• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Huh, I have exactly 1 weapon (3* Main Gauche I got from a rare relic pull) and 1 piece of armor (4* Crystal Helm I got from a rare relic pull) -- I think the only way to get it thus far has been from rare relics as far as I can tell. Did you use a lot of mythril?

Yeah pretty much all of my Mythril pulls have been FFIV or FFVI gear. I pulled a 4* FFVI Gravity Rod for Rydia which at 15/15 and the extra synergy bonus gives her 224 Magic. I think you get one 3* FFVI Bastard Sword from either Mastery or first time completion somewhere and I ended up pulling another 2. So at 20/20 Cloud has 226 Attack. You get a 3* Mythril Mail from somewhere as a reward, I pulled one more and the other Armour piece is a 3* Red Beret. When farming exp 5th Station for the Cecils, Leather Armour's also drop and they're pretty good at 10/10++

Kouriozan

Oh, I actually got something nice for my free pull today.

dS2uHixl.jpg

Haard daily drops mythril knife (II). As far as i know that's the only ff2 weapon in the game right now, great place to farm if you want to prepare early for upcoming events.

My inventory is pretty much full of level capped equipment now, lol

I need the series sort real bad to figure out the equipment I actually need to keep

Falk

that puzzling face
Haard daily drops mythril knife (II). As far as i know that's the only ff2 weapon in the game right now, great place to farm if you want to prepare early for upcoming events.

I have a bunch of 1* knives, but yeah 2* outclasses 1* by a large margin when both are farmable (e.g. not gacha)

Also knives can be used by virtually everyone.

p.s. Tyro with Killer Bow (V) is actually half decent lol. Finally back in the roster for a bit.

At least, he hits harder than Paladin Cecil from the backrow while healing for slightly more. (Also Haste!)

Roto13

Ugh, whether I can Master today's Hard Daily is a matter of luck. Everything's going down in 2 or 3 hits, and they're all one-on-five fights, but if a behemoth shows up and uses meteor, that's it. I'll still win, but I'll only get Expert, and despite practically bulldozing everything, I only get just barely into Champion for a floor if I'm lucky, so the Expert is enough to bring me down to Silver.

Ugh, whether I can Master today's Hard Daily is a matter of luck. Everything's going down in 2 or 3 hits, and they're all one-on-five fights, but if a behemoth shows up and uses meteor, that's it. I'll still win, but I'll only get Expert, and despite practically bulldozing everything, I only get just barely into Champion for a floor if I'm lucky, so the Expert is enough to bring me down to Silver.

The mastery reward is only 3 adamantite... chances are you'll get that or more just going through the hard dungeon by itself... so it's not like you're missing anything at this point.

You only need to master it once right? After that you just need to complete it for the completion reward

The mastery reward is only 3 adamantite... chances are you'll get that or more just going through the hard dungeon by itself... so it's not like you're missing anything at this point.
Scarletite, but yea.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I mean, if you have Cloud and Rydia each with 2 level 2 skills capable of OHKOing enemies, then that's a total of 8 one-on-one fights you're prepared to win before the enemy gets a turn off. I don't think that's luck, I think that's preparation.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's still a toss-up whether you can get the casts off before Behemoth opens with meteor because he's an asshole, but hey that's what savescumming is for.

N O R E G E R T S

Vorpal

I know the Adamantite Daily on Hard has a chance to drop Mythril Armor/Helms/Shields. Any similar drops for the Scarletite Daily?

Also, if anyone wants 3-star Cypress Poles I can give you the hook up because god damn that's all the gacha gives me

I mean, if you have Cloud and Rydia each with 2 level 2 skills capable of OHKOing enemies, then that's a total of 8 one-on-one fights you're prepared to win before the enemy gets a turn off. I don't think that's luck, I think that's preparation.

Definitely, I know I had this weird aversion to using skills in dailies for quite a while... I think it was a hold over for 'saving spells for the boss', but the dailies lack bosses so you can't be afraid to go hog wild with them.

Scarletite, but yea.

Whoops, yeah. Just woke up.

Deadly

I know the Adamantite Daily on Hard has a chance to drop Mythril Armor/Helms/Shields. Any similar drops for the Scarletite Daily?

Also, if anyone wants 3-star Cypress Poles I can give you the hook up because god damn that's all the gacha gives me
You get a chance at a Partisan(spear) and some sword today, both 2*

Red Mage

Who else can use axes besides Kain, Fighter, and Tycho?

Catclaws are available from pulls. I have one. = 3

Roto13

Rydia's level 43 with two level two -ara spells and a leveled 4-star rod and she's not one-shotting anything with them except those mantis things I forget the name of. Several of my characters have Double Cut and they're all at least 35 too, and they don't one-shot anything either. There's no guarantee I'll get two attacks landed before behemoth uses meteor. It's not a matter of "just use strong skills" or whatever. The single enemies in this daily have too much HP to just one-shot.

Like, seriously, do you think I just used autobattle and then came in here to complain?

Rydia's level 43 with two level two -ara spells and a leveled 4-star rod and she's not one-shotting anything with them except those mantis things I forget the name of. Several of my characters have Double Cut and they're all at least 35 too, and they don't one-shot anything either. There's no guarantee I'll get two attacks landed before behemoth uses meteor. It's not a matter of "just use strong skills" or whatever. The single enemies in this daily have too much HP to just one-shot.

Like, seriously, do you think I just used autobattle and then came in here to complain?

Just curious, do you have equipment synergy? I have a levelled Gravity Rod and I can OHKO a Behemoth with Thundara, but it also has synergy with the dungeon. If you're using a Light Rod or some other kind of non FF6 rod I can see how you wouldn't be able to OHKO anything though. All my regular characters have FF6 weapons too, and I just used the Scarletite I got from the dungeon levelling up their weapons. So Cloud, Sephiroth, and Kain all do about 1200 damage / hit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Rydia's level 43 with two level two -ara spells and a leveled 4-star rod and she's not one-shotting anything with them except those mantis things I forget the name of.

My Rydia is level 37, with Light Rod, and she reliably one-shots everything in the current daily except the Behemoth when using a skill. I believe I had Thundara and Blizzara on her, but it might have been Thundara and Comet. Cloud is l38 (using a not particularly good weapon) and does the same with Double Cut or any of the Strike moves. I believe I had Blizzard Strike and Thunder Strike, but it could have been Drain Strike or Double Cut. I don't know if I have any record synergy gear. Everyone in my party survives Behemoth's meteor no problem. Sephiroth, Tidus, and Cecil just sort of add bonus damage if they manage to get off a turn before Rydia and Cloud.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't think this is a luck problem.

Roto13

My Rydia is level 37, with Light Rod, and she reliably one-shots everything in the current daily except the Behemoth when using a skill. I believe I had Thundara and Blizzara on her, but it might have been Thundara and Comet. Cloud is l38 (using a not particularly good weapon) and does the same with Double Cut or any of the Strike moves. I believe I had Blizzard Strike and Thunder Strike, but it could have been Drain Strike or Double Cut. I don't know if I have any record synergy gear. Everyone in my party survives Behemoth's meteor no problem. Sephiroth, Tidus, and Cecil just sort of add bonus damage if they manage to get off a turn before Rydia and Cloud.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't think this is a luck problem.

Then your Rydia does more damage than mine at a lower level with the same spells and weapon.

Like I said, I survive Meteor with no problem, but it still does enough damage to bring down my rank.

Rojo

Today's conquest! Making quick work of the nerfed elites with it.

fuck i thought i was lucky with just 1. Personally id not fuse them since the dagger is basically universal for all characters so its a good weapon for any situation. I know someone like sephy can really shine with it, and just normally maxed out can do more then basic gear fused and synergy boosted. Overall probably the best weapon in the game in my opinion.

evanmisha

I've pulled 6 Danjuro, almost all of my 5* pulls since soft launch. Couple of gem pulls, not gonna lie, but not enough to reasonably pull 6 Danjuro. Guess I'm lucky?

evanmisha

So how much money did you spend?

I think 60$? Maybe a little more? It's kind of embarrassing, honestly, but I feel the itch has been sufficiently scratched. Never fallen prey to microtransactions before, but I've really enjoyed Record Keeper so I let myself get away with it. Apparently it worked out in my favor

I paid for what ultimately amounted to about 2 11-pulls. I got two 5*s out of it, 3-4 4*s and a bunch of 3*s. Not really embarrassed myself, I've sunk a lot of hours into the game so it doesn't bother me one bit. I will probably spend more in the future, but only after the content becomes sufficiently difficult. As it stands now, and especially after the elite boss nerf, there is pretty much 0 advantage to be had from getting the 5*s.

Xetherion

Just curious, do you have equipment synergy? I have a levelled Gravity Rod and I can OHKO a Behemoth with Thundara, but it also has synergy with the dungeon. If you're using a Light Rod or some other kind of non FF6 rod I can see how you wouldn't be able to OHKO anything though. All my regular characters have FF6 weapons too, and I just used the Scarletite I got from the dungeon levelling up their weapons. So Cloud, Sephiroth, and Kain all do about 1200 damage / hit.

You guys that have all characters with FF6 weapons have gotten lucky with mythril pulls then. The only farmable FF6 weapons are Boomerang, Mythril Rod, and Mythril Claws. I have a Boomerang++ on Wakka and a 3* Falchion I got from a mythril pull on Cloud, and that's it. I do have everyone with FF6 armor though, farmed Leather Armor (VI) from Skeletons in Mt. Ordeals Station 2 room 1.

You guys that have all characters with FF6 weapons have gotten lucky with mythril pulls then. The only farmable FF6 weapons are Boomerang, Mythril Rod, and Mythril Claws. I have a Boomerang++ on Wakka and a 3* Falchion I got from a mythril pull on Cloud, and that's it. I do have everyone with FF6 armor though, farmed Leather Armor (VI) from Skeletons in Mt. Ordeals Station 2 room 1.

I wouldn't call it that lucky. When you've pulled what amounts to 35+ times (22 from the ones I paid for, plus at least 50 mythril I've earned), you're going to have some good diversity. Even if it's not 5*s, y ou'll get a bunch of duplicates of 3*s which you can use to upgrade, plus probably at least 5-7 native 4*s too. So it's not that unusual to have a good mix for each dungeon after that. FWIW, I'm using a Stoneblade (VI), Main Gauche (VI)+, Bastard Sword (VI), and Gravity Rod (VI). The only one of those that's native 4* is the Gravity Rod. The rest are just 3*s and it's plenty to one shot the guys in Hard daily. But like I said, that many pulls combined between free and paid, and you're bound to have some good RS gear for every situation.

Edit: And I thought you were responding to the post immediately above yours, but you weren't, so you probably missed the part where I said I paid for two 11-pulls.

Falk

that puzzling face
The ratio of FF6 gacha to the rest is higher than usual. Air Blade, Bastard Sword, etc. While it's still RNG, people have a better chance at being decently geared for VI vs V as it is. (anecdotal mileage will of course vary, etc)

fuck i thought i was lucky with just 1. Personally id not fuse them since the dagger is basically universal for all characters so its a good weapon for any situation. I know someone like sephy can really shine with it, and just normally maxed out can do more then basic gear fused and synergy boosted. Overall probably the best weapon in the game in my opinion.

Actually, depends. Due to the way record synergy works with gear (every 5 levels boosts synergy by 10 levels) a 5*++ is a shit ton better than a 5*+ is a shit ton better than a 5*. But the catch is, only for XII worlds.
HEH

Xetherion

I wouldn't call it that lucky. When you've pulled what amounts to 35+ times (22 from the ones I paid for, plus at least 50 mythril I've earned), you're going to have some good diversity. Even if it's not 5*s, y ou'll get a bunch of duplicates of 3*s which you can use to upgrade, plus probably at least 5-7 native 4*s too. So it's not that unusual to have a good mix for each dungeon after that. FWIW, I'm using a Stoneblade (VI), Main Gauche (VI)+, Bastard Sword (VI), and Gravity Rod (VI). The only one of those that's native 4* is the Gravity Rod. The rest are just 3*s and it's plenty to one shot the guys in Hard daily. But like I said, that many pulls combined between free and paid, and you're bound to have some good RS gear for every situation.

Edit: And I thought you were responding to the post immediately above yours, but you weren't, so you probably missed the part where I said I paid for two 11-pulls.

Yeah that's true, I was just trying to convey the point that for the majority of players it's not possible to equip everyone with VI weapons, because the only farmable ones are types that most characters can't use.

antitrop

I think 60$? Maybe a little more? It's kind of embarrassing, honestly, but I feel the itch has been sufficiently scratched. Never fallen prey to microtransactions before, but I've really enjoyed Record Keeper so I let myself get away with it. Apparently it worked out in my favor

Nothing wrong with that. I haven't spent money on Record Keeper, but I've definitely enjoyed it more than some AAA games I spent $60 on.

TheExodu5

Banned
Figured I'd do a run of the Normal daily to pick up a bunch of low tier upgrade materials to mass upgrade my 1* gear. A full run netted me ONE tiny scarletite, plus the small scarletite for completion bonus. What the hell?

Figured I'd do a run of the Normal daily to pick up a bunch of low tier upgrade materials to mass upgrade my 1* gear. A full run netted me ONE tiny scarletite, plus the small scarletite for completion bonus. What the hell?

The general consensus seems to be that the almost all of the normal dailies are worthless. Do normal once for the mastery / completion bonuses, and then never go back.

Red Mage

The ratio of FF6 gacha to the rest is higher than usual. Air Blade, Bastard Sword, etc. While it's still RNG, people have a better chance at being decently geared for VI vs V as it is. (anecdotal mileage will of course vary, etc)

I get FFV gear all the time. Shields, helms, axes... >_>

You know, I have to say, I'm kind of pleased that I've never been told how to purchase mythril. Terra Battle made sure you knew first thing.

I'm glad they made the elites easier. But because my characters are significantly stronger than they should be, the elites are cheese now. But before I had trouble clearing past the first couple elite dungeons and my party went through the shinra/ordeal events like easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom