• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any clue on how long we will have to wait until we get the speed options that the Japanese version has? That would make auto-battle grinding so much faster.

Wow the sand worms on the hard gil dungeon are amazing, 9k / kill. Just got over 60k on a single run including completion bonus because i got lucky and ran into 3 of them. Still can't master it though, it's hard with no record synergy

Can't effectively do the hard daily for Gil so thinking of doing normal for a bit to bolster for upgrades this week.

In the meantime I'm thinking I should just spend my time farming VI for orbs. Abilities are second to synergy basically, right?

Vorpal

So just started and I already feel lost. Is there something particular I should do at the very beginning other than go through the "story" mode? I dipped into the daily today on easy but I haven't touched any upgrading/orbs/etc. I probably shouldn't be this nervous "wasting" resources but I'm always hesitant to do anything in these games else I screw myself out of something later.

I think the only really important piece of advice at first is to avoid spending Mythril currency on refreshing stamina, healing your party, or expanding inventory slots. Better to save them for Rare Relic Draws. Aside from that, feel free to just play through the (relatively short) story mode while you get a feel for the game. Daily dungeons rotate weekly, so you won't miss anything crucial by letting them pass by. After you've finished the story content, you should have plenty of time left to run through the current FFIV Event Dungeon, which will add a couple extra characters to your roster.

As far as orbs go, you can always farm more, so don't be afraid to use them up. Some good skills to pick up early on are Thunder and Cure/Cura. When you start getting Lesser Thunder and Wind orbs, it's worth working towards Thundara and Double Cut (Physical). If you're not too worried about min/maxing or 100% efficiency though, feel free to try out whatever abilities look interesting. That's what I did, and I haven't completely sabotaged my progress or anything.

Gacha rates are the worst. Only 5* I got was the Buster Sword! Not enough!

:)

Preach!

thedan001

3rd event in JP lists FFVII Aeris along with 5* guard rod that has cure all soul break, her normal soul break is stop/silence all targets

Guard Rod Aeris would definitely replace white mage for good, Tyro's healing grimoire needs 2 bars anyway (I dont even think many ppl have it either)

gatcha's really suck... if they sold each individual 5 stars as micro-transactions albeit higher costs, I would prefer that over dang rng. Put old 5 stars for sale and new ones into gatcha wouldnt be bad either

IAP games, man...

Shahed

Can't effectively do the hard daily for Gil so thinking of doing normal for a bit to bolster for upgrades this week.

In the meantime I'm thinking I should just spend my time farming VI for orbs. Abilities are second to synergy basically, right?

I can just about do Hard if I manage the fight myself. I've been at work though so no time for that, so I switched to the normal mode and auto battled my way instead. Yeah abilities are huge. I could definitely do with some levels in Cura, Double Cut and the *Ra spells. In fact if only a few had more levels, i'd do Hard easily enough since i'd kill them before they damage me too much

reKon

Banned
I think the only really important piece of advice at first is to avoid spending Mythril currency on refreshing stamina, healing your party, or expanding inventory slots. Better to save them for Rare Relic Draws. Aside from that, feel free to just play through the (relatively short) story mode while you get a feel for the game. Daily dungeons rotate weekly, so you won't miss anything crucial by letting them pass by. After you've finished the story content, you should have plenty of time left to run through the current FFIV Event Dungeon, which will add a couple extra characters to your roster.

As far as orbs go, you can always farm more, so don't be afraid to use them up. Some good skills to pick up early on are Thunder and Cure/Cura. When you start getting Lesser Thunder and Wind orbs, it's worth working towards Thundara and Double Cut (Physical). If you're not too worried about min/maxing or 100% efficiency though, feel free to try out whatever abilities look interesting. That's what I did, and I haven't completely sabotaged my progress or anything.

Preach!

Do events like the Tifa one expire and you miss out on getting the character? I see some dates in there, but I don't know if that means that event ends and is temporarily unavailable.

Roto13

Any clue on how long we will have to wait until we get the speed options that the Japanese version has? That would make auto-battle grinding so much faster.

Still have to wait for stamina. :p

because of overall better stats in other areas and being more flexible compared to the white mage?

Because he can take more damage before going down. The White Mage has higher Mind, though, so she (he? it?) is a better dedicated healer if you can keep her alive. I use her.

Vorpal

Do events like the Tifa one expire and you miss out on getting the character? I see some dates in there, but I don't know if that means that event ends and is temporarily unavailable.

The event will expire, yeah. From what I understand, there will be additional opportunities to acquire these characters (probably when they add more episodes/stages for each world), and the Event Dungeons are mostly an opportunity to get them early. Maybe someone who's played the JP version could correct me if that's wrong.

reKon

Banned
The event will expire, yeah. From what I understand, there will be additional opportunities to acquire these characters (probably when they add more episodes/stages for each world), and the Event Dungeons are mostly an opportunity to get them early. Maybe someone who's played the JP version could correct me if that's wrong.

Sounds like I'll have to work towards getting Tifa now then! It still have a few days for both Cecil's. Seph will probably be too difficult to get. My entire party is at level 12 right now..

Vorpal

Sounds like I'll have to work towards getting Tifa now then! It still have a few days for both Cecil's. Seph will probably be too difficult to get. My entire party is at level 12 right now..

I'm pretty sure some people in this thread tackled the Shinra event at low-ish levels. It might be worth digging around to see what their strategies were. Protect Vests from the event definitely help a lot. My party was around lv 20-25 when I cleared the tower, I think? I don't really remember.

In any case, yeah, Tifa is definitely the easier character to obtain!

Roto13

When does the event end tomorrow? There's a chance you'll be able to do it if you plan ahead for the two flying bosses that can't be hit with melee attacks and are weak to thunder. (Get Thundara for Rydia and Black Mage, get Jump for Kain, put your strongest harp or bow on Tyro.) The EXP dungeon can help you beef up for it. I think it's possible.

Cecil event is a lot easier.

reKon

Banned
I'm pretty sure some people in this thread tackled the Shinra event at low-ish levels. It might be worth digging around to see what their strategies were. Protect Vests from the event definitely help a lot. My party was around lv 20-25 when I cleared the tower, I think? I don't really remember.

In any case, yeah, Tifa is definitely the easier character to obtain!

The dungeon was a cakewalk until the floors where you can get Tifa. It increased significantly in difficulty, lol (they target my black mage)

When does the event end tomorrow? There's a chance you'll be able to do it if you plan ahead for the two flying bosses that can't be hit with melee attacks and are weak to thunder. (Get Thundara for Rydia and Black Mage, get Jump for Kain, put your strongest harp or bow on Tyro.) The EXP dungeon can help you beef up for it. I think it's possible.

Cecil event is a lot easier.

I don't even have Tyro or Rydia yet haha

elty

Wow elite S.S. Liki is so hard. The 3 adds hit for 800 and the boss hit for 1000+ and also has AE. I got lucky getting blind in at 2nd attempts but my Tyro still died by an add. This just doesn't make sense when the trash mob usually hit like a normal daily.

Shahadan

I'm looking forward to whenever they add Aeris. I'll be sure to order my Sephiroth to stab her and kill her in one hit.

Also Aeris healing Sephiroth seems funny to me for some reason

Flambe

For people who can clear the hard gil daily, what is your part setup like?

35 Seph, 38 Cloud, 30 Tifa, 33 Rydia, 33 Kain atm, can just autoattack through it all at this point without tweaking equipment other than optimizing. That said I blew a bunch of money on pulls so I have a lot of 3* and 4* equipment but nothing special in the way of 5* =[

CTLance

So, on a whim I just threw all my remaining 15 mythril on the gacha.
phPqBQf.jpg
I should not listen to my whims.

Oh, and don't craft regen. Holy crap that thing is useless.
It ticks like every ten minutes and heals a positively minuscule amount. Terrible.

I mean, it counteracts poison, so I guess it's like a less crappy version of poisona, but for the same price you can just craft another Cura and face-tank the damage.

Hmm.. Okay, yeah I'm almost there, but my party is still too squishy. If I could just get some nice armor from the gacha instead of staves and dresses. Lol

chrono01

I've read that there's a true "rate-up" in the Japanese version for Relic pulls [and not just making special 5* equipment appear at the default 5* rates]. Is that true?

If so, I might just hoard my extra Mythril for that.

CTLance

Hmm.. Okay, yeah I'm almost there, but my party is still too squishy. If I could just get some nice armor from the gacha instead of staves and dresses. Lol
Try to farm the hard armour daily once it comes around again. The 2 star mythril armour pieces that rarely drop there are quite nice, and provided you have the money, you can upgrade them to 4 star items, respectively. It's not the best armour ever, but works nicely if you're starved for defence. Plus, you can sell the armour material drops once they flood your inventory so it's not entirely useless even if you only do the first level by spamming skills.

(Edit: not this Armour - that's probably a gacha drop. Sorry for the confusion.)
Armour
Shield
Helmet

Also, don't forget the Ship Graveyard endboss for the Black Cowl, which is a quite decent caster equip.

Between those two and maybe some loving for the antlion for his 2* Protect Vest you should be moderately tanky within a week.

mstevens

Wow elite S.S. Liki is so hard. The 3 adds hit for 800 and the boss hit for 1000+ and also has AE. I got lucky getting blind in at 2nd attempts but my Tyro still died by an add. This just doesn't make sense when the trash mob usually hit like a normal daily.

If you have a leveled up Sephiroth, his soul break should one hit all the adds.

Try to farm the hard armour daily once it comes around again. The 2/3 star mythril armour pieces that rarely drop there are quite nice, and provided you have the money, you can upgrade them to 4/5 star items, respectively. It's not the best armour ever, but works nicely if you're starved for defence. Plus, you can sell the armour material drops once they flood your inventory so it's not entirely useless even if you only do the first level by spamming skills.

Armour
Shield
Helmet

Also, don't forget the Ship Graveyard endboss for the Black Cowl, which is a quite decent caster equip.

Between those two and maybe some loving for the antlion for his 2* Protect Vest you should be moderately tanky within a week.

Excellent! I managed to get a couple of those pieces from the hard armor daily. Will definitely be hitting that hard when it comes around again. Going to add those other drops to my shopping list. Thank you so much!

How do you beat the Elite Antlion? Is there a day to disable his counter piercers?

Blizzara all day every day. No joke. Put all my guys on defense till I spammed out all of my Blizzara (4 charges) on a fully FF4 gear decked out Rydia, then after those were exhausted I went full crazy with all of my physical attacks on all of my FF4 geared out heroes and just tanked his pincers til he died.

eh that's what I meant. So theoretically, I could easily level a character I get late by having them solo with the best equipment on easier modes?

Pretty much. I got Pally Cecil up to level 20 super quick by only having him and Dark Cecil (who I used all of my stones on) doing Station 5 of the event by themselves over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom