• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunGod

You could try blinding him before you take out the two ipoohs, and if all your attempts and blind fail, close the app and restart and you will have all your abilities back. This will allow you to go into the round fresh every time until you get a good start with blind stuck.

You can't touch him at all until you've beaten the two Ipoohs, unfortunately.

You start that battle only, for example if you use it on 4/4 (the boss stage) you start from the boss battle again, from 4/4 with the random bonuses.
Edit: you start with all the abilities charged, and any effect removed.

I used one because the helicopter killed my Rydia on his first turn ¬¬.

Out of interest do you know if you can then exit app and start it again and have those buffs in place?

Anyway, after around 5 hours on and off of trying I finally did it! Just two more elite dungeons to go! :)

ktEo479.png

CTLance

I wanted the rare gear that drops in the daily so ve been grinding that sucker on hard all day, but things went out of hand...

So, I am happy to announce that I now have nearly my entire inventory fully upgraded. I'm also flat out broke, but whatever. Tremble before my mighty garderobe full of 80+ pieces of 3* gear! .... and four 4* items from the gacha. orz

I only found two helmets. My luck with this game is pretty bad.

StMeph

So I have a question about Record Synergy. If the item itself is NOT upgraded at all, is a 3* base item matching the record better than a 4* non-matching? Or does it have to be upgraded to really start making a difference?

From what I'm reading, it seems like it's the number of 5x levels put into it that makes the big synergy differences, so an un-upgraded item doesn't contribute that much?

SunGod

Am I curious about the average level of your party and if you have a few very strong gears or if it's done with mostly good synergy items?

Mid 40s. I've only tried 4 rare relic pulls (right when I first started) and got Maneater, Crystal Sword (both 4* FF6 weapons) and a Main Gauche (3* FF6). I have a Boomerang++ on Tyro too but he was sitting in the back row defending until I had blind up on Vargas.

All 5 had Leather Armor++ equipped, I farmed those yesterday from the Cecil event (Mount Ordeals Station 2, to be precise) there might be a better place but I knew I got one there on my first run through so I just kept repeating it)

Also I don't post too often on GAF but I believe there's a rule about posting large images, is the screengrab I posted in my last post okay? Is the correct protocol to simply add an image into a quote box like that? (I think I read that somewhere once)

Kouriozan

I wanted the rare gear that drops in the daily so ve been grinding that sucker on hard all day, but things went out of hand...

So, I am happy to announce that I now have nearly my entire inventory fully upgraded. I'm also flat out broke, but whatever. Tremble before my mighty garderobe full of 80+ pieces of 3* gear! .... and four 4* items from the gacha. orz

I only found two helmets. My luck with this game is pretty bad.

I'm also doing it for mythril equips, got a shield and 2 armors so far.
Hoping for at least 1 other item before the next daily.

reKon

Banned
downloaded this last night and will dive more into it later.

The game could use higher res graphics (or provide an option to download a high res package) and they need to optimize the shit out of this game. I was only running on a Nexus (2013) on stock android and it was slow/laggy, but I doubt that it will suddenly be amazing smooth when I try this on my Z3 Compact.

So I have a question about Record Synergy. If the item itself is NOT upgraded at all, is a 3* base item matching the record better than a 4* non-matching? Or does it have to be upgraded to really start making a difference?

From what I'm reading, it seems like it's the number of 5x levels put into it that makes the big synergy differences, so an un-upgraded item doesn't contribute that much?

Bonuses vary per item, so it's hard to say for sure. But you can always compare. Put on your 3* matching item, go into the dungeon, view the item in the inventory screen and it will show you the modified stats. Retreat, then put on the 4* unmatching item and go back into the dungeon and check again.

The pages that describe the math aren't very well documented at this point, but from what I can tell, you use the following mapping:

Code:
ItemLevel      SynergyBonus
1-4                15
5-9                20
10-14              30
15-19              40
20-24              50
25-29              60
30                 70

Then to find the item's effective level, you just add the item level and the synergy bonus. So generally speaking, a base 3* item completely unupgraded will be at level 1 and have a 15 level synergy bonus giving it an effective level of 16.

Whether or not that effective level 16 3* item is better than the level 1 non-synergy 4* item depends on the base stats of the two original item and how their stats scale as they level.

Magnus

I don't understand the thread title, with the assumption that there's a joke in there somewhere. Because ATB only stands for Active Time Battle as far as I know. Right?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there a way to link my account to my facebook account or something? I have to do a restore on my phone but I don't want to lose my FFRK progress.

Is there a way to link my account to my facebook account or something? I have to do a restore on my phone but I don't want to lose my FFRK progress.

If you're on iOS, you can tie your progress to your Game Center ID. It's in the menu under Preventing Data Loss --> Upload Save Data. Then you'd restore with the Import Save Data button.

It's actually how I play on both my phone and iPad, but it technically answers your question too, possibly for Android as well!

Roto13

If you're on iOS, you can tie your progress to your Game Center ID. It's in the menu under Preventing Data Loss --> Upload Save Data. Then you'd restore with the Import Save Data button.

It's actually how I play on both my phone and iPad, but it technically answers your question too, possibly for Android as well!

Yes, on Android you can do it with your Google account or Facebook.

You can also have your save data automatically sync between multiple devices this way. It's pretty nifty.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

THanks!

I was expecting this to be more difficult, going by some of the posts here. (Not that I steamrolled it or anything. A couple of my characters got KO'd.)

Here's my party. Blizzara is only level 1. Blizzard is level 3.

Your party is probably significantly higher leveled and more decked out than the people who found it difficult a week ago.

Pro-tip about large images:

Add "l" (lower case letter L) to the end of your imgur URL before the .png or .jpg part and imgur will auto-downsize it for you.

IE:
http://i.imgur.com/ktEo479.png becomes
http://i.imgur.com/ktEo479l.png

ktEo479l.png

If you're uploading from your phone, then you can use an app like Imgupr to upload your screenshot to imgur, and when you go to copy the link choose the "Medium Image" link and it will just already be the l version of the image.

Also, you can quote large images to make them smaller, which has the added benefit of allowing someone on desktop to click it and temporarily make it full size.

Negator

Holy shit, how in the hell am I supposed to beat Baigan elite? All my characters are 40+ with fully upgraded 3 and 4* resonance gear and the damage is out of control. Do I have to have every ability at 4/5 to even stand a chance going into Cagnazzo?

Edit: Wow fuck this. I can't even beat him pooling all my resources into Baigan. What a joke.

SunGod

Okay another question, if I were to use the heal option (for the cost of one mythril) in a dungeon with party members KO'd... will they be revived with full HP?

Okay another question, if I were to use the heal option (for the cost of one mythril) in a dungeon with party members KO'd... will they be revived with full HP?

Yes, Mythril is a full restore. All health, all MP, removes all status effects.

Holy shit, how in the hell am I supposed to beat Baigan elite? All my characters are 40+ with fully upgraded 3 and 4* resonance gear and the damage is out of control. Do I have to have every ability at 4/5 to even stand a chance going into Cagnazzo?

Edit: Wow fuck this. I can't even beat him pooling all my resources into Baigan. What a joke.

Oh man... that's scary sounding. I'm just waiting for my stamina to recharge and I'll be in the same position... My guys all have FFIV armor and 3 have FFIV weapons... I think I'm an even lower level however... This should be 'fun'...

SunGod

Yes, Mythril is a full restore. All health, all MP, removes all status effects.

Oh man... that's scary sounding. I'm just waiting for my stamina to recharge and I'll be in the same position... My guys all have FFIV armor and 3 have FFIV weapons... I think I'm an even lower level however... This should be 'fun'...

Thanks! I'm about to take on Baigan myself with a bunch of Kunai++ and Mythril Armor++. I'm planning on simply defeating his body and taking the self destruct hits, using a mythril to restore myself then beat Cagnazzo. Hope it goes well for both of you!

Negator

Yeah, I'm not even going to go back in until everyone is level capped with 4/5 honed abilities and some lucky relic draws. Not even worth trying.

antitrop

I've been doing this ever since Imgur started up. They have options for smaller size, thumbnails, etc that just add a certain letter to the end of the file name.

Ya, the only problem I've found with that is Imgur's resizing introduces tons of compression artifacting. I usually find it worth spending the 30 seconds in Photoshop to resize the image in good quality, myself.

Does anybody know what the mysterious social features are specifically in the Japanese version? My Google-fu is failing me. I have a few friends who play and am wondering what's in store for us!

EGM92

Is it possible to farm the Mythil Armor/Shield/Helm in Easy mode of the daily dungeon?? Does the difficulty affect the drop rates of equipment?

cbay

Neo Member
Can anyone help me? I was just going through Shinra building, doing all the dungeons, having a good time. Then I got through to the floors 46-50 section. I did floors 46-49, and click to fight the boss on 50...and it says error while loading. Game crashes, I restart. It tells me the game crashed while I was in a battle, so I can either reload and forfeit my stamina for that battle, then try again, or try to reconnect to the battle. I obviously try to reconnect to the battle first. It fails. I try 5 or 6 more times. It fails. I resolve myself to losing the stamina, then try to enter level 50 from the dungeon screen. Fails again. Game crashes. Repeat this whole thing 5 or 6 times (periodically, throughout the day).

Finally, I decided to retreat the dungeon. I start all over again. I beat levels 46-49...and then same problem with the boss.

Anyone else having this problem? Does this game have cloud saves on google play, so I could uninstall and reinstall? Am I just screwed?

A secondary question: does the difficulty curve on the Shinra building go WAY up, because I am having NO problem at all so far. It's almost kind of easy. I'm frequently using autobattle. :/

Shahed

So I maxed out all Armour I could using the materials to the point I have no Gil remaining, and no space in my inventory. I'm gonna need to farm so much Gil tomorrow

Kouriozan

My rarest equips so far, and one fully upgraded Mythril Armor!
Also, 10 gils left :lol

lYowZnal.jpg

Mythril Helmet is just +, while the Shield is the normal one, I'd be nice to get another helmet before the next daily. I'll need to farm gils so much *-*

thedan001

Paladin Cecil get!

That was even easier than the Shinra event, I know Shinra was supposed to be after Cecil's event.

Now to farm adamantite and lesser/normal orbs while leveling other low level'd chars

Any guesses what the next event should be? Trying to decide if I should attempt to spend mythril for the masamune or wait for the next featured gatcha

Should have mastered all of the dailies on hard come Wednesday. Only done a handful of elites. But scared to try more due to the high stamina requirements which I'd rather not waste if I end up failing.

Does anybody know what the mysterious social features are specifically in the Japanese version? My Google-fu is failing me. I have a few friends who play and am wondering what's in store for us!

You can take a friend/random leader to quest with you. That leader won't be part of the party but act more like a Summon that use can use.

With the stress of Shinra off my back and the ease of finishing the Cecile event I'm having more fun just making crazy teams and doing the normal content I skipped over. Even then my under leveled team of Ranger, Dark Cecil, Kain, Sephy, and Tidus can still one shot everything in FFVI realm :X

Shahed

I started doing the Hard Daily's for the first time today. Sure they take more stamina, but the drops are so much better. This one is pretty wasy on auto attack because of the Shinra Event and Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth. It'll be the same for the FFIV daily but I wonder if I'll be capable of the rest
rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom