• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm honestly a little bummed that they reduced the difficulty. Admittedly I hadn't yet tried Baigan elite, but I was hoping for something really difficult. Hopefully they've only tuned a few select dungeons that were out of balance and not all of them.
Didn't they just tune them back to normal though? From what people were saying it sounded like they had just doubled the HP of the Elite bosses from the Japanese version, which unbalanced things.

Falk

that puzzling face
I... kinda feel cheated. Sorta like when Diablo 3 Inferno got nerfed maybe a few days before we could beat Diablo on Inferno legit.

SO CLOSE. :(

edit: @above, anecdotally they also seem to be hitting for less, etc. It might have just been improper level scaling, and the most obvious cue was the higher HP.

I... kinda feel cheated. Sorta like when Diablo 3 Inferno got nerfed maybe a few days before we could beat Diablo on Inferno legit.

SO CLOSE. :(

edit: @above, anecdotally they also seem to be hitting for less, etc. It might have just been improper level scaling, and the most obvious cue was the higher HP.

If this is the case, I imagine I'll probably breeze through the rest of the elites now... I did somehow manage to get a mastery on the ant lion even after all that initial struggle.

Much easier now, managed to do up to second FFV Elite dungeon mastered.

Didn't master Baigan though, still tough. First level of FFV was beat but not mastered, will go back and master on next lot of stam.

Sora2k7

If this is the case, I imagine I'll probably breeze through the rest of the elites now... I did somehow manage to get a mastery on the ant lion even after all that initial struggle.

It took me over 10 save loads to beat antlion but luckily it was a mastry thanks to blind working before riydia gets one shot killed. New players will never feel the pain

Not completely sure about bosses... but it seems mobs were nerfed damage wise. Final picture of FF4 elite and the mobs who were hitting me for 300-500 easy are now doing sub 200 with the same FF4 synergized gear.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm definitely beginning to think it was an intentional 'let's bump everything up like 15 levels' cockblock so people didn't run out of content when the game launched.

Roto13

Wind Shrine elite boss wasn't any easier. Maybe the nerf wasn't in effect for me because I was in the middle of the dungeon when it updated.

thedan001

wow, talk about easy

attempted elite baigan (self destruct arms) for the first time after balance change patch
arms only have 11k hp and baigan's body about 20k

mastered this and cagnazzo, not hard at all with some preparation

Roto13

Wind shrine boss wing raptor was fairly easy anyways.

Easy to beat, not so easy to master. Lots of HP (hard on your actions award) and the two optional objectives are to beat him before he closes his wings (basically impossible if you're not lucky with a paralyzing skill) and not trigger a counter attack (which means holding back after a couple of attacks while he beats on you and lowers your damage award).

Falk

that puzzling face
If we follow the JP timeline for Painting/chapter releases, FF6 gets a boatload next (TRAIN SUPLEX) along with starters for FF1/FF2.

The elites on FF6 are pretty tough.

edit: Not the new ones, apparently.

lol

I need 2 Non Elemental Orbs...you think one will drop today?

Not a chance in hell.

At least I got a bunch of Holy orbs to make some Curagas.

I've had a couple or so of those drop today. Keep at it.

Should have enough to hone 2 double cuts come Wednesday when I get a load of lesser power orbs.

Zee-Row

Banned
I have 30 Mythril , should i just horde them? I'm afraid of using them for rare relic and getting only 3 star stuff. It happened to me last time I spent real money but they make it seem like this is the only way you will get decent weapons and armor.

If we follow the JP timeline for Painting/chapter releases, FF6 gets a boatload next (TRAIN SUPLEX) along with starters for FF1/FF2.

Who are the characters released during that? Spoiler tag it incase people want to be surprised. I really want at least one FF6 person on my team since that is my game.

can't wait for this thread to be people complaining they've run out of content a few days from now since the nerf hahaah

I'm guessing they're going to follow this up with the next wave of content. If you look at this progression chart comparing FFRK JP and Global, there's a ridiculous amount of content we don't have yet, and even in JP the game has only been out what like 4 months? So I think (hope) we're going to get a flood of new and difficult events incoming.

xO4snWy.png

That said, your point is probably true, I suspect we'll get some complaints. I didn't really see what the big deal was personally, the reward for clearing it is like 2 stamina shards and a mythril. Big whoop. Even at its pre-nerf difficulty it was doable with the proper setup, and would have been easier after Aerith and a few more events.

Edit: Source from reddit

I have 30 Mythril , should i just horde them? I'm afraid of using them for rare relic and getting only 3 star stuff. It happened to me last time I spent real money but they make it seem like this is the only way you will get decent weapons and armor.

This is going to happen anyway

Falk

that puzzling face
Who are the characters released during that? Spoiler tag it incase people want to be surprised. I really want at least one FF6 person on my team since that is my game.

I can't remember. I'm basically recalling by checking the painting levels in the JP app, which I do recall were pretty much in ascending order for the History (Classic) versions.

edit:

holy shit lol

With Baigan easily downed... I was still kind of hoping that Cagnaizzo would put up some sort of fight. Nope, one and done. FF7, 10, and 4 elites are all completed. Now on to FFV I guess.

Holy shit that a lot of content.

Cloud is 1 level away from being maxxed out, so I'll swap him out of my A team and build another guy up in replace.

Need to try some more Elites now if they've made them a bit more bearable.

XJF

I'm guessing they're going to follow this up with the next wave of content. If you look at this progression chart comparing FFRK JP and Global, there's a ridiculous amount of content we don't have yet, and even in JP the game has only been out what like 4 months? So I think (hope) we're going to get a flood of new and difficult events incoming.

FF I, II, and III getting no love for events lol

Where'd we land on the "better to hone Double Cut or create another" discussion?

Falk

that puzzling face

Where'd we land on the "better to hone Double Cut or create another" discussion?

Unless you're running short of ability slots, being able to choose between 4 on someone or 2 on 2 people for more burst means making a second is probably better for the short term, and costs less. (Lesser Power Orbs are in short supply)

Yea I think honing it will be better in the long run, albeit more expensive. Freeing up that extra slot for an extra ability (Drain/Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Water/etc Strike) for example makes your character more versatile.

In the long long run, you may even want 2 fully honed, so that multiple people in your party can each have one.

Anyone did Magissa & Forza since the update? I see no difference at all but I did not restart the app after the announcement. However, I was not in the dungeon when the update came up, I entered right after I saw it.

R0ckman

Why are there so many issues with the national release? Starting to wonder if the hearsay going around of the lower rates for relics is another error.

ZeroAKA

It would be funny if they threw in some more mythril because of the balancing tweak (and on top of the current mythril event).

Why are there so many issues with the national release? Starting to wonder if the hearsay going around of the lower rates for relics is another error.

I'm not convinced it was actually an error to begin with. We're not on exactly the same schedule with regards to events, characters, and story content, and it's possible that for whatever reason they wanted to make sure that people didn't clear the content too quickly. Granted this is all speculation, so who knows.

Ludist210

Just finished VII's elite dungeons. Mastered both of them too...with a level 9 Cecil (Paladin) in the party, no less. (Tifa, Tidus, Kain, and Rydia were all around level 28.) What a joke.

X is next, I suppose.

Zee-Row

Banned
This is going to happen anyway

Should I just keep hording though? I also feel like i never have enough gil to upgrade anything. Grinding for gil in the gil events seem so slow. Playing those dungeons on Normal with level 30 characters I still get destroyed.

garath

Should I just keep hording though? I also feel like i never have enough gil to upgrade anything. Grinding for gil in the gil events seem so slow. Playing those dungeons on Normal with level 30 characters I still get destroyed.

You'll have no gil problems as long as you farm the gil event dungeon.

Roto13

Well, if you're not going to spend them on relic pulls, the only other options are inventory slots, stamina, and healing. Just keeping them in your inventory forever won't accomplish anything.

Ludist210

Yeah thats what i meant. They give you so little on easy and then when you play Normal I seem to get one shoted by a lot of the regular enemys at level 30.
You've got to upgrade some of your equipment or use core characters (since they get power boosts in that event). I don't have a single character at level 30 yet and I can mow through that event on normal without hardly a scratch.

Yeah thats what i meant. They give you so little on easy and then when you play Normal I seem to get one shoted by a lot of the regular enemys at level 30.

Maybe you should take a screenshot of your party? I can't imagine getting one shotted on Normal with a full group of level 30s. A full group of level 30s can take on Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom