• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I'm considering doing a pull on this banner, but I already have 3 Hunter's Rods and the Blazefire Sabre. I only really want SG. Eh, risk of a dupe is too high. I'll try on the XIV banner

Here's my pull.

I'm still lacking a MAG weapons in an almost comical fashion at this point.

I guess I can go for the ~22% (?) chance of getting one on the Man in Black banner?

COgR_1eUAAA7q6m.jpg:large

Road

Start fight against Ultima Weapon.
Flare for 5.8k before I can do anything.
s/l
Flare for 5.5k before I can do anything.
s/l
Blaze for 3.8k before I can do anything.
s/l
Finally get Shellga up first...

This the most trouble Ultima Weapon has ever given me in this game. Normally I just paralyze it before it can do anything or it just attacks normally.

Here's my pull.

I'm still lacking a MAG weapons in an almost comical fashion at this point.

I guess I can go for the ~22% (?) chance of getting one on the Man in Black banner?

[IMG,]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COgR_1eUAAA7q6m.jpg:large[/IMG]

MiB did give me my first 5* rod, but it's less than a 3% chance of getting a 5* mage weapon, nowhere near 22%. EDIT: Unless mean after 11 consecutive draws. The chance of not getting any of the 5* mage weapons is 71.5% after 11 draws (which means a 28.5% chance of getting one). That's all assuming the probability of featured 5* is 1%.

Anyway, I just did six draws on the Phase 4 celebration and got no 5* (not unexpected). I've so far gotten four 5* in thirty draws this past week (my mythril wallet is crying), which is above expected (13.3%), so I could call myself lucky. But I still doesn't feel like I winner because I didn't get any of the 5* I actually wanted (and half of what I got is on the lower end of utility like ras algheti and a helmet). /firstworldproblems

Xetherion

If you had just done an 11 pull instead of 10 single pulls you'd have an extra item now, possibly a 5*. This is why i only do 11 pulls (and 100 gem pulls), anything else is a waste.

If you had just done an 11 pull instead of 10 single pulls you'd have an extra item now, possibly a 5*. This is why i only do 11 pulls (and 100 gem pulls), anything else is a waste.

I sure get your point but my sanity is never a waste. I know when I really can't stand a very bad 11 pulls. I rarely do 10 pulls, was only the second time. Any other time is 3-5 or 11 pulls. Anyway, I would not redo that one any other way, final result is great. Maybe 11 pulls would have been 3 5* or a great 11 3*, will never know!

Balphon

Not necessarily. If you do single pulls you can stop after you get an item you want and end up spending less overall. With the 50-pull you are sacrificing a degree of control over the amount you are spending in exchange for a small increase in cost effectiveness.

Adeptrain

Ok, I think I get the hang of this relic banner thing. Click on a banner, a list of different 5* relics you can get. Is there a list anywhere of good 2* or 3* equipment I should hang on to and level up? Space is limited currently and I don't want to sell something useful.

Not necessarily. If you do single pulls you can stop after you get an item you want and end up spending less overall. With the 50-pull you are sacrificing a degree of control over the amount you are spending in exchange for a small increase in cost effectiveness.

Yea I also like it for that reason on banners where I am ok with 1 5* out of a few. On this one I would have stopped after Grimoire, Blazefire or Garnet's staff.

eastx

Ok, I think I get the hang of this relic banner thing. Click on a banner, a list of different 5* relics you can get. Is there a list anywhere of good 2* or 3* equipment I should hang on to and level up? Space is limited currently and I don't want to sell something useful.

3-star equipment is worth hanging onto and combining in to 4- and eventually 5-star equipment when you get the chance. With realm synergy (using an item from the same location as the current dungeon), that stuff can be as good as legitimate 5-star items that lack synergy.

2-star equipment can be sold or used as upgrade materials in my experience, but I already have a fair stash of 5-star items at this point.

You need to upgrade your inventory slots some as you progress through the game.

Did a 3-pull and nabbed Garnet's staff. Awesome. :)

Way to go! I'd love to have that one. :)

Here's my story:
please don't get mad at me!

44 mythril and banner #4 shows up. I'm at the back half of the Golbez event and the celebration mythril hasn't arrived yet.

But the stuff is tempting, so I continue the trend of never getting anything with my $1 pull. Fine.

But the stuff is so tempting, so single pull it. 5*, so crap, gotta pull again. The next pull is a 4*, but it's actually a 6* because I already have two of them. Next pull is another 5*! So with that, I proceed to blow all the rest of my mythril.

I pulled 3 5*'s that aren't featured, and in my mind, a 6* (once I get 200,000 Gil to combine). It's crazy insane:

LucaMac

Holy shit balls! Was heavily compensated for my shite pulls yesterday. Two single pulls and I got a second Blazefire Sabre and a Kaiser Shield...

Another reason I stick to single pulls...the rest of that 50 mythril would surely have been trash.

Good start. Got Luneth his RM2 and did some pulls netting myself a Blazefire Saber (already have one but cool while I tend to be a retaliate scumbag it is nice to have something else for another melee option so I'm reluctant to combine them), Storm Staff (I feel I got my revenge on the FFIX banner months ago which I pulled specifically for its mage weapons and get melee instead) and a Gaia Rod which is FFXII so I guess that is the RNG gods appeased for the rest of that.

Those cleaned me out of weapon upgrade materials, aside from the forbidden rewards of course.

I guess it means I'll be changing my RW for the second time in two days (maybe I should it for a little as I want to see this income change that font of wisdom should give and those are delayed by a couple of days).

Now to put the FFIV event to one side for today to farm white orbs and do the armour phase of forbidden.

I've progressed through the core quests up to the FFV ones now. Have to say, compared to Triple Triad which i tried a few weeks ago, they are a lot more generous with Stamina gauge in Record Keeper which has kept me interested. First thing i did this morning was pick up my iPhone and do a couple battles.

Should I be aiming to clear out all the core dungeons first? Is there anything from the limited time events that is a must to get? I have done some of the missions in the Golbez one so far.

Falk

that puzzling face
The limited time events actually have much better rewards/stam than the progression dungeons (paintings).

After the halfway mark (Part 1 for this event) they also ramp up very, very quickly in difficulty. That being said though you shouldn't have any problems buffing up in this ~1 week to be able to clear Part 1 and get Golbez at least, before it ends.

The catch, though is that (at least early on) doing classic paintings keeps refilling your stamina whenever you collect 5 shards. The events don't.

Medium term, the classic dungeons actually do go all the way up to like dLvl 80, so at some point you may start finding that your abilities are lacking. Detours to the dailies for the types of orbs you need to hone stuff will help. A lot of the bosses have some kind of gimmick or another that makes it vastly easier. (Some bosses can be paralyzed and will sit there doing nothing if you bring paralyze abilities, for example) so keep a guide handy. Last thing you want is getting to the end of a 80 stam painting and realizing you can't clear the boss lol.

Also don't forget to check time to time to see if there are any Elite paintings you can clear easily for more stamina shards. There are plenty of dLvl <30 Elites, and in some realms the numbers don't make immediate sense (FFVI for example goes up to dLvl ~60 then back down to dLvl ~20 for Phantom Train, when you get that far)

Awesome, thanks for the tips again! Haven't really dug into what orbs and such do yet but i'll take a look on the wiki today.

I've cleared up to Valvalis in the Golbez event now, I used a couple growth eggs on the FF4 characters as the stat boost from them has helped a lot so far.

eastx

Awesome, thanks for the tips again! Haven't really dug into what orbs and such do yet but i'll take a look on the wiki today.

I've cleared up to Valvalis in the Golbez event now, I used a couple growth eggs on the FF4 characters as the stat boost from them has helped a lot so far.

My early game advice is go to Create Ability and create Double Cut. Then go to Hone Ability if you have the orbs left to hone it. You should put everything you can into maxing out Double Cut rather than letting those Lesser Wind Orbs and Lesser Power Orbs go to other abilities.

Double Cut is a great offensive tool and also instrumental in advanced game Retaliation strategies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My early game advice is go to Create Ability and create Double Cut. Then go to Hone Ability if you have the orbs left to hone it. You should put everything you can into maxing out Double Cut rather than using those Lesser Wind Orbs and Lesser Power Orbs go to other abilities.

Double Cut is a great offensive tool and also instrumental in advanced game Retaliation strategies.
The only real problem is that you need those for the Wind Strike, and you'll probably need one of those for the random bosses that are weak to wind and require you to exploit that for the medals.
It's weird that enemies have an Aeorga spell but you can't use one yourself.

At this point I think they've left that as it is likely to be blue magic as it usually is blue magic in the games (my understanding of why blue magic is nowhere to be seen is they've not decided if it is abilities you craft from orbs or enemy drops, curiously some people have had blue orbs drop...which crash the game). It has been white magic in FFIII and Black magic in FFXI (plus has appeared in games with no defined schools) so it really is an oddball.

Thanks, I don't have enough Wind Orbs for either yet but i'll keep them stocked.

Is it worth crafting the lower level summons and white magics too? Right now Rydia is basically a fifth wheel in my party, and the White Mage just uses Cure/Auto as necessary (not sure what other healer options are available in the short term).

eastx

The only real problem is that you need those for the Wind Strike, and you'll probably need one of those for the random bosses that are weak to wind and require you to exploit that for the medals.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. A true wind spell would be really nice.

eastx

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Thanks, I don't have enough Wind Orbs for either yet but i'll keep them stocked.

Is it worth crafting the lower level summons and white magics too? Right now Rydia is basically a fifth wheel in my party, and the White Mage just uses Cure/Auto as necessary (not sure what other healer options are available in the short term).

1-star summons are worthless IMO. In the 2-star range, Kirin can be useful even late in the game. Maybe someone else knows of another useful 2-star summon.

By the time summons get really useful to you (i.e. you get the Summoner's Summoning Spring Record Materia), you'll be relying on 3-star summons and maybe a few 4-star summons.

Razmos

Heartened by the good luck everyone is having on this banner I did my 100 gem pull with high hopes, and got a 3* FFVI sword. then I splurged 5 mythril on another pull and got a 3* bangle :(

Perhaps one day I shall get something from a soul break fest. one day

It costed me 150 Mythril but I lucked out at got the Rune Axe! Being that Golbez was one of the few remaining characters I really wanted to pump up, I'm super hyped. Also got the Thunder Rod as well, time for some Golbez-led four mage meta!

MicH

Done with the Golbez event until the bonus battles. Gonna finish up SB Celebration phase 4 and then I need to farm white orbs. I have less than 50 at this point

Falk

that puzzling face
curiously some people have had blue orbs drop...which crash the game).

That's just a visual glitch - the blue is the 'default' color of the Orb icon (you see this along the top of the screen)

Whatever bug is causing the game to display it as an undefined rank is also crashing it.

edit:

image.php

And here's where I run a dungeon that's supposed to drop a 4* summon orb nonstop for 3 days and it doesn't drop.

Pejo

Well, I sure am glad I hit the Diamond Pin on the phase 3 11x pull I did, because RNG sure did shit on me for the rest of the time. I spent another 50 mythril on a 11x pull for Phase 4, got all 3*. Then I switched gears and tried to get the rune axe, doing 2 3x pulls and using up the last of my saved mythril, and did the 99c pull. All 3* again. That's 18 3* in a row.

Ah well, time to start saving for the next soul break festival!

Xetherion

In the short term you spend less, but in the long term you're getting less items overall for your mythril. I've probably spent 500 mythril on 11 pulls now. That's 10 extra relics compared to people who spent the same amount on single or 3-pulls. That's a huge difference, and it's going to keep getting bigger as the game goes on.

I should probably note that I limit myself to just one 11 pull on any banner I decide to pull from. This keeps me from blowing my stash trying to chase a particular relic, which also prevents soul-crushing disappointment of spending everything and still not getting what you want.

Something I've also done is focus on specific realms when pulling, which may be a good or bad thing.

I've done tons of pulls on IV and VII. This way, even if I get 3*'s and 4*'s, they'd combine to 5's and if I hit 5*'s, they'd eventually hit 6's and 7's

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
One way to spend less is just not to spend because the power curve advances fast enough that spending money today is almost useless tomorrow

Xetherion

One way to spend less is just not to spend because the power curve advances fast enough that spending money today is almost useless tomorrow

Pfft, not even close to true for this game. I still use the 5* relics i pulled like a month into the game to this day (Official Ball, Ice Whip, Regal Gown).

Balphon

In the short term you spend less, but in the long term you're getting less items overall for your mythril. I've probably spent 500 mythril on 11 pulls now. That's 10 extra relics compared to people who spent the same amount on single or 3-pulls. That's a huge difference, and it's going to keep getting bigger as the game goes on.

I should probably note that I limit myself to just one 11 pull on any banner I decide to pull from. This keeps me from blowing my stash trying to chase a particular relic, which also prevents soul-crushing disappointment of spending everything and still not getting what you want.

Sure, but like I said, it's a trade off between cost efficiency and control over where your resources are allocated. There are discrete benefits on either side.

That's an overstatement, and in any event the natural conclusion of that line of thinking is to never draw at all.

Which I suppose is basically what I tend to do anyway.

broz0rs

That's assuming you're able to pull a new 5*, which this game has proven to have the odds stacked against you. More importantly, your character is only as good as the relic that you currently have.

Azusa

CPU with dispel such an easy fight, but Bahamut was a pain. I had to restart the whole dungeon 3 times because my first teams couldn't champion trash mobs. In the end retaliate team won. Sad. At least CPU fight was a fun fight with thundaras.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's an overstatement, and in any event the natural conclusion of that line of thinking is to never draw at all.

Which I suppose is basically what I tend to do anyway.

You should spend all your mythril trying to get Valefor to r5 anyway. Or meteor I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom