• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The event quests themselves have all the requirements. Event > Event Quest

Oh I see now, there's no way to check that after the quest has been accepted lol (but you can after completion). I vaguely remembered seeing it somewhere but it's only in the full drilled down description page.

MicH

I just completed my last elite dungeon!! I'm now completely caught up with all dungeons! I can finally relax and do some dailies!
... Until the next dungeon update...

Adeptrain

Gah!
I just found out that those bonus quests (for specific elite dungeons) in the quest tab reward you with characters!!! I kept feeling like I didn't have enough realm specific characters to really benefit from the +50% exp and buff and wondered if I just missed a ton of special dungeons.

Are there any other obvious little things I might have missed? I read the faqs and starting guides and none of them mentioned you can get characters in the bonus quests :/ And since they were elite quests, I was saving them for later.

ultra7k

Ugh! Finally got Josef's RM2, Double hit after something like 700-800 stamina spent in total. Semitt Falls 4 was where it ended up dropping....

I can't say I've ever had such bad luck with other RMs.

eastx

Ugh! Finally got Josef's RM2, Double hit after something like 700-800 stamina spent in total. Semitt Falls 4 was where it ended up dropping....

I can't say I've ever had such bad luck with other RMs.

It seems to have the worst drop rate of them all. Grinding for it is sooooo boring - DeNA really should fix it.

Guess I'll try Semitt Falls 4!

Gah!
I just found out that those bonus quests (for specific elite dungeons) in the quest tab reward you with characters!!! I kept feeling like I didn't have enough realm specific characters to really benefit from the +50% exp and buff and wondered if I just missed a ton of special dungeons.

Are there any other obvious little things I might have missed? I read the faqs and starting guides and none of them mentioned you can get characters in the bonus quests :/ And since they were elite quests, I was saving them for later.

Most of the starting guides probably don't mention those because those quests were only added a couple months ago

And those characters are from older events anyhow

Nohar

Oh no, they have plenty of events for us. It is just that the FFXIV event is... not so great (why delay the quests?) and rather short. We are getting Zack's event soon (Thursday in Europe if I am right).

ultra7k

It seems to have the worst drop rate of them all. Grinding for it is sooooo boring - DeNA really should fix it.

Guess I'll try Semitt Falls 4!

I read somewhere that Semitt Falls 4 has the best stamina/enemy ratio...it consistently gives you 3 enemies per fight unlike other battles in that level.

GL!

Balphon

Got two 5* in my last three pulls from the XIV banner. Still no Thyrus, but Thancred has Death Blossom now so I will probably switch my RW from Dancing Edge to that once the event is over.

I think this event might be getting dragged out to keep the time gap a bit more consistent as we are skipping the Edward/Mog event for sure (how now does Edward get his MC, have a strange feeling it is in that choose 4 MCs event down the line) and some people speculate the FF2 event is also being skipped down the line (which fucking sucks as it dragging one event out because you're going to miss another event for no reason).

This event sucks more than the collectathon/survival. Not even an ability as a reward and strung way too much out. Boring.

I've been farming for greater black orbs in IV babil for the last day or so, up twelve already. A long long way to go to get the 200 or so I need to hone all the jas to 4 and save some for rulings. Wish all of the greater orbs had a repeatable boss, I will not do the airplane trick unless I'm desperate.

I think I'll have a fair touch over 100 mythril for the orb event in a month. Figure four events, one dungeon and 30 days with the daily mythril will get me there, not to mention the 3 myhril per orb dungeon set as they progress. We'll see how the rate goes. I'm hoping that I can get away with a 25/10/35/15 split and save some mythril for later relic pulls.that also assumes that I personally have time to do that many stam refreshes over such a short time period. The only orbs I want from round two are the greater holys, so maybe there will be enough given out or farmable through the next events that I can drop that set from the paid refreshes entirely. Even if the drop rate is only slightly better than the dailies, at least the orbs can be combined later and I will likely have just about everyone capped out at 50/65 and be loaded Gil wise.

MicH

Yeah, I agree - the XIV event is horrendous. What were they thinking stretching it out like that?

I've used today to farm RM2s. Brought Luneth, Refia, Snow, WoL and Ranger to the daily. An entire day's worth of stamina and I've only gotten Snow's and Refia's. I want Luneth's the most.

Just did a bunch of heroic daily runs cause I still need lots of 3 star power and black orbs... I still need 2 star power orbs as well but I've given up on ever having enough of those

eastx

I'm thinking of quitting the game so that I can have more time to enjoy my Vita and read. Is it possible to sell one's account to other people? I assume a new player could just input your recovery code. And if so, where would be a good place to do it?

Red Mage

I'm thinking of quitting the game so that I can have more time to enjoy my Vita and read. Is it possible to sell one's account to other people? I assume a new player could just input your recovery code. And if so, where would be a good place to do it?

Do it on the FFRK Reddit and you'll get banned.

Since the Japanese version is in the festival with half priced 11 pulls and bunches of free stuff, I thought I'd give it a go on my iPad. Far less annoying to get it running than I thought, just a little tricky to navigate the windows initially due to the different layouts. Two 25 draws netted me four character relics not sure what two of them are, a rydia whip with the dragon summon and an Ashe staff. Unlocked balthier since I pulled his gun, Gilgamesh, and Ashe. Also got the cloud hard edge, so my team is pretty decent from jump. I'm doing a combo of running paintings for stamina and myhril, a few runs of the daily and orb festival for rewards, lower levels only of course, and the X event, going to try to get at least the characters and one mem crystal unlocked.

The thing I've found most surprising is the amount of rws out there using relics we have, like the owa for example, the sending, de protecga.

Narag

CPoWSUQUcAA-r_7.jpg:large

Pulled an esterhian helm or whatever earlier too so I'm now ready for whenever the next VIII event is.

WarAdept

Got a Genji Shield from a 100 relic pull.

Happy that my luck actually decided to be fruitful for once.

I wanted that Circlet.

MicH

Finally managed to get Luneth's RM2! Only ones I'm missing are Josef's (fuck that) and Kain's (too lazy to bring him when I completed the dungeon). Awesome!

Why is the Zack event so damn long? so many filler dungeons filled with only trash waves.
It is no different to most challenge events. 10 dungeons, bosses in every other one. Elite is same as classic. Bit of a stamina sink but if you're caught up its a good time for the event as it is only taking you away from random farming.

Yes more recent ones have had more bosses and some have also had different set ups for elite.

Personally I'm in favor of no bosses rather than random trash turned into bosses *cough* Cecil *cough*.

Edit: Classic done. Did elite Schizo. I'll wait for data but in spite of the more lax medal requirements I found them harder hitting than they were during Tifa.

Don't forget the new honing quests. Dagger toss is quite nice reward (effectively working out as exchanging 15 lesser wind for 5 lesser power).

lKoTu90l.jpg

Did 2 pulls on this banner and got this! I've been feeling lucky recently so I decided to do a couple of pulls and it paid off. Now to determine whether to use Aerith or Y'shtola with her Thyrus for my long term white mage.

Wow got healers robe for XIV on a yolo pull too lol.

Also when is the English version 1st anniversary? Cause the JP version is a flood of items. 50x mythril today and a 5star sword.

johnsmith

remember me
I want Thyrus so bad. If I was guaranteed getting it I'd drop $30 on the game right away, but after last night's godawful 11 pull I know I'd just get trash.

Razmos

Sounds like Advent Children Cloud is the first costume being released, along with an event and banner.

Cloud getting something first? I am SHOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom