• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

Time to wipe up these leftover elites from last update. I'm bringing the A team, not messing around with underlevelled characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah between the ~384347 5* eggs from last week and Orb Dungeon coming up I've been doing Elites and +/++/+++ with full 65 parties.

and today's daily with Y'shtola and Thancred getting 1-shot over and over because I find it hilarious you can now do that and not lose medals

Falk

that puzzling face
1tX7Y9f.png

I'm saved and don't need to uninstall because of OCD

MicH

Okay, fuck Quake! Just did two stages with 3 floors of enemies each (and they included that annoying imp that absorbs all magic except NE) with Valefor + Maduin + Meteor. So much easier than Quake bring absorbed/doing nothing or not doing enough to kill

ZangBa

I just started playing this a few days ago and love it. What I should I do if I feel stuck? I got up to a point where I'm in FFVIII and have to deal with the mechanical thing and I just don't feel powerful enough to progress. Do I just grind through daily dungeons for now? I got the new characters from the event and used my 50 mythril to try and get that item the aoe heal soul break, but all I got was 3* junk :<

I just started playing this a few days ago and love it. What I should I do if I feel stuck? I got up to a point where I'm in FFVIII and have to deal with the mechanical thing and I just don't feel powerful enough to progress. Do I just grind through daily dungeons for now? I got the new characters from the event and used my 50 mythril to try and get that item the aoe heal soul break, but all I got was 3* junk :<

Are you still doing classics? If so, check the elites. There may be elites that are lower difficulty than the classic dungeon you're trying to do. Other than that, Sunday's daily dungeon gives a large amount of experience - be sure to grind it all day to level up your characters quickly. Tuesday is arguably the most important daily dungeon for orbs (Black & Power) - most people drop everything and farm this each week.

Falk

that puzzling face
Me too, but I got off that boat. Those "100 gems" add up

Eh, it's all how you look at it. If you're comparing it to an indie game, yeah $100 over two years seems like a lot (assuming 1 per week for 52 a year).

On the other hand if you're comparing it to your daily or weekly entertainment allowance, $1 a week really isn't that big a figure. I've probably spent more time on this than many console games at this point.

Come two-banner events I'm only going to Gem one or the other though hahahahah. NOT FALLING FOR THAT DENA.

Nohar

Completed all the elites. I guess I will just do some daily dungeons until the FFXIV quests are up (bad game-design choice by the way).

I tend to get a lot of 4-star FF5 items when doing relic pulls. It's annoying, but I am tearing through these FF5 elite dungeons with a full party of 5-star or better gear that's predominantly 4++.

MicH

I am so happy to be done with the Ronka Ruins 2 Elite. That boss is just annoying reviving himself four times. Thank god his defenses are paper thin

Ah yes that flying FFXIII boss you have to fight twice. Even with two fonts of wisdom used I still practically ran out of abilities. Poison damage really helps here (if you're really desperate you could just poison and wait). RW was Hymn of Faith which was my only source of healing. Mage meta feels like living on the edge at times (while at other times it feels godly).

With that down to 3 elite paintings left. Chaos Shine 2, Shifting Sands, Macalania woods.

Completed all the elites. I guess I will just do some daily dungeons until the FFXIV quests are up (bad game-design choice by the way).
There is always greater orb or 2* gear farming to consider as well but dailies are quicker more mindless and some would say better in the long run.

Speaking of the FFXIV event quests does anyone know if you need to champion while the quest is active to get the reward as I was thinking you might be able to save potential headaches by championing with a 5 person party then only scoring a clear under the event quest condition.

Falk

that puzzling face
But mage meta -should- be netting you at least 240k damage (see my post)

80k + 80k plus a recharge in between shouldn't be a problem :(

edit: I'm daft and thinking of Classic. Yeah, it should tax on Elite, 125 + 135ish.

Road

Still haven't touched the FFXIV event...

I did some rough Math for orb event exp:

Assuming
1. Orb Dungeon lasts for 13 days
2. I'll spend 16 hours of my stamina on each day
3. Each battle on Heroic is about 58k exp for 15 stamina

I'll get ~16M exp from doing that. Enough to get 6.9 characters to level 60.

Assuming
1. 40 stamina refreshes (10 per each dungeon)
2. Full stamina bar at 133

I'll get ~20M exp from the refreshes. Enough for 8.8 characters to level 60.

Overall, I'll get enough exp to put 15.7 characters to level 60.

Assuming the same schedule as Japan, we'll get only 9 new characters until there, plus another 8 I have at level 1. That's 17 characters I'll have to level up (including the useless core that only need to be level 50, which means less XP).

I'm starting to wonder if I should skip Sunday XP until the orb event in hope that all the event XP doesn't go to waste.

------

I'm so eager for the orb dungeon
which will lead me to disappointment when I only get less 20 greater orbs of each type
, that I'm doing the current orb dungeon in Japan. With this super team, I'm able to clear the EX (harder than Heroic). So many 3* orbs, especially when you get 5 cactuars in one round, each drop a 3* orb with a chance of 4* orbs. You get all sorts of crazy drops:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/b...V3VtW5FyqjUsIetF767Ydk0ldw5o48nQxrHxG=w720-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/w...jmDfUHSMWwH1WdPmqler1F5bM8OhX31l=w489-h869-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/S...d27Eh8InFg6nROrfQlOKL1jAlKre3r2E=w489-h869-no
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/e...5p050UWxUJhDm7HfOtAgoSOvapeZUu2A=w489-h869-no

I wouldn't worry about exp going to waste. It takes a lot to level from 50 to 65 so you can always focus on leveling people to that.
edit: Misread and thought you calculated the exp to 50 rather than 60. Do you have any elites to do otherwise?

Road

I wouldn't worry about exp going to waste. It takes a lot to level from 50 to 65 so you can always focus on leveling people to that.
edit: Misread and thought you calculated the exp to 50 rather than 60. Do you have any elites to do otherwise?

Yeah, to level 60. The orb dungeon is just A LOT of XP. It's practically one Sunday every day for 13 days (and that's not counting possible stamina refreshes). In comparison, Festival of Gold lasted only 3 days (although it gave eggs as well).

I've finished all story dungeons, so my Sundays would be wasting time getting three or four greater orbs farming. Or maybe I could schedule myself to do events Sunday and orb daily the other days of the week. All in all, it's a question of how should I waste my exp so I feel less bad about all the waste. =P

I'd probably work on events on Sunday and Thursday in that case rather than farm bosses for greater orbs. In the long run you'll end up with more greater orbs from the orb conversion by running the dailies than running bosses and the orb fest is right around the corner for any abilities you want to create/hone before the conversion comes out.

Falk

that puzzling face
Real talk, all else being equal, it's going to be far easier to farm a 5* and break it into 10 4*s than it is to farm 4*s or 3*s.

MicH

So close to being caught up with story dungeons. Only need 2 IV, 2 VI, 1 VII, 1 X and 1 XIII elite to be caught up. Working on my last X elite now (the sandworm one). I'll probably leave Barthandelus for last. Not really feeling that one :p

MicH

Took your advice Falk and did an 11 pull. I got the Cobalt Katzbalger and Thyrus.

When does the FF14 event finish?
You got one of the best (if not the best) relics in the game. Congrats! The sword is pretty darn good too. The ATK up on the SB is really, really good

I believe the event ends on October 1st or something close to that. You can see the end date on the event banner ingame

Thats good to hear :) Hopefully everyone else has had something nice too.

Still 10 days then, will try get strong enough for the second memory crystal!

Narag

Pulled on the banner again since I actually read up on the weapons in it and pulled a Danjuro. not like this

edit: guess it's not too bad with Vaan around the corner

Razmos

I'm currently replaying Final Fantasy XIII and hoo boy, if you thought Anima, Brynhildr, Odin or Barthandelus were tough, Dahaka is going to be a damn brick wall.

Truck loads of HP, incredibly strong AoE magic, switches elements and resistances constantly and does so by doing a huge ultimate attack that also cleanses the boss of all status effects, it also casts Haste and Faith on itself and can dispel your buffs.

He also has a phase where he starts by using Diluvial Plague, inflicting nearly every status effect in the game on the party and then becoming resistant to all elements.

Say what you will about FFXIII but the bosses are BRUTAL.

I look forward to seeing it in sprite form though

MicH

Barthandelus, I'm coming for you!

Pulling like crazy on the Lightning banner came through. Some stats:

Rinoa: 342 MAG
Garnet: 279 MAG
Vivi: 376 MAG
Yuna: 323 MND

Everyone has over 200 RES. Hopefully I can pull it off in time!

MicH

I don't really hate you, but I think I hate you.
:( While I didn't get the damn Vega, I got so much other stuff. The Sanctum Gloves are used on my mages 9/10 times. They're so damn good

If it's any consolation I use your Luneth RW all the time! :p

Negator

:( While I didn't get the damn Vega, I got so much other stuff. The Sanctum Gloves are used on my mages 9/10 times. They're so damn good

If it's any consolation I use your Luneth RW all the time! :p

Thanks for the gil, lol.

I think the soul break mastery and the Spellblade Lunneth buff with his memory crystal has made him my best character. He probably won't ever leave my party now.

I too use your luneth all the time negator. Very handy.

Edit: as an aside, I have an advance friend that has been awol for 59 days, if he ever logs back in, think of the crazy Gil he will pull. My oldest absent friend is a runic celes at 79 days.

MicH

Had no problem with Barthandelus - then again, I do have a lot of great XIII gear. I feared I didn't have enough abilities to get him down, but I had plenty to spare and 30 seconds remaining when he went down. I'm now at max stamina and two elites to go (though they don't give stamina shards)

Nohar

Had no problem with Barthandelus - then again, I do have a lot of great XIII gear. I feared I didn't have enough abilities to get him down, but I had plenty to spare and 30 seconds remaining when he went down. I'm now at max stamina and two elites to go (though they don't give stamina shards)

MicH, with all due respect, if you didn't beat Barthandelus with the gear you had, I would have ended you.

Falk

that puzzling face
Barthandelus, I'm coming for you!

Pulling like crazy on the Lightning banner came through. Some stats:

Rinoa: 342 MAG
Garnet: 279 MAG
Vivi: 376 MAG
Yuna: 323 MND

Everyone has over 200 RES. Hopefully I can pull it off in time!

You have 3 XIII rods ahahahahah

(I did too then I combined two Hunter rods)

I think the soul break mastery and the Spellblade Lunneth buff with his memory crystal has made him my best character. He probably won't ever leave my party now.

Luneth has an MC?

Nohar

Not only does he have his MC, but his RM2 is a second Auto-Haste. Super useful.

Bartandalus is a complete jerk. wow.

Took me a few retries to beat him with Advancetaliate. He loved to use Thanatosian Smile at the worst possible moment (I had Power Breakdown, but its effect tended to wear off right before I could re-apply it, and he uses this attack in the meanwhile).

Edit: Well, it seems Falk was banned. That happened.

Negator

Took me a few retries to beat him with Advancetaliate. He loved to use Thanatosian Smile at the worst possible moment (I had Power Breakdown, but its effect tended to wear off right before I could re-apply it, and he uses this attack in the meanwhile).

I had a hard time until I realized that the FF13 bracer I pulled had Protectga built in. I didn't have Advancetittalate but I did have Lunneth in the party swinging for 8k a turn.

LucaMac

Speaking of absentee RWs, poor old CPP has been gone a fairly long time. 80+ days now I think. I wasn't even fully registered and couldn't post before he left but still feel like I was here the same time. FFRKI still gets a lot of use all around it seems and the creator quit the game months ago. After all that work gone in to it I feel bad that it came to it. I think he said he was worried about becoming a whale and quit.

Also, speaking of major presences of the gaf disappearing, Falk is banned again? What does he do to keep getting banned exactly?

Zelias

Banned
Started playing this yesterday. Current party is Tyro/Y'shtola/Rydia/Cloud/Wakka. Story dungeons are super easy though. I assume the difficulty ramps up? Probably doesn't help that I got a 5* on my first relic pull and got those growth eggs from the first two FFXIV event dungeons.

Super fun so far though. Really scratches that FF nostalgia itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom