• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Well, this Reddit post has some useful info regarding the damage done by Megaflare if you need some data. It gives you a chart with the number of damage done depending on your RES.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, this Reddit post has some useful info regarding the damage done by Megaflare if you need some data. It gives you a chart with the number of damage done depending on your RES.
If my dudes are already in the 60s and I can't survive the first hit, then it's just a matter of not having enough 5* res gear? I can survive the initial blast, but I just can't survive his standard attacks after that since everyone is down to pretty much near death.

I had am amusing time against the CPU. Decided it would be a great time to try out a load of AoE magic (as CPU can't reflect those). I end up doing about 50% to the defence node and considering retaliate was going to be my main method of damaging the CPU (and retaliate targets lowest percentage of HP) I had to think of something. I decide to cure up the defense node to get myself out of that hole I made for myself.

Did a 3 pull on the phase 5 banner. Got 1 5*, 2 3*. The 5* was a Judgement staff. I suppose it frees Garnet up to do purely offensive summoning. The 3* were
some FFV knife which even when combined and under relm synergy is worse than danjuro and the Tiger Claws (which were combined to make Tiger Claws++, Tyro will look forward to Thursday when he can retaliate for 8 points of attack more than could before).

I'm reluctant to claim forbidden rewards to upgrade these because I noticed the mastery reward for Dark Bahamut is more upgrade materials and ones that can't sit in the inbox for 20 days.

Random tip for the FFIV White Dragon fight: A Maelstrom used as a counter to you using a physical attack does not count as using Maelstrom for the medal condition.

Nohar

If my dudes are already in the 60s and I can't survive the first hit, then it's just a matter of not having enough 5* res gear? I can survive the initial blast, but I just can't survive his standard attacks after that since everyone is down to pretty much near death.

What is your RW? For this fight it seems that Sentinel Grimoire is a must to survive post-Megaflare (and the second one). If you manage to land it before he attacks again, you should be "fine" (depending on how much HP left everyone has).

*sigh* I don't think I have enough MAG weapons for those fights (W.Dragon and D.Bahamut). I'm more than a little worried I might not be able to master them. I won't pull for this banner either, since I'm saving my Mythril for more interesting ones (and, well, I've been quite disappointed by my previous pulls and DeNa's decision to not add the gacha improvement).

BPBiorr

Well at least with this I can use Sephi rather then Cloud as a retaliate bot.
NgPpn1V.jpg

BPBiorr, put your image inside a quote please.
Sorry. Edited my post.

Nohar

Here is the list of changes. Among them:
  • Mog is getting buffed (from 3* to 4* White Magic, raised MND, can use 2* Jump abilities, can equip Rods and Staves).
  • Celes is getting her first big buff! Black Magic from 3* to 4*, White Magic from 2* to 3*. Can equip rods and staves.
  • Luneth gets 4* Spellblade (wow, his usefulness just skyrocketed).
  • Arc gets 4* Summoning abilities (double wow) and increased MAG.
  • Red XIII can now equip Daggers.
  • Aerith is now able to use 5* Summon (instead of just 2*).
  • And many other nice little buffs.

Razmos

Final 100gem pull, and I can officially confirm that the Soul Break Fest (and the golbez banner) were a complete bust for me once again.

Also I went out drinking last night and completely forgot about the armour upgrade phase, I came home with 30 minutes left to do the entire event, I used a tablet on the ultima weapon fight but then utterly failed it :/

ah well, 5 tablets left for some growth egg goodness.

Nohar

And also this (not visible in the screenshot: Rosetta stones and Forging are also added):

Easier time mastering event? I sure hope so. I hope we will get the new values soon (IIRC, before this update it was 25% and 50% of our Total party HP count for Damage Taken medals, and something like 72 turns for Action Taken ?).

Falk

that puzzling face
Easier time mastering event? I sure hope so. I hope we will get the new values soon (IIRC, before this update it was 25% and 50% of our Total party HP count for Damage Taken medals, and something like 72 turns for Action Taken ?).

It was more than ~29% and ~57% for 1 and 2 damage medals penalty, and more than 30 actions (2.5 x 12) for 1 action medal penalty.

JP is currently something hilarious like 57% for 1 damage medal penalty. Not sure what the values are with this Global update.

Global continues to have an easier time. I believe the physical damage buff would be the 2nd ATK soft cap change, but wait on confirmation of that before quoting me, heh.

At this projected rate we -should- be getting the UI overhaul mid to late Nov. Contentwise on the other hand we're still only inching closer to JP parity, so there might be a much longer period we have the UI overhaul but not 6* abilities/monthly challenge bosses just yet.

Razmos

We should be seeing the FFXIV event really soon. They probably added the equipment forging thing now because you can get a Rosetta Stone from the event

Falk

that puzzling face
I would actually argue that it's the other way around - they prooobably wanted FFXIV as close to Heavensward as possible for promotional purposes but had to wait till after 1) forging and 2) +++ were added to the game so that fewer things break (hence "discussing the date")

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What is your RW? For this fight it seems that Sentinel Grimoire is a must to survive post-Megaflare (and the second one). If you manage to land it before he attacks again, you should be "fine" (depending on how much HP left everyone has).

*sigh* I don't think I have enough MAG weapons for those fights (W.Dragon and D.Bahamut). I'm more than a little worried I might not be able to master them. I won't pull for this banner either, since I'm saving my Mythril for more interesting ones (and, well, I've been quite disappointed by my previous pulls and DeNa's decision to not add the gacha improvement).
I was using Advance since I don't have the power to beat the boss legitimately, especially since he basically needs honed comets or poison to beat him... but I guess that won't work at all. Dope.

We should be seeing the FFXIV event really soon. They probably added the equipment forging thing now because you can get a Rosetta Stone from the event
That's what I was thinking too.

I wonder if that mean other enhancements are gonna be pushed up too. This event is really jumping the line here.

Razmos

Urm, is the equipment forging feature actually in the game now or what? have the announcements come before the actual update, because I'm not seeing anything in the game regarding it.

At this projected rate we -should- be getting the UI overhaul mid to late Nov. Contentwise on the other hand we're still only inching closer to JP parity, so there might be a much longer period we have the UI overhaul but not 6* abilities/monthly challenge bosses just yet.
Thats interesting, if i was going to have one gripe it would be the UI is a bit archaic. Saying that, its also been a bit unstable on iPhone 5S with system errors and black screens after a battle.
3 days later though and im playing it a lot. Got my first level 30 dude (Kain) and finally getting hang of it. Golbez has also been really good as he has so much more survivability than the other mages.

[Fugo]

Hum, the update seems to have broken the game (according to Reddit, at least). Are you able to play at all?

I just completed the ++ egg dungeon after unlocking the special reward with my last tablet when the game went broken. If I don't get the prizes I'm going to be MAD

Boss Rush, ++ & +++ Mastered.

Pro Tip: Tricking Dark Bahamut into using Flare on itself will count towards the "Inflict Non-Elemental Damage on Bahamut" mastery condition, so you don't have to bring Comet/Meteor/Flare if you don't have it, or if your Bio spells are honed more.

Razmos

Wait, shit, the XIV banner is NEXT? I was hoping it was after the crisis core event so I could get some more mythril from it. This throws me off, eek. I better start doing some classics and elities

Banner 55. Go home Cyan, you're dunk.

well, augmenting was an unexpected surprise for me. it makes sense to use doubles to augment, right? rather than having two of stuff?
My feeling is augmenting is such a small boost that fusing dupes together makes more more sense from a stats standpoint but usually having dupes is better than that (depends on what you have really).

Nohar

Starts the White Dragon fight (with Haste created and honed for the occasion; no R2 Bioga, no Meteor).

Thinks that the fight should be doable and that Shellga will be enough for damage mitigation (along with Kirin), and takes Wakka as his RW.

Realizes that he brought Curaga R1 instead of Curaga R4.

Realizes that White Dragon casts almost exclusively AoE magic, and that it hits like a truck.

Hilarity ensues (ie. [/panic mode] ).

Without my Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire, I would have been dead. Managed to master it nonetheless, but I was running out of abilities. I'm not quite sure I'll be able to master D.Bahamut. I'll spend Sunday leveling up Tellah and Golbez in order to bring both of them for that fight (and I'll egg them to 65 if necessary). Golbez will be a better choice than Quistis, that's for sure... Though not that I think about it I could have brought Linoa instead of Quistis.

Dark Bahamut is actually easier than White Dragon IMO, particularly if you use its own Flare magic against it. If you can survive the initial few rounds then the rest is pretty simple with mitigation.

Neither of them were that difficult though I thought. Definitely not on Seifer & co. or Brunhildr levels.

Urm, is the equipment forging feature actually in the game now or what? have the announcements come before the actual update, because I'm not seeing anything in the game regarding it.

It's live, but man is the wording confusing. You can upgrade a piece to increase it's augment level, but the weird part is what qualifies as having initial augment levels. I was gonna dump junk 5*'s into my OWA, but it seems like only natural 5's qualify:

Falk

that puzzling face
Obviously only natural 5*s would feed the system hahahah

($$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Then again I suspect that going into Year 2, 5*s are gonna become a lot more common, SSB 6*s will be the new rares and we're back to Square 0.5

Nohar

I'll see. Thing is, I'm having trouble bringing all the abilities I need. I think I need to swap Rydia for Yuna only in order to equip her with Faith (leaving Tyro with Haste+Dispel and Tellah with Curaga+Shellga).

My team would look like this:
  • Tyro: Haste R3 + Dispel R4. Materia: Balthier's (Haste buff).
  • Golbez: Biora R4 + Bioga R1 (hone to R2?). Materia: Eiko's (+MAG -RES).
  • Vivi: Comet R4 + Biora R4. Materia: Devotion (++MAG -DEF -RES). Which brings the question: will he survive Megaflare? My Vivi has 257 RES. If Devotion is -10% RES, it means he has 232 RES, which means he should take around 3200 damage bare minimum (he has 3365 HP). Close call. I may have to forgo the Green Beret and equip him with something else.
  • Yuna: Valefor R3 + Faith R3. Materia: Rydia's (+SMN damage). Tyro will Haste her and Tellah ASAP.
  • Tellah: Curaga R5 + Shellga R1. Materia: Yuna's (+healing power).
Or I could leave Vivi out and equip Rydia with Vivi's spells. She should have more MAG (or something close to identical) than him after Realm synergy. I would lose Focus though.
... Except that Yuna can't equip whips, and I would be one Rod short.
Urg.

What was your setup Hours Left? (Btw, all my characters are 65, except for Tellah and Golbez who are 51 ATM).

Road

Well, those updates came out of nowhere.

So, got three 5* mage weapons this week, I'm ready to fight them dragons.

Hmm...How should I set up my party?

White Dragon / Dark Bahamut (video: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/H...l4a=m22?cpn=5ohrhOxEEZlY0Djn&c=WEB&cver=html5)
YZ5nP4ny3gfPvUT-WbLIWAZjr5HD692sOg8HlT0dAAOFYBAfymON_yhIOUg1gFXFaQmp8YQvwnmXCVkpySzgBkz1LqRzr4C8bB0kMqZAnVl25MuC6SdaPg1D_-h_tg8-oZy7GYlrq3ueEm3BAMUWJxwDc_GfGW2Ql3P7P01tqEh_kHQGak20LYAcIG8vhA7mGXiLrFYG5Az-grsiqrey4Ope_x1t6uZorg1xtGPSg6TMOnSLDqiKNKZzmRJ6j7aiEpJgWaKLBOTe2ipPYN_uui8xbdhy_B9hmAT9xzdbjpJDJnFczy6QuG9Naw591KK1kNbd36jWFXN6vCaIB_Sfu86QVxKO-_gZwyNar8RUHHG86o3S_TlBYrW3s-LcV1rysluui9FgF6SkvR2NeR1gjEoFNdJ0iETrncDWaI28B8cIhzliss7gwlqAHx4XU8P_PfIP-sY0p73I7l-WLSHk_W9AigKkSMNLm78n45KVTztw0e3ARL-b17JK_ROVWXln1KNVBKLt-9PHWcuYgeYZjPEd6sWO22KP1dDCA5PtYdTd=w400-h869-no
KXazklMLa7HzYSbQriZ2XVwsfEgV5cScbGLC6H68CyluardR57vbH84viwIWEK-ylocobMThkeech2kBp1zhugxT2OHlLHB0zidI8ua-4bfW97uSOAKM76pVBoWMYUL0_Cd1q0lRInxEq-NjaL3i4jBVuwN0nK49GQ8eXSCKozkKxBWYSrkxrcpeoZaktXZ8fTIFvHSE3wUjz4lpzDQdelivSkp_CBePnmGUVPKlPiAEWbddn54VaGwLylZLqLlvFB4PVqnwk-bEqSSRdWno2knno7Gy9U9IwUghsfTEDV5WBxjE8K-IzJF5aAN_ZnZMgz40HdD_ceSX0AXdm7ZURNg5ec2vDWfveQNz4HCaELV-j38FrbRXHs44wkazHRydedZDK0OKKLdVF01xnVYfcl1hl87E1WSgQeLKA41pofzvzVjKX_SLWNtYqDp495-Ap6bzWcJnqc_cmnhAKtzdDxgZsHJDvPIHRvb-2QOGbEYbG0V2-GlCqdjkmrU4Dc9dXAEkPYOh035nkuq2UmIb_qRu5GQaPqvGaXF7l-ToMynP=w400-h869-no

I was using Advance since I don't have the power to beat the boss legitimately, especially since he basically needs honed comets or poison to beat him... but I guess that won't work at all. Dope.

So, yeah, Advance, works. Surviving Megaflare is obviously the first problem, If you have no 4* RS, farm Black Cowl. The other problem is healing up fast before the second Megaflare. Kirin alone didn't cut it for me due to my lack of physical damage mitigation. I had to s/l 15 times until: 1) Dark Bahamut did not attack Garnet or Tyro on the first round; 2) I could precisely time Reflect / Dispel so Dark Bahamut would physically attack me as little as possible.

Now that the ATK cap has been raised, it's easier, though. I could leave out Boost and Armor Break and I'll still do more damage than before. That opens up space for Protega/Power Break/down and Shell, which would solve the healing fast enough problem.

Also, Retaliate is more legit than magic. Pinnacle of teamwork right there. =P

MicH

Mog git buffed! He may actually be decent now! Yay! Hopefully we get his crystal soon. Kinda tempted to bring him for White Dragon or Dark Bahamut as I have his relic :p Too bad he's stuck at 50. That's the same problem I have with Red XIII. I have his Diamond Pin, but being stuck at 50 makes me want to bring Wakka instead

Azusa

White Dragon mastered!

On my first try I have used all my abilities and couldn't kill him. Therefore I've crafted the 3rd biora, honed it once and it was barely enought to kill the dragon and get the mastery. Lost only one medal for action and two for dmg.

Falk

that puzzling face
I only started on the new stuff after Dark/Holy daily ran out. On 3/4 of the boss rush right now after cleaning up Phase 5.

Totally forgot Cagnazzo absorbs Water (lol) so Waterja r3 + Meteor r1 on Vivi wasn't the best idea.

(Not like it matters anyway considering how fast everything dies now)

Wait, shit, the XIV banner is NEXT? I was hoping it was after the crisis core event so I could get some more mythril from it. This throws me off, eek. I better start doing some classics and elities

They know that a lot of people spent it all during celebration. This might make more people spend money now, it's all planned and they are not our friends! ;)

Still like them a lot compared to other F2P companies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have 50 Mythril.

But I'd rather spend it on Orb Dungeon.

NO PULLING TILL AFTER ORB DUNGEON.
(RIP Terra)

It's OK though, only can justify pulling when SSBs hit anyway.

Red Mage

Welp, I've hit the barrier on this event. Without decent rods, I cannot beat the white dragon. Oh well, I guess I will work on dungeons.

Boss Rush might be reasonably repeatable for Greater Orbs, I got a Wind and a Fire on my run, I assume Earth and Ice are on the other two.

Welp, I've hit the barrier on this event. Without decent rods, I cannot beat the white dragon. Oh well, I guess I will work on dungeons.
I'm with you. I JUST go a couple of 3★ MAG rods last night (laughably, I got two copies of two different 3★ MAG rods).

But Advance/Retaliate worked like a champion.

Haste Materia on a white mage for immediate Shellga (first) and Protectga (second), Magic Breakdown, Comet for medals, Kirin just in case and then smash away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom