• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
my latest conquest

fEbFc41l.png

Keep us posted on how you like it! I will go play around with Haste!

But less than Dark Cecil sooo.......

Another 5 mithril draw, another 3 star item (diamond staff, already have a superior 4-star staff... lame!)

Paladin Cecile: Bad heals, can do respectable damage when attacking

Pally Cecil's break reduces all damage however, making up for his poor healing to some extent (since you'll likely never use it except on bosses, you'll likely have at least 2 charges by the time you get to a boss you'll need it in which will last the majority of the fight)

Ashodin

But less than Dark Cecil sooo.......

Another 5 mithril draw, another 3 star item (diamond staff, already have a superior 4-star staff... lame!)

Pally Cecil's break reduces all damage however, making up for his poor healing to some extent (since you'll likely never use it except on bosses, you'll likely have at least 2 charges by the time you get to a boss you'll need it in which will last the majority of the fight)
Who cares about Dark Cecil!? :p

Negator

my latest conquest

Oh shit, I just looked and realized that I could craft it and probably hone it too.

I kind of want to save my Power Orbs for Power Break though. I made Armor Break and stuff just gets blown up now lol.

Problem is that I need Non-Elemental*** orbs, and that's a gigantic pain in the ass.

Hundred Gunner was less scary then I thought, only took 3 thundara and 2 boosted waka blade bash to take him down.

I feel like I can see the end of Shinra :']

Also I was told Dark Attack is the way to go against Rufus ya? I just got enough orbs to make it so I guess yolo

Hundred Gunner was less scary then I thought, only took 3 thundara and 2 boosted waka blade bash to take him down.

I feel like I can see the end of Shinra :']

Also I was told Dark Attack is the way to go against Rufus ya? I just got enough orbs to make it so I guess yolo

I just cleared 70 there. I was trying to farm dark orbs all day but got tired of it and just went for it and cleared Rufus on the first try.

Average party level was 24 and the only worthwhile skill I have is 4 thundara. Dark Attack definitely isn't essential but you can use the trick if you want the mastery.

I just cleared 70 there. I was trying to farm dark orbs all day but got tired of it and just went for it and cleared Rufus on the first try.

Average party level was 24 and the only worthwhile skill I have is 4 thundara. Dark Attack definitely isn't essential but you can use the trick if you want the mastery.

I might as well, was able to get mastery on everything minus 36-40 and that's only cause I was a dummy and forgot to put the FF7 gloves on Tifa (switched to the claws for another dungeon due to the slightly higher accuracy) so I'll master all of Shinra tower and move on to finishing up the Cecile event... then do final fantasy 6 which I've completely neglected :X

Road

After thinking over Cecil, both versions seem lacking, for reasons already stated, and I also noticed they are so goddam slow.

My main party is still: Tidus / Cloud / Sephiroth / Tyro / Rydia.

If I'm farming something that is not from FFIV, I trade Rydia for someone else for better auto-attack.

So far gained curaga, haste, drain strike. Now need the armor power breaks and gravity. Will try to get one level of each of those before going for level two.

Is Haste worth it?

On a similar subject, has anyone tried Regen?

Falk

that puzzling face
The problem with Regen in this game is it's too random. It requires you to get hit AFTER you've cast it for it to be effective. Which means it'd only really be effective on AOE attacks, and even then it you might as well have had something like protect or shell instead.

If you could cast Regen on a character that taunts on the other hand then maybe it'd be more useful over something like Cura.

Regen seems like it'd be worthless with how this game is structured. Perhaps if you could do all 9-15 battles in one marathon keeping buffs between battles for the entire length of the dungeon. In the end if you're going to put a healing spell in one of your 10 slots you might as well put the most powerful one you have.

After thinking over Cecil, both versions seem lacking, for reasons already stated, and I also noticed they are so goddam slow.

My main party is still: Tidus / Cloud / Sephiroth / Tyro / Rydia.

If I'm farming something that is not from FFIV, I trade Rydia for someone else for better auto-attack.

Is Haste worth it?

On a similar subject, has anyone tried Regen?

Have not tried it out yet, rolling out the IV 4 and cloud, need tyro or the white Mage to use it.

Ashodin

The problem with Regen in this game is it's too random. It requires you to get hit AFTER you've cast it for it to be effective. Which means it'd only really be effective on AOE attacks, and even then it you might as well have had something like protect or shell instead.

If you could cast Regen on a character that taunts on the other hand then maybe it'd be more useful over something like Cura.

Regen All would be a better spell if they implement it.

antitrop

The Cecils were laughably easy to get, but I wasn't sure if I was going to get Sephiroth, because of the Hundred Gunner ranged boss. Just took him out with 1,600dmg Thundaras from Rydia. :)

So, lookin good.

Honestly an "all" skill would be pretty sweet for a game like this, sacrifice your second ability slot for the ability to make your ability become a target all ability.

Falk

that puzzling face
Could see that working with two separate abilities (one Black, one White, both Rank 4 for limiting who has access to it, and it only works when paired with the same school so no All Double Cut lol) Then it's its own separate use counter. You use it instead of the paired magic and it deducts from the All uses and casts on all allies or enemies at reduced strength. (Reduced duration for buffs)

square enix hire me

thedan001

Double 5* draw!

lust shield and genji armor pretty much makes pally Cecil tank actually useful (use soul break, cast protect/regen on Cecil and go to town on boss) Should I put Cecil to back row now? or put it in front so dps doesnt suck?
opinions please!

fyi I have Buster Sword from my first 11 pull attempt, I was hoping for Masamune tbh for dat aoe soul break this time but future chars will have aoe breaks anyways... but this is still good

gogo team cecil!

PvytI5B.png

Deadly

Tomorrow is the armor daily right? Since I've got a bunch of those I think I'll finally take a break from the dailies and farm those black cowls.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, like I was saying 4x IV wrecks the IV Elites. Not to mention Thundaras left over from the Shinra event.

Falk

that puzzling face
It certainly isn't just interchangeable with "Attack"

Specifically in this case, Cecil's DPS sucks in the back row, and marginally sucks less in the front row, when spamming attack. (assuming Attack is spammed on cooldown)

Compare this to Tyro with a harp whose DPS sucks equally regardless.

I just started playing this and I don't get how this can be as good as it is. Did Squenix actually figure out how mobile game works after all these years?

Seeing Tidus turning Super Saiyan when I went through the FFX door the first time was hilarious.

thedan001

You guys seriously need to learn what "dps" means.

Specifically in this case, Cecil's DPS sucks in the back row, and marginally sucks less in the front row, when spamming attack. (assuming Attack is spammed on cooldown)

Compare this to Tyro with a harp whose DPS sucks equally regardless.

DPS terminology has varying context depends on what game you play, I suppose. Playing ffxiv, I'm used to tanks talking about dps parses even though paladin dps is crap

I simply ask if cecil's attack would be worth it at the cost of lower defense, or just go straight up defend in the back row and play support tank from there

Cloud with 3K Drain Strikes (1K heals)

why yes yes, it does make soloing runs a cake for max exp

garath

It certainly isn't just interchangeable with "Attack"

Given that each character has a speed attribute as well as attack, dps is quite appropriate. This is an active time battle system, not a traditional turn based. Maybe you need to remove yourself from your high horse and chill out.

Roto13

Given that each character has a speed attribute as well as attack, dps is quite appropriate. This is an active time battle system, not a traditional turn based. Maybe you need to remove yourself from your high horse and chill out.

Maybe that would be fine if that's how people were using it.

Maybe learn how to talk to people.

NomadX

Neo Member
60 bucks spent and I ended up with mostly 3*, no 5* at all even with the increased chances for 4 items. Well that sucks, but I expected it.

I'm stuck at the Dark Knight and the "too far to hit" boss at Shinra. Sigh.

Thundara and Thunder on Rydia with a black cowl supported by a tyro protect should help with the too far to hit boss, maybe try for 4 warriors and tyro with cure/protect + everyone in the back row for dark knight and see if you can win by waiting him out.

garath

Maybe that would be fine if that's how people were using it.

What? What is your problem? I don't think I'm the person that needs to learn how to talk to people.

a) the only instance of anyone using "dps" in the last 3 pages is "or put it in front so dps doesnt suck"

b) you come out of nowhere with a snotty ass remark "you guys need to learn what dps means"

So educate me here. How is this one instance of the acronym "dps" incorrect? I need to understand why you suddenly decided to criticize what looks to me like a perfectly fine use of the acronym. Cecil will do more damage per second in the front row than the back. This applies quite nicely as the system in this game is literally damage over time and melee characters in the back row do less damage.

Actually. Don't reply. This thread doesn't need your input on what dps means. I think everyone else is perfectly fine without your opinion here.

edit: I'm not even going to continue this. There's absolutely no reason for it. Not going to crap up the thread any more.

Jomjom

Banned
Lame. finally saved up 50 mythril and did my pull. Got 4 4 star items and one 5 star. When i saw that rainbow colored orb I was thinking it would be one of the soul break items, but nope! Shitty judgment rod.

There's some high level nerdary going on right now.

I always think of that early Yahtzee review of TWEWY where he says something along the lines of "I don't understand people who like JRPGs it's just a group of nerds talking about spread sheets" which is pretty true looking at this conversation lol

rhino4evr

To be fair I played a shit ton of JRPGS as a kid, and only used a spreadsheet to map out dungeons. As much as I love stats, I realize that playing how you want to play, is often more fun then playing how you "should" be playing

Falk

that puzzling face
I always think of that early Yahtzee review of TWEWY where he says something along the lines of "I don't understand people who like JRPGs it's just a group of nerds talking about spread sheets" which is pretty true looking at this conversation lol

DPS was pretty much an MMO term a decade ago.

All hail Everquest and vanilla WoW.

edit:

holy shit what crawled up your ass lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom