• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no damage difference between them. Syldra, however, is slightly weaker.

You sure about that? I don't have any hard numbers to prove it - just going off of a poorly translated comment from the Japanese wiki that posted damage numbers on the same enemy which showed a 40% increase in damage.

Given that they both have the same orb cost, I'm not sure what would be the point in Ixion if Quetzalcoatl did the same damage in addition to causing paralysis.

Falk

that puzzling face
They're both 9.2 multiplier. edit: NOT, LOL

Valefor and Maduin are 9.6.

4* summons are in the same weird spot that -ja spells are. Namely, the 3* elementals (-ga for BM, Ramuh/Shiva/Ifrit for summoning) are going to cap 9999 with vulnerability anyway. so 4* summons only have a real benefit over 3* (which is gonna have more casts) on non-vulnerable bosses.

The only non-Valefor 4* summons I have past r1 are r2 Carbuncle, which I regret, and r2 Phoenix to make dailies just that much less tedious (yeh go ahead and one-shot these shitty lv1 cores, I'll just rez them!). My go-to summon build right now for Elites and/or superbosses is usually r3 (r4 now) Valefor and r4 Ramuh with a Light Rod, which more often than not caps for Valefor and hits 8k for Ramuh with Mental Breakdown applied. That frees up my better rods for other casters.

edit: Fixed numbers (derp)

Balphon

You sure about that? I don't have any hard numbers to prove it - just going off of a poorly translated comment from the Japanese wiki that posted damage numbers on the same enemy which showed a 40% increase in damage.

Given that they both have the same orb cost, I'm not sure what would be the point in Ixion if Quetzalcoatl did the same damage in addition to causing paralysis.

You may be right. Some sources say Quetz is 9.2 like Ixion and others say it's 7.0.

*shrug.* Might've gotten a buff along the way that we inherited or something.

EDIT: In any event, Valefor will generally be of more use than either of them.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just re-tested it out for you wankers. Summoner with no equip.

6EOyi3h.jpg

Quetz

IzvCgJV.jpg

Ixion

Ixion == Quetz multiplier.

Road

These are the 4* summons I have and I can confirm this is their current power on global:

Valefor 9.6
Ixion 9.2
Alexander 9.2
Leviathan 8.8
Phoenix 8
Quetzcoatl 7

People say Maduin = Valefor and that Syldra = Leviathan, but I don't have them to verify.

Quetz is lower (I assume) to balance with the fact it can paralyze, but the rate is 30% which is pretty shitty if there are two targets (9%), let alone more. You're better off with Intimidate and Ixion, even if using two ability slots instead of one.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unless there's something extremely fishy going on, there is no way Quetz is a 7 : 9.2 difference in damage from Ixion. I literally just re-tested it. Both hit the salamander thing for ~1750

Both summons have 1 use so there's no way I could have accidentally summoned one of them twice, either.

edit: changed 30% to ratio to avoid confusion with debuff rate.

Road

Unless there's something extremely fishy going on, there is no way Quetz is a 7 : 9.2 difference in damage from Ixion. I literally just re-tested it. Both hit the salamander thing for ~1750

Both summons have 1 use so there's no way I could have accidentally summoned one of them twice, either.

edit: changed 30% to ratio to avoid confusion with debuff rate.

Summons have a special minimum damage factor, and, for this, Quetz and Ixion are equal at 2200. Using Summoner without equips probably means the damage based on her/his MAG is lower than 2200, so that 2200 minimum is instead used and tested against the target RES.

Test it in Fabul Castle.
Watch both do 9999 lol =P

Downloaded the Japanese version for giggles... that new UI and quality of life update cannot come fast enough. Also 15 crystals on my first login... for something lol.

so are we getting the bonus battles in 3 hrs alongside the final forbidden treasure dungeon? It will be interesting to see how annoying DB is to farm for major orbs compared to Beatrix. I think I'll do the treasure dungeons first, since they will be super easy and done with what, less than a full bar? Then come back for the event bonus battles. Or do I do the bonus battles first, knowing that I can mop up the treasure battles in the middle of the night with broken sleep (due to an infant at home), when lack of sleep won't create mistakes. hmm.

regardless, want to keep sunday open for a full day of xp running I think. Need to get Aeris and Yuna to level 60, since VII and X are the likely next events, with XIV somewhere this month and then a XII event. My XII characters need to get powerleved as well, Balthier and Fran are just not useful characters for me in dungeons and events. Have to get Squall to 65, I think he is the second MC2 after Cloud. Oh, here is the list for the supposed second memory crystals:

Cloud
Squall
Tyro / Rinoa / P.Cecil / Tidus
Sephiroth
Lenna
Wakka
D.K. Cecil
Lightning
Red XIII

Looks like I need to get cracking on old Tyro and Rinoa as well then. I've been itching to try out in XIII realms a retaligun strategy with Tyro. He with the Vega will outpace my other retaliators for once in XII once he's maxed, usually Sephy with the masamune in realms I don't have a five star sword. Also may then try out a retalifist move with him using the giant gloves in II, though he will be weaker than Sephy by a few points. Oddly the Vega is rated at 98 atk and GG 101 atk in non rs realms, but the Vega gets a few extra atk from synergy and ends up ahead of the GG with rs. very curious.

Downloaded the Japanese version for giggles... that new UI and quality of life update cannot come fast enough. Also 15 crystals on my first login... for something lol.

Does it mess with your global game at all? I thought about trying out the Jap version just to see what it looks like but I don't want to risk losing/corrupting my global account.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Four fiends and its random BS is the worst. Wish they'd chosen something else for the boss rush.

I haven't done it on Man in Black but I just did it in regular Realm content and didn't find it too bad. I didn't take Jump and was able to fit everything else in fine.

Does it mess with your global game at all? I thought about trying out the Jap version just to see what it looks like but I don't want to risk losing/corrupting my global account.

Nope, it's a separate download/file/app w/e you want to call it. Runs a fair bit better on my old ipod touch to boot, at least its vastly more responsive and way less hassle to change equipment and what not. Though I cannot access the Secret of Mana event they got going on, did not look at it too long, but seems like its a tie in to another mobile game -bleh-

I mostly just hate waiting on Rubicante to put his cape down. Everything else is manageable.

I put the game down twice today because of this haha. Such an annoying fight. Fought him once, then saw that his fight comes up again and put it down again haha.

Road

Did one draw, got a 3* FFV sword. Crazy time over for me. I'm mythril poor now, only 103. Will try to do only single draws for a while, with exception maybe being the FFXIV banner. Need to save some for possible refreshes on the Festival of Orbs.

Easy boss rush, mastered. Scarmiglione is the hardest because he resits like everything except holy and poison. The others are just annoying because of the already discussed random form changes, especially when they are requirements (I'm looking at you, Cagnazzo...).

Yes, I have good mage weapons for this realm =P Now for those white and dark dragons...

_EJ-ZxAIrQw94B3QBp606gnv2keNWrM6rj5pIUOlSYutL8yTTMRh6wKjznYis2763lS-dZHOd5bgeZ_Md3SfTUmlZbviCrex7nFXeJJwMMgzcSNHO7exVO-QbSH3hmpucndKSfJMGRbPL8KqAZof2hG5zlnXRLPHof2ziXLzRbKPkms_CohCXWFSxK3hQed8hmOAukgk77VGUZlHNySTIAUqZbfukfQmvK1VCrt9FFkJ9351WPdgXOL3X6OpjaTLuQ_flEVInoVBSw2_2pZTcTWrq-9lAahlZd3SCX4fz4Mhu0c7GXp5f12QPijFkQzagYct3HWqTjDZuNpyDdpU1c01kiagoIiZGQAnUER0qI48iwsOddRfS9UPoAmVyKzPOmXmtgIcE8CXtXoatWG2-Clk49-vrctReFrhPN5G3MuRwlY1rJNFlLmkBZMR7RZ6bzG8j_YHiE4sfP6yyL2RPrUlzkQt5r1ij6WZhz-guntCU0cSDHDPfJ-i1j5vEO09z49P035nAWiuyFl842gZRxcMlBcS19XmU-WPMYu9bKKH=w400-h869-no

Now 0/23 on getting a 5* with 100 gems pull. That's 8.8% chance to happen. How low will it go!?

Did 5 single pulls on the banner, got a lot of crap. Overall I am a winner during the SB fest because I got the Sentinel's Grimoire but seriously, fuck the gatcha during this festival (for me, I saw a lot of very lucky people). I never got so many crappy 3* of items that I will never find a use for or items that I already have a 3*++ version that I keep just because... I don't know?

Overall, I am about 6% for 5*, one was a SBless armor and the SG. Really, it was a festival of Wyvern Claw, Mage Masher, Main Gauche and useless bows and staves from XII. Seriously, my 3* and even my few 4* were such crap that overall, I could have pulled no 5* but good useful 3* and 4* and feel like I came ahead of my current situation. 5* are great, but getting good 3++ and 4+ and 4++ synergy weapon is great too and you'd expect some of that out of 150 Mythrils.

I will do ONE last single pull tomorrow on this new banner then I am out of the pulling game for a while. I will still do the 100 gems, I plan to reach 0/28 which is a 5% chance to happen. Every Mythrils from Sunday onward are going to the Orb fest!

Road

Just saw the Dark Bahamut mastery reward has 20 Giant Scarletites. The bad news for me is if I had checked it sooner, I wouldn't have used the 20 that were in my item chest to upgrade. Now I'll have to keep those in inventory (assuming I'll master it...) =\

Mental note: check future event rewards for upgrade material, not just abilities...

Yeah that's torture. I did an S/L once when he decided to do 8 attacks in a row without putting his cape down.

I should be able to destroy this boss rush due to how many fucking times we've done it but I'm in s/l hell right now with Rubicante and getting more and more pissed off. Doing s/l 100 fucking times is not fun yet an integral part of this game.

I had to come here and vent a little before I break my fucking phone.

So remember how I got all those lucky pulls on Banner 4? It seems DeNA knew what would happen today and was making up for it:

Today's the day I learned that you had to unlock with tablets before you clear the thing to get the reward. I always thought it was retroactive and I wouldn't get them until the event was over. 😓

Wait, what? So you cleared all the dungeons, then went back and used your tablets, and thought your rewards weren't going to be given until after the event was over? o_O

Wait, what? So you cleared all the dungeons, then went back and used your tablets, and thought your rewards weren't going to be given until after the event was over? o_O

Yeah, I misunderstood a post someone made here on Day 1 and never thought to check. The only reason I found out today was because I had seven tablets for six spaces, so I unlocked before I went in on mission one.

Hey, it's no biggie. It's just a game and I've had better than average luck up until now

Did an 11 pull and got the Crystal Glove, Defense Veil, and the Ruby Cuirass. It's a good pull but I'm upset that I didn't get the Vega 42. Overall I've spent almost 200 mythril on this and the lightning banner. Oh well, I guess it's not meant to be. At least I finally got some light armour.

MicH

Oh my god. I have been saving for this banner as I really wanted the Vega (or ANY GUN, but the Vega is obviously amazing). First two 11 pulls gave me no 5 stars... That hurt.

Third 11 pull gave me the White Robe and the Ruby Cuirass. That one also hurt even if they're decent :(

I then decided to buy two 11 pulls and managed to get the Shear Trigger, Crystal Glove and the Harp!!! But still no gun! I managed to avoid both of the guns on this banner. Amazing. I'm happy with my pulls as those character relics are amazing, but I guess Sazh will continue to be unused

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh my god. I have been saving for this banner as I really wanted the Vega (or ANY GUN, but the Vega is obviously amazing). First two 11 pulls gave me no 5 stars... That hurt.

Third 11 pull gave me the White Robe and the Ruby Cuirass. That one also hurt even if they're decent :(

I then decided to buy two 11 pulls and managed to get the Shear Trigger, Crystal Glove and the Harp!!! But still no gun! I managed to avoid both of the guns on this banner. Amazing. I'm happy with my pulls as those character relics are amazing, but I guess Sazh will continue to be unused

I got the Harp too... but isn't Edward kind of crap... and isn't the Harp obsoleted by Lunatic High? I'll say, getting the Harp and the Zetsuwhatever previously as my 5* relics amounted to opening a box and finding a brand new Windows Phone. Sure it's fine, but it's no iPhone.
At least you got all those other relics. lol

Also, I tried the +++ and Christ... I guess they scale up the difficulty based on the event, because the Behemoth was doable during Adamantite (or was it Gil?) event a few days ago. Maybe I need to try again to see if Retameta will work.

Nohar

Didn't pull since the first celebration banner, and won't until the FFXIV or FFVII (Organix) banner. That being said, I'm quite jelly when I see your pulls.

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. 6* abilities and equipment confirmed.

I told you so lol.

(No idea how they're gonna implement BDL yet though)

Falk

that puzzling face
Problem with tying it to specific abilities is that it's gonna make a really awkward jump as 3, 4, and 5* abilities do 9999 then 6* do maybe 60000, when your stats are high enough.

I still think it's gonna be more of MC3 - raise level cap, break limit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, just can't survive the Megaflare. Well, I can, but any hit is enough to kill. I have no idea how people can deal with that other than having a party member with a a full party heal SB followed by someone with a mitigation spell/SB. Without that, any attempts seem futile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom