• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth using some growth eggs on Fran for this event? She's currently sat at lv.10 for me, only XII character i have so far haven't really needed to use her.

I'm still enjoying it, not playing every day like I used to (I still log in for the daily bonuses though) and I think that is helping somewhat.

Yeah I don't really care as much about using up my stamina to daily grind orbs anymore since most of the spells I need require orbs I can't easily grind. I'm caught up on classic dungeons and I haven't had trouble getting through the non bonus battle content in an event in awhile (aside from the FFXIV event with its low synergy).

So yeah, the compulsion is dying.

I'm pretty sure they said in an interview that there are plans to. I'd be really surprised if they didn't.

Give me overpowered Orlandu, please.

Agrias would come before Orlandu. She's super popular in Japan and almost always the first available FFT character in the Gaiden games (see FFTR).

Balphon

Worth using some growth eggs on Fran for this event? She's currently sat at lv.10 for me, only XII character i have so far haven't really needed to use her.

Vaan will almost certainly be more useful to you than Fran while filling the same role so I wouldn't bother.

Razmos

I find it quite funny that Vaan, probably one of the most hated Final Fantasy characters of all time, is a really damn good character in both Dissidia and Record Keeper :p

Nohar

I find it quite funny that Vaan, probably one of the most hated Final Fantasy characters of all time, is a really damn good character in both Dissidia and Record Keeper :p

Vaan isn't hated per see. Most people just think that he has little to no impact to FFXII's plot, and that Penelo and he could be easily removed entirely without changing much to the game. People don't dislike him because of his actions, but because of his relevance (or lack thereof).
And Vaan being a good character gameplay-wise is the one consistent thing about him (be it FFXII, FFTA2, Dissidia and RK, he is almost always pretty good).

Now, if you really want to talk about one of the "most hated Final Fantasy character of all time"... Let's just say that one character from FFXIII is a lot more controversial than Vaan (do note that this is not intended as a potshot at you, I am merely stating a fact).

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm just doing classic->elite->next for the events now. Was already doing it for dungeons prior so that the time spent juggling spells around is minimal.

Razmos

Vaan isn't hated per see. Most people just think that he has little to no impact to FFXII's plot, and that Penelo and he could be easily removed entirely without changing much to the game. People don't dislike him because of his actions, but because of his relevance (or lack thereof).
And Vaan being a good character gameplay-wise is the one consistent thing about him (be it FFXII, FFTA2, Dissidia and RK, he is almost always pretty good).

Now, if you really want to talk about one of the "most hated Final Fantasy character of all time"... Let's just say that one character from FFXIII is a lot more controversial than Vaan (do note that this is not intended as a potshot at you, I am merely stating a fact).
:(
I love Vanille

broz0rs

Just obtained Vaan. iirc he was a wimpy looking kid thief in FFXII. Lo and behold in this game he's capable of equipping hammer, axe, spear, shield, and heavy armor. Appearances be damned.

Nohar

:(
I love Vanille

I love that character too, though I prefer Fang :p (
and I was refering to Lightning being the one controversial character, of course
).

Also, we have some info on the next JP event featuring Laguna. Also, Quistis is getting her SSB, which is, as a Redditor put it, "Boon on steroids": party Shell/Haste/large Regen.

Also, whole new class of abilities: Engineer!

Blind Shot (Engineer 4) - distance physical attack with high chance to Blind, and does more damage against Blinded targets
Silence Shot (Engineer 4) - distance physical attack with high chance to Silence, and does more damage against Silenced targets

New "Engineer" characters include:

Tyro: Engineer 5
Edgar: Engineer 5
Setzer: Engineer 5
Cid: Engineer 5
Barret: Engineer 4
Zidane: Engineer 4
Rikku: Engineer 5
Balthier: Engineer 5
Sazh: Engineer 5

That's an interesting update, to say the least.

Razmos

Hmm, apart from the focus Lightning got, i'm not really sure what is so controversial about her. Over the past few weeks I've been doing a second playthrough of the XIII series and I'm currently on Lightning Returns, and I think she's a pretty good character.

She was pretty good in the original game, was barely present in 2 and was a fun main character in Lightning Returns (her various sidequest banter, her abusive treatment of moogles, her affection for the Angel of Valhalla), and that is despite the fact the game itself plays on the fact Lightning has been manipulated and held hostage by Bhunivelze, had her emotions stripped away and is literally
being groomed as the new Goddess of Death

I'm still not sure what peoples problem with her is other than 'She's not Cloud'

Nohar

Hum, the "She's not Cloud" problem (?) never crossed my mind. I think the problem with her character is how she is portrayed during the games (not everyone liked her aloof personality, and in the original game she is seen lashing out on several characters, including Snow that she treats as her punching-ball in one scene and Serah in a flashback, in which she was quite cold-hearted ~ though, thanksfully, character development kicks in and she gets better, but at the beginning of the game she is borderline insufferable), her overexposure (arguable, but I understand why some think so), and the games themselves are rather divisive. As she is the most proeminent character, she became the scapegoat character of the FFXIII series as a whole.

Anyhow, Terra's event is not too far away now...

Nohar

Is she more a Black Mage or Summoner in this game? I'll probably level her regardless as she is one of my fav. characters in the series.

Pretty much what Falk said. She is a solid Black Mage. Vivi will remain better thanks to his default SB if you are focusing on damage alone, but is quite squishy.

Road

When I opened the game today something was downloaded. Weird because there's nothing coming up until this event EX battles. Wonder if some hidden update will happen tonight.

Yeah. With the festival coming up I'm having a hard time egging these new characters to a useful level.

Not planning on level either Vaan and Ashe, but I just looked at their record materias and I was tempted for a second: (+10% ATK -10% DEF) and (+10% MAG -10% ATK) respectively. Those are good RM.

But it can wait...

Nohar

Well, we got a stealth update. Here are the contents (thanks to Reddit and Palisy - the below list is a direct quote). We will probably get the actual change log after the daily reset:

• Rydia has 5 Black Magic
  • Lightning has 4 Celerity
  • Snow has 5 Knight
  • P. Cecil has 3 Support and 4 WM (YES!!!)
  • Kain has 3 Celerity
  • Kain HP, ATK up
  • Kain can equip Swords
  • Rydia MAG up
  • DK Cecil ATK up
  • Paladin Cecil can equip bows
  • Record Materia and special scores that affect/require "Jump" will also affect other Jump abilties (for instance, Wind Jump)
  • Lightning gains spears, shields/helms
  • Snow DEF up (122->132) and RES up (76->90) and gains shields/helms/heavy armor

Nohar

No pulls since the last celebration. Sitting on 270 Mythrils, I hope to reach 500 for the SSB festival. Let's hope that I will be lucky with that one. But first, we need to know if we are stuck at 10% odds of getting a 5* or if we are getting the 12% odds.

is anyone still using bluestacks? i can't keep bluestacks from updating FFRK to the bad apk that messes up the resolution. does anyone know a fix for this?

I'm so hopeless I threw 2 major growth egg each onto Vann/Ashe as I want to be able to equip RM on them sooner (after some Sunday action of course) and can't wait for the inevitable orbfest level up bonanza.

Other news is while we wait for EX difficulty dailies Japan goes and gets EX+ difficulty. At 30 stamina a round and mostly 3* with lower chance of some 4* and lower still for 5* some think it is just a way to spend stamina real fast. Of course it is too early to tell what drop rates are like but I don't recall any reports of people swimming in 4*s following the EX difficulty.

Also some event and weapon banners got translated (Cyan is still drunk in banner 55 though). Up to banner 57 but banner 54 was skipped making it practically certain the FFII event is being skipped (as the event banner was untranslated too). I might as well sell all my lower rarity FFII gear now since it has no use due to me finishing all the dungeons*. It would be even more annoying if you pulled relics for Firion or Leon (Gordon and Maria probably are going to be forever relic-less) as you're going to have to wait longer for their MC. Makes me wonder why the FFXIV event was so drawn out (some of that might be Edward/Mog being skipped due to not having the game that promoted), I thought it was due to lack of content but here we are skipping an event. On the positive side it means Gilgamesh will be out sooner.

*-What is cruel here is some of the current dungeons in the FFXII event drop Mythril Knife (II) and Bronze Helm (II).

Sent a support email regarding the presumed skipping of the upcoming Final Fantasy II event.

I get that it was a cross promotion that isn't possible in the Global version, but they really need to provide some sort of replacement event/method to obtain these relics. I know the early FFs aren't as popular compared to the later juggernauts, but they do have fans, and we should get the opportunity to use these characters to their full abilities. As it stands right now, we might not get any opportunity for Ricard, Maria or Gordon's relics, plus all the generic FFII 5*s, and that's not acceptable.

The main draw of this game for me is collecting all the characters, and trying for the items of my favorites. I hate seeing the FFII cast particularly get screwed over like this.

Jarekx

Well my phone died completely and I didn't link it to anything. I had taken a break but it still sucks to lose the stuff I had but I'll rebuild. At least I should have a decent amount of mythril if I save all of it.

Was there an event a few months away that lets you pick up missed Memory Crystals? For example, I can only raise P.Cecil to L50 however it sounds like he is really essential now - would I be able to break his level cap in that event?
Sent a support email regarding the presumed skipping of the upcoming Final Fantasy II event.

I get that it was a cross promotion that isn't possible in the Global version, but they really need to provide some sort of replacement event/method to obtain these relics. I know the early FFs aren't as popular compared to the later juggernauts, but they do have fans, and we should get the opportunity to use these characters to their full abilities. As it stands right now, we might not get any opportunity for Ricard, Maria or Gordon's relics, plus all the generic FFII 5*s, and that's not acceptable.

The main draw of this game for me is collecting all the characters, and trying for the items of my favorites. I hate seeing the FFII cast particularly get screwed over like this.
I love FF II also, used Firion a lot already and definitely plan to level Ricard and a couple others. Minwu and maybe even the Emperor would be nice characters to get one day too!

johnsmith

remember me
This was a nice morning surprise!

Also great news about the new engineer skill.
Characters like Edgar really needed it. Maybe it's in preparation for FFT and Mustadio!

ccbfan

What are some characters I should work on? I don't want get a crappy character to level 50 and never use them.

I have

Cloud
Rydia
Auron
Kain
Kimahri
Vaan
Ashe

Looking at some of the posts already. Rydia looks like the black mage to keep. Also I don't have a white mage. Who are good white mages? I just missed out on Aeris last event. (Starting playing last Saturday)

Azusa

That Lightning update. 4 Celerity and more weapons and armour to use. Great.

I still using her almost every time and will continue <3

What are some characters I should work on? I don't want get a crappy character to level 50 and never use them.

I have

Cloud
Rydia
Auron
Kain
Kimahri
Vaan
Ashe

Looking at some of the posts already. Rydia looks like the black mage to keep. Also I don't have a white mage. Who are good white mages? I just missed out on Aeris last event. (Starting playing last Saturday)

I've been playing for about a month. Cloud has served me really well so far - i've got him to lv. 52 and always slot him in if i'm not sure which physical attacker to take. Auron seems good so far also but doesn't have as large a moveset as Cloud from what i can tell. The dragoons are kinda mediocre although it looks like Kain got a nice boost today.

Cloud and Vaan are good.

You could probably try shooting for Lenna via Bonus Quest. You do have to beat an Elite dungeon for her though.

White Mage is decent enough for the early game.

Balphon

I have

Cloud
Rydia
Auron
Kain
Kimahri
Vaan
Ashe

All of those characters aside from Kimahri have use cases. Cloud, Rydia, Vaan, and probably Ashe will likely be broadly useful for you.

The best white mage available from story dungeons is Arc and he's not that far into the progression. You can also get Lenna via bonus quest but (a) the dungeon they want you to do sucks and (b) she's still capped at level 50.

Move over Vivi. The queen is back.

Unfortunately Chocobo Kick is still godawful.

Pejo

PLD Cecil's buff is crazy to me. He can now be a back row tank with ok damage, a tanky front line white mage, a breaker, protectga/shellga caster, etc. Really seems to be one of the most versatile characters to me right now, which is great because he's one of my favorites.

Nohar

In terms of utility, P.Cecil and Vaan are among the best characters right now, and I plan to use them quite a lot in the future. Though, once Full Break is released, I will need to find a good 5* Support ability user. It seems Tyro is going to be necessary for me to fulfill that purpose until I manage to get a decent 5* ranged weapon (and even then, chances are I'm going to keep using Tyro, since I have SG - I just have 2 character Soul Breaks, but at least I have one of the most useful).

The next FFXIII event can't come soon enough. I want Vanille's MC to use her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom