• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilgamesh. Why is it you have some kind of blind resistance as dark buster shouldn't fail over 20 times in a row (no seriously I've had runs where I use up 8 uses of dark buster without success right as I get him into the jump phase). Also fuck you for managing to hit the one time I blinded you (I went blind and magic mitigation to make him useless, bad move you're just fucking with RNG hoping OHKO doesn't hit). Hopefully complaining on GAF works.

Should have gone with the sandworm for this stamina top-up Edit: I really should have done that as it doesn't give a stamina shard.

Wait, for the changes they made to the medal calculations

1 Character KO at the end of the round isn't even a medal anymore?
Yes. Watch out on bosses though as many have a do not be KOd condition so you would lose 3 medals there.

Right now? Dark Bahamut at about half as lucrative the orb/stam ratio, but you get small shots at 5* Black orbs.

White Dragon is the best GSO/stamina ratio we've had since virtually forever, but I'm finding it more and more of a chore as Orb Dungeon creeps closer and closer.

Right now I'm sitting here with a full stamina bar and don't even want to take 10 minutes to empty it on white/power daily, let alone White Dragon.

OH WELL.

With orb fest and later orb exchanging, I have zero desire to farm anything remotely annoying. So it is the daily for me, yesterday i netted 4 gwos and 2/glos without humbaba or sling for glos. My target is 500 to 1000 of each 3 star orb for the time the exchange hits. I figure I'll get enough orbs to hone what I need through events dungeons and dailies without the annoyances and inefficiencies of sling.

The secret best part about mage meta is not even bothering to change anything to do dailies. Just nuke everything.

And I'm glad you started talking about the meta a few weeks back. Up until my lucky pulls from last week, my only 65's were physical.

Do you normally run 4 mages, one healer or 3/1/1 with a bodyguard? I wish there was a RM that restored a physical skill once per battle

Falk

that puzzling face
It's typically 2 BM, 1 SUM, 1 WHM with Diaga and one debuff guy who just sits there with whatever shitty 4* RS dagger I have in the back row with 2 r2 Breakdowns.

There are variations -

- 2 BM, 1 SUM with Diaga (Lucky enough to have a red stick), White Mage healer (with Curaga + Protectga/Shellga/Slowga/etc), debuff guy
- 1 BM, 1 SUM, 1 WHM DPS, 1 WHM healer, debuff guy
etc.

Depends on the RS (FFV = Diaga Nuke Zone for example) and/or if the boss needs an additional debuff on top of Power or Magic Breakdown from debuff guy.

Debuff guy is quintessential. He's not there to do damage. He's there to cut boss damage by ~2/3 (or ~1/3 with break resist) and boost everyone's DPS with Mental Breakdown.

I rarely, if ever, bring Faith, because there's been enough leeway with juggling around items and RM to get everyone above 9k per nuke, making Faith an actual DPS loss over casting another nuke.

Razmos

Goddamn Japan.

They have a new event coming up which is Festival of Gold and the Orb festival rolled into one, and they have this:
There appears to be a separate campaign going on at the same time, called "Lucky Relic Draw". Apparently during this campaign, you can do an 11-draw for half price (doesn't specify whether this is gems or mythril or both), limited to once per day. During this campaign, if you draw a 5*, it'll definitely be a character relic.

Do want :(

That sounds like Sazh! He's pew-pewing breakdowns and occasionally putting up Boons as well. It'll be tough when he reaches 65

Mine just hit 65, but I'll still use him if I think Boon will be more than just a bit of gravy. I don't care about no XP loss; I'm gonna drop so much mythril into the orbfest that all my characters will be maxed anyways.

UdlQWNOl.jpg

So close....

So busy with work. Managed to beat four fiends but no time to do the other two boss rushes :(

I'm pretty sure I could master them but I just don't have the time.

At least I got Bioga.

Falk

that puzzling face
This week is going to be a good catch up week. Dungeon update, despite having a couple of 100+stam stinkers, didn't really take that long, FFXIV event is really short, no new events for a good few days.

This week is going to be a good catch up week. Dungeon update, despite having a couple of 100+stam stinkers, didn't really take that long, FFXIV event is really short, no new events for a good few days.

Which is perfect for me, as I still have 2 classic (V) and 20 Elites (4 - IV, 10 - V, 5 - IX, 2 - X, 1 - XIII) before I'm caught up. Heck, I still need to do the Boss Rush, White Dragon and Dark Bahamut.

BTW, do you know how many Mythril the XIV event gives? I've been focused on clearing my painting backlog as I try to build up enough for an 11 pull.
Which will end up just being all 3*s anyways, >_>

QiG2TxZl.jpg

2nd time was more successful. Still mad that I died the first time. Vivi used Quake when doom was at 0 and killed him but apparently the clock must still run for a little but longer as my party died at the start of his death animation. Oh well. Just have FF5 left in the new dungeons.

MicH

Since SBC5 I've managed to collect 46 more mythril. I really didn't think I'd have enough for an 11 pull on the XIV banner, but thanks to the dungeon update and me skipping all dailies (except exp) since then I managed to. Yay!

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm tempted considering the stats and SBs on the banner, but considering I'm not having a hard time with stuff right now, I'm gonna scrooge and just wait for SSB banners
so I can get more disappointed!

I'm tempted considering the stats and SBs on the banner, but considering I'm not having a hard time with stuff right now, I'm gonna scrooge and just wait for SSB banners
so I can get more disappointed!

What's the magic stat on your BM nukers without RS usually, Falk? I feel like I have some decent gear and ok hones but I can't get mage meta to work for me.

For instance, I tried FFV Titan and Manticore elite with an all mage team and even with mental breakdown applied, I only hit for like 5000 with ga spells. Or are you rocking all r3+ ja spells now?

Road

Only Y'shtola staff is great in this banner, IMO. AOE heals are always useful, but if I'm going to pull for them, I'd rather go for the better ones (I tried for Yuna and there's Eiko's in the future). As for everything else, I'd rather get synergy for other realms. Gonna try a couple draws and maybe I'll be lucky.

Just beat Gilgamesh and finished all the new content. For the first time I did everything in pairs of Classic and Elite of the same dungeon. Before, I'd first finish all classics, then elites (with a few exceptions for memory crystal). Going from FFXIII dungeons to FFV made me want a 5* RS mage weapon for all realms. I have a Hunter Rod and Quake was enough for trash mobs on FFXIII, but I don't have one for FFV so Quake fell short of one shooting the trash. I could have used a Summoner, but not enough hones.

I don't know if I'll start the FFXIV event today. I'll probably use the rest of stamina for White Dragon, since it ends tomorrow, or daily.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah I've been doing classic/elite together for a while now. It's like a training run just to get an idea of trash waves and boss abilities. Just so it's all fresh in your mind if nothing else.

also less mucking around with the UI for different RS back and forth

Road

What's the magic stat on your BM nukers without RS usually, Falk? I feel like I have some decent gear and ok hones but I can't get mage meta to work for me.

For instance, I tried FFV Titan and Manticore elite with an all mage team and even with mental breakdown applied, I only hit for like 5000 with ga spells. Or are you rocking all r3+ ja spells now?

Not Falk, but this was my first time clearing almost everything with mage meta (with three 5* black mage weapon), and, yeah, I was using mostly Ja spells -- I have r3 Thundaja, Firaja and Waterja and r2 Blizzaja. 3* spells are too weak unless it's exploiting elemental weakness or a 5* RS weapon. The fight will last about twice as long.

Manticore (video / setup) is a tank (411 RES). I had to add Faith on top of Magic Break so I could hit over 9000, and I brought Poison just in case I ran out of of abilities. Titan (video / setup) has less RES, so I had the usual Diaga in place of Faith and had 4 people dishing out damage.

I did go with Advataliate for Gilgamesh, though, because I was scared I was going to run out of abilities (and trash had that cat enemy immune to Quake).

Gonna do a 50 pull on the 14 banner as unless 14 gear becomes super common a good 4-5 star or two for future 14 events/realms can go a long way I imagine

97 gems pull... Now I will forever have 3 gems. Oh and 0/24 on getting a 5* on 100 gems. When I did my first 100 gems pull, I had about 8% chance of getting to where I am now! Talk about luck! :p

The event went live and storm dragon elite left me with 12 stamina, thanks storm dragon.

I'm glad I mastered it without cyan. I lost 3 medals, 1 for action and 2 for damage, the little guy hits like a truck.

Adeptrain

If the server JSON is anything to go by, the 5* rate is still 10%.

Anyway, did one pull and got the staff. Be jealous.

Are you sure it's only 10%? I've only been playing for a week, but I just did a 3 relic draw with saved mithril and got Thancred's daggers and Y'shtola staff.

Are you sure it's only 10%? I've only been playing for a week, but I just did a 3 relic draw with saved mithril and got Thancred's daggers and Y'shtola staff.

I read on Reddit that new accounts are getting a boost for their first few banners. I don't know how true it is but I have seen crazy pulls from new players.

I know the Relic pull thread on Reddit gives biased results but it looks like everyone and their mom, dog and hamster pulled a Thyrus.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got that 5 star Cudgel thing. Even when I get 5* in this game, it's a massive disappointment. I guess it's something I can feed away later on or something.

elty

97 gem: 3* crap
50 mythril: the sword, regal gown, 3 4* and 6 3*

Well a retaliator weapon, I will take that. Going to save my mythril for orb fest.

Xetherion

11 pull got me one 5*, the Yoshimitsu XIV! My first natural 5* dagger, woohoo!

Also I didn't even notice the 100 gems pull only cost 97 until you guys mentioned it. Weird, but if it continues to be like that then we'll eventually get another pull from the savings, cool.

FireVoa

Pulled a Thyrus and put it up as my RW (9HRP) but was wondering if doing a second pull on this banner is worth it for anything else? I'm just saving mithral till Organics at this point or Orb fest. Anything on the horizon worth noting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom