• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason for me to get the 3x black cowls for my Rydia if I have the 5* Gown already? Even with synergies I feel like it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Black Cowl++ (w/synergy)
Mag +27
Def +67
Res +136
Eva +99
Mnd +27

Regal Gown
Def +77
Res +122
Eva +105

Me personally, I got BC++ on Rydia and Regal Gown on WMage

Ashodin

It's going to be a pain getting these 5 White Orbs from the hard dungeon on Wednesday. But then I'll have Curaga.
Use that and Cura on Scarmiglione when he comes to easy mode Cecil dungeon:)

Oh and I found out South Figaro Caves are the best stamina wise to get lesser power orbs and fire orbs.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
When did the Japanese version get the fast forward feature? I'm feening for it pretty badly now.

GAMERG0D

Use that and Cura on Scarmiglione when he comes to easy mode Cecil dungeon:)

Oh and I found out South Figaro Caves are the best stamina wise to get lesser power orbs and fire orbs.
I was actually using it to grind the fire orbs and kunais. I already have Defender (great sword), Black Cowl, and Mythril equipment so I'll probably woop the dungeon on the first day lol

mstevens

Black Cowl++ (w/synergy)
Mag +27
Def +67
Res +136
Eva +99
Mnd +27

Regal Gown
Def +77
Res +122
Eva +105

Me personally, I got BC++ on Rydia and Regal Gown on WMage

Thanks for the stats. I think I'll look into the farming strategy (haven't had the need to do any tricks like the airplane mode yet). I'll see how hard this next event is first.

In fact, any JP players have any insight about this upcoming event?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In fact, any JP players have any insight about this upcoming event?

It was their first event, so if they don't alter it, it'll be easier than the Shinra event. You get the following characters:
Cecil and Dark Knight Cecil

Bosses include:
Lilith (Weak: Fire); Dark Knight (Weak: Fire); Scarmiglione (Weak: Fire, can instant-kill with Raise which is otherwise not a very useful skill); Skull Dragon (Weak: Fire); Dinosaur Zombie (Weak: Fire); Scarmiglione Zombie (Weak: Fire, can instant-kill with Raise which is otherwise not a very useful skill); Dark Knight Cecil (No weakness, but dies on his own after so many turns)

There are 12 "floors", stamina req for last floor is 9+9+9+10.

Level 30 will be more than enough to sweep through.

Pangya

Has anyone gotten Genymotion to run this smoothly? I have it running but it runs worse than my Nexus 5, which is pretty bad to start off with already.

It's fine for running dailies on auto battle, but that's pretty much it. Does the Android version run better on the JP client?

Kitoro

Is the 1 star summon materia for Bomb worth it? 1 use at rank 1, with little to no chance of leveling it any further anytime soon makes me wonder if I should bother.

Thanks!

Milamber

Due to the realtime nature of these events and stuff, am I LTTP jumping in now on getting the good stuff you guys got on Day 1?

JNA

Banned
It was their first event, so if they don't alter it, it'll be easier than the Shinra event. You get the following characters:

Bosses include:
Lilith (Weak: Fire); Dark Knight (Weak: Fire); Scarmiglione (Weak: Fire, can instant-kill with Raise which is otherwise not a very useful skill); Skull Dragon (Weak: Fire); Dinosaur Zombie (Weak: Fire); Scarmiglione Zombie (Weak: Fire, can instant-kill with Raise which is otherwise not a very useful skill); Dark Knight Cecil (No weakness, but dies on his own after so many turns)

So Fira works well here?

Has anyone gotten Genymotion to run this smoothly? I have it running but it runs worse than my Nexus 5, which is pretty bad to start off with already.

It's fine for running dailies on auto battle, but that's pretty much it. Does the Android version run better on the JP client?

Been playing the JP client since Sept/Oct last year, the JP client runs with no slowdown or excessive battery drain at all(galaxy s3). It may crash every once in awhile but all apps do that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Due to the realtime nature of these events and stuff, am I LTTP jumping in now on getting the good stuff you guys got on Day 1?

There's a limited time event where you can get Sephiroth and Tifa which ends in 5 days. It's cutting it close but if you poopsocked a little and had an idea of what to expect you should be able to make it.

Ashodin

Bosses include:

dude we are going to fucking annihilate Mt. Ordeals

Wazzy

Banned

Bosses include:

How do Realm updates work? Will the new FF realms be events too or will they come with events?

MicH

Another event this soon?! Yay!! This sounds awesome!

Also, if I already have the 5* Gown on Rydia is it worth it to try and farm those Black Cowls?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So are the summoning creatures, especially the two at 4 stars any good at all?

My understanding is that the only summons Japanese players use have not been added yet--Kirin (**, regen on whole party); 3* are not useful because they're sort of on part with -ra spells and have fewer casts and are not as good as -ga spells. Phoenix and Carbuncle I believe are recommended. So generally they're not a focus.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How do Realm updates work? Will the new FF realms be events too or will they come with events?

In Japan they added the first set of main game content with the third event, about three-four weeks after release. The third event was
fight Rufus, gain Aeris****
. The first set of main game content they added at the same time was:
FF6 through Dullahan/Daryl's grave; first two FF1 levels; first three FF2JP levels; FF4 through land of summon monsters
. So as you can see a few new realms with that update.

AERITH!!!!! WHAT ARE U SOME BAKA GAIJIN!!!!! OWNT!!!!! etc etc

Wazzy

Banned
In Japan they added the first set of main game content with the third event, about three-four weeks after release. The third event was
fight Rufus, gain Aeris****
. The first set of main game content they added at the same time was:
FF6 through Dullahan/Daryl's grave; first two FF1 levels; first three FF2JP levels; FF4 through land of summon monsters
. So as you can see a few new realms with that update.

AERITH!!!!! WHAT ARE U SOME BAKA GAIJIN!!!!! OWNT!!!!! etc etc
Sweet thanks! I hope the VIII release isn't too far away.

Will be fun to recruit
Aeris

Sweet thanks! I hope the VIII release isn't too far away.
I was reading up about the VIII characters already released in Japan. A lot of them seem pretty sweet, and their sprites are so pretty. I can't wait~

I also need my FFII characters.
Ricard especially, and Guy whenever he's released.

thedan001

Score! Got my 2nd Blitz Whip (3* whip from IV)

Never got to farm Whips for Rydia (focused more on honing my abilities)

Now it looks like I wont have to, nevertheless, after finding out that next event is Cecil's, I went out and farmed Black Cowls, 1/3 so far... the flee/load trick is awesome!

I didn't bother earlier because I have a Regal Gown, and realizing it doesnt have any magic stat, and its better equipped on white mage/Tyro anyway

Wazzy

Banned
I was reading up about the VIII characters already released in Japan. A lot of them seem pretty sweet, and their sprites are so pretty. I can't wait~

I also need my FFII characters.
Ricard especially, and Guy whenever he's released.
Yasssss
Ricard is great! I loved Leon :D

I'm so excited for the VIII characters. Seifer, Squall and Rinoa are my dream team.

Yasssss
Ricard is great! I loved Leon :D

I'm so excited for the VIII characters. Seifer, Squall and Rinoa are my dream team.
FFII
Both Ricard and Leon have already been released in Japan, so hopefully we'll get them soon. I need Guy ASAP though, and if they ever start releasing generic mascot characters, I'd cry if we got a playable Beaver!

FFVIII
Squall and Rinoa are out in Japan, along with Quistis (my queen), Irvine and Selphie. I hope we do get the temporary characters like Seifer too. Edea would actually be my dream character~

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In case anyone is wondering how far they've gotten in Japan:
Final Fantasy 1: Tiamat, Temple of Chaos, almost done
Final Fantasy 2: King Behemoth / Jade Passage
Final Fantasy 3: Odin / Saronia Catacombs
Final Fantasy 4: Giant of Bab'il Computer fight
Final Fantasy 5: Archeoaevis (end of world 1)
Final Fantasy 6: Cave of the Veldt, World of Ruin (King Behemoth boss, Doomgaze and Zoso done)
Final Fantasy 7: Demon Wall (just before Aeris is killed, near end of disc 1)
Final Fantasy 8: Iron Clad / BGH251F2, after the Missile Base (half way through Disc 2?)
Final Fantasy 9: Ralvuimago after the last Beatrix fight (Half-way through Disc 2)
Final Fantasy 10: Wendigo (Macalania, maybe 2/3rds of the game?)
Final Fantasy 12: Barheim Passage (before Dalmasca Estersand)
Final Fantasy 13: Chapter 8, Brynhildr

So I think it's fair to say that it'll probably take at least a year to run through all the main series.

kiryogi

Banned
Final Fantasy 6: Cave of the Veldt, World of Ruin (King Behemoth boss, Doomgaze and Zoso done)
Final Fantasy 8: Iron Clad / BGH251F2, after the Missile Base (half way through Disc 2?)
Final Fantasy 9: Ralvuimago after the last Beatrix fight (Half-way through Disc 2)

So I think it's fair to say that it'll probably take at least a year to run through all the main series.

Hrm, you think we'd reach parity in 6 months? :eek:

Roto13

Is the 1 star summon materia for Bomb worth it? 1 use at rank 1, with little to no chance of leveling it any further anytime soon makes me wonder if I should bother.

Thanks!

The only other one star summon is Goblin. It's not like you have anything else to use it on.

kiryogi

Banned
I expect we'll progress on the same schedule as Japan did, more or less. I don't think they're aiming for parity.

Actually an interview said I thought that at some point we'd be on par with Japan.

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Final_Fantasy_Record_Keeper_Studio_Visit/Interview.html

Since the game launched in Japan, Record Keeper has had regular events. These are special scenarios available for a limited time, offering new scenes complete with unlockable characters and equipment as rewards. Given that new events are still being released for the Japanese version, I asked how they plan to handle the Western version, and if there will ever be a time where we catch up with the Japanese version. While they couldn't confirm the latter, they did explain that it's the plan to have parity one day.

Also regarding release line up versus Japan could be different for the west:

In the meantime, the English version of FFRK is scheduled to have new events weekly. Given that there's a large pool of events to pull from the Japanese version, it sounds like there's no risk of us running out of new content any time soon. It's also likely that we'll see a different release schedule for events out here, so the order the events were introduced in Japan may not necessarily be representative of how they release in English versions.

The different markets will also influence the characters that we'll see in the West... or at least, the order in which we'll see them. Both the Western and Japanese markets have different favorite characters, so the developers consider this when deciding which characters to introduce and when. That said, our version of the game will release with close to ten characters, and the debut event should be available early on (though we don't yet know which game/character it will focus on). While they want to appeal to the fans and choose characters that will be popular, the balance of the game is also considered. So, for example, we likely won't see the likes of Cloud followed by Squall, Auron, etc, since those are all similar physical-centric characters. So the developers need to introduce a mix of other roles in as well — healers, casters, and so on. All told, the Japanese version currently has 20+ characters so far, so there's no shortage of characters to look forward to.

Finally got Master rank on all Shinra Tower dungeons. Glad to be done with that event.

Now to grind for some gear and get ready for the next event, which I think I'll enjoy much more. :)

Wazzy

Banned
FFII
Both Ricard and Leon have already been released in Japan, so hopefully we'll get them soon. I need Guy ASAP though, and if they ever start releasing generic mascot characters, I'd cry if we got a playable Beaver!

FFVIII
Squall and Rinoa are out in Japan, along with Quistis (my queen), Irvine and Selphie. I hope we do get the temporary characters like Seifer too. Edea would actually be my dream character~
VIII:
Seifer isn't out? I saw him listed in playable party members so I thought he was confirmed. Edea would be awesome!

I'm excited for more story events.

Glad to see where VIII's at. Lots of story to play then!

Ashodin

I wonder if the updates when it is all said and done will reach to FFXV? 0_0

that would be amazing.

I can't wait for this Aeris event

Aeris (Aerith)
----
This event is a little different from the current game mechanics where you don’t get the rewards directly when completing each mission. You’ll be collecting tokens (Carrots) from 3 difficulty levels and exchange these carrots with the relevant items. As the time frame for the event in Japan was quite short (7 days), you will want to prepare yourself to be able to face the hardest of the 3 to maximize the amount of tokens farmed.

VIII:
Seifer isn't out? I saw him listed in playable party members so I thought he was confirmed. Edea would be awesome!
No Seifer yet to my knowledge. I just checked the official Japanese strategy site again and he's not listed in the FFVIII section. I imagine he'll get his shot though. He does appear as an enemy though, with Fujin & Raijin.

Prototype

I'm starting to worry that I'm not prepared even tho I've been monitoring my time and stamina. I really want Cecil, and I hope I can get him.
Didn't have any problems getting Sephiroth, but still worried.

I'm starting to worry that I'm not prepared even tho I've been monitoring my time and stamina. I really want Cecil, and I hope I can get him.
Didn't have any problems getting Sephiroth, but still worried.
This event came out in Japan before the Shinra Tower event, so if you conquered that one, you should have little trouble with this. Just get some
fire & holy
abilities ready, and stock up on FFIV gear, which is plentiful in the currently available dungeons.

Wazzy

Banned
No Seifer yet to my knowledge. I just checked the official Japanese strategy site again and he's not listed in the FFVIII section. I imagine he'll get his shot though. He does appear as an enemy though, with Fujin & Raijin.
Hmmmm I'm seeing his name pop up in the FF wiki and wikepedia for playable but maybe he was just seen in a video but hasn't been released?

Any Japanese players here would be able to tell us xD

Prototype

This event came out in Japan before the Shinra Tower event, so if you conquered that one, you should have little trouble with this. Just get some
fire & holy
abilities ready, and stock up on FFIV gear, which is plentiful in the currently available dungeons.
Fire huh....

I just made fire sword for cloud. Nice. Already have Fira, but couldn't hurt to hone them.

chrono01

I'm still trying to get Sephiroth before the Shinra event ends, and I have three floors left [the two ranged, as well as Rufus]. Before I commit too much stamina to it, I was curious as to whether I could get some input on my team and see if I'm ready. I've been grinding out Orbs/Gear/XP the last couple of days [I had a slow start, unfortunately >_>], but I think I'm almost there.

Chrono [Tyro] - Level 27

Equipment:

Silver Harp [10/10]
Protect Vest + [10/10]

Abilities:

Cura [2/2]
Poison [2/2]

Cloud - Level 29

Equipment:

Kazekiri++ [15/15]
Ice Armor [10/10]

Abilities:

Thunder Strike [2/2]

Tidus - Level 28

Equipment:

Zwill Blade [5/5]
Golden Armor [10/10]

Abilities:

Salve [2/2]
Dark Attack [2/2]

Kain - Level 25

Equipment:

Javelin [10/10]
Protect Vest+ [10/10]
Power Wrist [1/1]

Abilities:

Jump [2/2]
Blade Bash [2/2]

Rydia - Level 27

Equipment:

Rod++ [10/10]
Mythril Armlet+ [10/10]

Abilities:

Thundara [2/2]
Thundara [2/2]

So what do you think? Should I [finally] muster the courage and go in there, or raise my levels a bit more? I know my Kain is somewhat low, but I put a Protect Vest+ on him so he should be able to survive. Maybe.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wazzy

Banned
^chrono

Honestly I think you should be fine. I beat it with my party around level 22-24 and only thundara as my upgraded spell. It was hard, though.

I think you'll beat it easily. If at worst you lose, use a mythril and revive yourself and you should have even less trouble.

chrono01

^chrono

Honestly I think you should be fine. I beat it with my party around level 22-24 and only thundara as my upgraded spell. It was hard, though.

I think you'll beat it easily.
Thanks!

I'll give it an attempt later today and see how I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom