• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU with dispel such an easy fight, but Bahamut was a pain. I had to restart the whole dungeon 3 times because my first teams couldn't champion trash mobs. In the end retaliate team won. Sad. At least CPU fight was a fun fight with thundaras.
Single enemy fights like the story version of same dungeon? Yeah I'll do the same tactic I did before; just lose the action medals on the enemies and make up for it on the boss (which lends itself physical or retaliate team for anyway). With Shellga and magic breakdown applied, mega flare becomes a mega joke that does a few hundred damage (time it wrong and it does a few thousand like I found in forbidden treasures just now :p) so the boss won't eat medals.

Razmos

I barely played the game today, for some reason it was running SUPER frustratingly slow, changing my equipment or going into dungeons just took forever.

And I was getting so frustrated with it that I wasn't thinking and accidentaly pressed "collect all" in the item chest, collecting the 30 weapon upgrade materials I had in there :/

Mastered both events in full so far. Looking forward to clearing CPU. I'm gonna hone dispel and bring my mage team, then re-clear the elite for mastery after I do it in the event.

I love collecting these trophy accessories.

I took a weird setup to bahamut.

Cecilidin, Kain, Cloud, Tellah, Eiko.

Requiem goes through reflect and does like 3-4k with the lilith rod, and she can do the attack buff, which I have 6 charges of. I should have given cecil something other than draw fire and minus strike for this fight though. I gave Tellah poison and shellga. No healing. Cloud was a retaliate bot with pound R2. Kain had magic break and jump. I retaliated the trash without buffing, saved everything for bahamut. Had all 3 melees attack, tellah would swipe at cloud for retaliation and eiko requiemed. S/L till I landed poison on round 1 and made sure sentinels's friend summon and magic break and shell were up during megaflare. Champed it.

Falk

that puzzling face
How's that meteor treating you? I'm thinking about making it myself.

There's no reason not to make it. We know basically the game's blueprint for the next four months. Out of the 5* abilities that have come out in that interim, Full Break, Valefor and Meteor all use different 5* orbs. (RIP Barrage/Quick Hit if you go with Valefor, but I don't see why you wouldn't)

It's like Quake(/Ruinga) except more damage, and without the hassle of worrying about resist. 2 casts for now is fine by me. I have honed enough abilities for the 2nd slot that I'm not going to run out on bosses anyway.

Truth be told though I'm basically buffing up on NE damage for Dark Bahamut (I'm aware of the cheese strat).

Kcv9J7A.jpg

Spent 240 stamina getting the last 4* Summon orb I need hahahah.

Also got a Comet, two Bioras (all r4) and enough orbs to hone the shit out of Bioga since I went nuts with Phantom Train these past two weeks.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dark Bahamut has two states for his AI. Normal, and Reflect. He goes into Reflect after a certain number of turns and will Flare himself for two turns (you're supposed to dispel it so he hits himself)

The cheese strat is that manually casting your own reflect on him forces him into his Reflect state AI meaning you can basically get him to perma-nuke himself, with the only damage he does to the party being the 5-turn megaflare(s).

Anyone know how to make Rubicante expose himself?
You have to exploit his two weaknesses, but the bastard just hides behind his cape the whole fight. He's zero problem and I'm taking massive chunks out of his HP, but those stupid conditions keep me back and I have to reset the fight near the end.
I had this problem with him before and it's really annoying me we have to face him 3 times in one dungeon. Such a cheap bastard.

Dark Bahamut has two states for his AI. Normal, and Reflect. He goes into Reflect after a certain number of turns and will Flare himself for two turns (you're supposed to dispel it so he hits himself)

The cheese strat is that manually casting your own reflect on him forces him into his Reflect state AI meaning you can basically get him to perma-nuke himself, with the only damage he does to the party being the 5-turn megaflare(s).

So he doesn't interrupt > reflect himself like normal bahamut when you dispel?

Anyone know how to make Rubicante expose himself?
You have to exploit his two weaknesses, but the bastard just hides behind his cape the whole fight. He's zero problem and I'm taking massive chunks out of his HP, but those stupid conditions keep me back and I have to reset the fight near the end.
I had this problem with him before and it's really annoying me we have to face him 3 times in one dungeon. Such a cheap bastard.

Wait 3 turns with the cape up, and he puts it down I though.

Try having everyone cued up with ice/water abilities and then wait for him to react. If he drops tornado, he'll usually go into cape. If he doesn't and just does a regular attack, burst out 2-3 attacks at once and then see what he does next. If he's in cape, just wait a few turns. Try playing at speed 3 or faster if you're impatient.

Spent 240 stamina getting the last 4* Summon orb I need
Congrats!
Are you still going for valefor r5 + maduin r5 in the orb fest?
Can I ask what was the reasoning behind that, as opposed to the double valefor? I recall you mentioned something made you change your mind.
How many orbs should someone with both val and mad r1 stash to get them to r5...?

New Event in Japan...

Exdeath recruitable. 5* White/Black Magic. Can use swords. SB Relic has potential Runic like properties in addition to damage.

Nohar

Well, boring daily farm day here. Yipee.

Also, Golbez really has relatively weak magic all things considered. I guess I need to check how much Magic he has once at level 65 and inside a FFIV realm. Sunday dungeon should help in that regard.

Was Cecil an event character? Done a lot of the Final Fantasy IV stuff but didn't come across him yet. Managed to get Golbez though.

Game is addictive as hell. I'm really enjoying it, great throwback to the classic Final Fantasy games with surprising depth and polish. Internet connection requirement is a bit annoying as i use the Underground everyday so i can't play during prime iPhone time!

Also, Golbez really has relatively weak magic all things considered. I guess I need to check how much Magic he has once at level 65 and inside a FFIV realm. Sunday dungeon should help in that regard.

What Golbez lacks in magic he more than makes up for on toughness. And he's much closer to Vivi's damage than Paladin Cecil is to other fighter's. I consider it a remarkable trade.

Was Cecil an event character? Done a lot of the Final Fantasy IV stuff but didn't come across him yet.!

Yes, and his event redux wasn't that long ago.

Was Cecil an event character? Done a lot of the Final Fantasy IV stuff but didn't come across him yet. Managed to get Golbez though.
On the quests tab check out the bonus quests. There are two Cecil ones there. It might be a bit longer until it is practical to clear the dungeons it wants you to clear.

Falk

that puzzling face
Congrats!
Are you still going for valefor r5 + maduin r5 in the orb fest?
Can I ask what was the reasoning behind that, as opposed to the double valefor? I recall you mentioned something made you change your mind.
How many orbs should someone with both val and mad r1 stash to get them to r5...?

My mind changed from a concrete plan of 2x Valefor to a toss-up between the two.

The big factor is going to be the relative drop rates between Greater and Major orbs during Orb Dungeon. My preference is still 2x Valefor (since I don't see myself using Barrage or Quick Hit any time soon, and saving 4* Summon orbs means I can hone utility 4* summons more easily if I need to) but if Maduin looks to be much faster to farm, (i.e. 5* drop rate is shit - you need like 15 for a r5 Valefor) then I'm going to go with Valefor+Maduin

I'll be watching the FFRKi spreadsheet like a hawk the first two phases of Orb Dungeon before deciding.

He's only slightly better than Quistis which is trash-tier, but makes up for it by being ultra-tanky. Knight vs Support is also dependent on encounter and other composition I guess. Not surprisingly though he edges out all non-IV casters in IV realm.

Road

I swear there has yet to be a day where I go into a daily dungeon thinking "I need x orb type" and don't get a way more of the other type. I always get more Power, Wind, Holy and Ice than Black, White, Lightning, Dark and Non-Elemental.

What have I done to you, Dena? (Other than not spending any money on this...)

Xetherion

Is Zealot worth getting for trash mobs, or is the reduction in damage big enough that it's never worth using?

It won't do enough damage to OHKO trash mobs in high difficulty dungeons, but it will make farming lower difficulty stuff much quicker. Also like pancakes said it's really useful in some fights where AOE prevents certain attacks.

So annoying when you have one character that's lower leveled then everyone else, and the enemies all specifically gang up on that character. Seems to happen all the time. Is it my imagination, or does the enemy AI actually do that?

BPBiorr

My lack of any good pulls is starting to bum me out, I feel that cheeseing bosses with retaliate spam is my only real option to complete content. My best mage weapon is the free Light Rod and its my only 3*+ mage weapon at that, this combined with my best melee being the free Zantetsuken make me feel way underpowerd for how I've been playing.

Falk

that puzzling face
I swear there has yet to be a day where I go into a daily dungeon thinking "I need x orb type" and don't get a way more of the other type. I always get more Power, Wind, Holy and Ice than Black, White, Lightning, Dark and Non-Elemental.

What have I done to you, Dena? (Other than not spending any money on this...)

You need to trick the game by tricking yourself into really believing you need the other orb type.

I guarantee it works.

My lack of any good pulls is starting to bum me out, I feel that cheeseing bosses with retaliate spam is my only real option to complete content. My best mage weapon is the free Light Rod and its my only 3*+ mage weapon at that, this combined with my best melee being the free Zantetsuken make me feel way underpowerd for how I've been playing.

When did you start?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeowch.

As someone who had 2 5* armor up until 10 days ago, I feel your pain.

Anything to throw at this Soul Break phase 4 or Golbez banners? They're stacked with mage weapons.

MicH

Near the end of the original Sephiroth event.
You should've gathered a lot of mythril then. Have you not been doing pulls? Even 3 and 4 star gear gets good when you combine them. Up until recently I relied on my Gravity Rod ++ and Empyreon Rod ++ exclusively as I had no other mage weapons

BPBiorr

You should've gathered a lot of mythril then. Have you not been doing pulls? Even 3 and 4 star gear gets good when you combine them. Up until recently I relied on my Gravity Rod ++ and Empyreon Rod ++ exclusively as I had no other mage weapons

Oh I know some 3* and 4* items are extremely useful especially with realm synergy and when combined, I feel my original post came out more negative then I had intended. It's not that I don't have any other 5*s it that the 5*s I have are kinda crappy like I have 2 Behemoth Knife's, a Genji Shield, a Golden Shield and 3 Shark daggers. I realise that I could combine all my Shark daggers to make a 7* but 97 attack 3 times is more valuable to me then a single 111 attack. I think if I were to to rephrase my post I would say a lack of the meta 5* is what bumming me out.

broz0rs

So my characters are strong enough now to take on Heroics. However, I'm questioning whether running Heroics are worth the stamina to farm greater orbs. I think I average around 1 greater orb for every two runs. Two Heroics runs and I'm out of stamina lol. Is there a better way to farm greater orbs? do you guys target specific elite dungeons that have bosses with higher drop rates for greater orbs?

Falk

that puzzling face
Um... Not sure what to farm today... Falk, how many kills for your GSO on Ultima?

8 (lol)

FFRKi is saying just over 20%, but I think it's totally not worth it when Blue Dragon had a slightly better return while dropping 3* summon orbs rather frequently too, and was an XP/Gold pinata.

So my characters are strong enough now to take on Heroics. However, I'm questioning whether running Heroics are worth the stamina to farm greater orbs. I think I average around 1 greater orb for every two runs. Two Heroics runs and I'm out of stamina lol. Is there a better way to farm greater orbs? do you guys target specific elite dungeons that have bosses with higher drop rates for greater orbs?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...PrXtCM7qw5Y89eTcU6cqDyR_o/edit#gid=1933251675

Aforementioned spreadsheet. However, if you're just at the stage where you're getting into Heroics, I would advise beefing up your core 3* abilities by running the heroics before worrying about farming Greater Orbs. For us grind-heads I think the amount of 4* orbs actual grinding (outside of Summon Orbs for obvious reasons) is about maybe 10% of total accumulated 4*s. The events are hella generous with them, and beefing up your party to the point you can clear as much of each event as possible will net you more 4* orbs than grinding, really. (Which, again, means beefing up your 3* go-tos, like Curaga, -ga spells, Comet, Breaks, Intimidate, etc.)

Oh I know some 3* and 4* items are extremely useful especially with realm synergy and when combined, I feel my original post came out more negative then I had intended. It's not that I don't have any other 5*s it that the 5*s I have are kinda crappy like I have 2 Behemoth Knife's, a Genji Shield, a Golden Shield and 3 Shark daggers. I realise that I could combine all my Shark daggers to make a 7* but 97 attack 3 times is more valuable to me then a single 111 attack. I think if I were to to rephrase my post I would say a lack of the meta 5* is what bumming me out.

That is some crazy five star luck. I don't have a sing five star dagger, unfortunately. If I were you I wold combine the Sharks together for one really nice lead weapon. For reference, the zantetsuken is 104 atk and can't be used by sephiroth. My best weapon, the masamune is at 115, barely better than your 5++ shark at 111and my Sephy with his weapon have been very useful even in non rs realms. This game really seems to be a case of figuring out how to play the hand your dealt or spend enough cash to play how you want, at least until you've been able to make 7-8 11 pulls and accumulated a wider variety of gear.

BPBiorr

Thanks for all the input guys, I decided to follow the advice given and combine all my Sharks (what an odd phrase) I'm a 100000 short for the final combine so i'll farm some gill from tommorows daily and finish it then.

broz0rs

Aforementioned spreadsheet. However, if you're just at the stage where you're getting into Heroics, I would advise beefing up your core 3* abilities by running the heroics before worrying about farming Greater Orbs. For us grind-heads I think the amount of 4* orbs actual grinding (outside of Summon Orbs for obvious reasons) is about maybe 10% of total accumulated 4*s. The events are hella generous with them, and beefing up your party to the point you can clear as much of each event as possible will net you more 4* orbs than grinding, really. (Which, again, means beefing up your 3* go-tos, like Curaga, -ga spells, Comet, Breaks, Intimidate, etc.)

that makes a lot of sense. thanks!

Red Mage

Which should I hone: Quetzalcoatl or Ixion? I'm thinking Ix, but is there any benefit for Quetzals? I.e. paralyzing weak enemies coming up?

Which should I hone: Quetzalcoatl or Ixion? I'm thinking Ix, but is there any benefit for Quetzals? I.e. paralyzing weak enemies coming up?

I dunno. Any boss that is weak to paralysis you are likely just to bring intimidate and high honed thunder spells. You need more than two uses of paralysis if the chance to hit is middling. Mobs now should be one shot by a summons or handled differently. I don't see much utility in quetz unless you were able to get it to r4 or something.

I'm personally going Ixion for the damage difference between them but I also have Cross Slash on Cloud that lets me paralyze without taking up another ability slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom