• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hycran

Banned
For people who can clear the hard gil daily, what is your party setup like?

My party is around level 32 average with an average 7 stars worth of equipment.

The trick is to actually micro the battle and not just auto attack. Most enemies have about 800-1200 hp, so figure out how to do the damage between the strongest members of your party.

On average, each enemy takes two hits from guys doing about 500, so choose the enemies individually and match the people up where appropriate.

Also keep in mind that there are 6 enemies per round and 18 total. Don't be afraid to use your skills, especially as things like thundara will usually one hit kill.

Xetherion

What!
I farmed that all day and all I got was Mythril Armor/Helmet/Shield, didn't know you could get the mail.
Even the friday dungeon info don't show it.

I also farmed the friday dungeon all day, both this week and last week, and i've never seen a mythril mail drop. That site has a lot of incorrect info on monster vulnerabilities in the dailies, so i wouldn't be surprised if the mythril mail drop is incorrect as well.

oni_saru

Omg i did it yall!!! I almost thought i wouldn't make it but i finally beat that Shinra building dungeon!!! Protect spell really helped keeping my mages alive!!!

Rufus was a cakewalk compared to that stupid hundred gunner!!!

I feel like I'm the only one that thought the ranged bosses were easy and Rufus was a pain.

Of course, I had two mages. So that kind of makes sense.

Falk

that puzzling face
I also farmed the friday dungeon all day, both this week and last week, and i've never seen a mythril mail drop. That site has a lot of incorrect info on monster vulnerabilities in the dailies, so i wouldn't be surprised if the mythril mail drop is incorrect as well.

You know what this means guys

Someone whine at SE and we'll get free Mythril.

I feel like I'm the only one that thought the ranged bosses were easy and Rufus was a pain.

Of course, I had two mages. So that kind of makes sense.
No, I was the same. I had no problems with the ranged bosses, but Rufus made me use a damn Mythril on him. (Never again.)

Been spending all day grinding the hard Gil daily dungeon. I was almost broke.

Can someone re-confirm the farming method?

I've tried killing the application while fighting Siren multiple times with no effect, and I've fled from the battle to re-try multiple times only to consistently get a gem drop and not the black cowl. Is there some magic to the airplane mode stuff? or is it just a rare drop that I need to constantly try to get

Falk

that puzzling face
As long as you're restarting the red stage from 1/4 the loot should reroll. I mean you can kinda self-confirm that if the 3 waves of trash before Siren also drop different loot.

Red Mage

I've tried killing the application while fighting Siren multiple times with no effect, and I've fled from the battle to re-try multiple times only to consistently get a gem drop and not the black cowl. Is there some magic to the airplane mode stuff? or is it just a rare drop that I need to constantly try to get

It works. I used it last night.

BTW is it worth leveling Sephiroth up?

Roto13

I don't use him, but he has the highest attack stat in the game and he can use black magic which can come in handy.

The down side is that he can't use regular swords so you might not have a good weapon for him.

I'm using him right now and he is pretty OK. It's nice to have another black mage in the party though. I put poison and sleep on him and it seriously comes in handy to have Rydia keep her nukes while giving the utility spells to someone who can just auto attack. Also his limit break is better than MC's so there is almost no loss unless you're using MC as a healer.

Even though he can only use a limited amount of weapons, I've got him with a dancing dagger and his damage is decent.

Deadly

You'll know that it works even before reaching Siren. You'll likely have a different number of gear/gem/gil dropped every time.

reKon

Banned
holy fuck, I just got Tifa finally. In that boss battle I had two people left with no more ability use or health left... My characters range from 12-15. That was hard as shit.

I think the event expires in one hour too...

T5FcKGMl.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Dark Cecil was never able to use black magic in the original FFIV, only Darkness.

And I mean, by its very basic description a Paladin is "knight guy who can use some white magic" so why the heck not.

Ashodin

holy fuck, I just got Tifa finally. In that boss battle I had two people left with no more ability use or health left... My characters range from 12-15. That was hard as shit.

I think the event expires in one hour too...

T5FcKGMl.jpg

Cutting it close homeboy

Kouriozan

Decided to farm Black Cowl, wow it's such an upgrade for my caster (Rydia). It just cost so much stamina, rare drop is rare I guess.
The other 4 peeps already have somewhat good gear already. Only 2 more to find!

Also can't wait for the next "story" dungeons, I want FF IX!

Edit : oh yeah, I'm using the airplane mode trick.

Falk

that puzzling face
Taking a break from Gil farming and running Paladin Cecil solo through the FFIV event dungeon to get him some quick levels.

Bears repeating that the 5th station is best XP/stam by a good margin. Not sure if you can solo it with Paladin Cecil though.

Bears repeating that the 5th station is best XP/stam by a good margin. Not sure if you can solo it with Paladin Cecil though.
That's the one I've been doing. Already finished a run through.

Mine can currently autobattle the entire thing except for the boss, which I need to control for healing purposes.

CTLance

Yep, sorry, I relied on that site and a quick review of my inventory. Seems like I gacha'd the three star mail, judging by its place in the inventory when I sort it chronologically. Damn. So, only two-star drops in the hard armour daily. Mea culpa.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's the one I've been doing. Already finished a run through.

Mine can currently autobattle the entire thing except for the boss, which I need to control for healing purposes.

Do you Mastery it with Paladin Cecil? Damn that's one buff paladin.

Kouriozan

Yep, sorry, I relied on that site and a quick review of my inventory. Seems like I gacha'd the three star mail, judging by its place in the inventory when I sort it chronologically. Damn. So, only two-star drops in the hard armour daily. Mea culpa.
No problem, I also found that weird, at least I won't have to farm it that much next friday.

I spammed the Hard daily all day long and I encountered the Slagworm only once. He is elusive for me today! On that note, I just finished the second level and I got a whooping 2700 gil haha! I guess it covers for the rare times I was able to hit 20k in one level.

TheContact

I spammed the Hard daily all day long and I encountered the Slagworm only once. He is elusive for me today! On that note, I just finished the second level and I got a whooping 2700 gil haha! I guess it covers for the rare times I was able to hit 20k in one level.

I've done nothing but run hard mode too and saw him a few times. I have half a million gil now and I had like 30k this morning

Falk

that puzzling face
In almost every FF with dark Knights they've been able to cast black magic.

Record Keeper is pretty anal with details.

See: Dark Knight boss killing himself, FFVII Guard Scorpion's "Attack while it's tail is up!" being intact, etc.

What's weird is he can't equip drain strike either, even though his limit break is basically drain strike ..

maybe he's gotta be really angry first

So are we expecting the next event to launch tonight/tomorrow? I'm ready for some new blood.

They've been at least a week apart each on JP, but who knows since catching up for parity. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Tomorrow sounds like a stretch though.

Shahed

Just finished the Cecil event. I'm gonna try my hand at using him as a healer with some Mind gear. What's the best spot to level both Cecil's? I've got some good FFIV weapons so they'll one shot everything.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just finished the Cecil event. I'm gonna try my hand at using him as a healer with some Mind gear. What's the best spot to level both Cecil's? I've got some good FFIV weapons so they'll one shot everything.

Bears repeating that the 5th station is best XP/stam by a good margin.

You could stick in a 4-party with Kain/Rydia so no XP gets wasted to non-synergy till you're OK to remove Kain, then Rydia.

Shahed

You could stick in a 4-party with Kain/Rydia so no XP gets wasted to non-synergy till you're OK to remove Kain, then Rydia.

Thanks. Yeah I knew there was one area with 9 enwmies instead of 6 but couldn't remember which. Now we just need trash fights with more than 3 rounds!

My Rydia is 29 while Kain is 28. I think I'll get them to 30 and then leave there until the other two catch up. Dark is 20 while Paladin in 15 due to growth eggs. Besides they're all gonna be doing FFIV elite soon where they'll probably get a lot of EXP.

Unnecessary. DC at 15 and PC at 1 and they were able to take station 5 with zero deaths and both were above level 20 after less than a day in the area.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unnecessary. DC at 15 and PC at 1 and they were able to take station 5 with zero deaths and both were above level 20 after less than a day in the area.

Depends what your min-max is.

If it's to level DC/PC as fast as possible, yeah.
If it's to squeeze every point of XP possible out of each stamina, you need to be able to kill the boss in far fewer hits than DK Cecil can manage. 1/4 less XP (200 vs 150%) for the boss is trigger warning for my OCD. Unless you have some amazing IV weapons to put on the Cecils, then disregard.

Admittedly the former is far more useful than the latter, even with the actual xp/stam deficit, since you want the two to be of a reasonable level to tackle other stuff and Rydia/Kain presumably aren't hurting for levels at this point.

*vomits blood*

I swear the next set of paintings US gets better be FFVII for some easy stamina shards via Elites.

(Likely not though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom