• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought about the HP / defense issue. The first pull I ever did with my 5 mythril shortly after starting the game was this:

XbeBcxB.jpg

So I've never had a problem with my white mage dying.

Althane

After hearing how hard the ranged bosses at Shinra were, I just did the first one now. Was actually pretty easy and I think I over prepared. Had a total of 4 Jumps, 4 Thundara, 6 Thunder and 4 Cura. I used Cloud and Tifa to one shot trash and defend at the end. Was worried I'd need to bring ranged like Wakka and I'm glad I didn't have to. My Rydia hit Thundara for about 2300ish and I only ended up using two of them. Admittedly I got lucky and pulled a 4* Rod and a 4* White Robe to put on her and got the Earrings from the Cecil event.

I'm thinking if that was easy, so should the next ranged boss right? And what about Rufus? Cloud and Tifa will be able to join in again and I have Double Cut on Tifa with a ++ FFVII glove

The next boss fight is a little bit tougher, but essentially follows the same formula. Just nuke with Rydia, heal with WM or Tyro, and defend with the others.

Edit: Got a 5*. Genji Armor. Pimpin'.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Let me reiterate the suggestion that if you can at least beat the first stage of the hard daily and retreat, then abandon normal after you master it and never look back. The drop difference is ridiculous and you're sure to at least get lesser orbs.

HPsH7an.png

Althane

Let me reiterate the suggestion that if you can at least beat the first stage of the hard daily and retreat, then abandon normal after you master it and never look back. The drop difference is ridiculous and you're sure to at least get lesser orbs.

HPsH7an.png

I actually JUST came in here to ask this question.

Doing Order's work, son.

Caerith

HPsH7an.png

That's where I've been leveling my Cecils. Normal dailies just aren't worth it.

marrec

Banned
Well, I'm probably not going to get the mastery, but at least I beat him. Dark Attack never stuck cause it sucks and nobody should use it.

lyrick

Well, I'm probably not going to get the mastery, but at least I beat him. Dark Attack never stuck cause it sucks and nobody should use it.

Yep, it doesn't even cause Dark Damage (so don't even bother trying to Champion the Mist dragon with it)

Falk

that puzzling face
They just needed trash loot to clutter inventories and they chose XII for some reason. XII fans should be offended.

I think it's also because XII had the most inclusive list of generic-named weapons.

Can you imagine using a list from something like FFVII

oh here's a bunch of megaphones

and megaman hand attachments

and hair combs

They just needed trash loot to clutter inventories and they chose XII for some reason. XII fans should be offended.

Beast mode if you have two of them. You can upgrade it to 6*.

That's a shit ton of $$$ right now, but yeah in future.

2x 5* is like hitting the lottery at the moment.

When it doesn't stick, you close the app and restart, and try again. You'll start over at the beginning of the round. Eventually it will stick.

marrec

Banned
When it doesn't stick, you close the app and restart, and try again. You'll start over at the beginning of the round. Eventually it will stick.

Yea... I actually did that because Rufus just flat out beat me, not because of the Dark Attack thing... but I kinda just wanna be done with Shinra for now. Is the Mastery reward worth it, in the end? Really?

Shahed

Yeah the next ranged fight was pretty much the same. Just needed an extra Thundara and Jump is all. I can't be bothered to farm more Power at the moment so I'm gonna give it a try without first to see how it goes.

Genji Armour pretty much makes Cloud unkillable here

Yea... I actually did that because Rufus just flat out beat me, not because of the Dark Attack thing... but I kinda just wanna be done with Shinra for now. Is the Mastery reward worth it, in the end? Really?

Not really, especially with the amount of VII accessories you get from the Cecil event, combined with the fact that after the Shinra event is over, we probably won't see much more VII content for a while.

Caerith

It's a 3* accessory that gives a good chunk of defense. Rufus is a lot easier the second time around, since now you have Sephi.

Prototype

I gave Cecil Cura and Rydia Cure. They end up healing about the same amount.

The extra power from Cura, makes Cecil able to be an effective white mage.

Been using the orb daily to level Drk Cecil since it's FF4 he gets bonus. That's been going pretty good so far.

rhino4evr

I like these challenge dungeons, but I'm kinda anxious for more story dungeons.

Also...been farming daily hard al day and have gotten some great stuff awhilw even leveling the two new characters. Those eliete missions are going Down!

Shahed

How much HP does Rufus and the Dog have? I was wondering if I can get away with having a 4 Thundara and a back up Cure on Rydia instead of an extra attack

Althane

What's a good gil level to farm up to? Sitting at 300k, and haven't really been budging much (already had FFIV gear farmed and leveled up for the event, coincidentally).

garath

What's a good gil level to farm up to? Sitting at 300k, and haven't really been budging much (already had FFIV gear farmed and leveled up for the event, coincidentally).

Dunno. I'm around 300k as well. I don't see it going down either. It will once I get something to level again but for now I'm happy with it.

Money is so easy to get though so it's not really worth worrying about. I've been hovering at just under 300k for most of the week and it's built up again despite even spending a chunk and not even partaking in the Gil event the other day.

I know it is a minor thing, but I had asked this earlier in the thread. Finally got Paladin Cecil so I could test it myself.

YES, the 5* Dark sword CAN be equipped by Paladin Cecil. It does not change his soul break, BUT it is probably his most powerful weapon currently available.

You CAN get lesser lightning orbs from this hard daily correct? I've gotten nothing but lesser dark, fire, and earth, heck I've gotten plenty of the 3 star ones :'(

Edit: and after complaining about it I finally got one! Just need 1 more... :'(

Colby

Statistically, where do the Cecils fit in comparison to the powerhouses of Sephiroth, Tidus, and Cloud? I'm wondering about Tidus, specifically. If D.Cecil is similar to Tidus, I'm probably gonna swap them, because a healing limit break seems quite useful. Perhaps I'll dump Sephy until I acquire a good katana.

Caerith

Statistically, where do the Cecils fit in comparison to the powerhouses of Sephiroth, Tidus, and Cloud? I'm wondering about Tidus, specifically. If D.Cecil is similar to Tidus, I'm probably gonna swap them, because a healing limit break seems quite useful. Perhaps I'll dump Sephy until I acquire a good katana.

In terms of attack: Sephiroth > Cloud = Dark Cecil > Light Cecil = Tidus

In terms of abilities, Cloud is the only one of those who can use spellblade moves and Tidus is the only one who can use Dark Attack. Sephiroth's main drawback is probably the lack of weapons for him.

Razmos

I really wish the game would pause until you take your first action. I get distracted during the (long) loading screen and sometimes forget to turn auto on, so the enemy is just whaling away at my team while i'm doing nothing haha.

Slowly getting through the Elite dungeons now. Got about 6-7 done. Stamina is a killer for these though :(

Not had any great weapons/armour in days though

XJF

Where did you guys farm Lesser Wind Orbs for Double Cut? I'm reading this but not sure which place is most stamina-efficient.

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I'm going to take a break from rolling and spend the next 20 stam on equip slots. Upgrade mats and accessories are taking up a lot of space.

Wazzy

Banned
Mastered IV event complete + Pally Cecil get. Now I'm going to focus on the grinding a bit more to level up DK Cecil and try to master the VII event before it ends.

Shahed

And Shinra done! That wasn't that bad. Glad I brought the extra Cure on Rydia since Cloud and Tifa did the heavy hitting at the end. I could just jump right into Cecil's event but I'm gonna take it easy since there's still a long way to go for that one. I think I'll try and get another couple Double Cut's, Fira and level Cura a bit more. Heck depends on how it goes maybe a Fire or Thunder Strike as well

Paladin cecil doesn't seem like a viable healer because he can't equip weapons that give major mind bonuses that other healers can.

Is there an ideal weapon/armor that helps cecil be a durable healer?

So it seems like healer options currently are

White Mage: Best heals, prayer is a really good soul break, dies if anything touches her

Tyro: Mediocre heals, can equip anything making him more versatile, not great at anything

Paladin Cecile: Bad heals, can do respectable damage when attacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom