• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Thanks!

I'll give it an attempt later today and see how I do.
Cool!

Keep the double thundara for the ranged bosses but for the final boss consider equipping Rydia with a cure so she can backup heal once her Thundara is out.

Then again you might be strong enough to beat it without too much healing.

Hmmmm I'm seeing his name pop up in the FF wiki and wikepedia for playable but maybe he was just seen in a video but hasn't been released?

Any Japanese players here would be able to tell us xD
Yeah, there's some other discrepancies between the Japanese strategy site and the FF wikia too. If anyone can clarify, that would be awesome. :)

At least we know that they have his sprite ready to go, so if he's not available now, he should be soon. :D

chrono01

Cool!

Keep the double thundara for the ranged bosses but for the final boss consider equipping Rydia with a cure so she can backup heal once her Thundara is out.

Then again you might be strong enough to beat it without too much healing.
Sounds good.

Once again, I appreciate your input. I'll definitely keep that in-mind.

Why does the game randomly take you back to the start screen when you're in and out of apps but other times it can go for hours and hours and let you resume where you last left it :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually an interview said I thought that at some point we'd be on par with Japan.

This seems backwards, to be honest. The game launched later and is actually slightly harder to progress in (sans whaling) than the domestic version.

We'll see, I guess.

NeoForte

In case anyone is wondering how far they've gotten in Japan:
Final Fantasy 1: Tiamat, Temple of Chaos, almost done
Final Fantasy 2: King Behemoth / Jade Passage
Final Fantasy 3: Odin / Saronia Catacombs
Final Fantasy 4: Giant of Bab'il Computer fight
Final Fantasy 5: Archeoaevis (end of world 1)
Final Fantasy 6: Cave of the Veldt, World of Ruin (King Behemoth boss, Doomgaze and Zoso done)
Final Fantasy 7: Demon Wall (just before Aeris is killed, near end of disc 1)
Final Fantasy 8: Iron Clad / BGH251F2, after the Missile Base (half way through Disc 2?)
Final Fantasy 9: Ralvuimago after the last Beatrix fight (Half-way through Disc 2)
Final Fantasy 10: Wendigo (Macalania, maybe 2/3rds of the game?)
Final Fantasy 12: Barheim Passage (before Dalmasca Estersand)
Final Fantasy 13: Chapter 8, Brynhildr

So I think it's fair to say that it'll probably take at least a year to run through all the main series.

The lack of FF11 sucks... :(

ZeroAKA

I'm going 0/12 for my last Black Cowl this morning. The game must be punishing me for my 2 Black Cowls in 4 runs last night.

Rosur

The boss in Mt. Kolts(Classic) FF VI keeps on wiping my party (lvl 17/16 mostly) I'm guessing I just need to grind a few levels and get a couple more VI weapons, only got one atm and wondering where I get some more?

garath

I'm still trying to get Sephiroth before the Shinra event ends, and I have three floors left [the two ranged, as well as Rufus]. Before I commit too much stamina to it, I was curious as to whether I could get some input on my team and see if I'm ready. I've been grinding out Orbs/Gear/XP the last couple of days [I had a slow start, unfortunately >_>], but I think I'm almost there.

So what do you think? Should I [finally] muster the courage and go in there, or raise my levels a bit more? I know my Kain is somewhat low, but I put a Protect Vest+ on him so he should be able to survive. Maybe.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I think you are better off than when I attempted it. Only difference is I had a lvl2 thundara and a regular thunder but really they fell pretty quick.

I also had wakka leveled rocking a nice 4* bow for the ranged battles too. Don't know how much of a difference that would make.

Can someone explain how to use airplane mode in order to get item drops?

Drops are determined at the start of a match. If you disconnect, you'll get the same drop no matter how many times you try it.

The flee trick/airplane mode trick works because you can disconnect from the internet, see what the boss will drop, and then you can decide to either flee, repay the stamina cost and try again, or simply reconnect and collect your prize.

(edit) Got excited thinking that the new event started this morning, nope it's this evening. Time to grind some more dailies!

Meier

Is the scarletite and adamantite meant for anything but upgrading items? Keep running out of space due to having a ton of it.

Red Mage

So, they're still introducing new characters in Japan? That's good, because I was looking at the character list and couldn't believe a few of the choices (Gordon? Really? Gordon?!)

I have some item drop location questions.

Which floors of Shinra should I farm for Gloves? I had a pair but I must have fed them to a different piece of equipment.

FFV - Ship Graveyard is for Black cowl
FFIV - ??? for Whips?
FFVI - Figaro Castle for Lesser Lightning orbs

Any other Great locations for drops?

Is the scarletite and adamantite meant for anything but upgrading items? Keep running out of space due to having a ton of it.

They're just used for upgrades. They're better at upgrading weapons/armors than the actual equips

I have some item drop location questions.

Which floors of Shinra should I farm for Gloves? I had a pair but I must have fed them to a different piece of equipment.

FFV - Ship Graveyard is for Black cowl
FFIV - ??? for Whips?
FFVI - Figaro Castle for Lesser Lightning orbs

Any other Great locations for drops?

FFIV Fabul Castle for the Whip

Meier

I keep seeing references to the Silver Harp but haven't seen it anywhere. Is it a random pull with mythril?

Don't think I'll end up getting Sephiroth. That 100 Gunner is just too much for me for some reason. His mega wave beam or whatever absolutely wrecked me yesterday. Might have been able to beat him if I used a mythril but didn't think it was worth it. Everyone I've leveled up to fight him ranged is just paper thin. :|

elty

I keep seeing references to the Silver Harp but haven't seen it anywhere. Is it a random pull with mythril?

Don't think I'll end up getting Sephiroth. That 100 Gunner is just too much for me for some reason. His mega wave beam or whatever absolutely wrecked me yesterday. Might have been able to beat him if I used a mythril but didn't think it was worth it. Everyone I've leveled up to fight him ranged is just paper thin. :|
Ff6 master reward, last stage.
If it only takes you 1mythril I think it would be worth it. You cannot even do a relic draw with a single mythril.

Meier

Lol, been trying to get another whip.. tried like 20 times so far (meh) but not using the airplane mode since that's a bit time consuming. Don't have sound on since I'm at work (well, I never have sound on my phone regardless).. damn thing had no drop for the first time I've seen so I couldn't pause and flee in time! Doh.

Ff6 master reward, last stage.

Ahh thanks.. I apparently didn't beat the FF6 area (guess I got sidetracked!) so I'll go ahead and do that now.

JPS Kai

Lol, been trying to get another whip.. tried like 20 times so far (meh) but not using the airplane mode since that's a bit time consuming. Don't have sound on since I'm at work (well, I never have sound on my phone regardless).. damn thing had no drop for the first time I've seen so I couldn't pause and flee in time! Doh.

Ahh thanks.. I apparently didn't beat the FF6 area (guess I got sidetracked!) so I'll go ahead and do that now.

If you're in iOS, it takes no time at all to switch it over and kill the process. I think I spent more time just doing the first two rounds of Fabul Castle than it takes to do the airplane method lol

otapnam

Thundara L2 + jump L2 on kain worked for me

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Good lord, Tyro vs Rydia Thundara damage is insane...Rydia = beast mode. Tyro's heals are also p bad. I'm starting to question bringing him to the final two dungeons in Shinra.

Kyari

Good lord, Tyro vs Rydia Thundara damage is insane...Rydia = beast mode. Tyro's heals are also p bad. I'm starting to question bringing him to the final two dungeons in Shinra.

Tyro can do and equip everything but has middling stats as the trade off. I've basically dropped him at this point.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tyro is like the shitty, rename-able self-insert jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none that's pretty much useless.

When Vaan gets added there's gonna be two of them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tyro can do and equip everything but has middling stats as the trade off. I've basically dropped him at this point.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I might just really beef up WHM so I can keep her alive. Even without magic boosting armor, she'll heal better than Tyro, haha.

marrec

Banned
Got my first black cowl, decided to try my hand at the Hundred Guns bastard, and Rydia died on the way. :-/

She's such a paper cannon. :(

Clunker

Tyro is like the shitty, rename-able self-insert jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none that's pretty much useless.

When Vaan gets added there's gonna be two of them.
Seriously. Tyro can do everything, but he's just terrible at all things equally. :/ The only real benefit he has over my White Mage is HP, but even then it's almost laughable having him cast Thundara when I could have Rydia do it instead. And his heals are equally terrible. If characters could bring more than 2 abilities into battle I think he'd be much more useful, but as it stands I want to bench him permanently.

Not sure if I can beef myself up to take down the last 15 floors of the Shinra event (I'm also stalled at Hundred Gunner). Might try to get Kain a Jump ability and grind up a bit, but I'm not going to go bonkers over it.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone else mention this earlier, but this won't be our only chance to clear out this event and pick up Sephiroth, will it?

What's the trick to rerolling boss loot (how do I refight a boss for loot without playing through the whole dungeon again)?
As I understand it,

1) Flick on Airplane mode at any round with the boss fight
2) Fight as usual, when you win and the loot does/doesn't drop, the game will try to reconnect and pop up a "can't connect, try again?" error message
3) If you don't like the drop, switch out of app and kill the app process.
4) Once the app is closed, turn Airplane mode off.
5) Reopen the app - you will get a message saying you can resume boss fight at beginning of round. Go back into the fight, then Flee (this has to be done to reset the loot drop apparently).
6) Restart the boss fight level from beginning, then turn Airplane Mode back on. This will have a chance at dropping different loot.
7) Rinse and repeat. Once you find a loot drop you like, keep the app live and turn Airplane Mode off, then finish the round as usual.

I've only done this a few times, but it did net me one Black Cowl. I'm trying not to excessively grind, but we'll see.

If you're fast enough, actually, you should be able to bypass the whole airplane mode nonsense -- once you see an orb drop instead of the loot from the boss, you have a very slim window of time to hit pause, then flee manually. This is immensely hard to do if there is no orb drop, though, so the Airplane Mode method just gives you a failproof window of reset opportunity since it pauses before finishing the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom