• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunGod

In my opinion you might as well save your mythril if you don't absolutely have to use it, you never know what kind of promotions they'll run for gear pulls, and when your stamina bar is huge and takes hours and hours to refill you might want to use mythril to refill it to keep on playing.

Yeah thats what i meant. They give you so little on easy and then when you play Normal I seem to get one shoted by a lot of the regular enemys at level 30.

I can't fathom someone losing to the normal gil dungeon with level 30 guys, short of AFKing without even hitting autoattack. Is your entire party naked? I autoattack through it with level 20s.

Kouriozan

I also hope we get the features update soon.
I need the speed option and the boss info with what you need to do to get champion like elemental weakness/inflict blind/etc.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Where's a good spot to farm for lesser fire orbs? I can get the others pretty easily, but have yet to get a lot of fire ones.

Kouriozan

I'll need to farm Mythril Blade tomorrow in the daily, I have somewhat good armors but my firepower is lacking.
Or Paladin Cecil is just supposed to have average attack and heal, when we get Aeris, I'm switching ASAP.

I'll need to farm Mythril Blade tomorrow in the daily, I have somewhat good armors but my firepower is lacking.
Or Paladin Cecil is just supposed to have average attack and heal, when we get Aeris, I'm switching ASAP.

Pally Cecil is supposed to be super average... just like he was in FF4. As much as I loved his character, he was my least favorite in combat.

Falk

that puzzling face
I know people are saying this was supposed to bring it back in line with that Japanese release... but any one else feeling like we just got FFIV: Easy Typed again?

Those paintings are literally the third batch in the game, after FFVII's prologue and FFX's prologue.

There are some absurd bosses later on.

Got enough stamina to do the wind temple.... Boss was a tad annoying, but beat and mastered. On to the next FFV elite.

Not sure how anyone has any character maxed out though... I feel like I use my stamina almost as quickly as it appears and cloud is still only level 41 and everyone else in the main party in the mid 30's.

Got enough stamina to do the wind temple.... Boss was a tad annoying, but beat and mastered. On to the next FFV elite.

Not sure how anyone has any character maxed out though... I feel like I use my stamina almost as quickly as it appears and cloud is still only level 41 and everyone else in the main party in the mid 30's.

Couple of things I can think of.

1) Using every Growth Egg you ever get on the same character
2) 1 or 2 manning the hard EXP dungeon (maybe possible with the right 5* gear to carry you through) so that the EXP isn't evenly distributed.
3) Stamina refills on EXP day.

etc

Deadly

My main party is about 43 to 47. It probably depends on when you started playing or if you've used any money (I sure haven't)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My main party is about 43 to 47. It probably depends on when you started playing or if you've used any money (I sure haven't)

I think it's also going to depend a lot on what you're doing with the mythril the game gives you. These people who are hoarding it like treasure aren't doing themselves any favors when it comes to how long things are going to take.

For example, I've done relic pulls with all of my (free) mythril, and as a result have quite a bit of 4* and some 5* equipment that helps my guys stay alive fighting in the elite dungeons and hard dailies. Without that equipment my guys would be struggling pretty bad in those areas which means my stamina wouldn't yield as much EXP, especially during the EXP daily dungeon.

For example, I've done relic pulls with all of my (free) mythril, and as a result have quite a bit of 4* and some 5* equipment that helps my guys stay alive fighting in the elite dungeons and hard dailies.
Lucky.
I started the first day of soft launch, so I used up a little over 65 mythril total I'm guessing.

Nothing over 3*.

Falk

that puzzling face
To put it in perspective, at 45 stamina, 5 mythril is equivalent to 11 hours 15 minutes worth of recharge for a 25% (?) shot at a 4* or 5* piece of gear.

edit: Okay, so you're never going to use Mythril when at exactly 0 stamina so there's some loss. It's still way over 11 hours though.

I think the further we get, and especially if drops start getting better, mythril for gacha is going to become even less and less enticing than just refilling the stamina meter to farm stuff that you can at least be certain drops from a particular boss/stage/whatever.

To put it in perspective, at 45 stamina, 5 mythril is equivalent to 11 hours 15 minutes worth of recharge for a 25% (?) shot at a 4* or 5* piece of gear.

edit: Okay, so you're never going to use Mythril when at exactly 0 stamina so there's some loss. It's still way over 11 hours though.

I think the further we get, and especially if drops start getting better, mythril for gacha is going to become even less and less enticing than just refilling the stamina meter to farm stuff that you can at least be certain drops from a particular boss/stage/whatever.

I'm not so sure. There's going to be a brick wall sooner or later that will just be unbeatable without very strong gear (5* native, fully upgraded, with RS). If you played Puzzle and Dragons, think of the Zeus / Hera events.

Of course, you can just say "that's fine, I'll just have to settle for not having those", but I guarantee you this will happen, and the only people who will be able to clear it are the ones that either got very lucky with their gacha pulls, or shelled out enough $ to gear up

Edit: oh, and magically when people post about beating it, they'll claim to have done it without ever spending a dime. You'll know though.

TheContact

With Baigan easily downed... I was still kind of hoping that Cagnaizzo would put up some sort of fight. Nope, one and done. FF7, 10, and 4 elites are all completed. Now on to FFV I guess.

Yea I'm at this point too. Did the last two FFIV dungeons post nerf. Not sure how I would have done pre nerf since I never tried.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not so sure. There's going to be a brick wall sooner or later that will just be unbeatable without very strong gear (5* native, fully upgraded, with RS). If you played Puzzle and Dragons, think of the Zeus / Hera events.

Of course, you can just say "that's fine, I'll just have to settle for not having those", but I guarantee you this will happen, and the only people who will be able to clear it are the ones that either got very lucky with their gacha pulls, or shelled out enough $ to gear up

No, what I'm saying is I fully expect the returns on gacha to get better than what they are right now on NA.

It's also a soft-boost/catch-up mechanic for new players as the trail of content gets longer and longer.

Deadly

I think mythril should always be used for gacha actually. BUT you use it when there is still content left to complete. IMO, you should never use mythril to refill stamina because that's just a game of patience. Equipment slots could be enticing from mythril though as there is more content and gear in play further along.

elty

I think calling 3* upgraded relic as 5* is hugely misleading as the stat is nowhere near as good as native 5* - I think upgraded item should be just called 1*++ 2*++ etc.

No, what I'm saying is I fully expect the returns on gacha to get better than what they are right now on NA.

It's also a soft-boost/catch-up mechanic for new players as the trail of content gets longer and longer.

Ahh, yea i also think (hope) they will bump the rates

Falk

that puzzling face
New paintings rolled out every month in Japan. If they're holding true to the (eventual) parity clause, we're either going to get them more frequently, or they're gonna be in bigger clumps. (Although that might break pacing because there are some very deliberate 'last paintings' in some of the sets in terms of difficulty)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That boss nerf bat was real... Very real.

I know people are saying this was supposed to bring it back in line with that Japanese release... but any one else feeling like we just got FFIV: Easy Typed again?
Was Baigan nerfed? I got destroyed by him when I attempted before the announcement.

Falk

that puzzling face
The bosses have roughly 1/2 the hp and do maybe 2/3-3/4 the damage they did yesterday.

Baigan is hit extra hard since not only does he become less of an endurance test, it's easier to blow him up after blowing up his remaining arm, and still have charges leftover to zerg down Cagnazzo after that.

(having to do 50% less damage is massive)

Negator

Anyone did Magissa & Forza since the update? I see no difference at all but I did not restart the app after the announcement. However, I was not in the dungeon when the update came up, I entered right after I saw it.

Yeah, I tried taking them down and got destroyed. They probably overlooked it, so I guess if you still want a challenge, there it is.

Falk

that puzzling face
I tried him at around level 25-30 today and he still rocked the hell out of me. Mastered the previous elite dungeon pretty easily.

Baigan -is- still a progression check. Just not a ridiculously insurmountable one now.

As the HP values are ~10k/20k/10k, you need to be able to deal 40k worth of damage, with two bursts - one to zerg down one of the arms ASAP (they hurt) and another at the end to kill him before he regenerates arms. Essentially target one arm, kill it, target body, count all the damage done to it (pause if you have to), and stop at ~17k, blow up other arm, blow up body. You also need to be able to tank the damage that he outputs in the meantime.

Shiva is pretty amazing here. So is Blizzard Strike as it doesn't trigger Reflect.

Gear:
Offense - You should be swimming in Kunais (I had 3 of them maxed out 1*++ and they out-stat everything else I have in IV worlds aside from my gacha Mage Masher IV) as they drop from mobs in IV Elite.

Defense - Had a bunch of Mythril IVs from Armor Daily

Rydia - Should have a maxed out 4* rod (Elite mastery) and Black Cowl by now

I was in the same boat as KojiKnight - bashing head against him pre-nerf. Got as far as doing 30k damage to the body and then swapping to the other arm when I ran out of abilities - my plan was to farm another rank of Shiva and load up on even more Blizzard Strikes, then the nerf hit and he went down first try lol.

Roto13

ibfYiTgUPNM5IY.png

Bring Cecil to the fight with Kain for some bonus dialogue.

I tried him at around level 25-30 today and he still rocked the hell out of me. Mastered the previous elite dungeon pretty easily.
You're definitely under leveled... But he's a ton easier now. I was geared for his older hard mode when he was constantly hitting like a truck ahs had a ton of health... He's like a kitten in comparison now. Only people that died this tine as to the arms, and hell if I cared.. Just used some Google survey money to revive then super easy killed the next boss.

chrono01

Trying to farm the Battle Axe in the IV event but it won't drop. Supposedly it drops in Section 7, but I've never seen it. So much wasted Stamina. :/

Hmm...so if you were me, and were closing in on 50 mythril shards, would you wait?

Probably not, but then again I'm reckless with my in game currency :) We don't know if or when they'll bump the rates, and even if you only pull 3* items 11 of those will still likely help you a lot

I really wish there were more ways to sort the inventory.

My 3 biggests requests there would be:
- By Series
- Show Weapon / Armor Mats at the top
- Show most recently acquired at the top

rhino4evr

I've now mastered all the hard daily missions. I'm also getting close to level 40,by the time more paintings come out, I'll be able to burn right through them. this is without any 5 star weapons. I think they nerfed the elites a little too much.

Shahed

Considering how I had to fully control the last few Hard Daily's due to lack of synergy, the FFVI one seems so easy. Everyone has FFVI weapons and most have FFVI armour. Heck from the materials I've gotten from there I've upgraded the weapons I had on Cloud and Rydia and they are both over 200 Strength and Magic! Feels good and I'm still in my low 30's

I really wish there were more ways to sort the inventory.

My 3 biggests requests there would be:
- By Series
- Show Weapon / Armor Mats at the top
- Show most recently acquired at the top
I 100% agree with this. The amount of times I need to scroll down to upgrade or pick out every piece of gear from a specific world

Meier

Considering how I had to fully control the last few Hard Daily's due to lack of synergy, the FFVI one seems so easy. Everyone has FFVI weapons and most have FFVI armour. Heck from the materials I've gotten from there I've upgraded the weapons I had on Cloud and Rydia and they are both over 200 Strength and Magic! Feels good and I'm still in my low 30's

Huh, I have exactly 1 weapon (3* Main Gauche I got from a rare relic pull) and 1 piece of armor (4* Crystal Helm I got from a rare relic pull) -- I think the only way to get it thus far has been from rare relics as far as I can tell. Did you use a lot of mythril?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom