• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Mage

Ultima Weapon was surprisingly easy. Set up Defenses, use Retaliate with Cloud, armor break and then double cut your way to victory.

Nohar

Usual EXP dungeon for me. Zack and Tifa are 52, though I will probably ditch Tifa for the boss rush and EX fights and take Tyro instead (I need a Breakdown user, Red XIII is level capped, and a Sentinel Grimoire is always handy).

Azusa

One more 11x pull and zero XIV five stars. Fine.

I have checked future banners and looks like I can hoard some mythril for orbfest. The next 3 banners feature equipment for boring characters.

johnsmith

remember me
Welp, decided to do a random single pull from the 14 banner and got the ninja chainmail. I could not be less excited to get a character relic. I just want the Thyrus.

Last but not least, will Red XIII ever get his memory crystal? Poor dog.
Dungeon update 12. Moore Forest elite 113 difficulty (if that fight is anything like its FFV version /nocheese that number is a lie).

Considering dungeon update 10 should hit "soon" we can pin a date of late October/early November. Not sure if that means it misses the estimate orbfest date or not.

B.K.

Finally got a decent 11 pull.

809pZYj.jpg

I'm glad I got that robe. I needed a decent AoE healing Soul Break. That's the piece I was wanting the most from this banner.

MicH

Probably not gonna pull until Organyx and then the Hope banner (need that Vega). I do intend to throw some mythril at the orb fest too

Seeing that 20 x Giant Scarletite as a reward for the EX+++ motivated me to finally clean up my inventory. Used over 30 2*++ items as upgrade fodder. There are also some 3* (and 3*++) that I have that I'll likely never use, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them after having spent mythril on them. Still, ended up clearing out quite a bit - feels good. If anyone else has been considering doing this, FFRK Inspector is a god send for filtering these items and comparing them to the rest of your gear.

I said fuck it and created and honed Valefor (I didn't care about summons back in the day and wasted my chance to get it for free). Now I nuke trash on the dailies faster than cloud + retaliate.

WarAdept

Despite being at this game for weeks on end, I'm progressing at a fairly slow rate. Still only up to a new batch of FF7 story quests (and Demon's Gate is kicking my ass).

That being said, I do have a lot of characters at level 50 and was curious about Record Materia drops. As long as the character in question has broken their level limit, there's a chance that their 2nd RM can drop in any battle as long as they're in your party correct?

Would love those Mana/Summon Spring II's.

B.K.

As long as the character in question has broken their level limit, there's a chance that their 2nd RM can drop in any battle as long as they're in your party correct?

Nope. Each character has their own conditions for getting their second Record Materia. Check each character in the Record Materia menu. That will tell you the condition for getting their second Record Materia, if they even have one. Not all characters even have two yet.

WarAdept

Nope. Each character has their own conditions for getting their second Record Materia. Check each character in the Record Materia menu. That will tell you the condition for getting their second Record Materia, if they even have one. Not all characters even have two yet.

Ah perfect, thanks for clarifying that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is there a site that shows where each dungeon update starts/ends? I'm on the Mysidia Caverns Pt 3 (FF II) and I have no idea how far behind I am haha

Well, I am giving up on mastering Ifrit. I just can't do enough damage with the options available to me at this time. It would be nice if there were more gear rewards from the event to field some synergy, but without doing relic draws it's hard to deal meaningful damage to such as resilient boss. Even the boss rush was sturdy against non-synergy 5-stars.

Nohar

Arright. Time to bring the A-Team and beat the last fights of Zack's event. Shouldn't too hard, I hope. The good new is that Arc is getting his MC, which is really great since I needed a decent Summoner for the EXP daily, and almost all of mine are level-caped (barring, well, Summoner, but I have no intention to use him unless I really don't have a choice).

Seeing that 20 x Giant Scarletite as a reward for the EX+++ motivated me to finally clean up my inventory. Used over 30 2*++ items as upgrade fodder. There are also some 3* (and 3*++) that I have that I'll likely never use, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them after having spent mythril on them. Still, ended up clearing out quite a bit - feels good. If anyone else has been considering doing this, FFRK Inspector is a god send for filtering these items and comparing them to the rest of your gear.
Worth noting that something like five of the next seven EX+++ battle reward 20 x Giant Scarletite for mastery so you might have to just sell them sometime.

Also don't forget about the forbidden treasure rewards (which should be about a week from expiring now).

Azusa

Ifrit++ mastered. 4 man non-retaliate party.

I had to S/L 4 times because Ifrit spammed too much AOE towards the end and killed one or two characters. The main problem with this party is that I relied on Y'shtola relict SB - Medica II and on Evoker's Horn SB - Virus.
Rinoa managed to activate Virus two times after I have defeated the Nail. Each time Virus did a 4k damage and increased my magic damage significantly. And when Boon ended Ifrit stared to do too much damage on the whole party and only Medica helped me to survive it.
I don't think it will be possible for me to kill Ifrit without those two relicts.

Also Thancred is trash tier character so far. 550 dmg per hit? lol.

MicH

Wow, mastered all Zack bonus battles with no trouble at all. That was probably the easiest ++ and +++ battles for me. Schizo in the boss rush gave me the most trouble as I only had one Magic Breakdown left for that battle

Wow, mastered all Zack bonus battles with no trouble at all. That was probably the easiest ++ and +++ battles for me. Schizo in the boss rush gave me the most trouble as I only had one Magic Breakdown left for that battle

I actually had to redo the first fight to get my sbs up for schizo, I blew through them too fast and my strategy relied on using stoneskin and boon heh. A boss that you can paralzy and has low hp means my team can just wack away for a while and get an points.

Valus

I just started this game over the weekend and I'm so behind! It sucks that The FF14 & 7 events are ending soon, I was able to get the characters but there's no way I'm going to be able to get those memory crystals with my level 25 team before the events end. :( :( :(

MicH

I just started this game over the weekend and I'm so behind! It sucks that The FF14 & 7 events are ending soon, I was able to get the characters but there's no way I'm going to be able to get those memory crystals with my level 25 team before the events end. :( :( :(
Don't worry about it, you'll be able to get them later. For now I'd complete the story dungeons and return to the events when you've become stronger. The XIV characters are a bit useless for now as there aren't any XIV dungeons currently so they won't have realm synergy outside the event

Smashed Ultima Weapon on the first go. Everybody had FF7 bracers equipped so his little physical scratch could nearly one-shot Zack, but the boss had pretty limited opportunities to act. Tempo Flurry's slow stuck on the first round, and combined with Dismissal and an RW Boon, Ultima had trouble getting many attacks off on his own. Damage was high because my entire lineup except healer Aeris had an FF7 5-star weapon. So easy when you're overprepared.

LucaMac

Thanks for switching back to Yuna MicH. Getting a serious amount of use in the X dungeons as Carbuncle is king. Made himself and Mortibody a joke...

That said, I'm very glad that they didn't include their break/smash combo. That would have been nasty albeit hard to implement the mechanics of in this game I'm sure. We can all be thankful for that.

Meier

Finally earned up enough for another 3 pull and got 2 3*'s and a 4* again. All complete and utter garbage. Ridiculous how shitty the loot is from these on average.

Also, enough with the fucking FFXII weapons (especially staves with added elemental damage!)! Ugh!

Nohar

Finally earned up enough for another 3 pull and got 2 3*'s and a 4* again. All complete and utter garbage. Ridiculous how shitty the loot is from these on average.

Also, enough with the fucking FFXII weapons (especially staves with added elemental damage!)! Ugh!

The bane of every gacha puller. They really need to remove them: they are the worst 3* one could pull.

I had a similar thing with Rinoa when i started, and only just made it in time for Golbez MC so i know how it feels. Just remember you got to start at some point!
The next event is FFX themed so you can start levelling Wakka and Tidus if you get him in time to give you an edge in this event.

So in the FFVIII dungeon Balamb the Fuujin/Raijin battle sees the duo with break resistances. Even in classic which is quite surprising. On the positive side there is no Seifer here (unlike that evil EX++ fight) and the medal requirement is a lot less strict (in other words you can afford to take damage).

Also I used Runic against a berserked Defender X because the RW was there to use and it was amusing (blast punch is a magic attack for some reason). Even in classic Defender X was able to get two actions in for every one the Runic user had though.

MicH

Finally got the last three GWO I needed to hone Valefor toR3! Awesome! I don't think I'll hone it to R4 for quite some time though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom