• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedan001

Heard next event will be Aerith.

chrysalis wiki lists events in order in JP after cecil/tifa:

FFVII (Aeris)
FFVI (Terra)
FFVI (Celes)
FFV (Lenna)
FFVIII (RInoa)
FFXIII (Vanille)

You can check out entire list of characters and their 5* gear + soul break along with events to plan ahead your mythril spending, I found it useful
(again... NA could rearrange just like Shinra event)
Chrysalis Wiki

EDIT: double checked list

FFVII (Aeris)
FFVI (Terra)
FFVI (Celes)
FFV (Lenna)
FFVIII (RInoa)
FFXIII (Vanille)

You can check out entire list of characters and their 5* gear + soul break along with events to plan ahead your mythril spending, I found it useful
Chrysalis Wiki

I am so excited for Celes but damn she seems to be average at everything... =(

Shadow780

So glad I got Tifa before the event expired, need to play this game more.

What do I do with all the 1* equipments? I've gotten a decent amount of 3* equipments now, should I feed 1* to my 3* equipments, or sell them for gils?

Roto13

So glad I got Tifa before the event expired, need to play this game more.

What do I do with all the 1* equipments? I've gotten a decent amount of 3* equipments now, should I feed 1* to my 3* equipments, or sell them for gils?

You can sometimes turn 1 star equipment into something viable by combining multiple of the same piece and leveling it up. Having decent stuff from a variety of games is useful for taking advantage of synergy. Otherwise, I'd say sell it. It costs a lot to use it for upgrades and you don't get much return on it. (I exclusively use scarletite and adamantite for upgrading equipment.)

Prototype

Anything of note drop from the Cecil event? Just wondering if I should grind any bosses.

Made the mistake of not grinding Rufus, and now I can't make any good summons.

Hige

Vanille has absurd MAG and MND but only Physical Attack/Physical Speed/Monk skills

D:
I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that Chrysalis wiki info was a typo. The JP Wiki says she can use up to level 4 black magic, level 5 white, and level 2 support abilities.

Shadow780

You can sometimes turn 1 star equipment into something viable by combining multiple of the same piece and leveling it up. Having decent stuff from a variety of games is useful for taking advantage of synergy. Otherwise, I'd say sell it. It costs a lot to use it for upgrades and you don't get much return on it. (I exclusively use scarletite and adamantite for upgrading equipment.)

Thanks, it does seem those materials have greater effects on upgrading equipments.

Do they only drop from daily dungeons, or they could be farmed?

Falk

that puzzling face

Without delving too far into the mechanics, due to the way the Record Synergies work, even fully upgraded 1*++s that synergize with a certain world can be on par with non-synergy 15/15 4*s.

Record Synergy gives extra levels; +10 levels for characters (so a 25 Cloud becomes 35 in Shinra), and an increasing scale for weapons (Levels 1-4 gain 15 levels, 5-9 gain 20, 10-14 gain 30, etc.). So a level 10/10 3* Leather Gloves++ (VII) is effectively level 40, but that's still based on the 1* scale.

If things don't change in terms of levels/etc. from the JP version though, III, IX and XII paintings aren't going to be coming any time soon though so those weapons are very safely gil/upgrade fodder. (till the paintings/events are closer to rolling around. There will be quite a bit of advance notice I think)

Scarletite/Adamantite are far more efficient than 1*s for upgrading because they cost far less in Gil so you'll most likely want to sell them and wait for Armor/Weapon dailies to get those, unless you really need an upgrade now (ed: beaten)

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that Chrysalis wiki info was a typo. The JP Wiki says she can use up to level 4 black magic, level 5 white, and level 2 support abilities.

Yeh, so I figured, fired up JP version to check.

Red Mage

I'm using him right now and he is pretty OK. It's nice to have another black mage in the party though. I put poison and sleep on him and it seriously comes in handy to have Rydia keep her nukes while giving the utility spells to someone who can just auto attack. Also his limit break is better than MC's so there is almost no loss unless you're using MC as a healer.

Even though he can only use a limited amount of weapons, I've got him with a dancing dagger and his damage is decent.

Weapons aren't an issue since I have two four star daggers from the relic draws. Right now I am using Paly Cecil as my tank/healer, Kain, Cloud and Tifa/Sephiroth as my DPS and Rydia as my nuker.

BTW is it more effective starting out to make two double cuts or upgrade one?

Roto13

Thanks, it does seem those materials have greater effects on upgrading equipments.

Do they only drop from daily dungeons, or they could be farmed?

They can drop in regular dungeons, but if you want to farm for them, it's best to wait for the corresponding daily if you can because you'll be swimming in them.

Falk

that puzzling face
They can drop in regular dungeons, but if you want to farm for them, it's best to wait for the corresponding daily if you can because you'll be swimming in them.

Heh, I've still got 15 3* Adamantites on me. I feel like I should hoard them but realistically speaking by the time I need more next Armor Day would have rolled around already. Contemplating actually blowing a few on weapons at this point.

(And then I'll have too many Scarletites to hoard come Weapon Day)

reKon

Banned
should I be spend time farming Gil? Or is that pretty easy to get later on in the game?

Also, what should my priorities be? I'm on the level where I acquire Cecil so I'm focusing on that. Should I just keep playing the main game afterwards?

CTLance

should I be spend time farming Gil? Or is that pretty easy to get later on in the game?

Also, what should my priorities be? I'm on the level where I acquire Cecil so I'm focusing on that. Should I just keep playing the main game afterwards?
I say, pace yourself. Play whatever is fun to you right now.

Personally, I focused on the story mode at first so that I could utilise my full stamina bar according to daily dungeons and events. You will end up with around 40 stamina by the end of story mode, which is sorely needed if you want to tackle the higher level events, which eat up to 50 stamina per dungeon total (at ten per floor). If you have to do them piecemeal because your stamina limit is still low, then that's annoying.

Do a little bit of everything, avoid excessive minmaxing and grinding. Try to get a piggy bank going, maybe 100k Gil or so. That ought to be enough for one week. Grab some orbs, especially the rarer ones. Hunt for some equipment here and there, and if you have some items in excess, use them to upgrade your weaker items. For more rare items wait for the armour/weapon daily dungeons, if at all possible, since the upgrade mats that drop there are the most efficient way to go about this.

Basically, have fun. There's no story, no deep gameplay, only music, skinner boxes with IAPs, and nostalgia.

If you want some ideas:
The current FFIV event gives some pretty respectable XP if you grind the fifth station. Kick everyone from your party that isn't from that game, slap some heals on the brat and get cranking.
Go get some FFIV equipment. Doesn't matter what, it's virtually guaranteed to beat your current gear once it gets the record sync boost unless you were exceedingly lucky at the Gacha. The benefits are significant.
Regarding that, remember that the boost gets stronger every five levels of the gear, so upgrading that stuff is a good idea if you can spare the time, mats and money.
Siren and Kain drop some neat caster gear for this event. Kain in Fabul castle is even inside a FFIV dungeon, perfect for grinding up your new low levelled Cecil.

FFVII (Aeris)
FFVI (Terra)
FFVI (Celes)
FFV (Lenna)
FFVIII (RInoa)
FFXIII (Vanille)

Chrysalis Wiki

Wtf? Where's Light? She's on the freaking app shortcut and we're not getting her?

Shahadan

What will they do regarding the Shinra building when they update the ff7 world? I hope they're not putting the entirety of that in a normal level :lol:

Is there some glitch with the Growth Eggs? I can't spend them on anyone (whether they are in my party or not). However, I was able to do so before when I first got both of the Cecils.

Is there some glitch with the Growth Eggs? I can't spend them on anyone (whether they are in my party or not). However, I was able to do so before when I first got both of the Cecils.

i got like 80 of each now lol can't do anything with them. Only keep "playing" for the free giveaway everyday.

Like a week ago they announced it was broken on some devices and that they were working on a fix.

Taking on the final FF4 elite again... Full ff4 gear on everyone (maxed mithril armors, maxed cowl, 3 maxed kunai, 1 mithril hammer, maxed whip), 3 synergy characters (2 Cecil, 1 Rydia), 4 blizzara, 4 blizzard strike, several charge strikes, etc... If I don't win this time I give up on elites forever!

berzeli

Banned
I just uninstalled the game after having spent quite a few hours with it since its release. It isn't bad or anything really, but it just offers so little variation and ends up feeling like a skinner box with 8-bit Final Fantasy characters.

On the flip side it has made me a bit more positive that Squeenix might not fuck up Mobius/Mevius Final Fantasy completely with regards to how F2P is implemented.

Falk

that puzzling face
So uh.

I refuse to pay for gacha, ever. If I appreciate this effort and I wanted to show it I'd actually rather gift a few copies of FFXIII on Steam to people or something. (Yeah laugh it up) Essentially it's along the lines of "great game, I enjoyed it, but the business model sucks". Maybe it's like pissing into the wind as far as effectiveness is concerned because lol mobile gaming, but personally I'd still honest-to-God go to sleep better at night.

However, I'm 100% willing to pay for extra item slots, which are totally non-RNG, to show support for the game.

So my quandary is this.

Suppose I put in $30, do an 11-pull, then spend 30 mythril on item slots instead. This would be equivalent to me paying $30 for item slots, and then getting a 20 mythril discount on an 11 pull.

Did I just pay for gacha?

Help.

Shahed

Worth farming Mako Reactor 1 for Knife/Mythril Knife for the Hard Daily tomorrow? Ideally it would have been after the Tuesday Daily since there's a chance Mythril Knife's drop there and I've got plenty of FFVI gear

Kouriozan

Looking at character ranking in the wiki, I really need to level Sephiroth, he is like the best character right now until we get some more.

So uh.

I refuse to pay for gacha, ever. If I appreciate this effort and I wanted to show it I'd actually rather gift a few copies of FFXIII on Steam to people or something. (Yeah laugh it up) Essentially it's along the lines of "great game, I enjoyed it, but the business model sucks". Maybe it's like pissing into the wind as far as effectiveness is concerned because lol mobile gaming, but personally I'd still honest-to-God go to sleep better at night.

However, I'm 100% willing to pay for extra item slots, which are totally non-RNG, to show support for the game.

So my quandary is this.

Suppose I put in $30, do an 11-pull, then spend 30 mythril on item slots instead. This would be equivalent to me paying $30 for item slots, and then getting a 20 mythril discount on an 11 pull.

Did I just pay for gacha?

Help.

Well, since the rule you placed on yourself is an arbitrary one... it's kind of whatever you think it is. If you feel better justifying it that way, do it. If you want to pay to support you can always just use your money on slots even if it's slightly less efficient... but it would preserve your 'honor' in your fight against gacha.

To me personally? I'll not spend any of my real money on this game... I just couldn't handle the disappointment of paying for the game and not getting anything of value which has a high chance of happening... I don't feel bad using my google opinion rewards on it though.

Looking at character ranking in the wiki, I really need to level Sephiroth, he is like the best character right now until we get some more.

Not sure what it is... but Sephy has been pretty disappointing for me. I think it's due to the lack of weaponry. He's using a maxed out katana from the FF7 dungeon but it's not as good as the 3* weapons I've gotten from mithril draws... So because of that, Dark Cecil who's almost 10 levels lower ends up doing the same or more damage even in non-synergy dungeons.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm probably just going to end up gag-gifting XIII trilogy on Steam to someone.

If Mythril for item slots = no Mythril for pulls, so be it.

edit: I think it's worth farming some knives since both Sephiroth and Kain can use them, depending on the situation. Mage Masher (IV), Air Knife (VI) and Mythril Knife (II) cover quite a lot of ground. I know that V has a Katana, too, although that'd be limited to Sephiroth.

It may be more inefficient, but I'll only spend my real money on more item slots and in an extreme case maybe more stamina, mythril is only for gatcha and I'm not spending any real money on it. If I get an itunes gift card as a gift is probably the only exception.

Kouriozan

Not sure what it is... but Sephy has been pretty disappointing for me. I think it's due to the lack of weaponry. He's using a maxed out katana from the FF7 dungeon but it's not as good as the 3* weapons I've gotten from mithril draws... So because of that, Dark Cecil who's almost 10 levels lower ends up doing the same or more damage even in non-synergy dungeons.

Yeah, he looks pretty limited for equips, he can't use normal swords.
I'll stick with my current party until the next event, I guess.

Shahed

Yeah I'll get some Knife's. Getting two of them to ++ will make the dungeon tomorrow easy enough. Any Hard Daily's will be easy for me on the worlds IV-VII between gear and/or characters. They could really do with adding FFX gear or even an FFXII dungeon. Or maybe have the rewards be the same, but the dungeons for the Daily's be random

Falk

that puzzling face
FFXII paintings were lv40+ (Classic) I believe, so there's a long way to go. All the 1 and 2-star XII items are safe gil-fodder for now since you'll likely be swimming in them a few times over before those hit.

edit: And it bears repeating that III and IX are sorta in the same boat. (I'm saving the 3*s though)

edit2: The dailies have periodically changed out for different sets. I don't think we're even on the original set that JP had when they launched. (Or my memory is foggy - it's been some time)

edit: I think it's worth farming some knives since both Sephiroth and Kain can use them, depending on the situation. Mage Masher (IV), Air Knife (VI) and Mythril Knife (II) cover quite a lot of ground. I know that V has a Katana, too, although that'd be limited to Sephiroth.
Knives and the Katana have done well for me, depending on the dungeon. Cloud and Sep consistently are second highest damage dealers (behind Rydia's elemental nukes).
I'm probably just going to end up gag-gifting XIII trilogy on Steam to someone.
I would be more than happy to be the recipient of this gag gift. :D

Yeah I'm kind of regretting selling off/fusion foddering my multiple 1 star weapons because without resonance it can be hard for anyone not named Rydia to do major damage and she's limited to 4 thundara and 2 fira currently :/

My only 3 star pull weapons are a 6 weapon and a 12 weapon, everything else has been armor

Mmm that hard xp dungeon xp.... So good. 30k a pop

So why are people constantly using this term for this game? I've never heard of this for any jrpg I've played...
It's not the rpg elements that make it gatchpon, but rather the fact that rare weapon and armor are. Since you don't know what you'll get and you can spend real money on it, it's gatchapon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So why are people constantly using this term for this game? I've never heard of this for any jrpg I've played...

This isn't a JRPG... it's just a term used for when you pay real money for a random result, e.g., certain armor, characters, etc. F2P mobile games make most of their money this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom