• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
The characters, MCs and abilities etc (Terra omg) are fine. The events are simply rote, by-the-book autopilot fare.

Compare to scratching head over Anima in Vanille event, Tifa event's two bosses, prepping for Dark Bahamut, etc.

There's something to be said for difficult content.

At least after that, there's Orb Fest, and then MC2s, and then the ++++ tier shortly after.

Razmos

Goddamn I only just realized we have ANOTHER FFVII event straight after orb fest. Give me fucking strength, eurgh.
At least poster boy Cloud will get stronger since the game practically forces you to use him in your party anyway.

Also apparently unique soul break weapons in JP have started having unique sprites when used in combat, like Rinoa's latest weapon and Squall's new BSB.

(also I was looking forward to the Thief abilities in the hopes that Locke will get his memory crystal in the Terra event, since I have his Rising Sun, then I found out he doesn't get it until after the Lulu event and I'm going to be waiting forever, eurgh.)

Nohar

The next event is Vaan and Ashe. Vaan is an exceptional character, one of the only decent front row Support user, and he has a very wide choice in equipment and abilities. Simply put, he is amazing.
We also get Ashe, who isn't quite as powerful as Vivi, but she has a similar default Soul Break which increases her Magic, a wider array of abilities, and is also more solid thanks to better equipment.
We will finally get a few Thief abilities in this event:
  • Steal HP (2*): Inflicts damages and heal self (Damage: x1.4).
  • Steal Time (3*): Inflicts Slow on the target and Haste the user (100% success?).
  • Steal Armor (4*): Inflicts Defense Breakdown and boost the user's DEF. Useful if you want to avoid spending your NE orbs on Armor Breakdown imho.
Then we get the Terra's event, which is eagerly awaited since it will grant Terra's MC, but also maybe a boost in 5* drop rates (from 10% to 12%). "Maybe" because if Japan got that upgrade for that event, we still aren't sure they will do it for Global. Needless to say, people are kinda wary now and this event is quite anticipated as a result.
In any case, every single banner after Terra's will have 4 character relic weapons instead of 2. We will also begin to get double banners.

The next event is Vaan and Ashe. Vaan is an exceptional character, one of the only decent front row Support user, and he has a very wide choice in equipment and abilities. Simply put, he is amazing.
We also get Ashe, who isn't quite as powerful as Vivi, but she has a similar default Soul Break which increases her Magic, a wider array of abilities, and is also more solid thanks to better equipment.
We will finally get a few Thief abilities in this event:
  • Steal HP (2*): Inflicts damages and heal self (Damage: x1.4).
  • Steal Time (3*): Inflicts Slow on the target and Haste the user (100% success?).
  • Steal Armor (4*): Inflicts Defense Breakdown and boost the user's DEF. Useful if you want to avoid spending your NE orbs on Armor Breakdown imho.
Then we get the Terra's event, which is eagerly awaited since it will grant Terra's MC, but also maybe a boost in 5* drop rates (from 10% to 12%). "Maybe" because if Japan got that upgrade for that event, we still aren't sure they will do it for Global. Needless to say, people are kinda wary now and this event is quite anticipated as a result.
In any case, every single banner after Terra's will have 4 character relic weapons instead of 2. We will also begin to get double banners.

I AM GETTING PUMPPPEDDDDDD

really hope we get that percentage boost.

Nohar

Me too. In any case, I'm no longer pulling anything unless there is a Celebration event going on. I really want to get new character Soul Breaks. And if I pull another Genji Shield, I may... react strongly.

I thought the same thing, but I was able to blaze through Mastery on all 3 of the bonus battles of them via Advanliate. I'd say give it a shot.

I didn't bother. I don't have any RWs with Advance anymore. If the only viable strategy is Advance/Retaliate then I generally don't bother.

Falk

that puzzling face
Advance has not been the only viable strategy ever. Japan service's history is proof of this.

Easier, or in some cases much easier strategy, especially in certain gearing conditions, sure.

I love using Jump as an ability on Kimahri because at least I can remove him from battle for a good few seconds.
What makes him so bad - is his base stats generally poor? I tried him out a bit this week and whilst he didn't seem great he seems better than the cores atleast?

Goddamn I only just realized we have ANOTHER FFVII event straight after orb fest. Give me fucking strength, eurgh.
At least poster boy Cloud will get stronger since the game practically forces you to use him in your party anyway.

Also apparently unique soul break weapons in JP have started having unique sprites when used in combat, like Rinoa's latest weapon and Squall's new BSB.

(also I was looking forward to the Thief abilities in the hopes that Locke will get his memory crystal in the Terra event, since I have his Rising Sun, then I found out he doesn't get it until after the Lulu event and I'm going to be waiting forever, eurgh.)

That's cool and is something I wished for since the game first came out. Though the negative is that it'll make my desire for SB weapons even stronger. >_>

WB Falk.

Falk

that puzzling face
WB Falk.

FOR A SPELL AT LEAST

image.php

I love using Jump as an ability on Kimahri because at least I can remove him from battle for a good few seconds.

That's all I can find to put on him for the ++ fight tonight. I am not sure if my strategy will be able to produce enough damage to win... It's the first time where having to bring a specific character really messes up my usual playstyle. Oh well, at least it's only 20 Stamina.

Edit: it worked but I almost ran out of abilities. My RW was Tidus with Spiral Cut for AoE 9999 dmg x2. I wanted Rinoa for Angelwings Quake to allow me to not bring Slow but she would not come up in my list. With her it wouldn't have been as close on abilities. I ran with:

Aerith(GS) with Curaga/Diaga X8.
Tyro(SG) with Magic Breakdown/Slowga.
Kimahri with Jump/Jump and front row for RW.
Yuna with Valefor X3/Berserk.
Vivi with Quake X4/Waterja X8.

Bye Kimahri, I am done with you.

Red Mage

The characters, MCs and abilities etc (Terra omg) are fine. The events are simply rote, by-the-book autopilot fare.

Compare to scratching head over Anima in Vanille event, Tifa event's two bosses, prepping for Dark Bahamut, etc.

There's something to be said for difficult content.

At least after that, there's Orb Fest, and then MC2s, and then the ++++ tier shortly after.

Then the Sanctuary Keeper should make your day. I don't know how I am going to kill the thing. It's nothing but multi target damage with Status effects. With RS and Shell/Protectga, it still does 2000+ damage to my Lv. 65 Tidus.

Advantaliated the keeper using cloud with tidus' lightning steel sword and barely killed the thing, u fortunately Auron ate it at the end and I was too annoyed to save load yet again. How many times getting one shot by mana breath or hit before I could get protecga and/or Shellga up.

I may say screw it and burn a few major growth eggs and get Auron up to 60ish and try advantaliate again usin him as the focus. Mistake was to think tempo flurry would actually hit with slow, that didn't happen. Should have replaced diaga with slowaga and just had cloud use launch.

Been reloading for the last hour trying to get Venom Buster to stick to Sanctuary Keeper... It's even Rank 4 so I have many chances to fail.

... And finally it sticks. Only missed one medal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Then the Sanctuary Keeper should make your day. I don't know how I am going to kill the thing. It's nothing but multi target damage with Status effects. With RS and Shell/Protectga, it still does 2000+ damage to my Lv. 65 Tidus.

Poison + Reflect on it works wonders. Seems to spend more than half the time trying to un-debuff itself.

Of course, getting both Venom Buster and Tempo Flurry to stick does go back to the frustration of Reno+Rude or Seifer trio. Not too fun.

Give back Dark Bahamut. :'(

No, not in the dungeon update. Bad DeNA. BAD

edit: I take it back about it being frustrating. On a repeat I managed to kill it with 3 medals lost where virtually everything sucked - Poison stuck on the last Venom Buster after it's 40% dead, Tempo Flurry didn't stick at all, he only attempted to Esuna twice after Poison stuck. Definitely doable with much poorer RNG than Seifer trio.

Setup:
yes, not mage meta huehuehue

Boon RW (naturally)

Record Materia:
Auron - SOLDIER Strike
Yuna - Double Hit
Wakka - Zeal
Tidus - Sky Pirate's Pride
Y'shtola - Bastion

In hindsight my RM choices could use a lot of tweaking. Auron should be using Self Sacrifice since I'm not using Advance. Tidus and Wakka benefitted close to zero from the pre-Haste and I might as well have given them +Bow and +Sword damage.

Magic Breath was hitting for ~1400 with Shellga/Magic Breakdown. His other AOEs were hitting for 500-1k. Hooray for RS armor.

Jyrii

Banned
I just got all classic dungeons done (again).

Galbadia Garden, part 3 was absolutely brutal, though my party was not optimal.

I had lv65 Sephiroth, lv58 Squall, lv50 Irvine, lv50 Rinoa and lv45 Selphie Everyone had 5* weapons and armor except for Selphie's armor.

Seifer was quite easy, but Edea did little else than spam Maelstrom which almost halved the HP of my entire party.

Red Mage

Poison + Reflect on it works wonders. Seems to spend more than half the time trying to un-debuff itself.

Of course, getting both Venom Buster and Tempo Flurry to stick does go back to the frustration of Reno+Rude or Seifer trio. Not too fun.

Give back Dark Bahamut. :'(

No, not in the dungeon update. Bad DeNA. BAD

edit: I take it back about it being frustrating. On a repeat I managed to kill it with 3 medals lost where virtually everything sucked - Poison stuck on the last Venom Buster after it's 40% dead, Tempo Flurry didn't stick at all, he only attempted to Esuna twice after Poison stuck. Definitely doable with much poorer RNG than Seifer trio.

Do you cast Reflect on him? To bounce Esuna, I imagine?

Nohar

As usual, the +++ fight is quite RNG-heavy. Either you can land Poison quickly and the Keeper is kind enough to waste his turns trying to Esuna itself (even moreso if you decided to put Reflect on him), either it will focus on using (counter) Tail Swipe and its magical beam which is a OHKO move if unmitigated.

Anyhow, managed to kill it after one S/L, so I am happy. Sadly, those 20 scarletite are going to the trash can :'(

Tbqh a few weeks ago I posted in here and said I was done with this game, but since then I've upgraded from a 5s to a 6s and then big screen really brought me back to this time sucker T_T

Thankfully I managed to not miss any banners. I'm still having more fun just collecting characters and leveling up. I never have enough patience or know-how to defeat the crazy bonus battles.

Reconfigured a few things and won without a save load. Apparently in my sleep deprived state I forgot to swap out my default armors for a bright guard and a wizard armlet++, which made things much easier, +20 atk over what I had was helpful. And I had the keeper on permaslow through slowaga and tempo flurry. I went boon instead of advance and used a boost instead of reflect. When I tried yesterday reflect just resulted in my guy gettin wiped out due to no healing.

Not a terrible loss as both runs netted me a greater summon orb. Not worth the hassle of farming, so back to black orb farming in airship.

MicH

Managed to beat Sanctuary Keeper, but unfortunately failed to master it. Lost four medals in total. Will probably try again later

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi. Maybe worth noting that we're coming up on 20K replies, so y'all will probably want to pick someone to make an |OT2| when the time comes and what should go in the OP.

Balphon

Sanctuary Keeper was fairly straightforward with an all-melee team and a hastega RW. Had to try it 2-3 times to get a run where he didn't use an AoE attack every turn though.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| Oh 5*, Where Art Thou?

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| Mr. RNG or: how I learned to stop worrying about 5* and love synergy.

Red Mage

Bwahaha, burn in Gehenna, you blasted Sanctuary Keeper! Burn!

Ahem, I beat it, finally. BTW, is Meteor worth crafting?

Also, Final Fantasy Record Keeper |OT 2| Dr. Mog's Secret Myth Source.

alcheim

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2|+++ Difficulty: 120, 100 stamina, 50 mythril, zero 5*s

I think this sums up the game pretty accurately

Nohar

Ahem, I beat it, finally. BTW, is Meteor worth crafting?

Depends on the challenge and your equipment, as usual. I'm doing just fine with R3 Quake against waves of trash mobs (except those who null/absorb it of course), and it remains quite handy against multiple bosses. Meteor has the advantage to be non elemental and is very powerful (if you don't own a 5* rod, you may really need it), but you only get 2 uses for a while, limiting quite a lot its usefulness.

Is it worth crafting? Probably yes. Is it mandatory? Definitly not. It depends on your way to deal with trash mobs and bosses. Also, if you are just looking for a powerful non elemental AoE spell, remember that we are getting Ruinga in a few events (in 4 events exactly, so roughly a month).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom