• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think 60$? Maybe a little more? It's kind of embarrassing, honestly, but I feel the itch has been sufficiently scratched. Never fallen prey to microtransactions before, but I've really enjoyed Record Keeper so I let myself get away with it. Apparently it worked out in my favor

If it makes you feel any better, in other games like this, I have spent... uh... more than $60. Never regretted any of it! Sometimes you gotta scratch the itch.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you spend $60 on dinner and get satisfaction out of it (and a full stomach) there's no reason why you can't justify spending $60 on a mobile game and get satisfaction out of it.

It's all about perspective. Leisure is leisure.

(Minus the full stomach)

NomadX

Neo Member
Anyone know how to check character stats when you're in a dungeon? It's difficult to find out if a 3* Synergy Weapon is going to be better than a 4*++ or will it always be better. Also, terrible RNG strikes again. Farming for 3* summon orbs on the event to make Shiva and I keep getting 4* :/

Anyone know how to check character stats when you're in a dungeon? It's difficult to find out if a 3* Synergy Weapon is going to be better than a 4*++ or will it always be better. Also, terrible RNG strikes again. Farming for 3* summon orbs on the event to make Shiva and I keep getting 4* :/

When you're in a painting looking at the list of levels, click the Party button at the bottom. Then long-press one of your characters' portraits on the left side.

So I just started this game, are the difficulty levels sort of like the recommended levels your party should be at?
What level do you guys recommend to take on the hard dailies?

So I just started this game, are the difficulty levels sort of like the recommended levels your party should be at?
What level do you guys recommend to take on the hard dailies?

The difficulty levels are just ratings. Hard dailies you can probably take on the first level around the mid-late 20s with the right preparation

Xetherion

Somebody posted a fix for the UI performance for Android on reddit:

I found something that may be of some help. Mind you this is use at your own risk, I'm not taking any responsibility for anyone else's device(s)

Under Settings>Developer options, there is an option to Force GPU rendering, turn it on.

For me this seems to have made a decent improvement, on my Nexus 10, I don't know about extra battery drain at this point and as I have read there is some risk of App glitches, if so just turn it off.

otherwise hope this helps some people.

I turned it on and the difference is astounding, so much better. No glitches for me either.

Edit: also this:
For those of you who have devices that don't immediately give you access to Developer Options, here is how you unlock it! :)

Go into Settings on your Android, then find About Device. In this menu, scroll down to Build Number & continuously click on it. After about ten to fifteen clicks, you'll see a countdown appear on your phone, saying something along the lines of "Five touches to Developer Options Unlock". Just keep ... touching it. :)

Shahed

How much does it affect battery life? Besides my problems mainly seem to be network related when it hang. Nevermind the fact I actually have really good Internet and connectivity in general bar this one App

Shouta

Today's conquest! Making quick work of the nerfed elites with it.

Goddamn, that's gonna be good for you for a long time since most chars can use Daggers and that'll be stupid powerful during XII dungeons.

Also that Force GPU Rendering really helped even for the JP version, I think. o_O

Ashodin

I got another Rune Blade from the gachapon, now I gots a four star one. Cecil is loving it!

I AM THE PALADIN PATRON

You know what I would love in this game?

33723-Final_Fantasy_-_Mystic_Quest_(USA)-3.jpg

Hycran

Banned
I'm not going to risk anything with my phone, but I noticed that sometimes my game would speed up and become much smoother in battle and that's what I'm assuming the result is.

The dungeon today has finally helped me to upgrade the 4 star dungeon rods that rydia and WM are using, the boost to healing and magic damage are excellent. Sitting on 10 mythril right now, will wait for hopefullythe aeris event and hopefully pick up either her weapon or sephiroths

I think I've exhausted what I can from this until the next content update, I haven't even bothered with Elite Dungeons, cause why?

Even then, I'm not sure how much longer I'll care, it seems odd how fast your character get to upper thirties with level fifty as the cap.

Ashodin

I think I've exhausted what I can from this until the next content update, I haven't even bothered with Elite Dungeons, cause why?

Even then, I'm not sure how much longer I'll care, it seems odd how fast your character get to upper thirties with level fifty as the cap.

I'll also agree that leveling seems kinda trivial atm.

I believe the level cap is increased with the next big content update, which is soon. And then it will be an individual quest (IIUC) to unlock each character's level. Kind of like a limit break quest in FFXI if you played that.

I think most people are continuing to play in preparation for the new content, which if the words coming out of Japan are any indication, is *very* challenging.

Roto13

Man, Elite Siren has a lot of HP. She one-shotted Dark Cecil, too. Managed to beat her, but just barely. Will have to go back when I'm stronger to have a chance at mastering it.

I believe the level cap is increased with the next big content update, which is soon. And then it will be an individual quest (IIUC) to unlock each character's level. Kind of like a limit break quest in FFXI if you played that.

I think most people are continuing to play in preparation for the new content, which if the words coming out of Japan are any indication, is *very* challenging.
I will definitely give the next update or two a try, to get a feel for how the game will evolve.

Right now I'm sort of feeling like it was a quick flash in the pan thing, but we'll see. I do like it, but I'm not grasping how it'll maintain yet.

On the plus side, it made me go back to Terra Battle, which is freaking incredible (and having only collected daily energy for months has me with a nice stock of characters).

I will definitely give the next update or two a try, to get a feel for how the game will evolve.

Right now I'm sort of feeling like it was a quick flash in the pan thing, but we'll see. I do like it, but I'm not grasping how it'll maintain yet.

On the plus side, it made me go back to Terra Battle, which is freaking incredible (and having only collected daily energy for months has me with a nice stock of characters).

It's funny, because I wasn't feeling Terra Battle at all. I actually beat the game, but like after you beat it, there's nothing else to do. I played for about 3 months and there was nothing. They would have an event like once a month and it would last for a weekend, and then nothing for another month. And even when they did have something, it was just another character. Never any new dungeons or new content. I think after 3 months of waiting for them to release the event for Bahamut's 3rd job I just got tired of waiting. With this game it seems like there's *always* at least one event running, sometimes multiple simultaneously. See this post, for example, which details where we are in relation to JP as well as the original games that FFRK is based off of. I think that gives you a good sense of where the game is going.

It's certainly possible that Terra Battle has stepped up its game and jumped on board with the new content updates, but at least during the 2-3 months I played, the devs were totally silent except for the event announcement every 3-4 weeks. But they never revealed any kind of direction or endgame style extra hard dungeons like you see here (at least what we can see from the JP version anyway)

It's funny, because I wasn't feeling Terra Battle at all. I actually beat the game, but like after you beat it, there's nothing else to do. I played for about 3 months and there was nothing. They would have an event like once a month and it would last for a weekend, and then nothing for another month. And even when they did have something, it was just another character. Never any new dungeons or new content. I think after 3 months of waiting for them to release the event for Bahamut's 3rd job I just got tired of waiting. With this game it seems like there's *always* at least one event running, sometimes multiple simultaneously. See this post, for example, which details where we are in relation to JP as well as the original games that FFRK is based off of. I think that gives you a good sense of where the game is going.

It's certainly possible that Terra Battle has stepped up its game and jumped on board with the new content updates, but at least during the 2-3 months I played, the devs were totally silent except for the event announcement every 3-4 weeks. But they never revealed any kind of direction or endgame style extra hard dungeons like you see here (at least what we can see from the JP version anyway)
Terra Battle shipped with a pretty full campaign. Record Keeper launched with essentially about three Terra Battle chapters worth of content, more or less?

Maybe I'll feel different when I get to the end of Terra Battle (or when new Record Keeper content fills up). But right now I feel like I'll go back to Terra Battle more, even if it comes down to to meta-game/grind both games present (and the gacha aspect of Terra Battle feels better to me, as well).

You do have a point with them not releasing new content though. If I was to take a guess, I would imagine that properly implementing the co-op and versus modes is taking up the resources that simple new chapters would have used to get made. The co-op mode is REALLY good though, so I think I'm okay with that.

Just enabled Force GPU Rendering. Holy crap, that's a huge difference.

Hope there's no down side.

Wondering if this'll improve battery life as well. The performance increase in the game is absolutely massive on my year and a half old Droid DNA. Menus are actually navigatable and not based on luck.

(edit) Mmmmm that inventory screen scrolling. Sooooo goood. Hardware rendering must have been turned off by mistake for this game right? There is no way it's performing this well with no issues in hardware mode by accident.

Roto13

Wondering if this'll improve battery life as well. The performance increase in the game is absolutely massive on my year and a half old Droid DNA. Menus are actually navigatable and not based on luck.

It was playable on my Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 4, but not ideal. Choppy and laggy. I wouldn't have put up with it if I wasn't enjoying the game so much otherwise.

The difference now is so big I don't think I'd be able to go back to the old laggy menus. Wondering if this setting will cause any problems in any of my other apps.

It was playable on my Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 4, but not ideal. Choppy and laggy. I wouldn't have put up with it if I wasn't enjoying the game so much otherwise.

The difference now is so big I don't think I'd be able to go back to the old laggy menus. Wondering if this setting will cause any problems in any of my other apps.

It was the same for my phone, it was playable... but it was SO choppy that sometimes scrolling between worlds would end up with my going from FF4 to FFX with even the gentlest of swipes.

The option may cause issues in some programs, but a good portion should already be using hardware mode by default anyways (it's more efficient, smoother, etc which is exactly what we're seeing with this game).

Colby

I was so excited to force GPU rendering like you guys, but it turns out...it was already enabled. Guess I've gotta admit a Galaxy S3 can only do so much with modern apps. It's certainly playable, but menu navigation can be grating at times.

elty

I thought this game always have event overlapping, since the current one will end on 4/17 there will be a gap of no event if no new event today.

After the update, I stopped mindlessly grinding whatever Daily was going on and resumed Elite Dungeons. Since then, I did Baigan/Cagnazzo (IV), Karlabos (V) and Siren (V), and Ymir (VI), Guard Leader (VI) and the Magitek Armors (VI). Hit a noticeable wall on normal enemies with my current set up of my main team for Vargas (VI) so now waiting for stamina to get to Magissa & Forza (V). 4 Elites to go with a current 48 Stamina max.

Current main, with constantly rotated equipment/abilities:
Cloud 46
Kain 40
Tyro 42
WMage 35
Rydia 46

Also have 140 Inventory max, and chilling with 10 Mytrhil.

elty

Just did FFV Torna Canal (35) and Ship Graveyard (37).

Party line up
Cloud Tidus Sephy Rydia Paladin
All at lv 40 except Cecil at 30. Only 5* is Buster Sword, 2 weapons and 4 armor has synergy.

Torna Canal was pretty easy but some trash hits for 400+. Boss hit for like 600 so it is pretty easy.

Ship Graveyard was harder and trash can hit for 600+. Undead Siren hit hard at 1200+, finished the battle with 2 dead. Overall this is similar difficulty with the pre-nerf Wind Shrine.

(edit) Mmmmm that inventory screen scrolling. Sooooo goood. Hardware rendering must have been turned off by mistake for this game right? There is no way it's performing this well with no issues in hardware mode by accident.

If anything it will reduce battery life. You might think that since it's less sluggish the phone isn't working as hard, but unfortunately GPUs are big battery hogs, and the gpu is definitely consuming more power. If the difference isn't noticeable or you're ok with it, then go for it

Jomjom

Banned
What are some good things to farm? I'm not really sure what to do with my Stamina at this point. I have 2 fully upgraded black hood thingies.

If anything it will reduce battery life. You might think that since it's less sluggish the phone isn't working as hard, but unfortunately GPUs are big battery hogs, and the gpu is definitely consuming more power. If the difference isn't noticeable or you're ok with it, then go for it

This isn't necessarily true, just having the GPU being on doesn't necessarily mean that more power is being used, especially if the CPU is being hit with 100% utilization (which I imagine it was since my phone was heating up pretty hard) while the GPU can do the same tasks without hitting 10-15%.

There is a reason why phones use their GPUs to decode video files (PCs too). It's more energy efficient because dedicated hardware is better than a general processor.

What are some good things to farm? I'm not really sure what to do with my Stamina at this point. I have 2 fully upgraded black hood thingies.

All of the orbs! I seem to always need more power orbs... Spell blade and weapon abilities all need them.

Shadow780

Can I beat the FFIV event before it ends with:

Lv 20 crew of DK Cecil, Kain, Cloud, Tyro and Rydia
Lv 5 Buster Sword + 2 max level Kunai + max level Ice Brand

I didn't farm any Black Cowl yet but I do have a Genji Shield, and tomorrow I'll be farming Fire orbs to get Fire Strike and Fira as well as Cura for Tyro.

Falk

that puzzling face
Realistically with that gear if you don't get 1shot by Darkness you'll probably kill him in like 2-3 rounds flat.

This isn't necessarily true, just having the GPU being on doesn't necessarily mean that more power is being used, especially if the CPU is being hit with 100% utilization (which I imagine it was since my phone was heating up pretty hard) while the GPU can do the same tasks without hitting 10-15%.

There is a reason why phones use their GPUs to decode video files (PCs too). It's more energy efficient because dedicated hardware is better than a general processor.

All of the orbs! I seem to always need more power orbs... Spell blade and weapon abilities all need them.

That setting forces your gpu to render 100% of content 100% of the time. Having the gpu on is a huge battery drain, and while yes it's possible to come up with situations where over a small window of time using a gpu will lead to less power consumption than not using one, having the gpu powered up 100% of the time your phone is on will definitely result in less battery life

Shahed

Can I beat the FFIV event before it ends with:

Lv 20 crew of DK Cecil, Kain, Cloud, Tyro and Rydia
Lv 5 Buster Sword + 2 max level Kunai + max level Ice Brand

I didn't farm any Black Cowl yet but I do have a Genji Shield, and tomorrow I'll be farming Fire orbs to get Fire Strike and Fira as well as Cura for Tyro.
It'll be a joke. Your Armour might not be the best, but you'll kill everything too quickly for it to matter. Fira is the only thing I'd say to add beforehand

That setting forces your gpu to render 100% of content 100% of the time. Having the gpu on is a huge battery drain, and while yes it's possible to come up with situations where over a small window of time using a gpu will lead to less power consumption than not using one, having the gpu powered up 100% of the time your phone is on will definitely result in less battery life

I can already tell you right now that the game is draining far less power now than it was. The option also does not force your GPU to render 100% of the time, only on apps that are up... and most apps already DO use it by default. I think you're underestimating just how power efficient phone GPUs are.

The GPU is rendering graphics, it's more efficient than your CPU at doing it... It's why we created GPUs to begin with. Having your GPU do the tasks your CPU is bad at is going to be more efficient in almost any situation. The times the GPU is going to drain your battery more are when your GPU and CPU are BOTH being maxed out at the same time (IE 3D graphics while you're playing a game)... This game is not pushing your CPU when it's not rendering graphics itself.

I'll run you some tests to give you some hard numbers tomorrow if you'd like (have to get ready for work later).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom