• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersoc

ifrit is fucking trash of a boss. seriously shit like this makes me just want to quit. fucking power creeping bulshit in this game

oh and let's not mention the bullshit rng on ability spam too. because thats fun

Azusa

ifrit is fucking trash of a boss. seriously shit like this makes me just want to quit. fucking power creeping bulshit in this game

oh and let's not mention the bullshit rng on ability spam too. because thats fun

Don't forget that XIV event is out of place. It wasn't intended to be here and now.

You have him in the back row with a sword.

OMG. I didn't see it. Maybe he isn't that bad then.

Fuck that Demon Wall in the new XII dungeon. AoE sleep, blind and silence? Oh and doom and stop. That's ridiculous
It killed me with demon rush and I didn't S/L quick enough so 46 stamina down the drain for me (plus it was the 5th shard I needed too).

My problem was it recovers from slow way too quickly (which you kind of need up all the time to not run out of time). I see it also has AoE death in its arsenal of RNG bullshit. I also didn't bring Lunatic high which is the RW of choice here come to think of it (I thought it had AoE slow but it doesn't).

Worst thing for me is I actually have to do the elite version if I want Fran's MC. I'm honestly considering having Fran warm the bench for a while longer with how much it has trashed me on classic.

MicH

That Seifer and Edea fight is annoying. I don't have enough abilities left to take her down :/ Her reflect ruins everything. I should be brought Dispel or Carbuncle. Ugh

Ugh Seymour and Mortibody elite. The mortibody is a rare (first?) instance of having less HP in elite than it does classic. Of course that fucks up retalite strategies easily. A stray fira to its face early on is enough...I was forced to magic breakdown Seymour as well to prevent that.

I then go and fail to get champion on the dungeon due to carbuncle running out in the end and me forgetting about the do not get KO'd requirement. Not sure when I can be bothered for 4 greater orbs.

That Seifer and Edea fight is annoying. I don't have enough abilities left to take her down :/ Her reflect ruins everything. I should be brought Dispel or Carbuncle. Ugh
She also has insane res (608 on classic!) as a polar opposite of the insane defence of Seifer.

Deciding to put off that classic (I can put off the lite too as no stamina shards) and do the prior dungeon on elite with mage party (oh it'll be tears if I run out of abilities). The bloody tri-face enemies (with their >10k HP) absorb poison and my only non-poison attacks are low use AoE spells (Meteor, R3 Shiva, R3 Valefor, Shiva also has issues in KOing mobs). I literally might be forced to hope I don't face too many or blow stamina entering and retreating a floor.

Edit: Wow Seifer was nuts before he was put to sleep. AoE Firaga was doing over 1000 when I had boon up. I wonder what the Seifer and Edea version is like here.

Razmos

Finally got around to doing the FFXIV bonus battles. Got really unlucky with the boss rush but managed to barely master it anyway. Got really unlucky with Ifrit too and failed my first attempt when he had like 200hp left and all I had left was Y'shtola nearly dead.

second attempt was really lucky though, I was using Advance/Retaliate and Ifrit decided to avoid using AoE attacks and kept using physical attacks on my retaliator, who got like 4 9999 criticals in a row.

Not even going to bother trying the event quests, that is just not doable for me.

Also I nearly have enough orbs for Meteor! 5* ability hype! Shame the Zack event doesn't give any of the ones I need

Edit: Jesus christ the boss rush in the next event is every form of Seymour in a row, that's like some kind of nightmare

That FF12 demon wall is some BS on elite. Had to redo the whole thing bc I stupidly thought I could do it without Advance.

Took me a few tries with my mage party, so much bullshit. Once I needed Vivi to finish it off before Aerith died from doom. He used stop on him twice in a row... Another time I was about done when sleep stuck on the whole team.

MicH

Finally done with the Seifer + Edea elite. I did not enjoy that one, ugh. You definitely want Squall to handle Edea and then bring all the Biora/Bioga you can for Seifer. And bring Carbuncle in case she uses Reflect on herself so you can bounce your spells off your allies and send her spells right back in her face. I'm just happy that i had Yuna's Lullaby Rod so I could heal through those annoying Maelstroem spells.

Good to be caught up again though!

johnsmith

remember me
Just beat Seifer elite. That was a nightmare. The trash up to him was insane. Quake doesn't 1 shot it anymore even with a synergy 5* weapon, and if they use a special attack it comes close to 1 shotting most characters. I got to Seifer with Cloud near death, and my healer silenced, so I had to resign myself to only beating it with only 4 characters because of course the silence lasted forever, and seifer would never take more than 2 turns without using aoe fire. And then I almost wiped because apparently when he gets below 50% he spams nothing but fira nonstop. Was barely able to stay alive even with shell and sentinel grimoire, and if I didn't have Y'shtola's aoe heals I probably wouldn't have made it.

Nohar

So, Japan got a new kind of SB: Burst Soul Break (BSB). The first character to have it is none other than Cloud (no one is surprised). That BSB deals insane amount of damage, and change the Attack and Defend buttons into powerful attacks that Cloud can use for a duration of 4 turns.

You can find a video of this BSB here.
Source: Reddit.

Also, if a character uses a RW Cloud equipped with this BSB, when the character will gain the Attack and Defend special buttons. Video. It is unknown if this is working as intended or if this is a glitch.

Other (S)SB released with this event are Red XIII (SSB), Zack (SB) (that's both smart and cruel... Those who played Crisis Core will understand) and Cid (SB).
There are a few other ones, but they didn't release videos for them yet.

On a side note: I had forgotten that Advent Children's OST is very, very good. Listening to it right now.

Oh.

I knew I forgot something.

5* Relic pull rate has been increased to 13% in Japan.

Source: Reddit.

Meanwhile, in Global...
You may or may not riot.

Jyrii

Banned
Even the normal dungeons are getting so hard that I don't know if I want to bother with the elite ones. At least till I have full realm boosted lv65 party.

pikablu

Even the normal dungeons are getting so hard that I don't know if I want to bother with the elite ones. At least till I have full realm boosted lv65 party.

What he said. I have 2 people at 65, one at 60 and the rest are in their 50s. I'm doing level 70s now and barely beating them.

I really hope I can get the buster sword so I can switch out cloud for zack.

Razmos

The new Burst soul breaks are pretty exciting, if they can expand on this with temporary forms we can get stuff like Trance forms, Super Dresspheres like Floral Fallal for Yuna, Gestalt forms for the XIII characters, ect ect.

Apparently Terra will be the next one to get a Burst soul break. Trance Terra or Magitek Armour Terra both seem possible

Razmos

Got Y'shtola's Healer Robe on what will probably be my final pull on the XIV banner. My first character specific soul break since Locke's!

Hmm, that's gonna come in handy.

MicH

Got Y'shtola's Healer Robe on what will probably be my final pull on the XIV banner. My first character specific soul break since Locke's!

Hmm, that's gonna come in handy.
Congrats! It's insanely useful against that damn Demon Wall fight we got in the latest dungeon update

Balphon

Just beat Seifer elite. That was a nightmare. The trash up to him was insane. Quake doesn't 1 shot it anymore even with a synergy 5* weapon, and if they use a special attack it comes close to 1 shotting most characters. I got to Seifer with Cloud near death, and my healer silenced, so I had to resign myself to only beating it with only 4 characters because of course the silence lasted forever, and seifer would never take more than 2 turns without using aoe fire. And then I almost wiped because apparently when he gets below 50% he spams nothing but fira nonstop. Was barely able to stay alive even with shell and sentinel grimoire, and if I didn't have Y'shtola's aoe heals I probably wouldn't have made it.

Vivi at 65 with a 100 MAG rod will still be strong enough to kill trash with quake.

That Seifer is still vulnerable to sleep and Bio, so mage parties will be very effective against him.

Valus

Is Intimidate a garbage skill? I read on another site that it is amazeballs but every single boss I've tried it on so far has been immune. =\

Nohar

Several bosses can be paralyzed, including quite a lot of FFI to FFIII bosses. Check the official website before attempting a boss to see if it weak to paralyze or not.

Several bosses can be paralyzed, including quite a lot of FFI to FFIII bosses. Check the official website before attempting a boss to see if it weak to paralyze or not.
The official site is annoying in that it lists immunities, sometimes the same ones several times in a row rather than only the weaknesses.

I much prefer kevrlet though the comments in the official site can be useful.

Nohar

I didn't know kevrlet had this kind of info. Nice, I guess I will use it more often now (especially since the official website is quite hard to read sometimes).

Shouta

Despite losing my FFRK JP data earlier this year, a friend of mine on twitter pointed out they were doing the 1 year anniversary of the game and was having an in-game festival. They were giving tons of stuff away and an Ultra Relic event where you can get some seriously powerful weapons like Cloud's Fusion Swords from Advent Children which includes a new Burst Mode special with it.

I had to do a few resets but that was actually not too bad because new resets got 95 mithril for free, lol. Got the Fusion Sword and Red XIII's Magic Comb. 8 Hit attack and 10 hit attacks plus Burst mode time. =o

Despite losing my FFRK JP data earlier this year, a friend of mine on twitter pointed out they were doing the 1 year anniversary of the game and was having an in-game festival. They were giving tons of stuff away and an Ultra Relic event where you can get some seriously powerful weapons like Cloud's Fusion Swords from Advent Children which includes a new Burst Mode special with it.

I had to do a few resets but that was actually not too bad because new resets got 95 mithril for free, lol. Got the Fusion Sword and Red XIII's Magic Comb. 8 Hit attack and 10 hit attacks plus Burst mode time. =o

is nobody playing the japanese game? seems insane the stuff they're giving away now.

also orb festival, what're the details of this wondrous event?

Shouta

Orb Festival is pretty straightforward. It's special dungeons targeting certain elements. It gives a ton of orbs from that element usually a tier below the level you're doing with a chance for drops of the higher end orbs from Cactuars.

Razmos

I changed my mind about doing the FFXIV event quests and I worked on a strategy in my head while I was in the shower. Ended up just barely beating Ifrit and got the Rosetta Stone, woop. I probably wouldn't have been able to without the 3 5* XIV items I had though.

I used the stone on my Keep of Saints

I actually took a day off from this game and felt pretty okay about it. The elite content is getting to the point where it just isn't particularly fun to play and it takes too much time/effort to beat bosses now that I can't really play in the same intervals I used to.

I've been the same way for about the last week or so. I still enjoy the game but not as much as before. I've gone to bed with a full stamina bar a few times which hasn't happened to me since I started.

It's getting to the point where it's basically just a s/l simulator (unless you're lucky) and that's not fun at all.

johnsmith

remember me
Did my first ever real cash 11 pull since the ff14 banner was ending

10 3s, and 1 4.

That's it. I'm done. Never spending another dollar on this again, not even the 100 gem pulls. That's 2 11 pulls in a row with no 5*s

Atk I guess. There was a pyramid diagram being posted and ibtnink Seph was at the top.

Just wondering with all the new additions where people fall into with their stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom