• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New event tomorrow night.

FF7 Sector 7 of Midgar. Looks like Aerith is the unlock.

Double beaten!

"Recruit a descendant of the Ancients to your party! Be prepared! Get new characters in Classic Dungeons, and use Daily Dungeons to build up your party now!"

jwhit28

Can I beat the FFIV event before it ends with:

Lv 20 crew of DK Cecil, Kain, Cloud, Tyro and Rydia
Lv 5 Buster Sword + 2 max level Kunai + max level Ice Brand

I didn't farm any Black Cowl yet but I do have a Genji Shield, and tomorrow I'll be farming Fire orbs to get Fire Strike and Fira as well as Cura for Tyro.

You are better off than I was. I have Master on all but Mt Ordeals Gravesite.

Roto13

That's good. I hate Aerith as a character but it will be nice to have a healer with an actual name. YOu've served me well, White Mage.

Shahed

When you guys said tomorrow, I.was expecting it at the next daily change. Its 24 hours from now :(

Well at least I can do some Power Orb farming.

All of my experience eggs! Also RIP Pally Cecil... I hardly knew you.

Haven't gotten arohnd to properly levelling and using him as a healer yet. Still in his mid 20's. Now I won't have to!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Aerith will be a nice addition. I guess they are really riding out most people's familiarity with Final Fantasy VII.

I wish it was a Final Fantasy VIII or XIII event :(

I can already tell you right now that the game is draining far less power now than it was. The option also does not force your GPU to render 100% of the time, only on apps that are up... and most apps already DO use it by default. I think you're underestimating just how power efficient phone GPUs are.

The GPU is rendering graphics, it's more efficient than your CPU at doing it... It's why we created GPUs to begin with. Having your GPU do the tasks your CPU is bad at is going to be more efficient in almost any situation. The times the GPU is going to drain your battery more are when your GPU and CPU are BOTH being maxed out at the same time (IE 3D graphics while you're playing a game)... This game is not pushing your CPU when it's not rendering graphics itself.

I'll run you some tests to give you some hard numbers tomorrow if you'd like (have to get ready for work later).

It's more efficient in the sense that it can do it faster, not with less power. A good test would involve using many apps and testing the time to fully drain the battery with normal usage patterns. I don't think it's possible to do that by tomorrow, but you can surely try to come up with something. Then do this with 10,000 users. Not trying to sound cocky or anything, it's just that i work with this type of thing daily and I've seen numbers collected from hundreds of millions of users (literally), and the data always shows that GPUs are worse on battery life than CPUs. But again, we can always find exceptions, for example with a really weak gpu or really poorly written software on the cpu. But on the average, GPUs consume a lot of power

Falk

that puzzling face
I actually have stronger FFIV synergy at this point but Seph/Cloud are likely to wreck everything anyway.

edit: Tyro did enjoy a really short-lived reprise as a mini-healer though with the FFV 4* bow from Elite rewards lol.

Shahed

Truth be told while I'm happy about getting a White Mage, I didn't necessarily want Aeris. We've already got 3 FFVII characters. But then again what are the other options? Rosa? A full 5 team for FFIV. Yuna? We already have 2 FFX characters and I'd rather get FFX gear instead. Garnet would have been nice I suppose.

I'd really like a ranged character that isn't annoying like Wakka. Balthier would be ideal

A ff7 event should be auto battle city for cloud, tifa, and sephy.

Also I feel like I should go back and redo all the classic dungeons for random 1 star weapons to fuse into 3 star weapons for synergy. When my level 11 cecile with a 2 star mythril hammer is out damaging my sephy with a 4 star katana thanks to synergy like damn

elty

A ff7 event should be auto battle city for cloud, tifa, and sephy.

Also I feel like I should go back and redo all the classic dungeons for random 1 star weapons to fuse into 3 star weapons for synergy. When my level 11 cecile with a 2 star mythril hammer is out damaging my sephy with a 4 star katana thanks to synergy like damn

A 2* upgraded to 4* is much worse than a native 4*.

Shahed

Hope this gives new FFVII weapons actually. Still only have Tifa's Leather Glove++. Cloud and Sephiroth have good Lv 15 weapons so they're okay with character synergy, but it's the others I'm thinking about.

Falk

that puzzling face
He said synergy. And he's right, Synergy is absurd enough to overcome the base stats deficit.

a 1*++ 10/10 maxed out with synergy is on par with a maxed out (but not combined) 4* 15/15 without synergy.

Ashodin

Equipment - Cost - Amount Can Purchase
---------------------
Power Staff (IV) - (30 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 3
Bulletproof Vest (VII) - (30 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 3
Power Wrist (VII) - (150 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 2
Sniper's Eye (VI) - (150 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 2
Earrings (VII) - (2,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Chocobo Feather (VII) - (2,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Jewel Ring (VI) - (10,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Peace Ring (VII) - (10,000 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1

These are the equips you can get from the Aeris event

You can also exchange for mythril (!)

Others

Mythril - (50 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 2
Mythril - (120 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Mythril - (180 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1
Mythril - (250 Gysahl Greens) - Can Acquire: 1

Equipment
Power Staff (IV) 30 Gysahl Greens, x3
Bulletproof Vest (VII) 30 Gysahl Greens, x3
Power Wrist (VII) 150 Gysahl Greens, x2
Sniper's Eye (VI) 150 Gysahl Greens, x2
Earrings (VII) 2,000 Gysahl Greens, x1
Chocobo Feather (VII) 2,000 Gysahl Greens, x1
Jewel Ring (VI) 10,000 Gysahl Greens, x1
Peace Ring (VII) 10,000 Gysahl Greens, x1

These are the equips you can get.

You can also exchange for mythril (!)
Others
Mythril 50 Gysahl Greens, x2
Mythril 120 Gysahl Greens, x1
Mythril 180 Gysahl Greens, x1
Mythril 250 Gysahl Greens, x1

Translate this what does it mean where can I get Gysahl greens?!

Falk

that puzzling face
That was a little confusing.

Bigger number of gysahl for smaller number of mythril, limited by the amount of uses, right?

Ashodin

Cecil is only doing 750 with Cura even with the Hypno Crown (FF5 healer hat). I'm more than willing to trade him to Aerith. He doesn't do enough damage (about 400 on current elites) to justify the loss of heals in most cases.

My Cecil hits for 1K all da time.

Falk

that puzzling face
If hard mode Reno drops Greater Summon Stones I'm going to feel like such a chump for doing this at 40stam/repetition at Mt. Ordeals.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah my Cecil is nice as a healer and good damage dealer. I still use Tyro for his weapon usage from the back and is my go to healer since he does less than Cecil. I don't have many non-black/white magic abilities so it works out really nice for me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Welp, was misreading the chart. Hard mode is 71 stamina total, with 7 stages. Basically an endurance test unless you camp. Time to hone some Cura I guess, for those bad potion rolls.

johnsmith

remember me
Got wrecked on elite FF5 North Mountain. It sure doesn't feel like they nerfed it any. Way harder than FF6 North Mines prenerf.

Interesting info for tomorrow (from Reddit):

Easy

Stamina needed: 10
Clearing reward: Greens x10
First clear: Mythril x1, Greens x30
Master clear: Greens x50

Normal

Stamina needed: 26
Clearing reward: Greens x40
First clear: Mythril x1, Greens x250
Master clear: Greens x500

Hard

Stamina needed: 71
Clearing reward: Greens x100
First clear: Mythril x1, Greens x500
Master clear: Greens x1000

So, if you master the three stages (once), you get 2480 Gysahl Greens.

Also, you can get Gysahl Greens from monsters. The average given are:

Easy: 25-30 Greens, ~2.8 Greens/Stamina
Normal: 115 Greens, ~4.5 Greens/Stamina
Hard: 425 Greens, ~6 Greens/Stamina

Forget getting both 10 000 Greens accessories! It will be Aerith, Mythril and some orbs for me. I checked the Peace Ring:

Peace Ring (VII)
Stats: Confusion resist (small), Max Level: 1
Type: Accessory, Rarity: ★★★

10 000 greens... What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom