• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Atk I guess. There was a pyramid diagram being posted and ibtnink Seph was at the top.

Just wondering with all the new additions where people fall into with their stats.

I don't think the best-in-stat is any different for JP than it is for us:

ATK - Sephiroth
DEF - Cecil (Paladin)
MAG - Vivi/Lulu
RES - Celes
MND - Lenna

I think Mog actually has the highest cumulative stat total.

Nohar

I'm almost done with Elites. Only Cerberus, Edea x Seifer, Judge Ghis and Demon Wall to beat. And tomorrow we get Auron's event. Too bad we are drowning in FFX 2*++ armors/hats (as for the banner, it is downright bad, and should be avoided).
Anyhow, EXP dungeon will come in handy to level Auron (our hero) and Khimari (he is terrible).

All classic and elite dungeons cleared. This update was way too small.
They get smaller. This is the last update to have 10 dungeons. The most recent update in Japan has 7 dungeons.

I understand that is how f2p work. You release less content as time goes on as making content is hard. As long as we don't get any of those "why not spend 5000 stamina getting some currency that will be useless after this event but can be exchanged for a major growth egg and a bag of nuts" events ever again. Oh wait they are just called daily dungeons now (at least they can empty a stamina bar reasonably quickly).

Jyrii

Banned
I have 105 Mythril stored. Should I save them for further banners or is there currently anything desirable?

I saw Buster Sword (VII-CC) hits 8 times, which seems pretty nice. But is the dmg crap?

Nohar

I have 105 Mythril stored. Should I save them for further banners or is there currently anything desirable?

I saw Buster Sword (VII-CC) hits 8 times, which seems pretty nice. But is the dmg crap?

Just so we are on the same page: are you playing Japanese or Global?

If you are playing Global: Aspiring Hero's banner is kinda meh, and Ultimate Guardian has nothing worth spending mythril over. Wait until Cloud's Organix, Eiko's banner, or the Super Soul Break Celebration if you are patient.

Jyrii

Banned
Just so we are on the same page: are you playing Japanese or Global?

If you are playing Global: Aspiring Hero's banner is kinda meh, and Ultimate Guardian has nothing worth spending mythril over. Wait until Cloud's Organix, Eiko's banner, or the Super Soul Break Celebration if you are patient.

Ah sorry, I play Global.

Guess I'll wait for further banners then.

Depending on what the drop rates are like the orb dungeon event might be worth throwing stamina refreshes at as well honed abilities are the other important thing to have. You'll only know at the time and thankfully the banners before it are safely skippable.

Depending on what the drop rates are like the orb dungeon event might be worth throwing stamina refreshes at as well honed abilities are the other important thing to have. You'll only know at the time and thankfully the banners before it are safely skippable.

People were dropping mythril when JP had it from what I remember.

At some point we're gonna get orb combining anyway so I don't really see the downside.

Nohar

And done with the Elites! Well, Edea & Seifer is actually quite scary. Edea must be Magic Breadown'd at all time, and/or you better bring Tyro with Sentinel Grimoire and Shellga (bad news: she can dispel). Seifer is almost immune to physical attacks, while Edea is almost immune to magical attacks by contrast. Your healer won't be able to keep everyone alive if she decides to cast Maelstrom a few times in a row (and her first action is always Maelstrom) then finish off one of your character with one of her regular attacks. She decided that I had pissed her off and cast Maelstrom 3 times in a row on my party. Without Magic Breakdown and Sentinel Grimoire I would certainly had to reload the battle.

Long story short: come prepared, this boss fight is no joke. Both are weak against Slow (and you really want to slow Edea). An AoE heal Soul Break (such as Yuna's) is also recommended if you have it.

Vorpal

I was out of town for a while but I've managed to keep up on all of the events! Just finished Aspiring Hero +++ this morning. Still hoarding all of my mythril for orb fest--I'm so close to having my entire roster at max level, and for some reason that's my big personal goal for this game. Lv. 5 Death be damned

Red Mage

Okay, so I was going to buy some gems for the 100 pull. I clicked on the 300 option as that's what I always pick. The app closed and when I opened it back up, I had 300 gems, but I wasn't charged for it.

johnsmith

remember me
I wish Auron had knight abilities. Samurai/knight is an op combo, but they're already giving it to Gilgamesh so it's not like something they're going to limit to Tyro.

Junk for my 100 gems. This banner didn't really interest me but I decided to do a 3-pull for the hell of it. Got Kimahri's spear.
I'm so sorry. "Mighty Guard (X) allows each character in the party to avoid most magical attacks once!" That is not Mighty Guard you liars :( I also love how it is "most".

Nohar

Khimari in Record Keeper is just terrible, on par with Core Characters. I will use him for the ++ fight and left him to rot until he gets a massive buff.

I've been doing an 11-pull on each banner just to get some gear for each realm. Managed to get one 5* this time around, the "Al Bhed Jumper". Not the most exciting item, but I guess it will be universally useful for any character when doing the FFX dungeons.

Edit: Is Leviathan worth crafting or should I save my orbs for Maduin/Valefor? What would be a good priority order for 4* summons - I don't really have access to Major Orbs just yet.

I updated to iOS 9.0.2 (release) this morning and the game gives an error code on boot. Not sure if it affects everyone but might be worth people holding off until DeNa get a fix in.

I updated to iOS 9.0.2 (release) this morning and the game gives an error code on boot. Not sure if it affects everyone but might be worth people holding off until DeNa get a fix in.

Works fine for me, but ios9 as a whole DeNA said was not fully compaitble yet and warned against upgrading to it.

Razmos

I completely forgot the Zack event was ending tonight. I went and rushed the final elite for dismissal but don't have enough stamina to do the rest, ah well.

Razmos

Hum, wouldn't it be worth it to use a Mythril for a stamina refresh then?
I probably would do, but A: I'm way too tired to set up the right strategies and B: I have literally minimal FF7 synergy which is unfortunate due to how often these events come around. I have better synergy for every other realm, including FFI and FFII lol

The later parts of the FF7 events are a massive pain with no Synergy, Schizo took forever to kill

Red Mage

So I played the Japanese version just to see how the new UI is. It runs faster than the currently one, so I am excited for it. BTW, Cloud's latest SB is so ridiculous. xD

I wish they'd give out another Ice Ring which was the reward for the first Rinoa event elite. It's the only one I didn't complete (I'm not even sure I know anyone that did) and it bothers me they haven't given us another shot at it. (Even though I'm sure as an accessory, it's garbage.)

B.K.

When is the orb event supposed to be? I need to try to get some Mythril for refreshes during that event. I'm going to try to get everyone to 50 during it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom