• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard mode and retreat, if you can survive it. 10 Stamina is going to net you up to 30k XP for 3 stars. I think Normal gets you 7k? each round which would be 21k for 15 Stamina.

My party is mid-late 20's I doubt I could get 3 stars though is it still worth even if I can barely get by? I guess it would give a lot of exp to whoever survived

Edit: guess it is lol that wasn't as bad as I was expecting even with no resonance

Kouriozan

Woot, my first 5 stars item!
The boss grind is over until the next classic dungeons are released, I guess.

tJD0375l.jpg

Still no rare pulls, 61 mythrils so far, but I might bite once they release Terra, my favorite character, I'll need her best weapons, hopefully it's the laser sword.
Edit : just checked JP wiki, it's this weapon, oh well.

My party is mid-late 20's I doubt I could get 3 stars though is it still worth even if I can barely get by? I guess it would give a lot of exp to whoever survived

I'd say you're a bit low but will depend on abilities you have and armour/weapons. In the end you don't really want to waste 10 Stamina if you're going to get trounced but if you can make it, the reward is really nice. The bronze guys counter like 3 times in a row if you hit them with elemental spells and don't kill them with it. There's also an enemy that can instantly call death on a team member and casts slow to all members, which can destroy your plans of killing them quickly (which is what you want because they'll hit hard).

Where do you farm for the cowl again? or is ther ea list of places worth farming once youve done all the events etc

Ship Graveyard in V, Siren Boss.

Not that I've got it but I haven't been doing the Airplane mode trick.

I'd say you're a bit low but will depend on abilities you have and armour/weapons. In the end you don't really want to waste 10 Stamina if you're going to get trounced but if you can make it, the reward is really nice. The bronze guys counter like 3 times in a row if you hit them with elemental spells and don't kill them with it. There's also an enemy that can instantly call death on a team member and casts slow to all members, which can destroy your plans of killing them quickly (which is what you want because they'll hit hard).

I'm not even going to try and bring Rydia as she'd most likeky get one shot. Currently using team melee (cloud, sephy, tifa, d cecile, kain) to auto battle and skill my way through

Falk

that puzzling face
If your Rydia can hit for over 1100 I'd say chuck her in there. It's still RNG but considering you only have 3 rounds to slog through odds are still in your favor every time her turn comes up and you 1-shot something.

Level up today and try again tomorrow... No idea.

Already in the mid 30's to early 40's with everyone.. .Not sure how much levels will aid in this. But yeah, level grinding like mad cause why not?

And for everyone not getting much from their relic draws... I feel your pain. All 3 stars except for one 4 star priest hat. I did get a 3 star from a common daily draw, but it was a black cowl ~_~ of which I had already grinded out 3.

I kind of want to farm for the Black Cowl now because it will probably help for the FF IV event.

The FF4 event? Completely overkill. If you have beaten all the current story missions, then you can already beat the FF4 event. If you haven't beaten all of the story content, go back and do that first. After you beat the FF4 event, then farm cowls for the Elite dungeons.

Kitoro

What's the meta team looking like right now?

I'm currently using Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, White Mage, and Rydia, all around level 30 with 3* or greater gear with as much sync as possible, but I find myself at a loss as to why I'm even using White Mage at all.

Heal and Protect are great, but it takes far too long for her to heal everyone in need one by one, let alone have any time to cast protect one by one amidst the chaos. I know eventually I will get abilities that will target everyone, making a main healer more viable, but right now I feel like I'm wasting a space.

And Rydia, as useful as she is to destroy many bosses with Thundara, is way too squishy, and keeping her alive to even get to the boss feels like such a chore.

I'm not sure if I should just switch out White Mage and Rydia for both Cecils and just call it a day for now.

What's everyone else doing with their teams to be viable with what's available right now?

Thanks!

...... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I give up. How the hell do you beat him? I have everything stacked in my favor! I don't know what more I can do...

How far are you getting? Maybe you just need more levels so you can destroy the first arm and his body faster.

Are your armors all ++?

How far are you getting? Maybe you just need more levels so you can destroy the first arm and his body faster.

Are your armors all ++?

All armors are maxed, skipping the arms as they are a waste of damage spells/abilities. Damage abilities run out, Rydia sits mostly idle waiting for reflect to die down (made it to the third cast of Blizzara).

I'm not sure if I should just switch out White Mage and Rydia for both Cecils and just call it a day for now.

What's everyone else doing with their teams to be viable with what's available right now?

Thanks!

Giving up Rydia is like giving up on Elites at this point and time. If she's taking that much damage, you're either not back rowing her, not synergizing her gear, or are under leveling her.

As for White Mage... I'm giving Pally Cecil a chance as main healer... I have 6 Cura and they are hitting for 650~ish each... which doesn't quite feel enough a lot of times, but then there are other times where it's fine. Pally Cecil's protect ability on everyone helps, as does having Drain Sword on Cloud (main damage dealer) and Dark Cecil's special being a drain sword ability as well.

Still not quite sure if it's valid enough to remove White Mage, but it's working well enough right now.

It's probably smarter to wait for the next batch of non-event content to attempt some of the Elite Dungeons, more characters, more skills, etc.

All armors are maxed, skipping the arms as they are a waste of damage spells/abilities. Damage abilities run out, Rydia sits mostly idle waiting for reflect to die down (made it to the third cast of Blizzara).

Isn't it the arms that are casting reflect in the first place? How do you plan to survive the self destruct? I feel like killing the arms is pretty important.

Isn't it the arms that are casting reflect in the first place? How do you plan to survive the self destruct? I feel like killing the arms is pretty important.

The body casts it on itself when you cast a spell on it as a counter. As long as you have more than 2 people alive then you'll survive the explosion.

I just got super lucky and was able to clear with mastery the hard exp daily because 6 of my 9 battles were against the solo wyvern thing that my party can 2 shot

It's free mythril week, I think I can spare one :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/30u9v1/elite_boss_strategy_thread/cpw0pm8

Have you seen this?

Personally I refuse to spend mythril on clearing a boss. The only reward you get is... Another mythril. What's the point? You get a stamina shard i guess, but if you clear every elite dungeon you end up with 49 3/5 stamina, so that didn't even help you get to the 5th shard.

Spending mythril on pulls might be crap 75% of the time, but the rest of the time it makes a world of difference. Even getting a 4* you already have lets you combine and get 5 more levels.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/30u9v1/elite_boss_strategy_thread/cpw0pm8

Have you seen this?

Personally I refuse to spend mythril on clearing a boss. The only reward you get is... Another mythril. What's the point? You get a stamina shard i guess, but if you clear every elite dungeon you end up with 49 3/5 stamina, so that didn't even help you get to the 5th shard.

Spending mythril on pulls might be crap 75% of the time, but the rest of the time it makes a world of difference. Even getting a 4* you already have lets you combine and get 5 more levels.

Or I could play the game casually as I have up to this point, not care about guides except for maybe where to farm gear/mats, and just enjoy the game while playfully 'whining' about how tough a certain boss is :)

I'm honestly not worried about being as efficient as possible, I'm more worried about having the most fun possible... and I'm not convinced that blowing my mythril even on great gear will actually make the game more fun... At best it makes it slightly less grindy... but if I can clear through all of the content super fast, then I don't have a reason to play it either.

Roto13

I once spent mythril on a daily because I thought the dailies were different every week and I'd get Mythril from them every day. What a waste.

Jinko

Really cool game, only just started playing but seems kind of addictive.
What with this and monster squad my mobile gaming itch has been scratched.

Or I could play the game casually as I have up to this point, not care about guides except for maybe where to farm gear/mats, and just enjoy the game while playfully 'whining' about how tough a certain boss is :)

I'm honestly not worried about being as efficient as possible, I'm more worried about having the most fun possible... and I'm not convinced that blowing my mythril even on great gear will actually make the game more fun... At best it makes it slightly less grindy... but if I can clear through all of the content super fast, then I don't have a reason to play it either.

Fair enough, but Either way that link has a pretty good strategy, and it also estimates the boss's hp so you can see how close you're getting.

My A team are all lvl 40+ With Cloud at Lvl 48. I use Tidus, Tifa, Sephiroth and Rydia. Which is a little VII heavy but they all pack a punch.

The other characters I don't use really anymore are levels 20-30. Kain and Wakka both at the higher end so not massively underpowered with Cecils x2 and Blk n Wht Mages all low 20s.

NomadX

Neo Member
So yeah I still regret wasting money on gambling but I still enjoy the game. Odd huh? I really wanted Masamune and saw the luck people were having with their pulls, and just went for it. I know now I'll never get a 5 star having such terrible luck with RNG, so I won't be making the same mistake on this or any other freemium game, but this one I actually liked.

Vorpal

After using Dark Cecil for a while (he just hit 30), I'm thinking I'll bench him unless I'm auto-battling and he can take Rydia's place. I like Blood Weapon, and I like the idea of building up a beefy melee who can take some hits, but Tidus just seems more viable in terms of abilities.

So now Dark Cecil and Tifa join the B Team of good melee/cool characters. Tifa is still working with a maxed Leather Glove. Are there better fist weapons worth farming at the moment?

After using Dark Cecil for a while (he just hit 30), I'm thinking I'll bench him unless I'm auto-battling and he can take Rydia's place. I like Blood Weapon, and I like the idea of building up a beefy melee who can take some hits, but Tidus just seems more viable in terms of abilities.

So now Dark Cecil and Tifa join the B Team of good melee/cool characters. Tifa is still working with a maxed Leather Glove. Are there better fist weapons worth farming at the moment?

Charge/double hit on Dark Cecil hits soooo good though.

Vorpal

Charge/double hit on Dark Cecil hits soooo good though.

It's true! He just feels redundant next to Cloud and Sephiroth. I like having a spread of abilities and Tidus helps with that more than Cecil.

That being said, it feels pretty damn good to throw Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Kain, and Dark Cecil together and watch them go full wrecking crew. Can't wait until we eventually get the Party Loadout feature

Falk

that puzzling face
I just got super lucky and was able to clear with mastery the hard exp daily because 6 of my 9 battles were against the solo wyvern thing that my party can 2 shot

Probably should have rolled 20 mythril and gotten masamune/buster/cecil shield/grand glove

no one cares about dark cecil

no one cares about dark cecil

Of the two, Pally is the far more disposable IMO. Still debating his overall role in my team... It's nice to have a tanky healer, but his heals are so lack luster... I think I'm keeping him in just in the hopes he gets better with some more levels (he just hit level 30).

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly I'd only use him if he had his shield. Feels like you'd be able to cheese a lot of single target bosses with it. Then again all the other soulbreak 5*s are balance breakers.

[Fugo]

did 6 pulls with mythril 'cause I just wouldn't bother to wait for having 50 and two 5* - Genji Shield and Genji Armor, plus two 4* - Black Robe (IV) and White Robe (IV). I guess I was quite lucky :D

Falk

that puzzling face
ATBs reroll at the start of every round.

(This makes stuff like Lightning's special ability kinda OP for stars/mastery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom