• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

How the hell does my account have 97 gems on it. What costs 3 gems?

All the gem costs are discounted by 3% for some reason.

In any event, I dropped about 130 mythril on this banner and got Thancred's knife, Y'shtola's robe, the bow and the bracers. Pretty satisfied, but debating whether I should spend a little more to try for a Thyrus.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Did an 11 pull and got Y'shtola's staff AND robes! So happy when I saw the two rainbow orbs pop up. I know who's going to be my MVP for a while. Also have Tellah's rod and Quistis's whip so I think I'm good to go with mage gear.

Set Y'shtola's Stoneskin II as my roaming warrior if anyone wants to use it - qffi.

broz0rs

uGGusHT.png

This is my third straight pull (one per banner) in which the CULT OF THREE has delivert

MicH

So, what is the boy good for? Physical damage?
He is pretty much useless right now. We get two good Celerity abilities in the Zack event (Dismissal and Dual Delay) so he'll be better then. We won't get ninja abilities for a few months though

Did 3 single pulls and got the Ninja Chainmail on the last one. Not quite the one I was hoping for, but I guess I can't complain about more 5* armour, especially one with a soul break.

Nohar

I've got four 4*, the rest were 3*.

I have very strong words which I may or may not have just edited out towards this game right now.

... What? We got a maintenance now?

If they decide to add the gacha improvement after I just pulled, I swear to all that is unholy, there will be a lot of dead rosters in my garden (it was that or my kitten, and I won't hurt my kitten). But it is probably to fix the 97 gems thingy.

Balphon

Spent all my remaining mythril on this banner in what must have been a fit of madness. Didn't get the Thyrus I was looking for, but ended up with enough useful stuff that I think I'm set on gear for awhile.

Well it had to happen sometime. 11 pull, 2 4*, 9 3*. Hey I now have a fake 6* Golden Shield++
shields suck

edit: see I got a worse pull than Nohar. Especially since the 3*s included two Shuriken, a Tiger Claws, Bastard Sword.

Any point to do the event now as there is no event quest?
Get the characters at least as they are required for the event quests. Apparently in Japan the event quests for the extra battles were a few days after the extra battles. Maybe they're doing the same for the regular battles. In other words they are dragging this event out.

Wazzy

Banned
Ohhh Thancred and Y'shtola! It's fun knowing exactly who both are. :D

Also I'm super behind so I really need to start catching up. I've been burnt out from my F2P's but still logging in for bonuses.

Razmos

Did around 16 pulls and it should come as no surprise to anyone that I didn't get a unique soul break equip, again :(

I did get the Cobalt Katzballer (or whatever its called) which.. has a great shared soul break for any of my physical fighters, so that's cool I guess. I also got my first ever Danjuro which will be helpful in the upcoming Vaan/Ashe event.

I got quite a few 4* items which I combined into about four 6* items, including a staff that increases holy damage, and I also got a 4* FFXII Rod which will be helpful.

I'm not as disappointed as I usually am because the stuff I did get is quite useful, but it still stings to not get a unique 5* AGAIN

EDIT: Complaining on GAF worked, kinda. I used the 5 mythril from the compensation for another pull and got The Keep of Saints (the Rod). My first 5* rod! yeah

Nohar

I spent 5 Mythril (from the free gift) to get another item. I got a 4* Hypnocrown. I now have two 4*++ Hypnocrown... I'm not complaining, they will be useful for FFV synergy, but I need 5* equipment.

Razmos

lol, don't forget to bring protectga to the Gyges fight, jeez.
Him and the stone servants spam reallllllyyy powerful AoE moves, I was not prepared, haha.

I really like this event, the bosses are interesting and new and the music is fantastic

MicH

I think I have enough staves now. I have a 5*++ Judgment Staff (126 MND), a 5*+ Lullaby Rod (123 MND, 109 MAG) and 5* Thyrus (116 MND). I also have enough rods (3x Hunter's Rod which I'll probably combine so I have a 5*+ and a 5* and the XIV one. Lullaby Rod has good MAG too). Not to mention all the other rods and staves that aren't native 5* but are still really good with synergy.

What I really need is a decent gun and I'm set. Vega pls. I already have a 5* spear (Heat Lance), 5* dagger (Danjuro, Behemoth Knife, Keepsake Knife), 5* music instrument (Fabled Harp), 5* fist (Crystal Glove) and a 5* bow (Loxley Bow) + a variety of 5* swords (both of Squall's gunblade (VIII), Blazefire Sabre (XIII), Flame Sword (IV), Gaia Blade (II), Butterfly Edge (VII), Thunder Blade and Zantsuken(VI))

Razmos

Eh, I'm grateful for a couple of days to catch up.

People on reddit have started receiving their welcome packs (the mythril, item upgrade, gil, growth egg packs)

The person who posted it said that they didn't come from another DeNa game, nor were they sent the invitation, they got the link from the subreddit and filled it in. So with any luck, we should get it too.

I decided to last minute draw on FF IV banner (might still be tipsy from Oktoberfest last night) since it had three MAG weapons and I have awful MAG output.

I got a Polymorph Rod.

Glory be!

I also got a second Dark Helm.

This is my first duplicate 5★, I'm having a slight pause on combining it. Thoughts?

Balphon

This is my first duplicate 5★, I'm having a slight pause on combining it. Thoughts?

If you can think of a scenario where you would use two 5* helms in one fight, don't combine it. Basically every frontline sword-user can equip them except for Lightning (and she will get a buff to equip them at some point). Helms also generally have a better stat allocation than heavy armor.

I have three 20/20 Genji Helms, personally.

Xetherion

I decided to last minute draw on FF IV banner (might still be tipsy from Oktoberfest last night) since it had three MAG weapons and I have awful MAG output.

I got a Polymorph Rod.

Glory be!

I'd keep it separate. Helms are awesome, pretty much the best armor type for physical characters IMO.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm torn. On one hand you want as good stats on your ret guy as possible especially in a post-softcap-#2-change world. On the other, there will always be situations where you want a second guy to hit decently hard.

Woke up this morning with 10 Mythril in my inventory. Did a first pull and got the ninja chainmail. Decided to do another pull and got my second Thyrus. This banner has been more than good go me. 3 character soul break items for 35 Mythril.

forgrim

I pulled 3 11 pulls, and got two white robes and a evoker hat...really wanted a weapon but damn if I don't have good armor for a 2 mage 2 white mage compositions now.

Probably gonna try to get 50 for one more ten pull.

Now that I have more than 1 Soul Break I guess I should check in and see if it's worth changing my RW. Here's what I have aside from default character SBs and the ones given to you (e.g. Valor Minuet II)

Status Reels (current RW) - Damage and decrease Def/Res
Death Blossom - Physical damage to all targets with high chance to Slow
Cross Slash - Damage & Paralyze one target
Meteorite - lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Death Blossom probably would get the most use. AOE slow is pretty great on some encounters, and with the sort-of-downtime nowadays pure AOE RWs are gonna see a little more use as people clear paintings and/or do dailies rather than sweat over superbosses.

Balphon

Now that I have more than 1 Soul Break I guess I should check in and see if it's worth changing my RW. Here's what I have aside from default character SBs and the ones given to you (e.g. Valor Minuet II)

Status Reels (current RW) - Damage and decrease Def/Res
Death Blossom - Physical damage to all targets with high chance to Slow
Cross Slash - Damage & Paralyze one target
Meteorite - lol

I'd agree with Falk that Death Blossom is easily the most broadly useful RW of those.

Good call on the AOEs - I didn't think about that. I'm almost tempted to put Meteorite on (or something equally worthless) for a few days to try to get some of these random Cloud Sonic Break and Tyro Judgement Grimoires to stop taking up space on my followers list, but I don't know that it will actually work.

edit: Whoops, thought it was a shared SB. Need to get the new character first. I'll do that tomorrow after I'm done farming the White Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom