• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I noticed that the treasure boxes are different colors based on rarity (one star and two star items are AWFULLY close, but still different).

CCQsF-XUAAAi4ep.jpg

Are the Mythril gear drops really something to write home about when you combine them?
They will be better than one star items combined, that's about it, I guess.

Orbs are the same way actually. I also just noticed this yesterday.
That was more immediately noticeable to me (yellow and red).

One star and two star chests are just different shades of reddish brown, so I didn't notice they were different until I saw a three star chest.

Mattiator

Hello all :)
I'm currently using Cloud, Tidus, Kain, Rydia and Tyro. I recently unlocked Sephiroth and Cecil dark knight. I've almost got Cecil paladin. What should I adjust my party too?? Thanks for any help!

Hello all :)
I'm currently using Cloud, Tidus, Kain, Rydia and Tyro. I recently unlocked Sephiroth and Cecil dark knight. I've almost got Cecil paladin. What should I adjust my party too?? Thanks for any help!

White Mage is better than Tyro if you can keep her alive. Other than that, I would say definitely keep Cloud and Rydia. And Tidus/Kain you can swap with Sephiroth/Cecil/Cecil depending on the dungeon.

Mattiator

White Mage is better than Tyro if you can keep her alive. Other than that, I would say definitely keep Cloud and Rydia. And Tidus/Kain you can swap with Sephiroth/Cecil/Cecil depending on the dungeon.

Thanks for the quick response :)
I will start leveling up the other characters and I'm thinking I will have to take a gander at the white Mage.

So what level should i be to do the medium level dailies and stuff? Party's near 11~12 now. Still working through the baby missions before hitting a stamina wall.

Thanks! I'm about to take on Baigan myself with a bunch of Kunai++ and Mythril Armor++. I'm planning on simply defeating his body and taking the self destruct hits, using a mythril to restore myself then beat Cagnazzo. Hope it goes well for both of you!

Tried this strategy... got REKT!

Put everyone but Dark Cecil in the backrow to soak up damage and hopefully have Rydia out live his reflects so I could keep casting Blizzara.... Got further... but damn he just won't die but I sure will...

Going to farm up some mats for more physical moves (my drain and charge are hitting for 1k+ but both are only level 1) as well as gain some more levels on Dark and Pally Cecil.

Does difficulty effect the drop rate in the daily? Want to try to get another mythril armor

Not positive... But pretty sure it does. I went from only having 1 piece of each last week, to having fully upgraded on all 3 mithril while doing less of them because hards.

Vilifier

Neo Member
I am making good progress in this game now. Currently farming hard daily dungeon aiming for mythril armor. Will get onto the elite dungeons next.

FF6 is where you go to farm, it's often better than the dailies even.

But is that intentional or just some wonky % based drops? Considering my mid teens "gonna just grind them up" party is just auto battling to victory I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it lol.

But is that intentional or just some wonky % based drops? Considering my mid teens "gonna just grind them up" party is just auto battling to victory I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it lol.

FF6 were the last of the classic dungeons released so far, so most likely intentional. Big leap from FF6 regs to any of the elites which all pretty much require you to have decent spells.

FF6 were the last of the classic dungeons released so far, so most likely intentional. Big leap from FF6 regs to any of the elites which all pretty much require you to have decent spells.

Now I'm sad that I didn't finish out the classic dungeons before putting all focus on doing Shinra as the extra stamina and all these lesser orbs would have made things much easier.

Falk

that puzzling face
I feel like Baigan Elite is one of those fights that gets absolutely trivialized with some poopsocking and spreadsheet nerdery.

Like literally just take note of how much HP he has on one playthrough, maybe two, narrowed down to within 1k window or so, then blow up one arm, bring him low, blow up the other arm, then nuke him.

Takes a bit of effort, but yeah.

(disclaimer: Haven't done it yet, waiting to trick out my IV crew this weekend with gil/xp dailies first)

edit: so if you do get ballpark ranges of his HP plz post here

I feel like Baigan Elite is one of those fights that gets absolutely trivialized with some poopsocking and spreadsheet nerdery.

Like literally just take note of how much HP he has on one playthrough, maybe two, narrowed down to within 1k window or so, then blow up one arm, bring him low, blow up the other arm, then nuke him.

Takes a bit of effort, but yeah.

(disclaimer: Haven't done it yet, waiting to trick out my IV crew this weekend with gil/xp dailies first)

edit: so if you do get ballpark ranges of his HP plz post here

You can do it all in one play through. Blow up his arm, take note of the hp. Blow up body, take note of hp. Close app and restart fresh

Falk

that puzzling face
Farming today for Mythril def gear from today's daily should definitely help, too.

Quoting from another forum:
Record Synergy gives extra levels; +10 levels for characters (so a 25 Cloud becomes 35 in Shinra), and an increasing scale for weapons (Levels 1-4 gain 15 levels, 5-9 gain 20, 10-14 gain 30, etc.). So a level 10/10 3* Leather Gloves++ (VII) is effectively level 40, but that's still based on the 1* scale. A level 10/10 3* Sonic Knuckles+ (III) wouldn't gain enough from being an original 2* to make up the difference from losing Synergy (even assuming double scaling that's effectively level 20), nor is a level 15/15 4* Sonic Knuckles++ likely to, but a level 15/15 4* Something+ (IV) might. It's even easier to surpass synergy if you aren't leveling the weapons that benefit from it.

^holy shit at item synergy especially going past lv15

SunGod

Put everyone but Dark Cecil in the backrow to soak up damage and hopefully have Rydia out live his reflects so I could keep casting Blizzara.... Got further... but damn he just won't die but I sure will...

Going to farm up some mats for more physical moves (my drain and charge are hitting for 1k+ but both are only level 1) as well as gain some more levels on Dark and Pally Cecil

What are your levels? I managed it earlier and it wasn't too difficult, make sure you poison him too! Blizzard Strike was hitting for 3500 or so and I had Kain jumping for 2500 at a time (and then double cutting for similar damage)

EDIT: Has anyone managed to clear the FF6 Imperial Camp elite mission? It's the last one I have to do but I really struggled against the two bosses in Figaro Castle... I'm not looking forward to fighting three! I'm hoping maybe they have fewer HP?

Shahed

Yes it's more Stamina, but I'd definitely recommend Hard Daily's if you're strong enough. I'm regularly getting at least 4 drops from only 6 enemies. That's all 2* material with the occasional 3* pretty much every other round with some random Mythril gear thrown in for good measure. I'm hoping I can just farm Orbs like this from now on. It'll be a bit more difficult without 3 synergy characters. But even then I was only using those 3 on Auto Battle. Other places I'd just take a full party and play properly

Roto13

Don't need any more adamantite right now so I'm grinding the Cecils in the FF IV event dungeon. Also grinding Rydia, though she doesn't need it.

Prototype

Waiting for stamina then I'll face Elite Antlion.

Cloud raining down Blizzard strike after blizzard strike, and Rydia flinging Blizzaras between Cures, two Cecils soaking and dishing damage, Kain soaring through the air, jump after jump after double jump.

I can already taste it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
-> Not enough gil

I've spent almost 140,000 today upgrading stuff

Vorpal

Can't... stop... trying to farm Mythril gear from the daily dungeon. I feel like my stamina could be better spent elsewhere but I want a fully upgraded piece for each of my party members gosh dangit

thedan001

Some have already cleared all elite dungeons with champion mastery (reddit)

Here's what we know, max stamina is 49 with 3 crystals after all elites cleared

Key abilities were Magic/Power break, so make those for elites

at least 1 character with a 5* soul break weapon makes it much easier
still possible without it with synergy 4* combined gear for IV and VI dungeons

or wait until more characters are released for more synergy, but some of us likes the challenge

Road

I compiled all available equipment with and without synergy bonus for comparison:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1srHBlPJvUb0MLgOohWJTnBUehm0ShZKpRbqeA8r0GtU/edit?usp=sharing

You can create a filter view if you want to search for FF1 equipment for instance.

Static html for mobile data saving: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RbqeA8r0GtU/pubhtml?gid=461537531&single=true

Let me know if there's any mistake.

Holy shit, how in the hell am I supposed to beat Baigan elite? All my characters are 40+ with fully upgraded 3 and 4* resonance gear and the damage is out of control. Do I have to have every ability at 4/5 to even stand a chance going into Cagnazzo?

Edit: Wow fuck this. I can't even beat him pooling all my resources into Baigan. What a joke.

Have you guys checked http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/30u9v1/elite_boss_strategy_thread/ ?

Fuck me, I just sold a 3* Ripper by accident. It happened to be the only 3* free relic draw I have ever gotten. lol... Oh, well

Vorpal

I compiled all available equipment with and without synergy bonus for comparison:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1srHBlPJvUb0MLgOohWJTnBUehm0ShZKpRbqeA8r0GtU/edit?usp=sharing

You can create a filter view if you want to search for FF1 equipment for instance.

Static html for mobile data saving: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RbqeA8r0GtU/pubhtml?gid=461537531&single=true

Let me know if there's any mistake.

Very cool. I find this way easier to navigate than the other spreadsheets I've seen. Thanks for putting this together.

Flambe

Hm this is making me want to get the FFIV Complete for my Vita, though haven't played it before so I dunno.

Have played 1 and then everything past VI. With VI being my favourite, y'all think that IV will be easy enough to go back to?

Not sure if the gameplay and whatnot holds up, I had tried Phantasy Star II on recommendations but couldn't bear to play it, but I'm guessing IV is less archaic than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom