• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fauve

Oh neat, I can make Comet now... wonder if it's worth it? Non-elemental damage doesn't seem anything great on it's own, but it is a tier 3 spell...

I remember reading a comment on reddit about how Rydia isn't able to use comet, so the guy wasted his orbs. Just telling if you use Rydia as your caster.

garath

Whoops. I completely missed the xp dungeon yesterday. Got a new 3dsxl and Bravely Default monopolized my time :(

Oh well. I'm still doing ok with most of the party in the high 30s, low 40s. Not really planning on conquering all the elite content this week.

SunGod

Has anyone with no 5 star Mastered the last FF IV stage?

I've mastered everything bar elite Imperial Camp in the game and don't own any 5* gear, and only a handful of 4* (savescumming where needed, obviously)

I'm guessing you mean Baigan/Cagnazzo in the elite dungeon. I just went all out attack on Baigan's body and let two characters die from the arms self destructing, then used a mythril to restore my party before taking on Cagnazzo.

pikablu

I'm so happy that I got sephiroth. Literally got him with hours to spare. If that cecil event never happened, I would have never been able to level up Rydia and Tifa correctly.

Yeah, today's hard daily is brutal.

Hard dailies only turn out 3 ways.

Stage 1: You'll never win
Stage 2: You can barely win if you use all of your abilities
Stage 3: Set to auto while you watch TV.

Currently this daily is on Stage 3 for me. A huge improvement over last week where I was on Stage 1.

So if you're having problems with this daily, keep at it... you'll hit a couple more levels then it'll ez mode itself.

Currently this daily is on Stage 3 for me. A huge improvement over last week where I was on Stage 1.

So if you're having problems with this daily, keep at it... you'll hit a couple more levels then it'll ez mode itself.
My team is about Level 38, there's not much more to go, eh?

I have not one FF X item.

TheExodu5

Banned
Lesser Power Orbs also drop reasonably frequently from the first stage of South Figaro Cave.

p.s. didn't realize till a couple of days ago that which stage in a painting matters - for example, Bandits in Imperial Camp VI drop:

- Lesser Earth Orb at Entrance
- Lesser Black Orb at Northeast
- Lesser Wind Orb at North

hence for Wind you'd want to blow 10stam to get past the first two then repeatedly run the third. (Obviously this doesn't apply today as it's Wind/Ice/Holy/N-E daily)

You can repeatedly run the third?

garath

I'm at 2.5 with today's hard. I have to pay attention but I have little problems getting champion on at least 1 of the 3 stages but the enemies hit super hard and I can lose a character if I'm not actively watching.

Colby

I remember reading a comment on reddit about how Rydia isn't able to use comet, so the guy wasted his orbs. Just telling if you use Rydia as your caster.
This actually isn't true. My Rydia has been running Comet for awhile, and it's awesome. I believe that is the highest level of BM she can use, though (i.e., Quake isn't an option for her).

Meier

Hard mode of today's daily is pretty tough -- these guys hit like a ton of bricks. Made it to round 3 of the final battle but that was it. Finally got the orb I needed to learn Curaga though so that will help.

Xetherion

Nah, today's hard daily for me is: I can't auto battle, but I win fairly easily while micro managing my abilities and attacks. Only Expert rating though, unless I go all out with abilities. Don't have my abilities honed enough to do that for all 3 levels though.

LakeEarth

I downloaded the game a few days ago. I'm not too far into it so far; I've just unlocked Final Fantasy V. I don't suppose anything happens to change up things, does it? Right now, it's so repetitive that I'm starting to get bored with it. Every level is the same thing over and over again. I'll be glad when I can start making abilities. So far, all I'm doing is spamming Attack over and over.

I also just started and I agree, but I think we'll have to start thinking as the game progresses. As of right now though, the game is just a Final Fantasy music delivery service.

lyrick

lkMq4Sv.png

You're going down Elite Baigan!

Roto13

I got the notification as I was in the middle of the FFV Wind Shrone, reattempting it because I didn't master it the last time I tried it.

Guess I'm mastering it this time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Grinded the hard dungeon all day yesterday, got my main party up to level 37 (Sephiroth, Cloud, Tifa, Tyro, Rydia). I also got my "B" team (Wakka, Tidus, Cecil, Cecil2, Black Mage) up to about 25 each.

This morning I got my daily mythril bonus which was enough to do a relic draw. Got a 3* relic, meh. Then I did my free relic draw of the day, and go the same 3* relic. What are the odds like a million to one? Anyway, free 4* relic+.

They weren't kidding when they said elites were easier. My lower leveled b team had less troubled today with the "harder" ffx elite dungeons then my a team that beat Shinra + sephy did on the easier ff7 elite yesterday

Negator

For reference, this is the team that could NOT beat Baigan when I last tried:

CrMvPG5l.png

I will post results when stamina is acquired.

Shahadan

Yeah some bosses health were bullshit. I was wondering how you could meet the requirements for some bosses like "kill it before it uses X"

For reference, this is the team that could NOT beat Baigan when I last tried:

CrMvPG5l.png

I will post results when stamina is acquired.

I'll wait it out til I see how it goes for you. Not going to burn all of my stamina if all they did was fix the FFX elites (which were seriously broken)

I'm honestly a little bummed that they reduced the difficulty. Admittedly I hadn't yet tried Baigan elite, but I was hoping for something really difficult. Hopefully they've only tuned a few select dungeons that were out of balance and not all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom