff (FFIV)...

Relic draw is manually operated by people trying to mock us. I have also already thrown away three Aura Staves, stop with the goddam staves!!!!!

----
Random, but is anyone else completely annoyed by the menu music? Lately, I quickly turn down the volume when setting up a party then turn it up again when I enter a dungeon. Wish we could change it.
----

I did another 11 pull and got the polymorph rod and a regal gown.

I'm considering switching my rw of sazh/boon to tellah/whaterver that is named. Tons of boons out there and I think there are going to be some interesting uses for tellah refilling, as an rw, 10 ability uses. Particularly against multi enemy bosses. For example round one meteor and Bahamut, rw, meteor Bahamut, rw, meteor Bahamut meteor. That is a crap ton of magical non elemental offense right there out the gates. Not so useful on single boss's, but on multiples, that is going to hit like a truck and make crafting those uber pricey spells actually viable to use.

Really loving the idea of tellah rolling with a ja spell and either protecga or Shellga in the second slot, freeing up the white Mage to focus on healing and diaga, that was missing in my party configurations. Am bummed that I didn't get the rune axe or a sword or spear, but what' are you going to do, not keep rolling 11 pulls, that is folly.

Tellah only restore 5 ability uses (1 random ability per user), not 10. It can be a big help, but Boon is so much better as a RW as it is a guaranteed thing.

Falk

that puzzling face
HAHAHAH I was just about to post that upon discovery.

What a trash signature SB! I guess it's 'kind of nice' to have to lug around now that you can have 4 SBs, and if you're really dedicated you could savescum till it restores the ability(/ies) you want, but damn.

edit: If only Tellah could use 4* Support so he can cast Wrath and his SB over and over hahahah.

Red Mage

So... I have enough mythril to do an 11-pull and a 3-pull on these soul banners. Since Tellah's banner gave me no love, would it be better to do the 11 on the one for tonight and the three on the 5th Banner? I need long range weapons as well, and Sazh's SB is awesome, but guns in general aren't that awesome and I need XIII synergy. Tonight's banner has two such items.

I decided to test my luck after the two clutch Sleep Gases and see if it would carry over to pulls. On my 100 Gem pull, I got a meh 3* Elven Bow. I was undeterred, however!

WOOT! ^__^

Now I have great realm-independent mage gear for a whole party with Tellah's Rod, Vivi's Rod, Aerith's Guard Stick, Rinoa's Valkyrie and a 4*+ Healer's Staff.
As for the rest:
- I have a Diamond Helm +, so now I can ++ it.
- I have a Thunder Rod already, so combining them might be useful in V realms.
- I have a Aevis Killer, so a + might see use on Fran during future XII events.
- Free 5* Zantetsuken > Falcion and Crystal Sword for VI Swords.
- The Danjuro I pulled yesterday > Claymore ++
- I already have an Aegis Shield ++
- I already have Lamia's Tiara ++
- The Obelisk can go in a pile with the rest of the junky 3* XII spears.

Only 4/11 are useful, but whatever... \o/ MAGE GEAR :D!

Tellah only restore 5 ability uses (1 random ability per user), not 10. It can be a big help, but Boon is so much better as a RW as it is a guaranteed thing.

Yes, five abilities per useage of the rw and you get two useage a of the rw soooooo, that would be two abilities restored per character for a total of ten.

Does it restore an ability that is used guaranteed, or is it like an either and may go to an unused ability and therefore be wasted...? That would be terrible.

More for, like I said, a multi target boss battle, particularly the ex++s. You couldn't use it on a boss rush as you would have used abilities that are suboptimal for being refilled.

What a trash signature SB! I guess it's 'kind of nice' to have to lug around now that you can have 4 SBs, and if you're really dedicated you could savescum till it restores the ability(/ies) you want, but damn.

edit: If only Tellah could use 4* Support so he can cast Wrath and his SB over and over hahahah.

as someone who has run out of abilities, or choice abilities, before on tough bosses or the boss rush, getting an extra five or ten refreshed, even if random, will come in handy. Refreshing a summon for use in battle? Sounds like a good thing to me. Already have sazh take a wack at every trash round to build his bar, why not tellah.

Red Mage

To be fair, Tellah sucked in the original game as well. He's the only one whose stats go down as he levels up.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, like I said, it's a nice SB to have if you have it on your person. Giving up SG/Boon/LH/Advance/<insert AOE debuff here> for it though? Seems extremely situational.

Your despair has only begun.

Yeah productive afternoon so far :) I noticed the current event is FF4 themed so i should get some heroes from the main FF4 dungeons first? I've just got autobattle on for now as its pretty trivial and i can pretend to be working that way

Thanks, i'll try get him asap.

One last beginner question - how do you spend Mythril? I went to the Relics screen but there was no option to draw there - do i need to unlock this functionality somehow?

Thanks, i'll try get him asap.

One last beginner question - how do you spend Mythril? I went to the Relics screen but there was no option to draw there - do i need to unlock this functionality somehow?

If you want to spend mythril for pulls, you need to tap one of the banners in the Relics section. Each banner has different drop rates for things, though.

Sweet thanks all for the starting tips. Just got Tellah, you're right he was easy even for a starter to get.

I got a 5* staff called 'Font of Wisdom' from the gatcha which i've given to Tellah. Seems decent but not really too sure what's good just yet. Party is now Tellah, Kain, Cloud, Black Mage and White Mage (yeah i got rid of Tyro asap).

Goddammit. Spent twice as much on the Golbez banner than I intended to after seeing all these successful pulls in this thread. This is seriously going to hamper my ability to farm orb fest >.<
Took 23 pulls to finally get a 5+ item.... a judgement staff.

I got a 5* staff called 'Font of Wisdom' from the gatcha which i've given to Tellah.
lol don't get complacent to having such good luck, you'll save yourself from disappointment and throwing your phone in the future.

Seems decent but not really too sure what's good just yet. Party is now Tellah, Kain, Cloud, Black Mage and White Mage (yeah i got rid of Tyro asap).

Magic is top tier later on in the game once you get more/better spells to use.
BLM and WHM are pretty bad actually but you'll want to level them up eventually for their Materia. Tyro has mediocre stats but his ability to use every single skill in the game will come in handy.

broz0rs

Probably my first and last decent drop :)

when I started a month ago, my first rare pull was a 3-pull on the Tifa banner and I was able to get her Crystal glove. At the time, I had no idea how useful or valuable the item was. Since that time, three 11-pulls and a decent amount of 3-pulls later, Tifa's glove is still the only unique SB relic I have lol

Balphon

Sweet thanks all for the starting tips. Just got Tellah, you're right he was easy even for a starter to get.

I got a 5* staff called 'Font of Wisdom' from the gatcha which i've given to Tellah. Seems decent but not really too sure what's good just yet. Party is now Tellah, Kain, Cloud, Black Mage and White Mage (yeah i got rid of Tyro asap).

It's one of the best mage weapons available at the moment. Should help you immensely.

Note that Font of Wisdom is the limit break ability (for Tellah) attached to it, not the item's name.

Yes I just got a stamina refill so had to spend stamina ASAP but why did I pick the daily dungeon with the annoying Fossil Dragons?
I don't even think I need these orbs either

Imagine if it comes to the point that to clear trash without losing medals you need to savescum Hunter barrage procs for retaliate, on every wave.
People have resorted to such things on Liar of the Father. Personally I concede the actions medals and hope the boss does not eat too many medals.

Tell me that I'll see Vivi MC soon. Pls. I want his MC but I didn't play during his event :(
Next dungeon update in Big Bridge (FFV) elite. Apparently that is an 121 difficulty dungeon. Good luck.

Xetherion

Yes, five abilities per useage of the rw and you get two useage a of the rw soooooo, that would be two abilities restored per character for a total of ten.

Does it restore an ability that is used guaranteed, or is it like an either and may go to an unused ability and therefore be wasted...? That would be terrible.

More for, like I said, a multi target boss battle, particularly the ex++s. You couldn't use it on a boss rush as you would have used abilities that are suboptimal for being refilled.

It restores an ability that is used guaranteed. If a character hasn't used any abilities it misses them. Source: have the Polymorph Rod and have tested it.

Razmos

Got the 5* Dragon Glove from a mythril pull. Seems like an okay shared SB (AOE fire attack), but in practice it does practically no damage. :(
Oh that's lame.

The main draw of that item is probably the Fire Resistance though. A decent 5* item that can be used by most characters and protects them from a common element.

It's gonna be handy during the FFXIV event "Flames of Vengeance"

Is it just me or is Mog one of the worst characters who isn't a core character? Garbage ability choices and bad stats. I guess he could use the white magic debuffs but meh.

MicH

Is it just me or is Mog one of the worst characters who isn't a core character? Garbage ability choices and bad stats. I guess he could use the white magic debuffs but meh.
Yeah, he's completely uselrss right now (his only use is casting Faith and Haste right now). He is worse than cores due to his horrendous weapon and ability selection. He got a buff in the JP version which made him much better so hopefully we get that soon

EDIT Oh nice, Leviathan dropped a GIO

Yay, finally got Bard's RM2. Now on to Joseph...

Thanks for this post. I did pretty much the same thing and got super lucky on my sleep casts (after a bunch of S/L). Sleep Gas hit all 3 on the first cast. I nuked with Rinoa, Rydia and Vivi while casting Faith on them w/ Garnet. After I defeated Fujin, I recast Sleep Gas and hit both Seifer and Raijin. I was then able to DPS them down before either woke up. :D

Glad you were able to finish that event!

Razmos

Not really Record Keeper related but I've been reading about the theory that Gilgamesh is the same character in all the Final Fantasy games and he travels between the worlds in each game through the void (as seen in Dissidia) and that Final Fantasy Type-0 is Gilgamesh's first chronological appearance, and the world that he originated from before being banished to the rift and being summoned by Exdeath to the world of FFV.

DEEPEST LORE. Fascinating stuff.

It's weird that games like Record Keeper don't focus on Gilgamesh more, since the appeal of the games is all the different FF games and their characters, it would be interesting for it to focus on the only character to be a genuine world hopper.

Not really Record Keeper related but I've been reading about the theory that Gilgamesh is the same character in all the Final Fantasy games and he travels between the worlds in each game through the void (as seen in Dissidia) and that Final Fantasy Type-0 is Gilgamesh's first chronological appearance, and the world that he originated from before being banished to the rift and being summoned by Exdeath to the world of FFV.

DEEPEST LORE. Fascinating stuff.

It's weird that games like Record Keeper don't focus on Gilgamesh more, since the appeal of the games is all the different FF games and their characters, it would be interesting for it to focus on the only character to be a genuine world hopper.
So, Gilgamesh = Kamen Rider Decade? I can dig it.

Razmos

I also like the idea for the simple fact that it means one of the most popular and beloved characters in Final Fantasy history has been retconned to be
a L'cie
which I'm sure would cause some rage if people knew.

hehehe

Nohar

A theory is still just that: a theory. Though a plausible one it seems.

As for Gilgamesh being a
(former) L'cie
, it doesn't change much to his character, so there is nothing to rage over, even for people who dislike it.

Meier

Dropped about 120 mythril and ended up with 4 5* items, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Inventory went from 457/500 to 308/500 after all the combining and upgrading.
.......500? I think I have like 195. How much have you spent on the game in real money? Just curious.

forgrim

I also rolled hoping for any of the soul breaks in this and was ECSTATIC when i got 3 rainbows (my most ever). Got a Diamond Sword, Diamond Armor, and Murasame (VII) generic.

I'm still happy tho since I lack natural 5 stars, so i'll take whatever I can get!

I still have 100 mithril to use on other banners also.

Xetherion

Did an 11 pull and got the Sentinel Grimoire. Have a reason to use Tyro other than Tauntaliate now i suppose. Should I put him as my RW? I'd consider Rydia with Ice Whip more useful for current event, and Vivi with Oak Staff more useful for single target bosses that don't resist poison, but if people want i can provide SG now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom